IMG_7027 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7019 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4036 (resized).jpg
IMG_4034 (resized).jpg
IMG_3077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240331_163644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,194 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 204.
#4851 4 years ago
Quoted from insx:

When I got the game, the glass ball was stuck in place with white tack and the LED was shining up from the hole. I modified the ball and brought the LED up behind it and it's nearly blinding from a certain angle, although it actually looks fine from the player's position.

Gotcha.

#4852 4 years ago
Quoted from insx:

I joined the club on Sunday with a slightly tatty machine but everything plays great. My Palantir target is leaning badly, does anyone know if the "Stern pinball target support" on Thingiverse fits it?

I have an alternate support, pinbits maybe but same concept, and my target still moves to the left a little.

#4853 4 years ago
Quoted from insx:

I joined the club on Sunday with a slightly tatty machine but everything plays great. My Palantir target is leaning badly, does anyone know if the "Stern pinball target support" on Thingiverse fits it?

welcome aboard

#4854 4 years ago

my mods, minus the eye flasher in the backbox

209_0909 (resized).JPG209_0909 (resized).JPG209_0910 (resized).JPG209_0910 (resized).JPG209_0911 (resized).JPG209_0911 (resized).JPG209_0912 (resized).JPG209_0912 (resized).JPG
#4855 4 years ago

Should the VUK switches have diodes? Neither of mine do but the yellow stickers suggest that they should.

#4856 4 years ago

All matrix switches should have diodes; however, they may not be located on the switch itself.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#4857 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

All matrix switches should have diodes; however, they may not be located on the switch itself.

Ah, thank you.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4858 4 years ago
Quoted from jlbintn:

my mods, minus the eye flasher in the backbox[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Get the decals for the targets and for the shire area. They aren't expensive and will really be a nice little finishing touch to all you've done.

#4859 4 years ago

I’m having an intermittent issue with the ball lock mech on the sword ramp. Sometimes it goes down and back up before it releases a ball. It doesn’t always happen but when it does it seems to be when there are 3 balls in the lock. Is this a common problem?
Everything looks clean. The spring is seated correctly. Any help or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

#4860 4 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I’m having an intermittent issue with the ball lock mech on the sword ramp. Sometimes it goes down and back up before it releases a ball. It doesn’t always happen but when it does it seems to be when there are 3 balls in the lock. Is this a common problem?
Everything looks clean. The spring is seated correctly. Any help or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

Magnetized balls

#4861 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Magnetized balls

Really? I’ll give it a try and report back shortly. That makes sense that they would hold onto each other a little bit.

#4862 4 years ago

I took the balls out and they were indeed magnetized. So far so good. Thanks LOTR_breath

#4863 4 years ago

btw, from time to time it is a good idea to clean those balls. Good for your playfield. Replace if they looked severely nicked up.

I use a Lyman tumbler with walnut media. It does a great job polishing pinballs.

#4864 4 years ago

Ring Magnet Buzzing...

Is a loud "buzz" or "hum" normal for this machine?
It happens during the initial power loading onto the magnet. The buzz goes away a second or two after ball hold, prior to the ball getting released. It's louder that the other game sounds.

#4865 4 years ago

I use a Lyman tumbler with walnut media. It does a great job polishing pinballs.

What model tumbler do you use? Thinking of getting one.

#4866 4 years ago

The magnet hum is normal. If it is super loud just check to see if the screws are loose causing more vibration than normal.

#4867 4 years ago
Quoted from jlbintn:

btw, from time to time it is a good idea to clean those balls. Good for your playfield. Replace if they looked severely nicked up.

What model Lyman tumbler do you use? Also untreated walnut media? I need to get a tumbler and need a recommendation

Thank you,
Fred

#4868 4 years ago

I have the Turbo 1200 Pro. I use untreated walnut media

#4869 4 years ago

Hi everyone,
i installed a shaker kit into my LOTR LE today but the shaker isn't working, does this need to be turned on in the menue settings somewhere or is there a way that I can test it. The shaker kit is from pinball life.
cheers
Trevor

#4870 4 years ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

Hi everyone,
i installed a shaker kit into my LOTR LE today but the shaker isn't working, does this need to be turned on in the menue settings somewhere or is there a way that I can test it. The shaker kit is from pinball life.
cheers
Trevor

Have you upgraded the rom chip and pal chip?

