Topic Stats

• 5,095 posts
  • 480 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 minutes ago by chubtoad13
  • Topic is favorited by 252 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,087 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191021_153523 (resized).jpg
20191009_122911 (resized).jpg
20191021_153723 (resized).jpg
63946 (resized).jpeg
63947 (resized).jpeg
484392FD-B3FD-4F03-8E4D-8A6CB1521A0D (resized).jpeg
IMG_2779[1] (resized).JPG
9EA34160-FB78-4DB6-8CF6-34340DD00BB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6411 (resized).jpg
lotr pf pic (resized).PNG
632F4269-8AAC-49F6-9631-FCF106A8303F (resized).jpeg
53A44720-DE16-4E60-9B4A-46A7670DEB22 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6522 (resized).jpg
IMG_6521 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191010_200436 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1907 Service bulletin noting lock down bar change Posted by Jarbyjibbo (2 years ago)

Post #4404 The Valinor Strategy Video Posted by CLEllison (4 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chubtoad13.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4383 4 months ago
Quoted from Zora:

I red somewhere that the flipperpower is reduced during DTR. That should reflect that Frodo was very exhausted at the time he reached the Vulcan.

Really? I would be very interested in whether or not that’s actually coded in. There is a papa video that shows the flippers getting weak on the last shot. I assumed the game was just over heating

2 months later
#4756 50 days ago

I don’t have a part number for you. It would surely be in the manual.

I would take the broken one to a hardware store. Even if they don’t have a Phillips head you can get a replacement that will work until you can find the exact one. It looks like 8/32 or 10/32 thread 2” long, stainless steel.

#4762 50 days ago

Does this game benefit from upgrading speakers and/or adding a sub?

So many people talk about the audio quality lacking for LOTR I wasn’t sure if it would make a difference.

#4767 49 days ago

I’ll be joining the club this weekend. I’m interested in the mod father sword mod. Those of you that have it on your game; can you still see the ball travel down the ramp? Also does it block the view of any other shots?
I like certain mods but I don’t want the gameplay to be affected negatively.

#4774 47 days ago

Joined the club last night with a beautiful HUO.
C4C48FC0-C75F-493A-885B-CD7FBC07293A (resized).jpeg

#4776 47 days ago
Quoted from auspin:

Nice machine, I got my LE NIB 6 weeks ago and have put 600 games on it lol! It's my first pin so been enjoying it way too much. Hope you enjoy yours!

Nice! That’s great you’re enjoying it so much. I’m sure you’ll have another game shortly. Just seems to work that way.
I can’t wait to dive into this one. I’m going in mostly blind. I’ve only played LOTR a couple dozen times. I’m trying not to spoil the fun of discovering the game by reading rule sheets or watching Bowen videos.

#4780 47 days ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

nice, enjoy it! is it unusual for a huo to have the tournament topper?

It is unusual for sure. The original owner had a massive collection, over 100 games. My guess is it was an option his distributor offered and the cost wasn’t a consideration.

#4785 45 days ago

I’ve had LOTR for a couple days now. I always enjoy the new game, but I’m enjoying this one more than usual. It’s easy to see why so many people love it. The modes, Fellowship MB, and DTR are so much fun. I don’t know the rules to the other 2 MBs yet. Right now they both seem like shoot everything MBs, with some bonus for combos? I’ll dig into them soon.
It’s also easy to see why people don't like it in group situations. My wife and I were playing last night and after 2 games she decided we should alternate single player games.
Anyway, I am glad I’m in the club. Most of my games have extremely short ball times. LOTR provides a nice balance in my collection.

#4791 44 days ago
Quoted from Ozzy:

Have a question for all the lotr owners. Recently looked at an all original lotr. Low plays, never been shopped, original rubbers, no leds, glass is bad (large deep , long scratches. Whats the value of this? Fair offer etc etc. Thanks for everyones time

Quoted from AUKraut:

Around $4.5-5K unshopped, $5500 shopped and gone over is what I see for one like that on here and FB Marketplace...

Thy sounds about right. Keep in mind that if you upgrade to LEDs, they flicker like crazy on this era stern. An LED ocd board is a must imo.

#4796 42 days ago

Are other/all modes and multiballs progressive like Fellowship MB?

Meaning, do you start from the beginning on second attempts or do you start where you left off the second time you play each?

#4798 42 days ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The Two Towers multiball starts off where you left off. The ROTK multiball saves the last completed set of 4 shots but does not save partially completed sets.

Thanks!

Do you know if any of the modes continue after There and Back Again?

#4804 42 days ago
Quoted from Lazar:

Does anyone have a reliable fix for pinballs not settling into the Barad-dur saucer? Mine pops out if hit with any speed at all and it leads to frustration. I’ve heard about putting in foam, but where would this go? Thanks in advance for the help

Before adding foam; what pitch is your game at? I would try making it a bit steeper to see if that makes a difference. If that doesn’t change anything make sure there isn’t something that is causing the bounce back. The coil assembly might not be seated correctly or a guide could need adjustment etc

#4807 42 days ago
Quoted from Lazar:

Thanks for sharing your experience with fixing the Barad-dur saucer. I have the pitch at 6.5, are you running greater?

Mine is about 6.5 as well. I was just throwing out ideas. I personally haven’t experienced any issues with that shot. Maybe a picture would help show what’s wrong?

