IMG_3090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4036 (resized).jpg
IMG_4034 (resized).jpg
IMG_3077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240331_163644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1907 Service bulletin noting lock down bar change Posted by Jarbyjibbo (6 years ago)

Post #4404 The Valinor Strategy Video Posted by CLEllison (4 years ago)

Post #5383 LOTR documentation for silicone rings and LEDs Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #9244 TECH:PLAYFIELD Opto Driver replacement board warning Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Robotronx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#918 7 years ago

I have a chance to pick up a LOTR. I want to make sure I am not paying too much, I am out of the loop on what one goes for these days. The game is a little dirty with no mods or leds. The owner says its HUO but there is a little flipper button ware that have been covered with ugly black proctors so I am wondering if that's true. The game works as it should. The seller is keeping the translite(it has some of the actors autographs on it). Looks like 4500 will bring it home and I will need to pick up a translite.
Is 4500 fair?
Does anyone have a translite for sale? It will look funny with my 3D TRON one in there

Resized_Resized_20160719_213510_resized_(resized).jpegResized_Resized_20160719_213510_resized_(resized).jpeg

Resized_Resized_20160719_213445_resized_(resized).jpegResized_Resized_20160719_213445_resized_(resized).jpeg

#929 7 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Can't really tell much from those photos, other than it is in a sketchy basement or garage. Why would they want to keep the autographed translite? Do they have a nicer LotR to move it to? Ask them how much extra for it.
Look it over closely with good lighting and note everything that is not in good condition everywhere on the cab, everywhere on the playfield, in the back box, and inside the cab. Play more than one game to get a feel for any and all operation issues. (gives you a chance to chat with the seller) $4500 is good for a HUO LotR, but things are often not as described.

Hey says hes a big LOTRs fan and wants to frame the translite, I would rather have one with out the autographs anyway.
I am going to look at it this after noon so we will see how it goes.

Quoted from Razorbak86:I have a spare translite (used) that I can sell. If you decide to buy that machine, I'm sure we can work out a reasonable price.

Thank you, I may be hitting you up for it soon.

Quoted from pinnyheadhead:Looks like a translite is $149 so you are actually paying $4650. How many HUO games have flipper wear and then someone put flipper wear protectors on it to stop the wear from getting worse? Pretty black and worn flipper rubbers on it. I know people say that means nothing, but HUO games I buy look better than this LOTR.
I paid $5600 for a huo one with ledocd, led lights, color dmd, the staff light, jays mod, topper and some other minor mods. It had zero flipper wear also.
You have a nice collection of games. I would pay more for a better game with some mods or a better looking one. Lotr is a good value game for how good it is compared to a lot of Premium and LE's out there that cost a lot more, so you think you are overpaying for one, but you are getting it at a fair price compared to other games lower tanked with a lot less going on on the play field. Just me though.

If its really bad I am out, but if it just needs to be cleaned up I will be happy with that. I like cleaning up and machine and doing mods myself. I had a LOTR a few years ago and let it go; I was new to pinball and did not know what I had. This will be a game I keep for a long time so I will be thinking about what you said, would not want to regret having a junkie one.

The games I have are fast and tend to have shorter games so I think a longer playing LOTR will fit in really nice.
Thanks you for everyone's input and I will report back.

#937 7 years ago
Quoted from multibrawlr:

Remember to keep your eyes peeled as some LOTR machines have poor color registration, where oftentimes the playfield is some off-color tone like yellow. Can't tell in the picture but just something to watch out for.
Later run games also have the figure of Gandalf the Gray on the playfield instead of the rarer Gandalf the White on Shadowfax. Minor difference but worth mentioning.
Can't tell much in the picture, but also watch out for any wear on the three scoops. Arwen plastic that the ball bounces on when exiting the Paths of the Dead can sometimes be damaged, too.
Good luck! Great game nonetheless.

Hey so Arwen has a small crack in it and the yellows look really good. The Gandalf is the gray one and I at some point switch it out.

The game really looked better in person, needs a good cleaning and fresh rubbers but other then that it's nice. There does not appear to be much button ware underneath the black protectors. The seller is keeping the Translite glass and all. A friend had it autographed at com-con. I got the price down some more and going to pick it up today.
Thanks everyone

3 weeks later
#955 7 years ago
Quoted from Robotronx:

Hey so Arwen has a small crack in it and the yellows look really good. The Gandalf is the gray one and I at some point switch it out.
The game really looked better in person, needs a good cleaning and fresh rubbers but other then that it's nice. There does not appear to be much button ware underneath the black protectors. The seller is keeping the Translite glass and all. A friend had it autographed at com-con. I got the price down some more and going to pick it up today.
Thanks everyone

I finally picked up this game LOTR!
It had a little flipper button ware but I picked up some rails to cover it up and protect it.
Thanks to everyone for the advice
Big THANK YOU to Razorbak86 who I picked up this translite from.
The game plays great with no issues. It does need a good cleaning and I will be working on that along with replacing the rubbers and installing LEDs in the GI only this weekend.
It has the upgraded flipper coils and they seem too strong at times. The ball likes to fly off the left ramp and it takes some crazy bounces when I hit the Gimli shot.

LOTR (resized).jpgLOTR (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 18.95
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 12.95
€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Robotronx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-lord-of-the-rings-journey-begins-members-club?tu=Robotronx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.