IMG_3090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4036 (resized).jpg
IMG_4034 (resized).jpg
IMG_3077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240331_163644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1907 Service bulletin noting lock down bar change Posted by Jarbyjibbo (6 years ago)

Post #4404 The Valinor Strategy Video Posted by CLEllison (4 years ago)

Post #5383 LOTR documentation for silicone rings and LEDs Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #9244 TECH:PLAYFIELD Opto Driver replacement board warning Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gumnut01.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8880 1 year ago

Just joined. HUO. Arrives soon. Can’t wait. No dick.

20EE193C-E330-4007-B8E1-1E075E4AD172 (resized).jpeg20EE193C-E330-4007-B8E1-1E075E4AD172 (resized).jpeg45BC5A1B-C2F4-4E1E-B906-D635F9A85E1F (resized).jpeg45BC5A1B-C2F4-4E1E-B906-D635F9A85E1F (resized).jpeg45E66737-571A-4839-870C-53A73EAEC9A2 (resized).jpeg45E66737-571A-4839-870C-53A73EAEC9A2 (resized).jpeg5EF315DF-B46E-4E90-98CA-789F02C2A923 (resized).jpeg5EF315DF-B46E-4E90-98CA-789F02C2A923 (resized).jpeg8ADC9D40-6C81-4154-822D-D32E957150BA (resized).jpeg8ADC9D40-6C81-4154-822D-D32E957150BA (resized).jpeg923BF31D-2D79-4BFA-B247-DF4C048DEBD7 (resized).jpeg923BF31D-2D79-4BFA-B247-DF4C048DEBD7 (resized).jpeg
#8886 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

hopefully you have, or can get the fire ring mod, from France..it's the best mod for this machine, outside of a pinsound board, ymmv..LEDOCD board, palantir globe, balrog whip, orthanc tower..the list is endless on mods..but it looks like your new machine has a lot of it already..really loving the bronze plating..one day I will do the same to mine.

It does not have the ring of fire, but I think these are no longer available? Seen some pretty beat up LOTR, but nothing as pretty as this one coming up for sale in Oz. Honestly I had no room for another pin. Wife said 9 maximum in our new pinball room because she wanted a reading nook in the corner. Got to 10 and her little corner was looking a bit tight. This makes it 11. So maybe there is a dick after all…..

Anyways excited, let the journey begin!

#8889 1 year ago
Quoted from TheNecromancer:

Ok, so I'm really torn and I kind of understand that being the LOTR club it may be somewhat biased opinions but I have the chance to trade my 7 month old (450 plays) 1 owner Jurassic Park Premium for a well optioned LOTR.
My heart really wants the LOTR as it's my favorite books and movies since high school. I'm a huge fan. Jurassic Park is also a favorite of mine but not at the level LOTR is. I've never played the LOTR pin, but I've read enough to know that I doubt I'll be disappointed. The hang up comes to the value. With tax and shipping and a couple mods I'm in JP for $10,200. The LOTR game has a lot of cool add-ons such as the path of the dead, palantir, eye of Sauron, power blades, speaker grills and a color DMD. There may be other small things but I don't know the game well enough. The cabinet does have some scuffs on the lower left side, not bad but there. I also realize the game is 19 years old too. It's said to 100% working order.
The reason I purchased JP in the first place is while originally looking for a LOTR a dealer talked me out of it as I was knew to pinball and kind of scared me away from an older game as a first machine. I've since added a POTC and while still a noob I'm already a lot less intimidated by an older machine. So when this somewhat local LOTR surfaced recently as a trade I've really been thinking about it. In 2016 I looked at buying a LOTR and they were trading for around $4000 - $5000 at the time which seemed pretty high and I backed down thinking if I wait a few years they would be cheaper. Well, that didn't really work out for me. I can't help but wonder if I wait another couple years will I be looking at these machines for $12k or $13k? More? I feel that if I take the trade I may be losing around $1000 on my end but I guess you don't really ever recoup tax and shipping. Maybe it's worth it to get the Holy Grail pin for me? Should I just be patient and save up for another year or so and find one then? I will like try to find another JP in the end as those were the three goal pins but who knows, maybe I find something I like more than JP too. I find JP as a noob to be a hard game.
what are you're thoughts? would you trade even if it favored the seller?

