IMG_7027 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7019 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4036 (resized).jpg
IMG_4034 (resized).jpg
IMG_3077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240331_163644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,193 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 204.
#3951 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Did you finally pull the trigger on the game?

Just waiting for the weather to break. Seller knows I am in no hurry as I am still expecting my MBLE to show up any day!

#3952 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Here is a pic of my mirror blades:[quoted image]

That’s the gold? Looks great

#3953 5 years ago

Anyone have any spare individual aotd figures? Since they come in sets of three and it takes 4 to do the version with each lit figure representing a lane, I figure a few people have spares. I would like to buy at least one spare.

#3954 5 years ago

Also, my Gollum shot NEVER sticks. It’s always a silly bounce shot that stays in. Anyone have this problem? My last lotr didn’t. Has anyone tried to modify things so direct shots at least sometimes stay in?

#3955 5 years ago

Can anyone take a few pictures of the Gandalf area on shadowfax? I am doing a ship job and the plastics and protectors behind him seem bent and posts are leaning. Just want to make sure I don’t have something in the wrong place

#3956 5 years ago
Quoted from jsm172:

Can anyone take a few pictures of the Gandalf area on shadowfax? I am doing a ship job and the plastics and protectors behind him seem bent and posts are leaning. Just want to make sure I don’t have something in the wrong place

Here you go:
0843AE14-6FC0-43B8-A130-8945B88B66CB (resized).jpeg0843AE14-6FC0-43B8-A130-8945B88B66CB (resized).jpeg1F2F6E91-11B7-4789-90FC-A946892CFFD0 (resized).jpeg1F2F6E91-11B7-4789-90FC-A946892CFFD0 (resized).jpeg682D3E00-8C8E-42B4-A104-E0BB215DC129 (resized).jpeg682D3E00-8C8E-42B4-A104-E0BB215DC129 (resized).jpegB2766A20-8B2B-42F6-B1B1-2086513DE723 (resized).jpegB2766A20-8B2B-42F6-B1B1-2086513DE723 (resized).jpegD022450C-C83A-4694-99B7-592BA38E3B0B (resized).jpegD022450C-C83A-4694-99B7-592BA38E3B0B (resized).jpegE71429F1-BCA6-45A7-A4B0-5A9FB087DAD1 (resized).jpegE71429F1-BCA6-45A7-A4B0-5A9FB087DAD1 (resized).jpegEC0D2799-6BB5-4EC6-9507-236287423B95 (resized).jpegEC0D2799-6BB5-4EC6-9507-236287423B95 (resized).jpeg

#3957 5 years ago

Thanks!

#3958 5 years ago

After doing a few test games, I have found that fidgeting with the left flipper assembly did not fix my weak flipper. My flipper was far stronger before I put in the medium strength coils. I have resoldered my connections, checked my EOS, and check to make sure the assembly slides through the sleeve/coil freely. I'm not sure what else to check at this point. I'm probably just going to put my old flipper coil on tonight.

Added over 5 years ago:

This was not the fault of the medium strength coil at all. I was missing a contact on the left flipper button's leaf switch. The coils feel snappy and far better

#3959 5 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

After doing a few test games, I have found that fidgeting with the left flipper assembly did not fix my weak flipper. My flipper was far stronger before I put in the medium strength coils. I have resoldered my connections, checked my EOS, and check to make sure the assembly slides through the sleeve/coil freely. I'm not sure what else to check at this point. I'm probably just going to put my old flipper coil on tonight.

Switch the coil back but try to leave everything else as in tact as possible. That way you can determine if it is the coil or something that you incorrectly reassembled.

#3960 5 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Anyone have any spare individual aotd figures? Since they come in sets of three and it takes 4 to do the version with each lit figure representing a lane, I figure a few people have spares. I would like to buy at least one spare.

I just put the KOTD in the back corner of the POTD. I had the set but more than one just looked too crowded to me. I can still see the ball and lanes very clearly and nudge as needed which I like but it still has the presence of the dead figure without looking like a toy factory. Subtlety can get lost these days pretty easily.

#3961 5 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I just put the KOTD in the back corner of the POTD. I had the set but more than one just looked too crowded to me. I can still see the ball and lanes very clearly and nudge as needed which I like but it still has the presence of the dead figure without looking like a toy factory. Subtlety can get lost these days pretty easily.

That’s my plan as well. Any pics?

#3962 5 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

That’s a good point. I’d love to see a pic. Do you have a spare or two then?

#3963 5 years ago

https://test.pinballrom.com/the-lord-of-the-rings.html

Added Feature Adjustment 36 "EXTENDED ATTRACT MODE". Can be set ON or OFF (default is OFF). When ON, the 4th then every 8th pass through attract mode will show the One Ring poem and accompanying light show. I DO NOT recommend you turn this on in a location game as it will tax the Ring and Eye flashers.

#3964 5 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Mine arrived like that and it is decent. The added bonus is the figure them works to cushion the ball from hitting the side wall.

