IMG_7019 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4036 (resized).jpg
IMG_4034 (resized).jpg
IMG_3077 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1907 Service bulletin noting lock down bar change Posted by Jarbyjibbo (6 years ago)

Post #4404 The Valinor Strategy Video Posted by CLEllison (4 years ago)

Post #5383 LOTR documentation for silicone rings and LEDs Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #9244 TECH:PLAYFIELD Opto Driver replacement board warning Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballCharlie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1880 6 years ago

Thought I'd pat myself on the back here - just got a new DTR record 1:10.02. Pretty excited to still be breaking (personal) records after five years of home use

7 months later
#2734 6 years ago

I'm whittling my time down - under 50 seconds. Once I get it under 30 seconds, I can start to brag

Damn - I just love this color display. I can't believe how much more I play lotr now.

Also pictured - my prototype lighted 3D Mt. Doom mod I am working on.... gotta get the lava to glow a little better!

DTR 48.78 (resized).jpgDTR 48.78 (resized).jpg

#2737 5 years ago

Ok, so I am working on a much better alternative to Mt. Doom than just the stock decal image on the backboard (it's been driving me crazy for years). I have the design mostly done, but am looking for a 5v or 12v (5v preferred) connection that is constantly on (not tied into GI) and common to Whitestar.

I can tie into a GI lamp on the backboard really easily using a Matrix connector, but the mod is MUCH cooler with the glow of lava always on. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think there is an available 3-pin Molex 12v connector near the coin door that is common. Is there a 5v connector somewhere that is commonly available on a a stock LotR?

I'd love to make these available but I am really struggling with the wiring harness I should make.

Any help would be appreciated!

Mt Doom 1 (resized).JPGMt Doom 1 (resized).JPG

MT Doom Lighted (resized).JPGMT Doom Lighted (resized).JPG

Mt Doom Full Playfield (resized).JPGMt Doom Full Playfield (resized).JPG

#2741 5 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

The 3 pin molex connector by the coin door is 12 v 5 v and ground

Jeese - all these years in pinball and I somehow didn't know the third pin was 5v :O

Thanks for the tip!

-PC

#2749 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Damn.... Just sold LOTR, I would have been all over this. Looks great!

Thanks, yz! Mt Doom as a decal made me a dull boy. I mean, that's the big finale (ok, one of many, many finales) at the end of the quest. I needed to do it some justice!

I don't know how you sold LotR - I keep trying but it is precious to me

#2760 5 years ago

I've ordered the materials I need to do a small trial run of five of these Mt. Doom mods.

I have four spots available, please let me know if you want in (either on this thread or PM me). I am guessing I can have these ready to ship by late next week.

The trial run price will be $40 shipped. I'm not sure if I'll make more yet or if I will change the price on a later run. I guess it will depend on feedback from the trial run, how much work/cost is involved and if there is additional demand.

Each piece will be individually hand painted, clearcoated in a matte finish and lighted. A wiring harness will be provided to tap into an existing 5v power source.

Thanks!!

-PC

MTD 3 (resized).JPGMTD 3 (resized).JPG

mtd 1 (resized).jpgmtd 1 (resized).jpg

MTD4 (resized).JPGMTD4 (resized).JPG

#2767 5 years ago

FYI - The Mt.Doom mod list filled up quickly, so if you didn't get an email from me about getting on the list, I'll put you on a standby list.

Let me process this small run and get a feel for how producing these will go and get some feedback from the early orders. If all goes well, I'll see about making more of these, for sure!

But for now, the list is closed - thank you!!

#2771 5 years ago

I've received several requests for a video for the Mt. Doom mod. Please excuse the occasional blurry nature of the quick video I took last night; cameras have hella time trying to focus on constantly changing light

So far I've had a lot of requests for the mod. It's time to end that grainy picture of Mt. Doom! That is really the one eyesore (mostly - I'm looking at you cheap looking Orthanc) that needed better representation.

Just a little patience - I want to gather as much info from these first five to make sure a larger run or a Pinside Shop Item will be completely universal (this is really a custom fit on that wireform and I need to see about mfg tolerances from pin to pin).

Thanks for the awesome comments and interest so far!!

