FB_IMG_1706824939129.jpg
lotr switch matrix (resized).jpg
lotr (resized).jpg
instruction card 2 (resized).png
instruction card 1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1907 Service bulletin noting lock down bar change Posted by Jarbyjibbo (6 years ago)

Post #4404 The Valinor Strategy Video Posted by CLEllison (4 years ago)

Post #5383 LOTR documentation for silicone rings and LEDs Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #9244 TECH:PLAYFIELD Opto Driver replacement board warning Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ThePhysicsGuy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6868 2 years ago

Hi Everyone!

I’m 6 months into my LOTR experience – my 2nd machine ever – pretty happy! Something I’ve wanted for years….

However, my machine was definitely routed (I even didn’t get a coin tray or backglass lock + locking plate) and has some very funky issues that I’d love some feedback/info on:

(1)
My Aragon ramp (right ramp) looks to be assembled wrong: The ball has to jump up at the end of the ramp in order to make it on to the sword. It would make sense for the sword to be below the on-ramp so that the ball does not need more energy to jump up (or get scratched up more on the unpolished sword edge). Attached are some pics of what’s going on in my machine, as well as the pic from the manual, which really doesn’t help. Can anyone share pics of their setup – specifically how the fixation(s) work? (rivets, screws, nuts, etc?)

(2)
My Balrog has holes drilled in it (near the head) and my lights shine white through them – is this normal? >_<

(3)
Does anyone have a good solution for drooping acrylic supports – specifically the acrylic supporting my Ring Wraith at the top of the sword ramp is sagging and can sometimes capture the ball between the acrylic and sword. (If anyone has patterns for supports, I’d love a copy of the designs as I can laser cut acrylic.)

(4)
Anyone come up with a good solution to the issue where the ball properly falls from the paths of the dead onto the metal ramp, then bounces back out directly into the hobbit hole? The ball DOES totally miss the typical impact spot of the acrylic below the POTD, thankfully.

(5)
I rebuilt the flippers and mistakenly reversed a coil – blew a fuse and I’m betting the FET (transistor) is blown as it is shorted to ground. Already have a replacement and planning to solder it in shortly - anyone else have advice as to what to proactively check after reversing a coil?

(6)
Anyone have a design/drawing for just the dimensions of a pinblade? I want to laser-cut a thin clear acrylic protector so that I do not cause further damage to the inside of my cab.

Thanks for reading this far! ^_^

Sharing some love: I did find/buy some of the rarer switches for the Gimli VUK and Hobbit holes – the switch actuator (the part hat actually presses the switch) is the flat style and works well with your original “Y” lever metal. https://www.tedss.com/catalog/details/2027002369 (Tedss dot com - part # E63-00H) I do have a few spares I could send out. ^_^

Thanks again,
A happy EE who blows stuff up on stage for a living...

20210206_220253_resized_1 (resized).jpg20210206_220253_resized_1 (resized).jpglotr_manual_pic (resized).jpglotr_manual_pic (resized).jpg20210206_220222_resized (resized).jpg20210206_220222_resized (resized).jpg20210206_220320_resized (resized).jpg20210206_220320_resized (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ThePhysicsGuy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-lord-of-the-rings-journey-begins-members-club?tu=ThePhysicsGuy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.