IMG_3090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4036 (resized).jpg
IMG_4034 (resized).jpg
IMG_3077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240331_163644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1907 Service bulletin noting lock down bar change Posted by Jarbyjibbo (6 years ago)

Post #4404 The Valinor Strategy Video Posted by CLEllison (4 years ago)

Post #5383 LOTR documentation for silicone rings and LEDs Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #9244 TECH:PLAYFIELD Opto Driver replacement board warning Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider days.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8637 1 year ago

Hello all you Lords out there!
Next friday i will turn into a Lord too!
Meanwhile i have some minor questions:
-What's the difference from the version from 2003 and 2009, i saw that there is two different versions but i can't find the differences.
-EDIT ( already found some photos on the forum, so it's almost like a bally / williams dot, i will just rent a bigger car ) EDIT Can someone show me a photo of the electronics in backbox, so i can see if is easy to remove the cables and unmount the backbox from the main box, to put it in my car, i do that with the new stern since there is not too much cables, but for the old bally / williams there is a bit too much cables to remove and i prefer to rent a car. EDIT

Thank you all in advance

#8641 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Question..why would you need to take the backbox off?? Is this a geo metro? Because folding the backbox down gives most cars plenty of headroom left. Forgive my curiosity, but you DO know these backboxes fold down over the main cabinet, right? Yeah, the old pins bolted in and needed to be taken off. But anything above ‘82 or around there, folded down.

Hello, because the height doesn't let me put all inside. I once tried with the backbox folded and doesn't fit by 3 cm
But when i take the
I have a small car, Citroen C3.

adrock , yes found it after posting , and i thought "draining" my message would delete it, but apparently you can see it

#8646 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Some undo the hinge bolts and then lay down the head and slide the head toward the lock bar a bit, since there is slack in the cables. That should save you 3cm, but I have not done it myself.

Hooooo this could work!!!!!!
thank you for the advise!
I will try sunday!
Thanks!

#8659 1 year ago

Hello, a question about the color DMD lcd, do i need to order this for my LOTR?
https://pu-parts.com/clear-display-shield
or does it need something else more?
Thanks

2 weeks later
#8712 1 year ago

i did some days ago, there is a bit less cables than a bally / williams from 95, still add tags to each cable, will be easy to match the cables , i did that and it took me around 15 minutes to take it off, and around 20 to 30 minutes to mount all again

#8716 1 year ago

.... solved

#8719 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Reversed ribbon cable?

Yes, it was that!
I thought i had deleted my post since i discovered that some minutes after posting. But apparently the "bin" doesn't delete the comment.

3 weeks later
#8795 1 year ago
Quoted from November:

Give a try on my modified wool mix, with a lot of real gandalf voice and new tracks.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1erNQooA4FqiwTs7JDHd91QYwM_iTrvEM/view?usp=sharing

whats the name of the file of the sound when the ball is ejected to the ramps , the horrendous " pew pew pew "
I need to modify that one! :p

#8797 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

So the available pinsound mixes are hit and miss, but does anyone have any regrets about getting the board for LOTR? (as in not as much value as you expected?)
And for anyone that has pinsound and color dmd on this game, which did you think had a bigger impact on your enjoyment of the game?
I'm focusing on sprucing up under the glass first on my newly aquired game, but I'm trying to decide what order to get these higher dollar purchases in:
(this is my current order)
pinsound
color dmd
invisiglass

With pinsound you can also custom your own sound set, you can mix things. For STNG someone did an impressive work and create an amazing sound set, for Indy the same, for totan there is nothing, so i changed myself some of the songs, specially the multiball and genie/skeleton boss battle that are a bit silly musics. For LOTR i just ordered my pinsound, for what already exist is already cool in my oppinion, but maybe i will change some and mix them. Pinsound is a tool to modify sound sets, it doesn't sell you a sound set

Color DMD is always an amazing mod for pinball machines, i have 4 and i don't regret at all.