-Chuck

#2776 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

how does the mountain mount to the backpanel?

The two hex head machine screws that mount the ramp to the backpanel are used. Remove screws, place the model over the mounting holes and bent wireform, replace the screws/washers.

The model accounts for the 3mm or so width of the wireform so it mounts flush to the backpanel. It's nice, also, because it hides the bent wireform that the screws mount to.

#2791 5 years ago
Quoted from Spraynard:

Woohoo! Got to Valinor for the first time! Caught it on video too. » YouTube video
Funny enough, I got to valinor on the third game after upgrading my coils to the medium strength ones recommended in this thread. On Ball 1! Amazing what a difference it makes. All my previous attempts would stall out because my coils would get weak during a long game.
Of course, tried to do it again the next day with no luck. The stars have to align just perfectly.

That is awesome! I really want to watch the video - but I have to avoid spoilers!!!! (as if I'll ever get there)...

#2792 5 years ago

Update on Mt.Doom! I received my materials and spent the better part of the weekend getting these done... during perfect weather.... in my basement.... all by myself. My family probably hates me. I learned a lot about the process, time and costs. The final product will likely sell closer to $60 - if not $60. Hate to increase the price, but they do take a lot of time to make.

Anyhow - for you in the trial run receiving these this week, it would be a good idea to check out some installation pictures/instructions here:

https://www.pinworlds.com/install

It's an easy install - but knowing what to do ahead of time will certainly be handy.

I have nine people on my auxiliary list. After I get feedback from the trial run, I'll offer the first batch to you guys (look for an email later this week). After that (after I build inventory, that is), these will be available right here on Pinside and/or on my website. Probably one week wait time for the second run, and 2-3 weeks for store inventory.

Thanks, all - I'm really looking forward to getting these into the hands of some fellow pinheads!!

-Chuck

trial 1 (resized).jpgtrial 1 (resized).jpg

Trial 2 (resized).jpgTrial 2 (resized).jpg

#2795 5 years ago
Quoted from DarkTruth:

Curious, did you use a red LED or a "fire" LED? The flicker of a fire LED might replicate lava better. Just a thought

It's actually three bright white strip LEDs (to fit in the thin profile channel of the mod) shining directly into the transparent red plastic portion to divert the light.

AFAIK "flicker" lighting is not available in strip lighting but I did think about doing that. But "flicker" might be too much; lava undulates more than flickers - especially at such a distance.

#2811 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Speaking of drains, when you don't quite make the sword ramp, and it rolls back down, should it be heading between the flippers for a drain? Mine very often does.

You have to really field a ball coming back from a failed right ramp, for sure. If you don't actively nudge, there is a good chance it will drain.

#2829 5 years ago
Quoted from Raegor:

Sauron was never in physical form during the lord of the rings era.

Hmm, oh yeah, he isn't in the LotR pinball timeline... But, he does look totally bad-ass nonetheless. Now I am torn on whether or not to add him...

#2849 5 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

I was thinking the same. Cointaker has the 4smd rotating "twinkle" lights but might be too deep to fit.

Looks great, AUKraut!

That's the thing with LotR - so many people have so many mods on this pin (me included) that I wanted to design the Mt.Doom mod with a very thin profile so as to not interfere with any other mods people might have. The internal lighting channel is designed to accommodate strip LEDs only - it is precisely 4.25mm deep X 10.2mm wide and 45mm long. The wiring included is ~4'-6" which should reach either to the coin box area or the backbox - depending on where you plan on tapping into 5v power.

It would be sweet having some lighting effects in there but I don't think those flashy fx lights come in strips.

It is possible to experiment with the lighting on the mod yourself. The internal lighting and wiring channel is held in with hot glue so it can be serviced or replaced if desired.

Those on the second batch list - I will send an email out to you tomorrow for purchase details. The intent is to get this next batch shipped all during next week. All the feedback I received was great (thanks early buyers!!), so no major changes are required to the mod.

Also - there is no more list. After I get these out, I will have them up on the Pinside store or on my website to buy - thanks SO much for all the interest! I hope everyone loves 'em!

