IMG_3090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4036 (resized).jpg
IMG_4034 (resized).jpg
IMG_3077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240331_163644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1907 Service bulletin noting lock down bar change Posted by Jarbyjibbo (6 years ago)

Post #4404 The Valinor Strategy Video Posted by CLEllison (4 years ago)

Post #5383 LOTR documentation for silicone rings and LEDs Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #9244 TECH:PLAYFIELD Opto Driver replacement board warning Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bigbossfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6254 3 years ago

A little miffed here. Picked up a LOTR recently, was missing the blue nub of death, the bracket and the screw. Ordered the bracket and nub from Marco assuming the small screw would come with the bracket. Nope, they shipped it without the screw to secure it. Ridiculous. In any event, hope someone here can point me in the right direction. In the manual, it says it's secured by #4-40 x 5/16" Am I reading this correctly, that is the screw size correct? I have to assume something that size is going to be very difficult to find.

If that is correct, does this appear to be the correct screw? https://www.fastenal.ca/productDetails?query=0173844

Thanks in advance!

#6259 3 years ago

Thanks so much for all the help! Will make a trip to Home Depot today to see if I can source it locally.

#6262 3 years ago

LOTR_breath although plenty offered advice, I followed yours to the T, and it was successful. I would never have known about the wire strippers having the capability of cutting a bolt.

I'm very appreciative to all who took the time out to assist. You all rock.

Reg

1 month later
#6369 3 years ago

I've just installed the special coils from PBL and although the improvement over the stock coils is fantastic.....these are way to strong. I've done some searching on Pinside to get the answer to my question, but either I'm a dumbass (likely) or it just hasn't been clearly explained before.

I've read that there is a flipper adjustment you can make in the menu. I've looked through both the standard and LOTR adjustments. I do not see anywhere that I can change the flipper coil strength to medium.

I did find the 3 various flipper adjustments in the general adjustment menu (#53-55), played around with those default numbers but no change in the strength of the flippers (literally, the ball flies off of the habitrail....just a matter of time before plastics start getting broken!)

Am I missing something???

I definetly want to switch these out with the medium coils that have been spoken about, unfortunately the seller won't ship internationally, and I don't know of any source here in the Great White North.

In any event, thanks in advance for any assistance provided!

#6373 3 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Yeah, the PBL coils will break stuff, they are just too strong.
The Medium Coils guy doesn't sell to Canada?? Shoot, he can ship them to me and I'll ship them to you at cost.....don't mind helping!

Thats very cool of you to offer to help me out. Not quite sure why he won't ship to Canada.....but I digress.

In any event, decided that I don't want to risk breaking the plastics or anything else....so took the PBL coils out and replaced with the stock ones. Since I had rebuilt the flippers when I put the new coils in, and now with the old coils put back in, I notice a big difference. We'll have to see how strong they stay when playing a long game.

BBF

6 months later
#6927 3 years ago

Hi all. Got a strange situation going on right now. I'm selling a undocumented HUO LOTR. Fella who sold it to me, claimed he bought it from Gilchrist Games back in the day, NIB where it stayed in their cottage until last year.

I fully believed the guy as it had the hasp and bar on the pin as well as a full unopened set of plastics amongst other things that tell me the guy's story is legit.

So now I'm selling it, and when I explained the hasp and bar over the front of the cab, people are calling into doubt how this proves it was HUO and not routed.

(I'm finally getting to it!) I would never intentionally mislead anyone, and I was just going by what I remember from learning when I first got into the hobby. Did LOTR ship with that security hatch installed from factory just as B/W's did back in the day? Or am I completely out to lunch?

#6929 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

That’s not from the factory. Never seen a modern stern come that way or even have a factory option for it.

I stand corrected. Thanks for this.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

€ 7.50
$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bigbossfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-lord-of-the-rings-journey-begins-members-club?tu=Bigbossfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.