#4816 41 days ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Just received an amazing topper courtesy of Dan at Tilttopper and the new palantir mod from Frank (AUKraut). Really sets the game off...
This one is everything it's cracked up to be - awesome game I love it.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That topper looks great! It’s very tempting. It’s too easy to spend a LOT of money in mods on this game.

#4836 37 days ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Here's an idea. Other than a certain powder coat the only thing I'm aware of that will glow blue under a black light is quinine. If a person can get their hands on it (it is a prescription drug) you could either grind it into powder and mix it into clear coat and paint the blade or after rattle canning clear coat onto the blade you dust the blade. Now that would be cool as hell.

You can buy Quinine on Amazon or you could evaporate a lot of tonic water and get it that way...

What is the application? If it’s for a glowing blade topper, or something similar, blue LEDs would be the way to go.

48B9C539-34F9-47AD-9806-DF893FD7B990 (resized).jpeg
#4845 35 days ago
Quoted from insx:

26, perhaps?
[quoted image]

I believe the setting was in the LOTR adjustments, not standard. It’s volume effect or something like that.

#4859 32 days ago

I’m having an intermittent issue with the ball lock mech on the sword ramp. Sometimes it goes down and back up before it releases a ball. It doesn’t always happen but when it does it seems to be when there are 3 balls in the lock. Is this a common problem?
Everything looks clean. The spring is seated correctly. Any help or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

#4861 32 days ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Magnetized balls

Really? I’ll give it a try and report back shortly. That makes sense that they would hold onto each other a little bit.

#4862 32 days ago

I took the balls out and they were indeed magnetized. So far so good. Thanks lotr_breath

#4879 31 days ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Does anybody else have an issue with the VUK from Orthanc hitting in between these two posts on POTD?
[quoted image]
It happens maybe...40-50% of the time and makes a loud WHACK on the wood instead of hitting the soft rubber...M

Mine does the same too. I was thinking about trying a larger rubber. But like deegor said, there doesn’t appear to be any damage

#4893 25 days ago

I’m looking for some cool rules cards. I can’t find much that I like for this game. Anyone have one that isn’t on pinball rebel or pinballcards.com?

#4901 24 days ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Having issues with making the ring shot. It just doesn't seem to have the juice or the spinner is slowing it down.
I've adjusted the spinner so it leans towards the back of the games bit, but still having lots of shots that just go 3/4 up the ramp and roll back down.
This is the second LOTR that I have owned and the previous one definitely shot better than this.
Any suggestions?

Just the basics. Have you rebuilt the flippers? Are you using upgraded coils?

#4912 23 days ago
Quoted from red-line:

I installed the speaker light kit w acrylics tonight, and it looks amazing. I have a question about ground strap placement. It was originally speaker panel -- grill -- ground strap -- speaker. Now it is speaker panel -- acrylic -- led box -- grill -- ground strap -- speaker. Is the ground strap ok there?
I also had one of my best games ever. I beat 5 modes including witch-king, beat 2 towers, and collected all 6 gifts. I wasn't close at all on fellowship multiball, which is the hardest for me.[quoted image]

Just ordered the light kit. I’ve been thinking about it for a while. The acrylic looks great with the gold background! Can’t wait to install it.

#4955 17 days ago

The screw came loose. Makes me think I should put some loctite on mine

Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

Can anybody on here make me a overlay sticker that goes right in front of balrog? My screw came loose in balrog and scratched the playfield.

[quoted image]

#4976 14 days ago
Quoted from lhammer610:

Epic fail on a LED conversion. It is too bright. I figure I now have to splurge on an LCD OCD to make the transitions smoother, but many of the lights are still too bright. Problem areas include:
*The green lamps on the Paths of the Dead - switch back to green incandescents?
*The clear inserts in the semi-circle in front of the flippers - go to a yellow color?
*The yellow flashers up front - back to incandescent
*The wired flexible LED behind the acrylic globe - I will put a standard red LED in there.
*The one GI below the left wire ramp - that really should have a plastic covering it - remove it altogether? - Make a plastic for it? - would have to fit the plastic around the screw / wire holder to that ramp.
*I put in white LEDs on the ring in the back panel. They are slightly annoying. Might have to change them to orange?
What have others seen?
The LEDs are single SMDs from Pinball Life. I think they have changed LEDs recently, maybe gone from 3528 to 5050?

I believe you can change the brightness of individual lights with the led ocd board as well as making all the transitions smooth

#5008 10 days ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

So my magnet in the ring where you start a mode, grabs the ball and holds it fine. However, when the ball is supposed to be sucked in and around, down the metal rail, it often doesn’t go, it just falls to the Playfield? Any idea what could be wrong?

Just guessing, but maybe the pitch is too high?

1 week later
#5083 9 hours ago
Quoted from MSLONEKER:

Just got the game. One shot away from destroying the ring. Quick question about the call outs. In all the times I have played it, which quick frankly I'm getting nothing done around the house, I have not heard Frodo say, "I will take the ring to Mordor although I do not know the way" I assume he says this when you acquire him for fotr. Is this a pinsound mod.

What version are you running?
You are correct, that call out happens when you collect him for FOTR.

#5095 21 minutes ago
Quoted from MSLONEKER:

In what menu is this. I ran through them all and did not see any setting for long or quick boot.

If you cannot find the info there, you can look at the ram chip. The version should be written on it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, CO

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chubtoad13.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside