IMG_3090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4036 (resized).jpg
IMG_4034 (resized).jpg
IMG_3077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240331_163644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1907 Service bulletin noting lock down bar change Posted by Jarbyjibbo (6 years ago)

Post #4404 The Valinor Strategy Video Posted by CLEllison (4 years ago)

Post #5383 LOTR documentation for silicone rings and LEDs Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #9244 TECH:PLAYFIELD Opto Driver replacement board warning Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider avidpinplayer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5536 4 years ago

I apologize in advance if this question has been asked before. I would like to upgrade my LOTR DMD to a color DMD; however, this upgrade requires a ROM chip 10.0. I have the original ROM of 4.0 (2003) so it won't work. In order to upgrade to ROM 10.0 is there anything else I also need to upgrade, like a higher chip for the sound board or anything like that, or would the main ROM 10.0 is the only thing I would need to upgrade? Also, where can I get the upgrade chip(s). Marco, Pinball Life???

#5538 4 years ago

Thanks, I'll do all your suggestions.

2 months later
#5817 4 years ago

Question: I have an original 2003 LOTR pinball machine. It has the original chip. I've been wanting to add a color DMD, but the color DMD web site states that the minimum requirement for a color dmd is the A10.00 version. Is it too difficult for an inexperience person to convert to the upgraded software, or is it just a "plug & play" matter?

#5836 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

It's not; just read all the instruction before you start to become familiar with the process.

Stern Service Bulletin 150 - Insertion/Replacement of EPROMS in SPI Pinball Games:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NabNUgq-ZK3Pj6nV-Z0MmGt1Ai1CxUoF

Thank you so much. It seems relatively simple so I'll venture it.

#5853 4 years ago

So I'm upgrading to V A10.0 from V 4.0 (2003) because I want to install a color dmd and it requires V A10.0. Besides being able to add a color dmd, are there any other advantages , improvements, or enhanced game play between the old V 4.0 and the new V A10.00?

#5854 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

This may sound stupid but have you looked at the orientation of yours now and compared it to other under the PF shots at that insert to see if the wires are in the same spot? Just a thought that someone might have removed it once for cleaning etc, and put it back in a different rotation then it was originally if that's possibly. I do believe that LED board is a square mount so anything is possible.

Actually, I have three different LED lights ... red, white, and blue. Can't go wrong telling which ring(s) is lit.

1 week later
#5914 3 years ago

As stated before upgraded to version A10.0 and subsequently installed the color dmd. It is the best modification for this pin. It makes a great pin even better. Recommend that anyone considering a color dmd go for it. You won't regret it. BTW, this is not a paid advertisement

1 week later
#6068 3 years ago

Question reference the ring magnet. Has anyone experienced the ball falling forward instead of being pulled back through the magnet? Lately, 9 out of 10 balls that are shot into the ring fall forward instead of going backward through the wire ramp. Is this an adjustment of the magnet or switch, or could the magnet have lost power? Any insights?

#6086 3 years ago
Quoted from MSLONEKER:

i want to run this by you all. Gimili switch is not registering on the switch test. i checked the connections and discover there was no diode on the switch. I looked around just below the switch and found a broken off diode. I grabbed a fresh diode and soldered onto the switch and rechecked. Still the switch did not register. So i started to remove the switch to put a new one in. Holy crap!!! Has anyone replaced this switch. Im thinking i am going to have to take off the entire Upkick bracket to get the switch out of there. what a pain in the rear. Anyone??? Am i right or is there a trick to this.

I had the same problem. Took the five screws out and found that it was the lever of the microswitch that had come loose and it would not depress the switch correctly. I tighten the little screws that hold the micro switch to the assembly and that centered and tighten the lever. It now works great. a five minute operation well worth it.

2 years later
#8282 1 year ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Joining the club soon! Stern dindt bring out an topper? If not, which one is the nicest?

Tilt Topper has awesome toppers. I bought this one from them...

IMG_2397 (resized).jpegIMG_2397 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.95
€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 25.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider avidpinplayer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-lord-of-the-rings-journey-begins-members-club?tu=avidpinplayer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.