IMG_3090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4036 (resized).jpg
IMG_4034 (resized).jpg
IMG_3077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240331_163644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1907 Service bulletin noting lock down bar change Posted by Jarbyjibbo (6 years ago)

Post #4404 The Valinor Strategy Video Posted by CLEllison (4 years ago)

Post #5383 LOTR documentation for silicone rings and LEDs Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #9244 TECH:PLAYFIELD Opto Driver replacement board warning Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jbovenzi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1755 6 years ago

To the fantastic LOTR fixit team,

I have an issue that I can't seem to fix. Machine works well but upon shooting the ring during normal play, the ball gets stuck in the Ring well and does not drop out onto the playfield or go through the ring and get onto the habitrail.

I think that I have worked it out and it's mechanical. The spinner switch is working well and the Optos are fine as I checked this in the switch matrix. The ball comes in during a mode and just sits there. No movement after the magnet turns off. Checked this with a paper clip and I see that the magnet turns off. Doesn't seem to be a problem electrically.

If I push the ball through with my finger, it goes to the back and everything is fine. Ball returns to the habitrail and play proceeds. Also after the mode is started, the ball goes through the ring and through to the back normally.

Do I need to rebuild the ring assembly? A shim to give it more angle to drop backwards?

Just asking the collective...

Thanks!

#1757 6 years ago

Nope. Just changed them. New Carbon Steel ones.

I did forget to mention that.

#1759 6 years ago

Thank you both for the suggestions.

The magnet is turning off. I was afraid of that before and suspended a paper clip when the mode is triggered. Clip is captured as well then releases when the mode starts. I don't think it's the magnet now.

The clear plastic funnel seems to be smooth and unbroken. Nothing in there to "catch" onto the ball. Sticking a finger in there I don't find any rough spots.

Has any one had to adjust their funnel/ring to overcome this? My guess is that somehow it needs to me tightened up, but I can't see where to tighten anything.

6 months later
#2523 6 years ago

Did not want to hijack the thread, but just got Silly Old Elf's Side Art Blades for LOTR.

Fantastic quality and artwork! I highly recommend them to anyone looking to dress up their cabinet sides!

Hijack over...

1 year later
#4189 4 years ago

jfesler was extremely helpful to me on fixing my "Balrog Hit" error. Wanted to add this to the LOTR forum to help with others...

I did leave the Balrog on the motor pivot, but just removed the back plate from the assembly. Two hex/slotted screws hold it in place.
The switch is exposed then. Remove the two Phillips head screws and the switch assembly comes right off. The issue with mine was that the switch was wired wrong as I got the game. Follow the correct mounting of the two red wires (on my game at least) so that the switch is normally closed. Two red wires going to normally closed/normally open.

I also had to bend the Roller Microswitch out to have the Balrog close it when in the resting position.

My game was registering a Switch Matrix issue because of this. Ball launch was auto-firing was the main issue.
Replaced switches, optos in trough, and scratched my head on this one. Again, hoping others learn from my problem.

Stern Switch Wiring (resized).pngStern Switch Wiring (resized).png
1 week later
#4219 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Cutting my own. Has zip tie holes and slots to give you more adjustments. At this time im Only selling the plate. Figures are getting harder to find and i dont wanna search for hours per unit to find sets

Please add me to the list buying a of a "River etched" Path of the Dead. I just like the fact of seeing the pinball through the top, not adding the figures and lighting.

Thank you for doing this!

2 years later
#7619 2 years ago

Not sure that this has been mentioned, but I just got a new topper today! (Nah, just kidding! I'll keep the light up Balrog up there!)

Marco is now selling these and I was surprised to see it. Got it for posterity, I guess...

IMG_2135 (resized).JPGIMG_2135 (resized).JPG
#7621 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

I wonder what the special prize was?

I would be interested to find out as well. Also as another Pinsider just said to me he can't imagine Chuck E. having pinballs for many years now.

#7623 2 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Looks like Marco has similar toppers for TSPP and Stern PotC "win bonus tickets".
Also found an old thread talking about location pins disappearing from C.E.C. 9yrs ago.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-disappearing-from-chuck-e-cheeses

Good find! Just checked again and they also have Shrek.

#7624 2 years ago

I just thought about this and I should buy all of them. I can wait a couple of years and sell them for $4000 each!

#7652 2 years ago

Wow, I guess I started a Cheesy trend!

Glad to see everyone grab those toppers!

3 months later
#7940 2 years ago

Downsizing collection. LOTR up for sale in SF Bay Area. Wanted to share with this channel to help sell.

Thanks for looking!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/129255

Added over 2 years ago:

Sold

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jbovenzi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-lord-of-the-rings-journey-begins-members-club?tu=jbovenzi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.