IMG_3090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4036 (resized).jpg
IMG_4034 (resized).jpg
IMG_3077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240331_163644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1907 Service bulletin noting lock down bar change Posted by Jarbyjibbo (6 years ago)

Post #4404 The Valinor Strategy Video Posted by CLEllison (4 years ago)

Post #5383 LOTR documentation for silicone rings and LEDs Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #9244 TECH:PLAYFIELD Opto Driver replacement board warning Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider QuarterGrabber.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#285 8 years ago

Just joined the club

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#300 8 years ago

Figured I'd post this here too in case a LOTR owner knew the answer.

I recently purchased a LOTR standard edition. The seller told me the sub was working then he moved to his new house and when he set LOTR up the speakers were working but the sub was not anymore. So I did know this when I purchased it now I'm just trying to trouble shoot the problem. Also in case it's relevant to the issue, the previous owner also had an external powered sub hooked up to LOTR while the sub was still working. This is what I have tried so far.

1) checked the wire for a break, there was none
2) reflowed the solder to the speaker & sub connector on CPU board
3) changed the female connector for the speakers on the CPU board
4) pulled sub out of LOTR and tested it in another machine, the sub works fine
5) connected a Polk audio sub to the sub wires in LOTR and no sound from the sub, so no power going through the sub wires?

Can someone familiar with white star boards please help me and let me know what the next step would be in solving this issue. Thanks in advance.

1 month later
#324 8 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Is it possible to create a similar effect by using colored bulbs or colored bulb caps?
The reason I ask is the LED OCD board makes the LEDs behave like incandescents but it seems like a lot of trouble and cost to go through and I don't know that it adds much value over the incandescents, other than customizing the colors and saving power.

Don't forget the heat. Those incandescents get hot as hell and melt inserts sometimes.

1 month later
#353 8 years ago

Skypilot, where did you get that armor? Looks fantastic!

7 months later
#886 7 years ago
Quoted from mrmark0673:

Just replaced this switch and diode and my Balrog works nearly perfectly for the first time since I've owned it.
Done a TON of work to mine, but I have one last issue I'm hoping people can help me with. The only damage on the playfield is a little crescent scratch from the right side of Balrog grinding against the playfield when he opens and closes. How do I adjust Balrog to eliminate this problem?

Do you have that big white plastic washer under the bracket that holds him up??

1 year later
#2611 6 years ago

Anyone know if this is a known problem with LOTR? This ramp keeps popping out of the two holes. All the time. For now I've bent the ramp pieces down and its working for now but looks like crap because you can tell they've been bent. Any suggestions to permanently fix this problem?

20180321_210939 (resized).jpg20180321_210939 (resized).jpg

20180321_210929 (resized).jpg20180321_210929 (resized).jpg

#2614 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

I had that problem. There are supposed to be post rubbers to hold the ends of the ramp to the swirl right ramp. Just slip them on the underside, can't see them and they stop that.

OMG why didn't i think of that! That's perfect. Thank you so much!

4 weeks later
#2704 5 years ago

My magnets came in. Very nice touch not having the girls there. Looks fantastic! Thanks again Jimmyhonda

20180420_205903 (resized).jpg20180420_205903 (resized).jpg
20180420_205952 (resized).jpg20180420_205952 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#2875 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I think the ones I have are the right ones?

Maybe wrong size rubber?

#2923 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Can anyone tell me if these are stock coils?

Those look like the "Upgraded" coils i have in my lotr. They weren't a problem until i put in two new flipper rebuild kits. Now i call those coils the plastic breakers. I've replaced the inner ring plastic twice now since i did the rebuild.

#2969 5 years ago

Bad reversed pictures because the back camera is broken on my phone but the mount doom mod looks amazing. I was going to take pics and do a write up on how to install but it is so easy there's really no need. Thanks and fantastic mod!!!

20180525_201048 (resized).jpg20180525_201048 (resized).jpg

20180525_201040 (resized).jpg20180525_201040 (resized).jpg

20180525_201031 (resized).jpg20180525_201031 (resized).jpg

4 weeks later
#3083 5 years ago
Quoted from Junglist:

The right ramp gate on my LOTR doesn't seem to swing freely, but it looks like maybe its intended to be like that. It basically stays it position if it swings up then on a weak shot would swing down again. Is that normal?

No that's not normal. Check to make sure the piece of the gate sticking out on the left isn't getting stuck on the plastic beside it preventing the gate from closing. Also if that is not the problem, try a bit of lube on the gate wire where it goes through the holes of the ramp.

1 year later
#5772 4 years ago
Quoted from November:

My small path of the dead mod. More to come[quoted image][quoted image]

Did this ever become available for purchase? I would definitely get one

3 weeks later
#5946 3 years ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

This insert is not flush with the playfield, it is lowered.
Anyone got a clue how I can fix this without damaging the playfield?
I recently got the machine and want this fixed before I start doing a playfield teardown.
[quoted image]

Do yourself a favour and get a Playfield protector. Never have to worry about sinking or raising inserts again

#6006 3 years ago
Quoted from yyyyyikes:

Exactly this. The blue pad is angled like 20 degrees down, i've just pushed it back with my thumb - got to be worth putting another screw in.

I crazy glued that shit

#6012 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

You...might be on to something. I'm seeing that the blue rubber comes with an adhesive, which probably wears off. So adding super glue as an adhesive between the rubber and metal parts...might work. As long as the super glue sticks well enough to the rubber and metal. But if it does, then that would cause the holder to not rotate.

I loosened the screw and rotated it by hand...just to make it easier to see what was happening. The holder is so long though (basically the same height as the orbit guide itself), that even a very small rotation will damage the PF.
Anyway, I see the metal guide holder for LOTR here ->
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-9366-00
But my search ability is failing me....trying to find a 2 screw stern holder for another game. I'm betting there is one available that would be the right dimensions for LOTR that would only require drilling a hole.

That is why I did it. Never had a problem since. Sure the rubber gets black from the ball but I just use that stuff from pinball life that renews the rubber and good to go again

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 39.50
$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider QuarterGrabber.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-lord-of-the-rings-journey-begins-members-club?tu=QuarterGrabber and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.