IMG_2852 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240315-080536 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240315-080458 (resized).png
IMG_8433.jpeg
IMG_2627 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1907 Service bulletin noting lock down bar change Posted by Jarbyjibbo (6 years ago)

Post #4404 The Valinor Strategy Video Posted by CLEllison (4 years ago)

Post #5383 LOTR documentation for silicone rings and LEDs Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #9244 TECH:PLAYFIELD Opto Driver replacement board warning Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider f3honda4me.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4381 4 years ago

I'm picking up a LOTR that has a broken vertical shire VUK plastic (the riveted piece), and from what I understand to replace it you have to buy an entire plastics set. All other plastics are fine though and already have plastic protectors so I'm wondering if I can just fix this using the lexan piece as others have done with the velcro. No better solutions have come along for this plastic piece yet hey?

#4394 4 years ago

Anyone heard of any PF makers are going to make any again for LOTR? Mirco, CPR, etc?

#4396 4 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

hi guys,
Tool some time to install my playfield protector, but now facing an issue; the gate in front of Orthanc that opens during war of the ents is now behaving strangely; it kind of shakes when it opens due to the coil.
Any idea on how to make it still as it was before when opened?

Mine is doing this and I don’t have a PF protector. I plan to check the solenoid it might be worn or parts need replacement or binding somewhere etc.

#4398 4 years ago

Joined the club. Beautiful pin with lots of fun mods. Has full LED OCD kit, pinsound+, color dmd, balrog topper, led backbox with eye of Sauron flasher, FF speakers, Palantir eye mod, and many more.

2F90DC6D-F4D1-4A3E-BC0A-56B4B20C3771 (resized).jpeg2F90DC6D-F4D1-4A3E-BC0A-56B4B20C3771 (resized).jpeg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4402 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

nice ! hope you enjoy it. the only things that baby needs is the decal pack for the palantir and ring targets and shire and maybe the POTD mod!

It has the shire decals and has cliffys everywhere as well as plastic protectors. DEFINITELY needs the POTD mod! I'll have to snag the palantir and ring target decals too. I'm also thinking of getting decals for the cabinet. There are some pretty badly worn areas on the cabinet and from what I can tell the cabinets are direct printed? I was thinking of going with this alternative decal set: https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/lord-of-the-rings-alternate-pinball-cabinet-decals/

#4405 4 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

hi guys,
Tool some time to install my playfield protector, but now facing an issue; the gate in front of Orthanc that opens during war of the ents is now behaving strangely; it kind of shakes when it opens due to the coil.
Any idea on how to make it still as it was before when opened?

Here is a link to the official service bulletin.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/sb147.pdf

#4409 4 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Shoot, did not think of magnetization... have been trying to adjust the switches for hours.
So no way to solve it apart from shaking the machine? Or very regular ball change?

Make sure you’re using basic carbon steel balls. No ninja or chrome balls, they will magnetize quickly.

#4418 4 years ago

It’s silver.

Added over 5 years ago:

Edit: I’m wrong, the one I have actually is clear

#4439 4 years ago

My shire plastic broke off entirely. Any reason to even bother replacing it? Will it affect the game/ball somehow negatively?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider f3honda4me.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-lord-of-the-rings-journey-begins-members-club?tu=f3honda4me and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.