IMG_3090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4036 (resized).jpg
IMG_4034 (resized).jpg
IMG_3077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240331_163644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1907 Service bulletin noting lock down bar change Posted by Jarbyjibbo (6 years ago)

Post #4404 The Valinor Strategy Video Posted by CLEllison (4 years ago)

Post #5383 LOTR documentation for silicone rings and LEDs Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #9244 TECH:PLAYFIELD Opto Driver replacement board warning Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider WildRover.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2796 5 years ago

Quick opinion - been heavily looking for a LOTR table for months:

Does a HUO shipped for $6100 sound like a tasty deal or should I hold out?

#2804 5 years ago

I appreciate the feedback! I own a great condition Star Trek Pro but want to add a deep game to compliment, either LOTR or TSPP...but as you said, the prices keep going up on these.

I haven't played enough LOTR to 100% pick it over TSPP yet, but I am a die hard Tolkein fan that makes custom Middle Earth wooden maps on the side...feels like I have to

#2808 5 years ago

Again, thank you! As a teen I mainly played TAF and TZ religiously at the bowling alley so I partially love stop and go "aim" machines (which is making me consider TSPP).

Is LOTR too similar to a Steve Richie game in the opposite of a stop and go sense or does it have a little bit of both? Star Trek is my adrenaline/fast ramp game, need my aimer along side her. Wish there was only love for one of the two, or they were only like ten bucks.

#2823 5 years ago
Quoted from FlipsMcgee:

Kinda random, but I started looking around for some figures and came across this. Perfect fit imo. Sorry random Urukhai guarding Mordor...

What Sauron toy-line is that from? Looks great!

1 week later
#2892 5 years ago

Hey everyone. My initial deal fell through so I am very much in the market for a LOTR table. If anyone has any leads or know anyone, I’d highly appreciate the tip! PM me please.

I’m located in WI but willing to pay shipping.

Thanks!

2 weeks later
#3024 5 years ago

HEYO - finally got my LOTR last night!

I want to update to the latest rom. Can someone help point me in the right direction of whats all needed and possibly where to get the stuff?

3 years later
#7251 2 years ago

Concerning the Path of the Dead Mod - I just got my figures and will probably buy the raiser acrylic from RGP Model....but i need help building the rest.

Anyone know what size posts/screws I need to extend it or any suggestions on bulbs/wiring harnesses? All the mounting kits are sold out otherwise I'd buy the kits (excluding the figures)

Any help is much appreciated!

#7253 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Curious, where did you buy them and for how much ?
They are damn expensive in Europe for what they are

Ebay. There are a couple up right now between $50-$60 USD. I made an offer on a set and got it around $35. Good luck!:

ebay.com link: sch

2 weeks later
#7288 2 years ago

I wish there was some sort of voice call out to let me know how many souls I'm collecting....

#7293 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Do you mean the total you’ve collected so far? So you don’t have to look up and see it on the DMD?

Sorry, it was sarcasm. My way of saying "I get it Gimli, 500 more!"

1 week later
#7322 2 years ago

I have flippers that get slightly weak after 10-20 minute games where they can't quite reach the ring hole during Destroy the Ring. Terry at Pinballife says (in order from most to least) these are the most effective remedies:

1 - Replace the cabinet flipper switches
2 - Rebuild the flippers
3 - Replace the coil with the stronger LOTR coil.

Any consensus here with those that have dealt with it personally?

#7325 2 years ago

Are these the flippers you guys are referring to?:

ebay.com link: itm

1 week later
#7342 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

There's a dude that makes a small wireform that matches the ramps that goes over the top in that section. Most elegant solution IMO.

I reached out to him last week, he doesn't make them anymore unfortch

#7346 2 years ago
Quoted from attyrhodes:

Does anyone have good replacement options for the vertical plastic that prevents balls dropping from the POTD, over the shire, and into the outlane? Mine is cracked.

I use this one to guide the ball to the ramp instead of the Shire: https://pinbits2.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=464

#7364 2 years ago

Speaking of, just listed this. Its my favorite game, just time for a change.

SOLD!
Machine - For Trade
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “Looking to sell or trade my HUO LOTR. I'm the third owner. Its in excellent condition with a lot of extras, just looking to change things up: - Mirror blades - Path of the dead mo...”
2021-07-17
Eau Claire, WI
Trade
Archived after: 6 days
Viewed: 1218 times
Contributed to Pinside

8 months later
#8174 2 years ago

Just tossing it out there, if anyone is looking to sell... I'm willing to pay good money for a nice condition (LE or regular) LOTR shipped or local!