-Chuck

#2883 5 years ago
Quoted from FlipsMcgee:

Also tracking this...
Got the Pinsound set up! For some reason, I can’t get other sound files to work, but the one I loaded from Pinsound works great and is a HUGE improvement! Must have for any lotr owner, given sound is the one not-minor issue with this pin imo.
Also got the Mt. Doom mod...love it!

That looks sweeeet with Sauron there! I was hoping someone would post a pic with Mt.Doom and Sauron.

Did you have any trouble accessing the machine screws to get the wireform off the backboard? Looks like it might be tough to get a nut driver in there.

#2904 5 years ago

Heads up to all those on my list that ordered the Mt.Doom mod; they all have shipped! If you haven’t already received your mod, look for it to arrive soon.

Man, that sure was fun designing something sweet for LotR - looking forward to my next mod for this pin. Thanks for all the really great feedback I received from many of you. Pinside has a great, passionate community for mod makers

For those that didn’t make the list - you can buy it here on Pinside or my website starting today!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1139-pinworlds/01650-lighted-volcano-mod-for-mt-doom-lord-of-the-rings-pinball

https://www.pinworlds.com/lotr-volcano-mod

NEW VS OLD2 (resized).jpgNEW VS OLD2 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#2970 5 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Bad reversed pictures because the back camera is broken on my phone but the mount doom mod looks amazing. I was going to take pics and do a write up on how to install but it is so easy there's really no need. Thanks and fantastic mod!!!

Thanks QG - looks fantastic - that is some wild lighting you have going on... There is one thing I know after seeing this....

I gotta get me a reverse layout LotR!!

Great to see the mod made it to Canada with no problems, too!

1 week later
#3018 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Quick question... When you don't fully make a right ramp (sword) shot, and the ball rolls out, does it generally go to the middle of the flippers (often causing a SDTM) or does it go to the left sling?
Watched a couple of gameplay videos, and seems it often goes to the sling which makes is much easier to play.

The ball is wild coming out of that ramp on a reject. It is a wide enough ramp that the ball can take multiple angles on an exit. I really need to give my machine a hardy nudge to keep it from draining.

#3039 5 years ago
Quoted from Archytas:

Fitted my Mount Doom mod today from pinballcharlie - took 10 minutes and plugged nicely into the PowerTap I have set up in the game (too many mods that use the same connector!). I can claim first fitting in the UK too!

Most certainly the first (and so far only) to the UK! Did you put the power tap in the backbox or cabinet?

Just an FYI for others interested in the mod - I have about 1/2 dozen left and then there might be a considerable delay in making more. The red transparent ABS plastic I use to make the mod hasn't been in stock for a couple months and I haven't been able to find a suitably colored alternative. But on a good note, I do offer a splitter cable as an option now for those who do not have an available power connector or a fancy PowerTap.

12v5v splitter (resized).jpg12v5v splitter (resized).jpg
8 months later
#3881 5 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

I know I'm in the minority here, but I feel the same way about LEDs on this title.

Yeah - I'm with you. Years ago I replaced all the incandescents with LEDs. Lasted about three days before I took them out. It remains as my only game with incandescent bulbs. I have a bunch of 44/555 bulbs from the past that I have to use on something Although, I haven't needed to replace a bulb on that pin in over three years :O

2 weeks later
#4020 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Ah! I thought it had a covering!
Thank you both for clarifying.

That flasher just hanging out there drives me crazy. It's on my list to design a lighted Weathertop with hidden flashers that should really clean that area up.

#4026 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

It looks like you have a following of buyers.

Quoted from ktownhero:

That's the one bulb in the game that isn't going to be nicely replaced by an LED. It's the only original bulb I have kept in mine. You really just can't beat the look of the incandescent pulse in that particular case. More importantly is the fact that an LED looks like crap when it is off, and that particular light is off almost all the time.

*gulp* No pressure here

3 weeks later
#4127 5 years ago

Wow! My 10yo kid Alex just got GC and was only about three objectives short of Valinor! He is now officially way better than me . While I wrote off ever getting to Valinor myself, I have some hope now that I’ll at least see it in the stands

DC8215BB-92D7-4280-8A1C-BEE0C7EA3954 (resized).jpegDC8215BB-92D7-4280-8A1C-BEE0C7EA3954 (resized).jpeg
#4130 5 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Nice! Wish my kids played....

