IMG_3090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4036 (resized).jpg
IMG_4034 (resized).jpg
IMG_3077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240331_163644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1907 Service bulletin noting lock down bar change Posted by Jarbyjibbo (6 years ago)

Post #4404 The Valinor Strategy Video Posted by CLEllison (4 years ago)

Post #5383 LOTR documentation for silicone rings and LEDs Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #9244 TECH:PLAYFIELD Opto Driver replacement board warning Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Waxx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3425 5 years ago

Budman I somehow get sucked into this debate frequently. While anything is possible there are many barriers to entry for making a LotR vault: licensing (huge hurdle), BOM, Whitestar, and demand. The cost of licensing, materials, and then converting it from Whitestar to something else would be very high. They would have to release it as a DMD unless they paid for assets or do all new animations for an LCD (or do a CGC with LCD doing original animations emulated).

It seems daunting at a minimum. I finally decided to buy an original when I figured out I could buy a HUO original for at minimum $2k less than a VE if they ever could even make one.

Lastly, why? They can just make a new movie pin with art and no toys for a fraction of the cost without retraining the assembly line to build something that isn’t Spike 2 with no toys.

7 months later
#4446 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Pulled the trigger on full LED conversion. Installed the LEDOCD and the Gizmo board. After installing the Gizmo board I had several lights stop working. I tried jumper settings and to no avail. Pulled it off and lights working again /shrug. Anyway trying to not make this a clown puke mess I used green, red, yellow and white. Creating contrast best I could. The difference in being able to see the ball is astounding. Literally had the best game ever. Collected 10... yes 10 gifts, dtr beaten twice, beat TT and beat FOTR once. Freaking could NOT beat ROTK. Let TABA time out. 3 attempts to beat ROTK. End of game. I ran into a code bug after getting past collecting all the gifts. When you collect the "7th" gift all gift lights stay lit so you have no idea what you're given (which sucks because you cant smack sam around to change it). After I lost the ball then the gifts reset to normal. /shrug
Here's the list of what I used for LEDs.
I had way too many white 555s so you can drop that to maybe 75? Left 906 bulbs as incandescents.
Comet pinball is the source (cheaper than their kit). All standard LED type and LEDOCD board (ordered from Herg)
100 white 555 (super bright clear natural white)
6 green 555 (frosted)
7 green bayonet (clear)
12 yellow bayonet (clear)
10 red bayonet (clear)
20 white bayonet (clear)[quoted image]

LEDOCD has been on my mind for a while similar to Pinsound but just haven't pulled the trigger.

#4448 4 years ago

I've got a weird one that happens sometimes if anyone has any suggestions:

If I lock a ball and then start a mode the lock will release the ball there and the ball from the ring for an unintended 2 ball multiball. Then you are always off a ball then when you start Multiball it will be short balls. I can't figure out what's happening because all the mechanisms seem to be working perfectly.

Any ideas?

Edit: I figured out by taking it apart and running the test over and over that it’s the plunger spacing from the bracket so the coil can’t grab it. I’ve got it consistently firing now but in case this happens to someone else just space the plunger lower into the coil.

#4471 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

If you LEDs the game, LEDOCD the game as well. This isn’t something that needs a lot of thought. LEDs suck without it, and with it, they are beautiful. Even cheap LEDs will look good.
As for PinSound, the news isn’t as good. I bought a few PinSound boards, and I LOVE them in 90s games like BSD and Getaway. But I just didn’t like it in LOTR. Now I realize a huge part of that is how much I like the normal calls of LOTR, and I’ve owned the game twice. Something different felt odd. So I ended up pulling it out of LOTR. Just one guys opinion.

Thanks, I might start with a GI OCD in JM because it’s just such a big deal in that game. If it goes well probably get back to the OCD in LotR.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Waxx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-lord-of-the-rings-journey-begins-members-club?tu=Waxx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.