IMG_7027 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7019 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4036 (resized).jpg
IMG_4034 (resized).jpg
IMG_3077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240331_163644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,193 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 204.
#4001 5 years ago

I am finally a member!!! One of my absolute favorite pins and favorite movie series!!

I cant tell you how ecstatic I am!!!

#4002 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I am finally a member!!! One of my absolute favorite pins and favorite movie series!!

I cant tell you how ecstatic I am!!!

I'm glad you got one!

#4003 5 years ago

What fuses control the sound on LOTR?

I dont have a manual and ai could use some help. My sound went out.

#4004 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Did the sound go out completely, or is it muffled?

#4005 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

https://www.ipdb.org/files/4858/Stern_2003_The_Lord_of_the_Rings_English_Manual_complete.pdf

Also, there should be a fuse chart stapled inside the backbox with the boards.

#4006 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

If it’s just the sound and game otherwise is ok then it’s probably not a fuse, you should start by checking if LEDs 201-204 are lit on I/O power driver board indicating it’s getting all the voltages

#4007 5 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Start by cleaning and checking the flipper button leaf switch.

Thanks for the advice. My left flipper button's leaf switch was missing a contact. I've got a new one on the way!

#4008 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Problem solved:

Fuses F8 and F9 control the sound

#4009 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Problem solved:
Fuses F8 and F9 control the sound

Nice work! I wonder what made them blow?

#4010 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Nice work! I wonder what made them blow?

I got the machine from a seller that tons of mods. He had the flipper button light up mods, but they were disconnected. I connected them and that did it.
I will have to explore it further. They should be able to connect with no problems.

#4011 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I got the machine from a seller that tons of mods. He had the flipper button light up mods, but they were disconnected. I connected them and that did it.
I will have to explore it further. They should be able to connect with no problems.

I'm surprised that it worked at all with 12V out, was LED203 out to point towards those two fuses?

#4012 5 years ago

FYI - I've made some Palantir Eye of Sauron mods available here on Pinside. For more information please go to this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/palantir-eye-of-sauron-crystal-sphere-mod-for-stern-lotr

#4013 5 years ago

I recently shared a new PinSound mix available for Download from the PinSound Community. Based on some feedback, I have revised my original LOTR hawknole mix and taken out all non-LOTR music. I sourced some new LOTR music and made some minor tweaks to some of the existing sound files.

http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/268-lotr-hawknole-pure/

#4014 5 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

I recently shared a new PinSound mix available for Download from the PinSound Community. Based on some feedback, I have revised my original LOTR hawknole mix and taken out all non-LOTR music. I sourced some new LOTR music and made some minor tweaks to some of the existing sound files.
http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/268-lotr-hawknole-pure/

What type of non-LOTR music did you have in the mix? I have been playing with it for a while and nothing comes to mind but maybe I just didn't notice or maybe I'm confusing the three different mixes I have on it.

#4015 5 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

What type of non-LOTR music did you have in the mix? I have been playing with it for a while and nothing comes to mind but maybe I just didn't notice or maybe I'm confusing the three different mixes I have on it.

My first mix has some Led Zeppelin: Moby Dick drums for Balrog intro, Misty Mountain Hop and Ramble On for multiball

#4016 5 years ago

I just bought a LOTR, and I seem to be missing a piece that covers the LED bulb pictured below. Does anyone have one or know where I can get one?

Screenshot_2019-03-14-16-41-45 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-03-14-16-41-45 (resized).png

#4017 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I just bought a LOTR, and I seem to be missing a piece that covers the LED bulb pictured below. Does anyone have one or know where I can get one?
[quoted image]

Congrats on your LOTR. I recommend replacing that LED flasher with the original red bulb for the proper eerie pulsing glow to go with the creepy ring wraith.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/04-0906R

#4018 5 years ago

Just for reference, there is no cover for that Ringwraith bulb.

#4019 5 years ago

Congrats on your LOTR. I recommend replacing that LED flasher with the original red bulb for the proper eerie pulsing glow to go with the creepy ring wraith.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/04-0906R

Quoted from Lamprey:

Just for reference, there is no cover for that Ringwraith bulb.

Ah! I thought it had a covering!

Thank you both for clarifying.

#4020 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Ah! I thought it had a covering!
Thank you both for clarifying.

That flasher just hanging out there drives me crazy. It's on my list to design a lighted Weathertop with hidden flashers that should really clean that area up.

#4021 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

That flasher just hanging out there drives me crazy. It's on my list to design a lighted Weathertop with hidden flashers that should really clean that area up.

Please let me know if you are selling a mod to cover it up. Im interested.

#4022 5 years ago

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with, @pinballcharlie.

#4023 5 years ago

Take my money...

#4024 5 years ago

Quoted from Daditude:

Please let me know if you are selling a mod to cover it up. Im interested.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with, pinballcharlie.

Quoted from paynemic:

Take my money...

It looks like you have a following of buyers.

#4025 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

[quoted image]

That's the one bulb in the game that isn't going to be nicely replaced by an LED. It's the only original bulb I have kept in mine. You really just can't beat the look of the incandescent pulse in that particular case. More importantly is the fact that an LED looks like crap when it is off, and that particular light is off almost all the time.

#4026 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

It looks like you have a following of buyers.

Quoted from ktownhero:

That's the one bulb in the game that isn't going to be nicely replaced by an LED. It's the only original bulb I have kept in mine. You really just can't beat the look of the incandescent pulse in that particular case. More importantly is the fact that an LED looks like crap when it is off, and that particular light is off almost all the time.