Every month I put a new challenge out to them with a $5 bounty - like "get your initials up for a mode champion on X pin". It works! Otherwise, yeah, it is tough to compete against freakin' Fortnite and all the garbage phone games

4 months later
#4652 4 years ago
Quoted from auspin:

Recently got my first pin, a lotr le. I'm really confused with the leveling? I've read up about 6.5 degrees and using a spirit level or the phone app.
My bubble in the shooter won't budge whatever I do though.
As a test.. Even with the front legs raised as high as it goes and the back legs wound all the way down, the bubble is still near the top line? Is my carpet not level?
Should note my pin was nib for 9+ years so perhaps the bubble is broken?
I used the app to set 6.5 and been great. But the bubble us still as shows.
Any advice appreciated.
[quoted image]

Those bubbles are notoriously bad and should be completely disregarded - especially on LOTR for whatever reason. I've found the bubbles on modern machines to be much more accurate.

#4665 4 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Here's mine, I had Robertstone0407 do it. Looks fantastic in person, you can't really see the coin door and shooter housing very well in the pics but they're black with gold flake.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Whoa! The One Ring on your key fob is HUGE! It must have just been cut from Sauron's hand before Isildur wielded it (nerd hat is ON).....

2 weeks later
#4742 4 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Was working on my le yesterday, fixed a loose lamp or 2 and added the volcano mod with the red led glow which was joined in front of cab.
Turned on and within 30 secs the game froze, turned off and back on. Only lights on no display so open backbox and mpu board totally dead, now this is my first Stern so was sweating a bit! Checking fuses I noticed F11 fuse on power board looked slightly different but not blown looking, metered it and it was gone. Put new 3a fuse in as didn’t have a 4a and it has been ok but I have not plugged the volcano mod back in yet to see how it goes without it.
F11 fuse powers the mpu board I wouldn’t have thought an led or two extra would have caused that but the previous owner has put quite a few mods on it.
Hopefully just a fuse glitch as I have seen this before.

Ugh, power problems are always a pain in the butt. The Volcano mod does not add any significant load on the 12v/5v circuit, but you can add only so many pennies to a to a full cup of water before it overflows

I would make sure you have the proper fuses on hand, then try plugging the Volcano mod in at the front of your cab while the machine is ON so you can see in real time if that is what is causing the fuse to blow.

Do you still have other mods installed?

#4749 4 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Hi thanks for the reply.
I plugged the mod in earlier today after having a problem free weekend with it and guess what it went wrong again!
Blew the F11 fuse again so got my meter out and the volcano mod has a short circuit, it came new with the machine but not fitted.
I will leave it unplugged as it looks better than standard anyway. Such a shame.

That’s crazy. I wonder if it was modified by the previous owner?

Send me a PM, if you cover shipping costs I’ll send you a new one free of charge.

I’m curious what is wrong with that one you have...

#4757 4 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

I’m an electrician so you would have thought I would have got this right☺️
Thanks for the offer very kind of you, I like it even without the red glow anyway so will keep it but will post an update when I get around to looking at it
I’m curious too and will let you know.

Perfect that you are an electrician

That LED circuit is pretty simple, just three 5v LEDs and each one has a resistor. Maybe one of the resistors went bad? My bet is the solder points at the pad need to be reflowed. The harness can be completely removed by heating up the hot glue holding it in place and removing. Maybe check for obvious issues at the solder pads and reflow the joints. If it looks fine at the solder pads, then it's a circuit issue.

Anyhow, just let me know whenever you get the chance - I'll be happy to send you out a new one

And, damn, your LE looks awesome!!

5 months later
#5582 4 years ago

Finally, FINALLY got to making this mod I have been wanting to do for the past three years. The factory Orthanc always looked like Stern punted on that particular model, so I spent the good part of my weekend doing a total redesign. Wow, was it tough modelling around such strange angles and limited space, but I am really happy with how it is shaping up!

These pics represent an older build - the lighting will change quite a bit as well as some details and quality of the model itself. I'm still debating whether or not to use red lighting (as pictured) or white lighting.

