IMG_3090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4036 (resized).jpg
IMG_4034 (resized).jpg
IMG_3077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240331_163644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1907 Service bulletin noting lock down bar change Posted by Jarbyjibbo (6 years ago)

Post #4404 The Valinor Strategy Video Posted by CLEllison (4 years ago)

Post #5383 LOTR documentation for silicone rings and LEDs Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #9244 TECH:PLAYFIELD Opto Driver replacement board warning Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider f-2niro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8067 2 years ago

Hello
is anyone knows where i can find the both hex spacer with the bracket ( red arrow on picture )
seems hard to find
ThxHEX_grande (resized).jpgHEX_grande (resized).jpg

#8070 2 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

The bracket is 515-6508-00,https://pu-parts.com/metal-hex-spacer-mounting-bracket.
The spacer is 254-5008-13B. Marco has one, https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/254-5008-13B, but it's just a 1&5/8 hex post covered in heat shrink to make it black. You could just order a 1&5/8 spacer and paint it or cover it yourself.

you rock man, many tanks, I did a search at PU parts but I did not use the right words, many thanks.

4 months later
#8538 1 year ago

Hi Guys, a video of a topper I made at the request of a client

3 months later
#8928 1 year ago

Hi everyone, not much time to hang out on the forum these days, so many late orders, new projects that are struggling to be finalized, not to mention the restoration of PF and yet, I work every day without taking any rest .
I will still answer the questions and provide some clarifications.
we made a V2 because, as you know, we are living in a period of crisis which also affects electronic components, the equipment we used for the palantir V1 was increasingly hard to find.
we have therefore migrated to a more consistent and more efficient architecture.
Of course, we had to rewrite the whole program, the card used has a higher storage capacity and we thought why not improve the mod.
this is how two sequences were considered, in addition to the eye of sauron, a sequence with gollum for the hole of the gollum and a sequence with the finger of sauron and its ring with the inscriptions which ignite.
a change of trigger was therefore programmed using the switch matrix, unfortunately, this made a considerable number of bytes and it was impossible to have 3 different sequences, the finger and its ring were planned with the capture of the ball in the ring, but the resolution had to be lowered to save storage memory and the rendering was not satisfactory.
we decided to remove the one of the ring and the finger of sauron, that's it for the story.
in summary, what changes, a LORD OF THE RINGS logo appears at startup, the sequence of the eye on fire is more fluid and of better definition and the sequence of gollum appears when the ball falls into the hole of the gollum.
we added an attrack mod that lets the LOTR logo appear then the eye on fire every 150 seconds of inactivity.
as the triggers are made by the switch matrix, there is more interaction with the lighting..
all this had a cost that I passed on to V2.
for the ring of fire, I increased by 5€ because the components increased a lot and the price had never increased for a long time despite the incessant price increases of the supplies.
the barddur tower has also had its update with a new map and a new, prettier interaction.
i add here a link with the new vidéo sequence.

#8936 1 year ago
Quoted from briyau15:

I may have missed it but how does one purchase this V2 Palantir? I don’t see anything on the market place so is it direct via email?

Currently, to many requests and it's hard to have items in stock.
I am working with pre order by contacting me at this adress => [email protected]

#8943 1 year ago

I am surprised at these prices, I have always seen lower prices in France compared to the United States, at the moment, for a very nice standard lord, the prices are from 9500 to 11500€ .
these crazy prices are not just for lord but many other game.
indiana jones williams fetches outrageous prices too.

3 weeks later
#9108 1 year ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Does anyone have a link for the install instructiona for the 2 Niro ring and palantier mods? Checked his site but no luck.

to install Palantir , you must follow the link below,
the first tutorial is for the V1 but good to install the sphere for V2
to connect electronics parts, there an onther video in french but easy to understand the process with the additional picture for the board which replaces the Z connector

https://www.2niro-pinball.com/palantir-lord-of-the-rings/1883/

2 weeks later
#9160 1 year ago
Quoted from briyau15:

The original bulb power seems to be a 2 prong so not sure where I’m supposed to connect that to any of the parts that came with the Palantir.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

indeed this two-pin connector is used for the animation of the bulb which is under the original globe.
you have to remove this socket bulb which is no longer useful, the female connector just being used to connect the trigger of the palantir V1.
I made an additional video just for the electrical connection part in French but I added explanations in pictures which are very well detailed on my site section pinball mods / palantir.

in case of doubt, I respond quickly to questions asked by email to [email protected]
thanks for the feedback

2 weeks later
#9243 1 year ago
Quoted from drummermike:

My ring is not working properly. It seems to hold the ball for a second and then releases. It did not register when I went to destroy ring. The ball went through three times and nothing happened. The spinner switch is working. The opto transmitter is lit (red). I replaced the opto receiver and the opto board. The fuse is good. Looking at the ring magnet test, opto switch 47 is solid.

if I understand correctly you replaced your opto card and it does not work, when I see the reference of your opto card, it ends with 01 whereas on lord it must end with 00, the card you have is generally assigned at Ripley's bilive it or not.
one of the opto connectors is reversed between anode and cathode, either unsolder and invert the wires of the corresponding opto LED, or remove and return the plastic key to the opto card so that the tab is the other way round, it is the two-pin connector J2 which is concerned.

