IMG_3090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4036 (resized).jpg
IMG_4034 (resized).jpg
IMG_3077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240331_163644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1907 Service bulletin noting lock down bar change Posted by Jarbyjibbo (6 years ago)

Post #4404 The Valinor Strategy Video Posted by CLEllison (4 years ago)

Post #5383 LOTR documentation for silicone rings and LEDs Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #9244 TECH:PLAYFIELD Opto Driver replacement board warning Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beaglepuss.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#884 7 years ago
Quoted from lb1:

You likely need to adjust the switch that registers the horizontal position of Balrog. You can do this without taking out the whole assembly.

When you say adjust, what exactly do you mean? I'm having similar issues with my Balrog at the moment and would love to get it sorted.

2 weeks later
#938 7 years ago

I'm almost 100% done with my LOTR restoration, but I'm in need of the three screws that connect Balrog with the bushing.

According to the manual, I need these (currently out of stock at Marco):
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/237-5976-02

Marco's site mentions these as a possible replacement in the description:
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/4006-01113-06

My question to you savvy folks is, will these replacements do the trick? If not, can someone point me in the right direction for the appropriate replacement?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

#940 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The replacements should work fine (cheaper at pinballlife):
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2843

You are the man!

I have some other things to order through Pinball life regardless, so this works out nicely.

1 month later
#974 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Just because there was no diverter from factory does not mean anything. It could be ignorance believing this was an intentional part of design. There is a screw on bottom left side of POTD that may have been intended to push the ball into the habittrail. Look at the picture of the Shire and how it is designed with a mystery insert and a target for hitting from the flippers. It seems clear as day to me.

The player is awarded bonus souls if the ball is not diverted to the habitrail and falls directly into the Shire from the POTD. This is clearly intentionally coded, and I can't see any legitimate argument against it.

The target in the Shire is indeed designed to be hit by the flippers and register the mystery award, but that's also why the mystery award is disabled as soon as the ball travels up to the POTD. It allows the Shire to serve a dual purpose.

I'm all for the addition of a diverter if that's what floats your boat, but it was absolutely NOT intended to be diverted every time.

#980 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Ok this is what I was having difficulty with. I believed that the Shire shot was strictly for hitting from the flippers. I will concede because of the scoring matrix in pre-determined coding but I still am avid that this is a "poor design" or a flaw and I really cant see Gomez intentionally having the pinball cascade down onto a thin decorative plastic and then into a VUK hole. I remember when I first saw LOTR in action and thought to myself that the drop off POTD into the Shire was retarded and it really made me cringe. It actually was the reason I held off for three years before I purchased a LOTR. Also in regards to the pinball news write up I have never seen the ball return to the main playfield from POTD, they did the review in 2003 right after release and may have been mistaken? I still would love to hear from Gomez and his true intentions for design. I am not trying to be all high and mighty and pretend I know more than the design team-this is just my opinion. I think it is a bad design (flaw) and instead of having to replace or protect arwen plastic, add a cliffy to Shire, and also a protective sticker, why not just save the Shire and use a diverter. The great thing about pinside is we can have a conversation and agree to disagree. I think the drop off is clunky as hell and I would rather get less soul counts and have the machine flow better. Sorry but it just does not make sense to me.

I'm not sure I understand the "agree to disagree" part of your post. No one has really weighed in on whether it's a good design or not, which would indeed be subjective. People were suggesting that the design was intentional, which is objective.

While I agree that the design is not ideal given the beat-up nature of the Shire in routed games, I completely disagree with there being any doubt as to it's intended purpose. The drop is intentional, and it's not something that can really be debated. The functionality of the design could certainly be though, but that's not what we've been talking about.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.50
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

€ 7.50
$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 25.00
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beaglepuss.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-lord-of-the-rings-journey-begins-members-club?tu=beaglepuss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.