The final will be a super simple install hooked up to the aux 12v circuit for lighting. Any feedback would be awesome! When it gets closer to production, I'll start a thread for it.

WT1 (resized).jpgWT1 (resized).jpgWT2 (resized).jpgWT2 (resized).jpgWT3 (resized).jpgWT3 (resized).jpg
#5586 4 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Also interested!
Feedbacks:
- provide unpainted versions as an option to save you time for those skilled at miniature painting
- have a 2nd dry brush coat for thr painted versikn with a lighter white
- avoid resin casts; any airball would destroy the spires instantly
- for the red or white, we'd need a pic with the full pf lit to be able to give feedback
Looks very promising!

Thanks for the feedback!

I would love to do a resin version of this (and probably will just for my pin to test it out); the fine detail would look amazing. But, yeah, that would definitely shatter

Currently, I am experimenting with three different thermoplastics right now to find the best balance between looks, flexibility and strength.

I'll hook up a some white lighting in the next day or two and post to the upcoming dedicated thread.

#5591 4 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Just realised, looking at your website (some very neat ideas! ) that it's probably 3D printed.
So I have another feedback some people (me included) are reluctant to install any 3D printed mod cause of the printing lines...
However, making a sample in 3D print, removing by sanding or whatever method the printing lines, creating and then casting in whatever non shattering material would be awesome!

Thanks Niho!

I'm with you on lines - and I try everything possible to reduce or eliminate them. The inherent nature of these new complicated pinball toy designs with LED lighting channels is they aren't a singular solid model, so you can't create a casting - they have to be produced layer by layer.

I do have a resin printer, however, that completely eliminates lines, but the resin material is far more brittle and only works for certain "safe" locations in a pinball machine.

#5598 4 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Maybe the resin printer could be used to create a master that you can then use to make a mold?
However I do understand that's way more work only to get rid of some lines

That's exactly it - it would be a tremendous amount of work to get molds made and would lose all ability to modify your models on the fly. And a good artist learns to use the lines to his advantage - like naturally occurring wood grains or lines in concrete. Also, from the distance you are looking at in a pinball machine, you don't notice the lines.

Here is a photo of my Bag End mod - the first with high impact thermoplastic, the second with resin. The resin definitely looks cleaner, but is missing some of the personality of the plastic. And these are closeup, once these are on your machine you won't notice unless you get your face right in it Also, resin Bag End will explode on impact

BAG END FDM (resized).jpgBAG END FDM (resized).jpgBAG END SLA (resized).jpgBAG END SLA (resized).jpg
1 week later
#5610 4 years ago
Quoted from insx:

Does anyone else find that most of their right orbit shots miss during War of the Ents because the post doesn't raise quickly enough? I'm using medium coils and the shots are quite fast.

About half of mine fly past the up-post event. I generally go straight into Orthanc because of it, even though the shot is worth more on the right orbit.

1 week later
#5666 4 years ago
Quoted from November:

My small path of the dead mod. More to come[quoted image][quoted image]

That looks awesome! Great idea.

#5674 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

messing with some hobbit holes for the shire
[quoted image]
did install the orthanc tower , got the warm white light and added the color changing led from my old tower, , really well done mod by pinball charlie
[quoted image]

Thanks pjj! Looking at these pics... Was it difficult to access the lower right hex screw on Orthanc? My LotR has just Gandalf, but you have the version with Gandalf on Shadowfax. Do those figures get in the way of getting a nut driver in there?

Really like these shire ideas. I think it needs to be in front of the VUK on the clear plastic. Going over the wireform looks cool, but might obstruct the playfield too much, IMO. I guess it doesn't really obstruct anything critical, though

1 week later
#5723 4 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Don't trust Golem!.

Or as we misquote when playing - "Don't trust Golem's two balls".

#5738 4 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

I just went on a Valinor run but came up just shy.
The game is set to Factory, 3 ball, Replay with opened outlanes. There are NO scoring tier specific extra balls set on this game, only the ones that could be earned throughout the game.
I earned all of the gifts, destroyed the ring twice, completed all 3 multiballs and started There and Back Again. The last thing that you need to do is destroy the ring after everything else is completed. I had to start all 3 multiballs again to get back to Destroy the Ring. I had two started of the multiballs and was about to start the third when my last ball drained. SIGH! So close! I feel like I just gave birth.
[quoted image]

DAMN! It is going to take another year or two to get that close again, lol!