That’s a tough one. No pin is permanent so you can always sell if you don’t enjoy. In doing my own research (as I Haven’t played it yet either) this seems like a less brutal pin than JP. It also has quick and fun shots and lots of toys. It seems long playing with many different paths. If you want a pin for mainly single play then it seems enriching. If you want a fun quick pin to enjoy with friends something like AFM is awesome. I gave up a TBL spot to get LOTR so I feel your pain in deciding.

If you love JP then I would save and try and afford both. If you are finding JP too hard and not much fun then maybe sell for now, hone your skills on LOTR and revisit JP later. Just be aware that LOTR may seem a bit of a step backwards compared to the bigger sound, multiple shots and animations of JP. I always wanted an Theatre of Magic. Played one at a friends place years later, and I thought “is that all?”, sorry I can’t help you out more. Maybe someone else who has both pins can chime in here?

#8902 1 year ago
Quoted from jazc4:

Does anyone have or know where the Fire Ring mod is still available? 2Niro and MezelMods are both out. If not available, any guesses where to buy the halo light to attempt to make my own? I'd much rather buy a complete one, but it's too cool a mod not to have on LOTR.[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Contact him on [email protected]

He has some. 120 euro. I bought one 2 days ago.

And make sure you spell his name properly. I kept incorrectly messaging him as Frank.

Great guy. Good luck!

#8908 1 year ago
Quoted from jazc4:

Already heard back from Franck and the process is going. This is gonna be awesome!!

Agreed. After reading KING-HENRY banging on about it every 2nd post, I was thinking I’m going to have to sell the damn pin unless I can steal one from someone

#8917 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

+1000 on the fire ring..One of the best mods on my LotR! I can't imagine the game without it. And I have some hefty mods on mine already, so this speaks very well for the fire ring, or 'ring of fire'...Currently, I'm trying to source a clear acrylic sting sword (with the elvish engravings), to attach over the metal sword ramp (on the right)..I have the handle mod, but this idea of mine is pretty good, actually..because you will be able to see the ball travel through the clear acrylic sword..AND it would light up blue when something interesting goes off in-game..like balrog or something else. I just can't find and make a clear blade to complete my vision. *it would be lit at the base of the sword, going straight down through the length of the blade.

When you develop it, you should send one to me for free. Excellent idea!

Quoted from KING-HENRY:

that's friken AWESOME..SO, it's a little video monitor, built into the back of the palantir globe???? If so, Meesa wants one...who wants my old Palantir Globe with just the eye? (lol) ..

Don’t make me regret my decision just to keep the standard eye one!!

#8919 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

That’s funny man . Go put another shrimp on the barbie, and I’ll get crackin’ on sourcing the sting blade. Cheers mate!

We call them prawns. Bloody Paul Hogan sold us out.

#8921 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

bummer~! But at least he knows what a knife is! ymmv

Noice!

Edit: seriously though let me know if the upgrade for the new crystal ball thing is worth it.

1 week later
#8970 1 year ago

So we’ve had our pin for a week or so. We have a few pins in our collection which have long ball times like AFM, TSPP, GZ and EHOH. Was worried that this would have even longer ball times from reading all the reviews. Doesn’t seem overly so. We have next to no ball saver on, open outlanes and a waxed playfield. This thing is fast, especially Gandalf orbit and left ramp. Really enjoying the variety of shots. Most of our balls are fairly short with the odd ball lasting a few minutes. Pleasantly surprised to have such a fast, challenging game with lots of depth. Definitely shoots better than TSPP. Looking forward to exploring more of it.

1 week later
#9048 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Selling my absolutely beautiful LOTR ...just listed on pinside https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/147909 11,500 or trade for Alien LV in perfect shape/no errors.
I also just ordered a 2niro Video Palantir v.2 Globe which is in the mail..I want to sell that separately, and without a profit..the same cost as I payed to get it to my door..

Hey KING-HENRY sad to see you go. You’ve certainly had a lot of enthusiasm for this game. Thanks for all your help. Hope you enjoy your alien as much.

2 months later
#9317 1 year ago
Quoted from DystopicPinball:

Hi everyone,
I'd like to share with you the gallery of all the mods I've made for my LOTR pinball!
Thank you
https://www.dystopicpinball.com/my-pinball-gallery/lord-of-the-rings

I like the skulls pillar!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

€ 7.50
€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.50
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gumnut01.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-lord-of-the-rings-journey-begins-members-club?tu=gumnut01 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.