I think the platform with 3 figures looks great. I think 4 might look crowded, but I can see the ball and path just fine with 3. I don't have them standing right over top the path, just along the back and right side. And I don't put one way up front.

#3965 5 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

That’s a good point. I’d love to see a pic. Do you have a spare or two then?

It's disconnected right now from other work but here you guys go. This is my DIY POTD setup.

20190306_155348 (resized).jpg20190306_155348 (resized).jpg
#3966 5 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

It's disconnected right now from other work but here you guys go. This is my DIY POTD setup.
[quoted image]

If you're only going to have 1 figure, is there any point having that large clear piece that covers the POTD?

#3967 5 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

If you're only going to have 1 figure, is there any point having that large clear piece that covers the POTD?

Yes, it looks totally boss. JK, I don't really talk like that lol

The original plan was to add the three figures but I didn't like the way it looked. It was too crowded and it blocked the POTD lane indicators on the back board to much for me. I think the plastic looks pretty slick and in line with what is coming out stock now as far as protectors goes so I left it. I think it would look weird with just a block of plastic at the top but maybe that's just because I am used to it.

#3968 5 years ago

I really, really wish I installed the NVRAM I got right before I did this but it has to go away forever. My best score yet by at least 2x.

20190307_153920.jpg20190307_153920.jpg
#3969 5 years ago

My Ring magnet is not grabbing the ball. Fuse 20 is good. Connector to magnet is good, though that diode stuck in there is a new on on me. The spinner registers hits. What am I missing?

Added over 5 years ago:

See post #4136 for update on resolution and a tip on how not to screw things up more...

#3970 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

My Ring magnet is not grabbing the ball. Fuse 20 is good. Connector to magnet is good, though that diode stuck in there is a new on on me. The spinner registers hits. What am I missing?

Does the magnet work in solenoid test? Does the opto in the ring register in switch test?

#3971 5 years ago

Question on ball trough maintenance. When there are only 2 balls in the trough, they dont have enough weight to roll down to the vuk. I have to shake the machine to get them to roll. The switches seem normally positioned. It just seems like they arre sticking to the wallshat is a good strategy to solve this? Clean and polish the trough?

15520121110493429088734388621142 (resized).jpg15520121110493429088734388621142 (resized).jpg1552012246442712622873461540078 (resized).jpg1552012246442712622873461540078 (resized).jpg
#3972 5 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

Mine arrived like that and it is decent. The added bonus is the figure them works to cushion the ball from hitting the side wall.
I think the platform with 3 figures looks great. I think 4 might look crowded, but I can see the ball and path just fine with 3. I don't have them standing right over top the path, just along the back and right side. And I don't put one way up front.

Here is how 4 potd figures look on my machine. I modified one duplicate to make him look different from his twin, and gave him a different weapon. The clear platform came from a mod maker who wired it to light up each figure solid or blinking according to the path lighting patterns. So it still gives functional guidance on which lane to nudge toward by lighting the figures. Im pretty happy with it.

15520125548252576860518331948436 (resized).jpg15520125548252576860518331948436 (resized).jpg
#3973 5 years ago
Quoted from PhantomO:

Question on ball trough maintenance. When there are only 2 balls in the trough, they dont have enough weight to roll down to the vuk. I have to shake the machine to get them to roll. The switches seem normally positioned. It just seems like they arre sticking to the wallshat is a good strategy to solve this? Clean and polish the trough?
[quoted image][quoted image]

You can clean the trough, sure wouldn't hurt. But I think your balls may be magnetized. Have you tried new balls?

#3974 5 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

You can clean the trough, sure wouldn't hurt. But I think your balls may be magnetized. Have you tried new balls?

Good point. These are new chromed balls prone to magnetism. The ring magnet must have affected them. I have regular balls I can swap in. The chrome ones will have to go into my Phantom...

#3975 5 years ago

You may also be able to adjust your front roller switch if it sits a bit high.

#3976 5 years ago
Quoted from PhantomO:

Here is how 4 potd figures look on my machine. I modified one duplicate to make him look different from his twin, and gave him a different weapon. The clear platform came from a mod maker who wired it to light up each figure solid or blinking according to the path lighting patterns. So it still gives functional guidance on which lane to nudge toward by lighting the figures. Im pretty happy with it.
[quoted image]

Looks great - feel like sharing the info of the guy who made the plastic?

#3978 5 years ago
Quoted from PhantomO:

[quoted image]

Why did you decide to go with the big white acorn nuts?

#3979 5 years ago

Not sure if I should post here or in the LED OCD thread, but....

When you are in a mode and it says to shoot the flashing shots (Usually the Red Triangle inserts), the way they pulse/flash it's almost hard to tell they are flashing. I've watched some game videos and even with the incandescent bulbs it's not super obvious that they are "flashing."

Does anyone have any tips/settings for LED OCD to help see the flashing on the red triangle inserts?

