IMG_3090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4036 (resized).jpg
IMG_4034 (resized).jpg
IMG_3077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240331_163644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1907 Service bulletin noting lock down bar change Posted by Jarbyjibbo (6 years ago)

Post #4404 The Valinor Strategy Video Posted by CLEllison (4 years ago)

Post #5383 LOTR documentation for silicone rings and LEDs Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #9244 TECH:PLAYFIELD Opto Driver replacement board warning Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DarthPaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9103 1 year ago

My Christmas miracle came true today, with the delivery of my LOTR machine. All original, looking forward to adding some mods.

#9111 1 year ago

Started doing a little work on my newly acquired LOTR, how odd is it that everyone of the GI bulbs were burned out?

#9113 1 year ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Not odd at all, especially if it was on location powered on for 12 hours a day and no maintenance ever done to it.

It was a HUO machine but the original owner never replaced the batteries. He took them out but never replaced them, so it seems logical he wouldn't replace burned out bulbs.

#9119 1 year ago
Quoted from jlbintn:

Weird, but it sounds like the original owner had the foresight to at least get the batteries out of there before they caused damage. Or maybe they were just lazy.
IDK
I guess I could understand not replacing burnt out bulbs, depending upon which bulb is burned out. Some of the bulbs on this game are very hard to get to, without disassembling significant areas that surround them.
Edit to add:
DarthPaul, are you going to put batteries back on the board, or go with NVRAM? My unsolicited advice would be to go the NVRAM route.

Quoted from jlbintn:

Weird, but it sounds like the original owner had the foresight to at least get the batteries out of there before they caused damage. Or maybe they were just lazy.
IDK
I guess I could understand not replacing burnt out bulbs, depending upon which bulb is burned out. Some of the bulbs on this game are very hard to get to, without disassembling significant areas that surround them.
Edit to add:
DarthPaul, are you going to put batteries back on the board, or go with NVRAM? My unsolicited advice would be to go the NVRAM route.

NVRAM is already in. The Pinsider I purchased the machine from, realized there was a problem because the machine wasn't saving "free play" and ordered an NVRAM for me. Problem is solved with the NVRAM installed.

#9120 1 year ago
Quoted from BigBlockFever:

Such a fabulous machine
Mine is “bolted” to the floor

As will mine be, right next to the Hobbit.

1 month later
#9289 1 year ago

What color LEDs are you guys using behind the plastic around the magnetic ring? I'm using comet sunlight and they look pinkish.

1 month later
#9392 1 year ago

Just a question for everyone who has Pinsound in their machine. If I get the Neo or the Plus, I'm still going to need to buy the 2.1 stereo harness, correct?

#9395 1 year ago
Quoted from WildRover:

Yes, but I just wired mine manually. Its a cheap enough harness but if you have some speaker wire laying around its a pretty simple DIY.

Could you please explain what you did?

2 months later
#9580 11 months ago
Quoted from Rehamed:

Joined the club with this beauty the other day! So happy to have one finally
[quoted image][quoted image]

I'm liking that topper, I may have to get me one.

1 week later
#9583 10 months ago
Quoted from ZedMcGlunk:

Wow! That looks loaded. What topper is that?

You can find it on ebay but it is actually two pieces. A flaming background and then the ring in front of it. I like it with just the ring itself but the seller won't sell it separately.

#9586 10 months ago
Quoted from dannunz:

I picked up a stock one and putting all the goodies in it.
[quoted image]

Where did you get the Army of the Dead plastic?

#9591 10 months ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Pinside marketplace for plastic

I saw that one but the ad said it doesn't fit the 2003 version.

4 weeks later
#9622 9 months ago

What is the best way to convert from surfing Gandalf to Gandalf on Shadowfax using the same plastic? I was going to put the base of the figure beneath the plastic and drill a hole through the plastic for the rod that attaches the base to the horse.

1 month later
#9672 8 months ago
Quoted from F-2NIRO:

yes of course, follow the link below, there other mods for lord, you can buy on my website or at Mezel mods.
https://www.2niro-pinball.com/category/pinball-mods/

This is on my want list.

#9676 8 months ago
Quoted from Thor_Odinson:

lol For real? WTF Stern... So no version of the game came with weapons on these characters? That's crazy to me. Why didn't they just install them with glue? Are these figures made by a third party or did Stern actually produce these? I'm just wondering how I could find weapons for them if I ever got a used one without them.

The figures are available, they were made by Play Along. I'm working on 3d printing Saruman's staff.

2 weeks later
#9719 7 months ago
Quoted from matt68061:

Interested in what you come up with for this. Please keep us posted!

He is what I came up with. I need to get one of those big lighted magnifiers, my eyes aren't as good as they used to be. This thing is very small and difficult to paint that white orb in the center.

100_0898 (resized).JPG100_0898 (resized).JPG100_0901 (resized).JPG100_0901 (resized).JPG

100_0894 (resized).JPG100_0894 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#9727 7 months ago

I have a question about weapons for the figures, did some figures come with the weapons and some not? My Frodo has a sword and it looks like Sam had one as well but was broken off.

1 week later
#9741 6 months ago
Quoted from pinner11:

Thanks. Saw those but it states they will not fit the 2003 version.

I just completed this mod and the plastic fit perfectly, all the holes for the posts and screws lined up as they should. I used the etched with figures version. The seller mentioned to me, a couple people complained about the holes not lining up and I may have to drill a new hole. If you are going to undertake this mod with lights, drilling some new holes if you need to, should not be that big of a problem.

100_0908 (resized).JPG100_0908 (resized).JPG100_0910 (resized).JPG100_0910 (resized).JPG100_0911 (resized).JPG100_0911 (resized).JPG
#9745 6 months ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

This is interesting - 4 figurines. The first ever POTD mod required drilling if lights were implemented other wise you just glued the figurines down. The figurines were also towards the back and wider part of the cover so I never encountered beheading lol. What's interesting is you have FOUR DIFFERENT figurines. The AOME branded Army of the Dead kit only has 3. Where did you obtain your dead figurines from?

I bought two sets, I really wanted four figures. I used different weapons for the figures that were the same. I also placed the two same figures furthest apart. The LEDs came premade as a set of 4 lights, which made things simpler and neater.

#9746 6 months ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

I wonder if I did something wrong in the install. When I put the playfield glass on I decapitated the soldier closest to the flippers.

Maybe your posts are too tall?

#9750 6 months ago
Quoted from briyau15:

Did you use a specific glue to keep them on?

Plain old super glue.

3 months later
#9946 3 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

I am pretty happy with how my game is looking. I am working on a new minimalistic spotlight design and may replace/add some more lighting around the game to highlight figures/sculpts etc
The one area that sticks out as a bit of a sore thumb is the path of the dead. I have the figures, and I have a large laser etched acrylic, to do the common mod.
But IMO the etched acrylic really sticks out in a not great way, it doesn't seem to really fit with the atmosphere in my particular machine.
I did a mock up of if I just used a smaller acrylic (or probably, I would 3d print a platform for the figures and add some texture. I think I like a lot better than full acrylic, but not sure if it's really an upgrade or not. (note figures just sitting up there not in perfect positioning and without weapons attached, just to get idea...)
Anyone have any other ideas for sprucing up this area? I have seen the 3d printed mod to replace the rear 1,2,3,4 plastic from RamMods and the wall from DysotopicPinball. considering those.
[quoted image]

I used the etched acrylic to hide the wires used to light up the figures.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DarthPaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-lord-of-the-rings-journey-begins-members-club?tu=DarthPaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.