#4871 4 years ago
Quoted from Fastfred:

What model Lyman tumbler do you use? Also untreated walnut media? I need to get a tumbler and need a recommendation
Thank you,
Fred

FYI There is a great tumbler thread with lots of recommendations in it.

#4872 4 years ago
Quoted from Fastfred:

This stuff

Turns dull things, into shiny things

#4873 4 years ago

Berry's makes the best vibratory tumbler. It looks just like the Frankford but the shape of the bowl is much better. It has more of a curve which causes much more action. Plus it's higher quality all around (thicker bowl, long life motor etc). I bought it direct from them for barely more than the Frankford. Just FYI. Both are good but you'll get better results and faster from a Berry's. I've had mine running practically non stop for almost a year now.

#4874 4 years ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

Hi everyone,

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-install-shaker-motor-in-lotr-standard-edition

#4875 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

The magnet hum is normal. If it is super loud just check to see if the screws are loose causing more vibration than normal.

Thank you much!

#4876 4 years ago

Thank you guys for all your replies.

Fastfred

#4877 4 years ago

Does anybody else have an issue with the VUK from Orthanc hitting in between these two posts on POTD?

2019-09-22_1730 (resized).png2019-09-22_1730 (resized).png

It happens maybe...40-50% of the time and makes a loud WHACK on the wood instead of hitting the soft rubber...

#4878 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Does anybody else have an issue with the VUK from Orthanc hitting in between these two posts on POTD?
[quoted image]
It happens maybe...40-50% of the time and makes a loud WHACK on the wood instead of hitting the soft rubber...

Yep, happens on mine too. I thought about putting some foam there, but it would likely get torn off when the playfield was lifted. It doesn't seem to be causing any damage.

#4879 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

[quoted image]
It happens maybe...40-50% of the time and makes a loud WHACK on the wood instead of hitting the soft rubber...M

Mine does the same too. I was thinking about trying a larger rubber. But like DeeGor said, there doesn’t appear to be any damage

#4880 4 years ago

This is a great addition to any LOTR!!

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “These are brand new custom apron magnets. Very high quality!! Use these to cover up the girls on your LOTR Apron. Please see photos. $24 + $6 shipping. Sorry, magnets are expensive...”
2019-09-23
Howell, MI
24 (Firm)
Archived after: 36 days
Viewed: 284 times

#4881 4 years ago

Where can I purchase the fire ring mod? Thank you.

#4882 4 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Mine does the same too. I was thinking about trying a larger rubber. But like deegor said, there doesn’t appear to be any damage

I stretched a rubber between the three posts. My issue now is the ball tends to bounce off and fall back into the VUK.

#4883 4 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Yep, happens on mine too. I thought about putting some foam there, but it would likely get torn off when the playfield was lifted. It doesn't seem to be causing any damage.

Yeah...it doesn't look like damage yet...mainly just the disjarring WHACK sound that makes the player think that something is wrong with the pin...

Probably the best option would just be to drill a hole and install another post there like the others...would only be like...$2...

#4884 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Yes and quite often it bounces back and sits between the right hand post and the tower.

#4885 4 years ago
Quoted from insx:

Yes and quite often it bounces back and sits between the right hand post and the tower.

Huh...I haven't had a ball trap in that location yet...interesting.

#4886 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Yeah...it doesn't look like damage yet...mainly just the disjarring WHACK sound that makes the player think that something is wrong with the pin...
Probably the best option would just be to drill a hole and install another post there like the others...would only be like...$2...

I gave this some thought and tried using a little felt pad that is used on cabinet doors. It works pretty well, and when you lift the playfield the back of it actually dips down, so you don't run into issues with it knocking it off the wall.