You have outscored my best game by at least 2.5x - well done!

3 weeks later
#5813 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Finally got around to installing the new cabinet decals. I think it came out great! Really happy with it.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

LOVE those decals! I must have them.......

9 months later
#6712 3 years ago

Finally beat the long standing 30 second Ring Champion (from my now 13 year old kid). That was about as fast as I think I'll ever do it.

RING CHAMP (resized).jpgRING CHAMP (resized).jpg
#6721 3 years ago
Quoted from SKORR_Arcades:

Awesome! Now you can get back to making more tower and vulcano mods when the materials come in.
My kids don't want to play my pins, so I have all the high scores.

Lol, yeah, I better get busy! I'm completely out of everything. It's nice to use my extra time to actually play again!

2 months later
#6982 3 years ago
Quoted from killerrobots:

I just destroyed the ring in 39:51 and that destroyed my previous. Curious what other people's best were?

That is a fine time! I only recently bested that with a 27 second time (the current record on our machine) and I've had the pin for about ten years. My 10 year old kid just got 30.6 seconds last week, that is AMAZING!

2 weeks later
#7015 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Just picked up a clean HUO LOTR that had been sitting Unplayed for a number of years. I just rebuilt both flippers as they both needed it and the right flip is still pretty weak compared to the left. Should I start by replacing the cabinet leaf switches? Or replacing the EOS? It’s a 2004 run on v.10. This is not a heating issue so I’m not popping in those overpowered pblife coils.[quoted image]

My leaf switches have been flaky over the years. I'd at least rough up the contacts on the leaf blades to make sure there is a clean connection.

10 months later
#8053 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I left the club last night, after owning LOTR for 17+ years. My son was 6 when we got it, now he’s 23. I swapped in a NOS playfield cleared by Ron Kruzman before I sold it. It feels good to pass the torch to my friend who’s very enthusiastic about it. I’ve got a long wait for its replacement, Rush Premium. I feel that LOTR has the most beautiful playfield Stern ever did, and I’ll miss looking at it.
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That Kruzman playfield is stunning! You're gonna miss it for sure. It holds up to the best artwork on Yeti's pins.

It's the only pin I have left that I need incandescent bulbs for... not sure it's possible to yank it from my collection.

IMG_20220226_224225 (resized).jpgIMG_20220226_224225 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#8091 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

I use a splitter block from pinball life iirc it gives 6 outlets standard 3 pins 5v/12v

This one? Seems pretty sweet and well priced.

https://www.pinballlife.com/8-way-power-splitter-board-for-stern-pinball-machines-using-whitestar-or-sam-operating-systems.html?Category_Code=

I’ve always eyeballed that splitter. My new Shire mod ties into 6.5v GI power so I haven’t needed to do more than a two-way split yet.

1 month later
#8182 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Searched the forums but couldn’t find this specific stuck ball issue on LOTR. Seems like the ball is consistently getting stuck at the Orthanc entrance. I adjust the plastic tower and it works for a bit but then goes back to this again. I made sure the metal posts to the tower are as tight as they will go. Not sure what else to try.
Has anyone else had this issue before?
[quoted image]

Yes, that issue was driving me crazy. I ended up tapping that wire guide just to the right of the ball down further into the playfield and that finally fixed it.

1 year later
#10006 72 days ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Yeah that's my doom is not actually mezels mod, that's pinworlds. Sold out here and on his own website. No social media update for a while and no forum posts on pinside in like 10 months. Shame, he makes 3 great lotr mods. Hope he's alright and continues to make mods!
niros palintir mod is in and out of stock, just sign up for notifications on mezels site.

I’m alive! Sorry - I’ve been out doing stuff, lol. I have some dooms and towers in the works. Not sure I’ll make any more shires for lotr for awhile, tho. Look for these on sale next week here and on Mezel.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 39.50
€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 18.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballCharlie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-lord-of-the-rings-journey-begins-members-club?tu=PinballCharlie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.