1 month later
#8903 1 year ago
Quoted from jazc4:

Does anyone have or know where the Fire Ring mod is still available? 2Niro and MezelMods are both out. If not available, any guesses where to buy the halo light to attempt to make my own? I'd much rather buy a complete one, but it's too cool a mod not to have on LOTR.[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I think he made some more, i just bought him one week ago. Maybe he still have some in stock.
Indeed, his mods are the best mods for LOTR it's a must have. I bought him the 3 mods.

1 week later
#8946 1 year ago
Quoted from F-2NIRO:

I am surprised at these prices, I have always seen lower prices in France compared to the United States, at the moment, for a very nice standard lord, the prices are from 9500 to 11500€ .
these crazy prices are not just for lord but many other game.
indiana jones williams fetches outrageous prices too.

bought mine in France 7700 euros , playfield in perfect conditions, the outside decals with some minor marks, no mods, just full led.

But i saw some full mods at 10.500 euros and more

4 months later
#9473 1 year ago
Quoted from flipper73:

Does anyone know where I can buy this mod? unfortunately at Mezel it is not available. Thank you for your help!

as you live in Europe, is way better for you to buy it directly from the "Kreator", this one is from France!

https://www.2niro-pinball.com/category/pinball-mods/

it will avoid you some extra VAT and Shipping costs

2 months later
#9588 10 months ago

Help!
Hello fellowship, i need your help, I can't find where is the setup to add ball save time when you start the game. I never have ball save in the first seconds. Thanks

#9590 10 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

called "Freeze Time" in the menus.

Thank you sir!
Damn, first time I saw it called that "freeze time"
Funny fact, just happened this before you wrote

IMG_20230612_180439.jpgIMG_20230612_180439.jpgIMG_20230612_180505.jpgIMG_20230612_180505.jpg
1 week later
#9607 10 months ago

( solved)
Today i installed a pinsound on my lotr but... Maybe I made some error and the game doesn't start neither the color led dmd appears anything on the screen. I followed all the steps... But apparently something Is wrong. I also don't have any leds or general illumination working.
the pinsound make the startup sound and tells when I remove the USB pen. But apparently something is wrong.

Suggestions?

I add some photos, maybe you can see the error. Sorry for the spam, I will remove them after.

IMG_20230625_172922.jpgIMG_20230625_172922.jpgIMG_20230625_172949.jpgIMG_20230625_172949.jpg
#9608 10 months ago

I removed the ribbon cable that goes to the pinsound , changed sides, and it worked

1 week later
#9617 9 months ago
Quoted from jedi42:

Ever think of moving the batteries off the board or getting vram instead? Might save you a bundle of time and money later?

Indeed, i already changed the batteries, but am going to get vram
And also take off the light bulb and put leds.
Tons of things to change on my LOTR, and also today i got this apron
357671996_6421836657895108_6427009388786188047_n (resized).jpg357671996_6421836657895108_6427009388786188047_n (resized).jpg

From www.facebook.com/alessandro.cacciola.7

the yellow transparent parts will be lid by leds with flamming effect.

#9619 9 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Couldn't find it on that site but please share pics once installed!

It's not a video of mine, but you can see here one at work:
https://www.facebook.com/1119441662/videos/pcb.10222046350604027/1207389473271254
Btw, just saw i gave the wrong contact of the seller, i just corrected on the original post, the correct seller.
( seller's contact www.facebook.com/alessandro.cacciola.7 )

1 month later
#9650 8 months ago

When i turn on the pinball machine, often the led color dmd stays frozen on " LORD OF THE RINGS " intro letters , the game plays but the screen freezes, it's rare , but it happens maybe 1 time out of 15. Anyone have some clues of what it can be?

Also, when i turn on and i do the first game, the first player starts directly in one mission, only happens the first game when the machine is turn on and only for the first player
, does anyone know how to change it?