Machine - Wanted
Wanted! - “Looking for a good condition LOTR (regular or LE). Looking to pay in the $8-10k range (for regular) depending on condition. Willing to cover shipping. Please only message me if y...”
2022-04-10
Eau Claire, WI
Wanted
Archived after: 18 days
Viewed: 127 times

#8176 2 years ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

Just got my LOTR back together and noticed the right flipper seems to flutter at times when the button is pressed. I just rebuilt both flippers so I'm looking for a direction on what to check next. Thanks
Update - I adjusted the leaf switch so it's about 1/16" closer when off and that seemed to work for now. It could've been too far apart when open so when it closed there wasn't enough pressure to maintain a good connection. Of course I should've tried this before posting.

Yeah, on my last one I had the exact issue...and the exact same resolution

2 weeks later
#8213 1 year ago

Looking for some medium strength LOTR coils. If anyone has any extra, please let me know.

#8215 1 year ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Have you emailed APB and asked them directly?

I did via ebay about a week ago but haven't heard back.

#8227 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

I emailed probably two months ago, haven’t heard anything.

Andrew from ABP (with the medium powered LOTR coils) just responded to me on ebay saying he'll probably have some back when things slow down in about a week.

I'm appreciative of the fact that he got back to me and we'll have access to some coils soon

3 months later
#8654 1 year ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

Here are a few more pics, needs cleaned and all new rubbers of course. I had to drill the lock out last night as the owner didn't know where the key was. I don't think they ever even had the playfield up on it. Said 1,000 plays & had original batteries that I took out, thank god no acid damage,
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great! Leave the incandescent lights I've had them with LED ng, LED w/LED OCD, and I still think incandescents look best. Enjoy the incredible game.

1 week later
#8670 1 year ago

Does anyone have any warm white LED suggestions that ACTUALLY look like incandescents?...temperature/color wise.

I currently have an LED OCD but incandescents still have a better color in my opinion. These aren't cointaker frosted warm whites though...

#8677 1 year ago

Yeah can someone else confirm if the upgraded fuse is a 4 or 5? The manual states 4amp. I have a 4amp in mine (recently replaced because it was blown) and often times it won't 'suck' the ball back and just dribbles it. Wondering if a 5 amp fuse would solve that...

#8684 1 year ago

Anyone interested in this LOTR Topper? $190 + shipping. PM me
IMG_4029 (resized).jpgIMG_4029 (resized).jpgIMG_4030 (resized).jpgIMG_4030 (resized).jpg

#8688 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

just look at the fuse matrix, in the manual, and it should tell you what's stock...I'd take my backglass off, but just had neck surgery. Or just search online..it's somewhere here on pinside.

Neck surgery...geez man I hope everything went well! That just sounds scary...

#8692 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I’m Terminated! My neck was screwed (not literally) before. This second surgery should mostly do the trick! The pain!!
[quoted image][quoted image]

HOLY COW. Man you are a machine! Here's to hoping for a smooth recovery.

6 months later
#9388 1 year ago
Quoted from Turtlepower169:

Yep. Pictures don't do it justice. [quoted image]

Wowsers me likey. Where did you get it done?

#9393 1 year ago
Quoted from DarthPaul:

Just a question for everyone who has Pinsound in their machine. If I get the Neo or the Plus, I'm still going to need to buy the 2.1 stereo harness, correct?

Yes, but I just wired mine manually. Its a cheap enough harness but if you have some speaker wire laying around its a pretty simple DIY.

1 week later
#9433 1 year ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Planning to replace the center ramp.
Does anyone know what is required to take out and replace the ramp?

TLDR: Its very easy. The only annoying part is getting the spinner out/back in otherwise its much less painful than other ramps.

#9443 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

Getting close…not sure what will feel more like Valinor: fully clearing the PF & polishing or securing the last fastener on reassembly
[quoted image]

Nice! Are you clear coating it with the bottom of the playfield still intact or are you removing all that as well? I'm curious about the process...

#9445 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

Just doing a top teardown so I can clean and polish the PF. I'm hoping polishing it gets the entire PF looking similar to how vibrant the areas where the ball can't roll look. Underside, probably just cleaning, resleeving, and replacing any broken parts on any coil-driven mechs. Probably should get an ultrasonic cleaner and do all of the wire looms, etc, but have to stretch my comfort zone one shop job at a time.

Cool. Is it possible to re-clear the top of a playfield without removing all the bottom stuff? I'm a noob in this arena so I appreciate any thoughts.

EDIT: AHhh you meant 'clearing' as in clearing it of stuff not "clear-coating".

2 weeks later
#9484 1 year ago

If anyone wants a legit HUO under 100 plays phenomenal condition LOTR (stock no mods) pm me.

11 months later
#10172 20 days ago

Parts - Wanted
Wanted! - “Looking for a NOS or as close to that as possible Lord of the Rings playfield. I'd be down for either a standard or LE version. Let me know what you got!”
2024-04-05
Eau Claire, WI
Wanted
Archived after: 11 days
Viewed: 137 times

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.50
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider WildRover.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-lord-of-the-rings-journey-begins-members-club?tu=WildRover and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.