#9245 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Marco just says 520-5239-00 was replaced by 520-5239-01. You're saying that it's not actually a direct replacement because the J2 A-K are reversed on the 01 and need to be flipped to work with LotR like the -00 did?

yes absolutely, I had this problem when I had to replace a defective card, I also have customers who had this problem with my fire ring mod, I did not see any sales site offering the card origin of the standard lord or even the gold version.
these two cards are also different with the direction of the two connectors

#9247 1 year ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Thanks for the update. I noticed the reversed tab when I put the original board in. Would reversing the opto plug on the board work?

in principle yes, but reverse the plastic of the connector otherwise you will break the tab and it will be badly connected.
I can't, there is no risk of damaging the card if you mishandle these peyit connectors

Quoted from drummermike:

Marco listed the board as the right part.

sellers are not experts in everything they sell.

1 month later
#9301 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

Well it finally broke. Any idea where to get a new one? I’ve looked at the usual sites and didn’t see any
[quoted image]

https://sos-pinball.com/fr/222-decors-flipper-the-lord-of-the-rings-plastic-pinball.html

1 week later
#9322 1 year ago
Quoted from DystopicPinball:

Hi everyone,
I'd like to share with you the gallery of all the mods I've made for my LOTR pinball!
Thank you
https://www.dystopicpinball.com/my-pinball-gallery/lord-of-the-rings

Nice job, congrat

2 weeks later
#9382 1 year ago
Quoted from flipper73:

Which mod would you recommend I should add to my game which I do not have now?

best regards Ralf

Barad Dur tower Mod

3 weeks later
#9482 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

it holds and pulses... Then is it supposed to go down the wireform, or is it supposed to drop it? Mine is dribbling out after holding

it's quite random, it can come out the ring or be caught and come out in the wire form

2 months later
#9621 9 months ago

It is us who have equipped the apron with the light effects, here is a video with other mods, the work of alessandro is very well done.

1 week later
#9624 9 months ago
Quoted from Dezman:

Would be very interested in the apron lighting if you ever sell it. Already have the Palantir love it.

PM

#9628 9 months ago

Hi there,
I received several requests concerning the luminous apron.

In order to avoid requests that would not succeed and to answer all, the price of this apron is 650€, the price may seem high for some but there are several actions to be carried out to achieve the final product, the realization of the apron, then send to another craftsman for the powder coating and finally, the light integration.

This last step takes me a lot of time.

In order not to illuminate closed parts, which would be on the one hand wasteful and would require a huge number of LEDs, in addition it would have a repercussion of heat by Joule effect and a large consumption of current.

I have to follow the scriptures and so I make a lot of small portions of ledstrip that I stick on the diffusing plate then I connect the next one to the apron itself and so on.

It is craftsmanship and time consuming.

Of course if I had a huge order book, i would make a PCB and it would be faster and the cost price would be reduced.

I don't really believe in it but if that happened, i would launch a major production.

On the other hand, unlike all the pre-orders I had for my other mods and where I took no deposit, because I knew it would sell anyway, if I had to start producing apron, I would take a deposit, if you have any questions...

#9636 8 months ago
Quoted from TheShadowsNose:

J'adore tous vos mods lotr, donc je serais probablement intéressé. Y a-t-il un prototype de cela que nous pouvons voir?

Hi Chris
follow this link , there a video

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-lord-of-the-rings-journey-begins-members-club/page/193#post-7664263

one of my clients equipped alessandro's sides with my light kit, magnificent result

#9641 8 months ago

I am studying the subject to see if this project is viable, however, it will not be before the end of this year

Quoted from Bobbdobalina:

That is frickin awesome, interested!

2 weeks later
#9662 8 months ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Anyone have any experience/words of wisdom about the mods? Been sitting on them for about 2 years now lol.
[quoted image]

you can follow the link below, there PDF and video to install.
you can contact me in any doubt.

https://www.2niro-pinball.com/category/pinball-mods/

#9668 8 months ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

never came across this fire ring mod before, looks killer. you still make these?

yes of course, follow the link below, there other mods for lord, you can buy on my website or at Mezel mods.
https://www.2niro-pinball.com/category/pinball-mods/

1 month later
3 months later
#10007 66 days ago

Hi there
So busy with lots of backlogged playfield restoration works, by dint of putting the creation of mods first, I find myself in this situation but I still try to release a few runs.
A badass version for the path of the deads is in progress.
I have to find the time to master the 3D scanners that I bought to make the soldiers and find the right compromise in color for the printing resin.
I have launched a small production of aprons which will be available this year, paint versions and gold versions, see the video below.
The Barad Dur are waiting at the printers shop, may be ready in one month.
For palantir, a little run will be ready very soon.
orbs (resized).jpgorbs (resized).jpg

#10010 66 days ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

I wish someone would come up with something that wasn't just a large piece of acrylic with figures on top.

What I am going to propose is a little visible in the video of my previous message.
a slight engraving almost invisible when the plate is off which is revealed when the ball falls into the Orthank VUK before the ball arrives on the mini PF, this goes out with a timer managed by the mini ledstrip control program which has almost the same fire effect as the ring but based on green.
the soldiers will be connected to the 4 bulbs on the panel and the wires must be invisible

1 month later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 12.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 39.50
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider f-2niro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-lord-of-the-rings-journey-begins-members-club?tu=f-2niro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.