IMG_3090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4036 (resized).jpg
IMG_4034 (resized).jpg
IMG_3077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240331_163644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1907 Service bulletin noting lock down bar change Posted by Jarbyjibbo (6 years ago)

Post #4404 The Valinor Strategy Video Posted by CLEllison (4 years ago)

Post #5383 LOTR documentation for silicone rings and LEDs Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #9244 TECH:PLAYFIELD Opto Driver replacement board warning Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider falconpunch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#945 7 years ago

For those that have the hobbit and LOTR. Do you find yourself still playing LoTR? How does it feel after the hobbit?

3 months later
#1204 7 years ago

Is there any way to reset the 'destroy ring champion' I was testing the game once with glass off and it kept the time with no name.
I just went into 'reset high scores' to see of there was a sub menu... No menu, it took of 1 to 4. Left GC Atleast. Don't really want to do a factory reset since my GC game was pretty good!

3 weeks later
#1250 7 years ago
Quoted from JordanB:

I replaced my Shire VUK and it's flaking out again less than 3 months later. It's weird because it clicks (adjusted properly) but flat out doesn't register maybe 15% of the time.
I saw in this thread that the diode should be removed from the pinball life replacement. I don't remember if I did this or not when I installed the replacement. Would it have an effect on the longevity/reliability of the switch if left on? Any suggestions on taking care of this once and for all? Thanks!

Wow. I was about to post the exact same thing. Literally replaced mine soon after buying. And 100 games later having the same issue!

The weird thing is is registered 100 percent of the time. Its just when it goes to kick the ball up it only kicks it half way in the air....
Tired about 15 times and then give an operator error. Thrn does ball search and kicks it up perfectly.
This is the same thing that happened when I got it and replacing it fixed the issue....
But what's actually happening here incorrectly? Why is the solenoid being so weak and what's it got to do with the switch?

Thanks.

1 week later
#1263 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Switch is separate from your Actual kick action. Look for loose bracket, wire on coil, etc. could be alignment or broken/loose wire

Thanks. The issue is so temperamental. Which is what happen the first time. The coil and bracket look ok.
It just refused to kick up at all just now until 'coil malfunction.
Went to take video and it's started to work most of the time.

I went into switch test and noticed that when I press the switch with my finger it makes the switch sound once. When I roll the ball in it seems to go off about 3 times before kicking. The gimli switch does exactly the same thing but never has any issues kicking the ball up.

Here is a small video in switch test.

I have no issues replacing the switch again... Just don't want to keep doing it if it's something else. The switch arm does have a little bit of sideways action which I don't think it had when I replaced it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 39.50
$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 7.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 25.00
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider falconpunch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-lord-of-the-rings-journey-begins-members-club?tu=falconpunch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.