20190923_094756 (resized).jpg20190923_094756 (resized).jpg

#4887 4 years ago
Quoted from insx:

It is a common trap area. Pinbits makes a plastic that prevents ball traps on the right side near the tower:

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_48&products_id=491

orthanc (resized).jpgorthanc (resized).jpg
#4888 4 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

I gave this some thought and tried using a little felt pad that is used on cabinet doors. It works pretty well, and when you lift the playfield the back of it actually dips down, so you don't run into issues with it knocking it off the wall.
[quoted image]

Thanks, as always! Yeah, seems to have completely fixed the issue, though maybe looks a tiny bit hokey (but you can't really see/notice it unless you are looking for it). I used 2 pieces since I think sometimes it hits the upper "space" too. On hand I just had some felt that you would use on the bottom of chairs for wood floors, which is pretty thick. And you are correct...when pulling the playfield out, it dips down so completely misses the felt. You could put most any thickness on the wall there and you won't have clearance issues.

20190923_115804 (resized).jpg20190923_115804 (resized).jpg

#4889 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

This is a great addition to any LOTR!!

Mod - For Sale

LOTR APRON MAGNETS

New!

New “These are brand new custom apron magnets. Very high quality!! Use these to cover up the girls on your LOTR Apron. Please see photos. $24 + $6 shipping. Sorry, magnets are expensive...”

16 hours ago

Howell, MI

24 (Firm)

Jimmyhonda

I think those look great...though side question...where did you find those rulesheet images? I need to get some printed for mine.

#4890 4 years ago

I lost a bunch of low power coils and F7 keeps blowing. BRDG2 reads around 450 in all directions in my meter's diode test so I guess that has shorted.

#4891 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

It is a common trap area. Pinbits makes a plastic that prevents ball traps on the right side near the tower:
http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_48&products_id=491[quoted image]

Are these available at Expo?

#4892 4 years ago

Anyone using pinsound that knows the path of the ball launch sound effect? i'm using wool with a little customization but feel it is missing a sound upon launch of the ball and can't find the path/location of the file. I've been digging through the original sound effects but can't find it. Thanks.

#4893 4 years ago

I’m looking for some cool rules cards. I can’t find much that I like for this game. Anyone have one that isn’t on pinball rebel or pinballcards.com?

#4894 4 years ago
Quoted from jchybro:

Anyone using pinsound that knows the path of the ball launch sound effect? i'm using wool with a little customization but feel it is missing a sound upon launch of the ball and can't find the path/location of the file. I've been digging through the original sound effects but can't find it. Thanks.

Sorry...I don't. But do you know the file path for the shire VUK noise? That "oink" type sound is annoying...not sure what to replace it with though.

#4895 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Sorry...I don't. But do you know the file path for the shire VUK noise? That "oink" type sound is annoying...not sure what to replace it with though.

Im not sure on that one. It’s the same sound for all VUKs right? I am not as annoyed as i was after i hooked up an external sub but another sound would be nice. If i come across the location ill post.

#4896 4 years ago

Actually this brings me to another pinsound question: i hooked up my external sub using the speaker wire from the cabinet center sub/speaker. I had to do this since the RCA connections on the pinsound out were so quiet the sub didnt do much at all (even when i turned the sub to max) Anyone else have this experience? I love the sound but wish i didnt order the pinsound sub since i ended up disconnecting it. It mostly rattled the cabinet and the external sub now rattles everything else in the room vs the cabinet....Which is just plain awesome.

#4897 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

It may be up_2 in the sfx folder.

#4898 4 years ago
Quoted from jchybro:

It may be up_2 in the sfx folder.

No, not quite. Actually, it looks like its 3214727385-eject.

Hmm, in the 3 pinsound packages, no one replaced the file...actually hawknole did a gain change to it. Now to try and find a replacement.

#4899 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

No, not quite. Actually, it looks like its 3214727385-eject.
Hmm, in the 3 pinsound packages, no one replaced the file...actually hawknole did a gain change to it. Now to try and find a replacement.

Ah, that's sounds like it. i was looking for the sound made from all VUKs. I thought 3214727385-eject was balrog, but listening to it a few times, it's more like a cow or pig or something. Yes....what to replace with is a challenge.

#4900 4 years ago

Having issues with making the ring shot. It just doesn't seem to have the juice or the spinner is slowing it down.

I've adjusted the spinner so it leans towards the back of the games bit, but still having lots of shots that just go 3/4 up the ramp and roll back down.

This is the second LOTR that I have owned and the previous one definitely shot better than this.

Any suggestions?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 7.50
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 39.50
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 12.95
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 18.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 10,194 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 204.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-lord-of-the-rings-journey-begins-members-club/page/98?hl=manto1975 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.