#9664 8 months ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Ooof. This is not gonna be fun. Pretty sure this machine had never had maintenance done before so figured I'd make it new and snappy again. The slingshot and flippers no big deal, but the mods I think are going to be a headache.
Anyone have any experience/words of wisdom about the mods? Been sitting on them for about 2 years now lol.
[quoted image]

I installed all the 2niro modes in less than 2 hours, was more like 1 hour than 2.
They are absolutely amazing mods, can't imagine to play the game without them.
They are quite easy to install, and am not a very "pro" on pinball machines, still the instructions are straight forward, and easy to do.

1 month later
#9756 6 months ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

back in the club!
[quoted image]

welcome back sir Cloud7 the white!

1 week later
#9760 6 months ago

Well, i already went to Valinor with a score of 310 Millions.

My highest score was today... 520 Millions, and was very stressful since i got the last gift of the elfs when destroyed the ring, and tought i could go after to Valinor, but.... noooooo... i needed to destroy the ring again... and was my last ball, hopefully was very easy to end all the 3 multiballs the last time ( destroyed the ring 4 times in total )

IMG_20231012_223329.jpgIMG_20231012_223329.jpg
2 weeks later
#9800 5 months ago

Am doing the best change that someone can ever do to the LOTR pin...

For that, you need a pinsound car, am sorry.
But for those who have it, here's where to find that b@st@rd ugly annoying sound, the worst sound on history of pinball!

Captura de ecrã 2023-11-01 171952 (resized).jpgCaptura de ecrã 2023-11-01 171952 (resized).jpg

No more pew pew pew when the ball is ejected from the gollum cave to the right ramp
Here to find it and swap it for something less irritating
( there is another file also called tripple hammer, it's the one that activates when you spell "ORC" do mistake the two, play the sound before you swap it )

You welcome!

#9807 5 months ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Uhhhm. No. The worst sound is the stupid pig “oink” from the left vuk. Hate that.

also not great indeed, i also swapped that one too, but i find the pew pew pew way more annoying

1 month later
#9907 4 months ago

#9908 4 months ago

#9909 4 months ago

Hello, the magnet of the ring is not working, neither the loop diverter. I everything else on my lotr is working.

I already checked the fuses and connection. Does anyone have a clue?

Also, when I left the left button pressed there is a sort of buzzing sound, the sound comes from near the button.
Thank you

#9911 4 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

The buzzing is normal afaik. Read the last few pages of this thread for someone else troubleshooting magnet. Will be a lot of things for you to try.

Haaa, thanks for the buzzing , i was not very sure.
For the magnet and loop diverter, i don't think they have a problem , since it happened at the same time, i imagine is something to do with a cable or fuse. but still i will check on the thread for the magnet to see
Merry christmas

#9921 3 months ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

checked with a meter or visually? magnets tend to blow fuses.

when i play, the loop diverter doesn't move, and when i send the ball to the ring ramp and a mission starts, the magnet ring doesn't work. both stop working at the same time, that's why i suspect it's something on the cables or fuses, but all fuses are working ( at least i think )

3 weeks later
#9953 89 days ago

Hello dear adventurers, i have my LOTR for more than one year ( and will never leave my game room , same for the Hobbit LE ), and i remark small detail, the game is a bit dark in terms of lights, i know there is solutions like pinstadiums, but i don't want to go that extreme, just wanted to know if there is some tips to make the playfield a bit more bright or something to add to make it with a bit more lights.
Thanks

#9956 89 days ago

Hooo, didin't knew it was on the pinned topics
Thank you very much.

Quoted from safaex:

I recommend putting up an extra spotlight or two if you feel the playfield is too dark. This one is from my game and it illuminates the center field greatly. I put a yellow led in it to keep the light extra warm. Looks great.
[quoted image]

it's a good idea, i will do it

#9977 82 days ago

I needed to share this with you

FB_IMG_1706824939129.jpgFB_IMG_1706824939129.jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 39.50
$ 12.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider days.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-lord-of-the-rings-journey-begins-members-club?tu=days and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.