*gulp* No pressure here

#4027 5 years ago

*gulp* No pressure here

Hah, I didn't even see the posts about creating a proper LED replacement when I wrote that. It's a tall order, but I'm all for it! No pressure at all, just have fun with it There's nothing wrong with the one incandescent for now.

#4028 5 years ago

Watched a couple streams of LOTR, and now realize that my ring shot is definitely not where it should be.

I can basically never hit it on the fly, and even making the shot from trapping is even difficult.

My previous LOTR was much easier to hit the ring on, so I'm wondering if it has more to do with the angle of the ramp, or the spinner.

Anyone else ever have to make this kind of adjustment, and if so, what worked?

#4029 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Watched a couple streams of LOTR, and now realize that my ring shot is definitely not where it should be.
I can basically never hit it on the fly, and even making the shot from trapping is even difficult.
My previous LOTR was much easier to hit the ring on, so I'm wondering if it has more to do with the angle of the ramp, or the spinner.
Anyone else ever have to make this kind of adjustment, and if so, what worked?

There are a few posts in the thread where folks adjusted the ends up the spinner so that it means forward. This should help the ball to go under it without draining your velocity.

#4030 5 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

There are a few posts in the thread where folks adjusted the ends up the spinner so that it means forward. This should help the ball to go under it without draining your velocity.

I think that is what is happening. Anyone know where a link to that post might be?

I'll have to look into it when I get back home.

#4031 5 years ago

The bottom of the spinner starts moving forward as the arms start bending due to ball contact, ends toward the flippers and spinner towards the ring. If you're careful you can observe the deformation with your eyeballs and adjust it by bracing the spinner bracket with your hand while pushing the spinner towards the flippers. I usually take the spinner all the way out to make sure everything is at exact angles, both vertical and horizontal.

#4032 5 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

That's the one bulb in the game that isn't going to be nicely replaced by an LED.

My 14 year old incandescent flasher bulb is still going strong.

#4033 5 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

There's nothing wrong with the one incandescent for now.

Actually, there is nothing wrong with 100% Incandescent...

#4034 5 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Actually, there is nothing wrong with 100% Incandescent...

I agree. I have put LEDs in everything until LOTR. The bulbs seem correct. I did install Pinstadiums though. I have the GI integration module but no flashers. They are the first mod anyone should do to about any pin IMO.

#4035 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

[quoted image]

Bulb Caps/Condoms from Pinball Life

https://www.pinballlife.com/bulb-capscondoms.html

#4036 5 years ago

Those are too small for a flasher, they are 555 size.

#4037 5 years ago

To those who picked up a LOTR semi recently, what have you guys been paying? I've looked at the archived ads and it seems like 6,000 +/- 500 is average. Thoughts?

#4038 5 years ago

Seems that’s the going rate. Color dmd would need to be on it for 6k in my opinion unless it’s mint

#4039 5 years ago

Yup, $6k. I paid close to that for mine recently but it is absolutely mint. HOU with a new hundred balls played, manual never out of the bag, and complete extras bag. It's a keeper for me. I have installed the Pinbits plastics protectors, Pinstadiums, ColorDMD, but am debating a set of Cliffys. Being HOU and now with me on home play I can't see it getting enough use for things to really wear, other than the shooter lane. The Gollum VUK worried me with its multiple tries to stick the landing above but I've got that sorted now. I've typically Cliffy'd my other games that already had a little wear but am undecided on this one.

Thoughts?

#4040 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinash:

To those who picked up a LOTR semi recently, what have you guys been paying? I've looked at the archived ads and it seems like 6,000 +/- 500 is average. Thoughts?

$6600 but it’s a loaded pristine HUO game with Color DMD, upgraded speakers, and just tons of other mods. I also got it from a buddy so I think I got a good deal on it. They don’t seem to pop up for sale that often.

#4041 5 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Those are too small for a flasher, they are 555 size.

8977DEDB-86FA-43C4-8A2F-31A18308805A.jpeg8977DEDB-86FA-43C4-8A2F-31A18308805A.jpeg
#4042 5 years ago

Yikes....that looks painfull. Nobody needs an LED there that bad.

That thing needs a Magnum bulb condom

#4043 5 years ago

Where there is a will, there is a way.

#4044 5 years ago

Finally joined the club! Found an awesome one owner huo with 250 plays. 8 hour round trip but was so worth it. Already ordered some mods and was wondering what you guys think and side blades? Which ones? I have mirrors on my others but i think this one would look better with some art.

#4045 5 years ago
Quoted from SpinnerAddict:

Finally joined the club! Found an awesome one owner huo with 250 plays. 8 hour round trip but was so worth it. Already ordered some mods and was wondering what you guys think and side blades? Which ones? I have mirrors on my others but i think this one would look better with some art.

How was the Long Island traffic ?

#4046 5 years ago

I am torn between sillyoldelf side art or mirror blades. I’m going to wait and decide.

#4047 5 years ago
Quoted from jsm172:

I am torn between sillyoldelf side art or mirror blades. I’m going to wait and decide.

Here's what i have. I like it a lot.

1552838715946404501318 (resized).jpg1552838715946404501318 (resized).jpg
#4048 5 years ago
Quoted from jsm172:

Sillyoldelf all the way!

#4049 5 years ago

Sillyoldelf is out of stock

#4050 5 years ago

What has everyone done with the plain clear ball? Color changing? A mod?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 12.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 25.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

There are 10,193 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 204.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-lord-of-the-rings-journey-begins-members-club/page/81?hl=jsm172 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.