#3980 5 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

Looks great - feel like sharing the info of the guy who made the plastic?

I got the wired platform from these folks, but replaced their figures with original armies of middle earth figs. More detailed.
https://www.pinballbulbs.com/products/lord-rings-interactive-army-dead-mod

#3981 5 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Why did you decide to go with the big white acorn nuts?

I think the acorns came with the kit. What would look better? I wish there were skull caps to put over the acorns.

#3983 5 years ago
Quoted from PhantomO:

No, here...https://www.pinballbulbs.com/products/lord-rings-interactive-army-dead-mod

He was asking about the plastic. The plastic was designed and sold by Pinbits. Either pinballbulbs got it from Pinbits or they copied it exactly.

#3984 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

He was asking about the plastic. The plastic was designed and sold by Pinbits. Either pinballbulbs got it from Pinbits or they copied it exactly.

I asked about the plastic, but actually meant the pre-wired plastic. PhantomO read my mind!

#3985 5 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Does the magnet work in solenoid test? Does the opto in the ring register in switch test?

The magnet does not work in solenoid test (with the coin door closed!). The opto works in switch test.

#3986 5 years ago
Quoted from PhantomO:

I think the acorns came with the kit. What would look better? I wish there were skull caps to put over the acorns.

Are there threaded posts sticking up from underneath? I just used 4 low profile pan head screws from the top on mine which you can see in the pic above.

#3987 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

The magnet does not work in solenoid test (with the coin door closed!). The opto works in switch test.

You said fuse f20 is good. Did you pull it out of the holder and check it with a meter?

#3988 5 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

You said fuse f20 is good. Did you pull it out of the holder and check it with a meter?

Yes, I pulled the fuses out of the holder to check them. I will meter the connector at the magnet today to see if it is receiving voltage during the test.

#3989 5 years ago

Hi all. Joined the club today. Thanks Coz !

Have an issue with the Gimli VUK switch not working properly. I read in a couple of threads that this is common. Some folks suggested using 180-5209-00 rather than the original forked switch. Any reason not to?

Also since I will be ordering some parts, any other things I should have on hand for this title? The game is in great shape, but I wouldn't mind having a few likely to need parts ready to go.

thanks!

#3990 5 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Also since I will be ordering some parts, any other things I should have on hand for this title? The game is in great shape, but I wouldn't mind having a few likely to need parts ready to go.

I've had mine since 2003, other than lamps and parts from Tech Notes, here's what I replaced so far:

Flipper rubbers
VUK Switches
Ring Magnet drive transistor
NVRAM so I could remove batteries

Other thoughts: The Whitestar series was my favorite board set from Stern as there are very few SMDs, although I have to admit SAM is probably Sterns best board set.

#3991 5 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Hi all. Joined the club today. Thanks coz !
Have an issue with the Gimli VUK switch not working properly. I read in a couple of threads that this is common. Some folks suggested using 180-5209-00 rather than the original forked switch. Any reason not to?
thanks!

I just joined the club myself last weekend and the Gimli switches are coming in the mail as we speak. I broke the switch trying to bend it upwards as it wasn’t registering. I also ordered the Star Trek switch to try it in there. This same VUK switch (the stock switch) is used in TSPP to kick the ball up to the living room upper playfield and I replaced it every 4 months or so. Drove me nuts. Will report back on the ST switch if I use it.

#3992 5 years ago

St switch works perfectly. Requires a little bending.

#3993 5 years ago

Awesome, thanks folks. Getting the ST VUK switches, NVRAM, and some fresh rings to put in.

#3994 5 years ago

My ST switch is still working after hundreds of plays.

#3995 5 years ago

Can someone tell me what size spacers go on the spotlight plastics?

5596B02F-2057-43D7-A9F5-CC0B8A9F75F6 (resized).jpeg5596B02F-2057-43D7-A9F5-CC0B8A9F75F6 (resized).jpegC51185B2-6EA2-4FBB-9F75-3C2BD143A7C7 (resized).jpegC51185B2-6EA2-4FBB-9F75-3C2BD143A7C7 (resized).jpeg
#3997 5 years ago
Quoted from jsm172:

Can someone tell me what size spacers go on the spotlight plastics?
[quoted image][quoted image]

The one by sword tip is one inch and 1/8. The left side is 1 inch.

#3999 5 years ago

So my left flipper is strong when I press the flipper button lightly, and super weak when I press the button hard or slap it. I figured it was an EOS switch issue, but I've adjusted that a lot and nothing seems to help. Any ideas?

#4000 5 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

So my left flipper is strong when I press the flipper button lightly, and super weak when I press the button hard or slap it. I figured it was an EOS switch issue, but I've adjusted that a lot and nothing seems to help. Any ideas?

Start by cleaning and checking the flipper button leaf switch.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
€ 7.50
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 25.00
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 12.95
$ 18.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,193 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 204.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-lord-of-the-rings-journey-begins-members-club/page/80 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.