IMG_0841 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0840 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2852 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240315-080536 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240315-080458 (resized).png
IMG_8433.jpeg
IMG_2627 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,137 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 203.
#3151 5 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

I have it in my X-Men le and honestly can't tell the difference.

The originals in X-men le were probably better than the older original LOTR speakers.

#3152 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Just curious to know what pegs setting was default for the outlane post?
Mine was on the bottom (easiest) when I got the game, but I've moved it to the middle.
When I watch the PAPA Vlainor tutorial, the peg is also on the bottom like mine was initially, so I have no clue.

Mine was in the middle from the factory...

#3153 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Mine was in the middle from the factory...

Same here

#3154 5 years ago

So I noticed last night my cabinet speaker wasn’t making any sound. After some testing it seems like the output from the CPU/Audio board is broken. It’s just a steady buzzing sound.

Common or simple fix? I’ve been planning to put PinSound in but didn’t want to deal with the board work... this might be forcing my hand.

#3155 5 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I put in Flipper Fidelity in my LOTR. It was well worth it. You can hear more things now. Some stuff was hard to hear before.

Such as?

I know with MMR, you can hear some of the effects, like the castle gate clanking as it opens.

I had to get the small sub for it since the troll carriage goes down deep into the can, so the bass is limited (which is fine by me).

I'm debating whether to put the new speakers in my LOTR or TWD.

#3156 5 years ago

Definitely the middle pegs. Most routed machines will have them all the way up and most home machines have them already down. Best way to Valinor is to start with the pegs.

#3157 5 years ago
Quoted from ruzeo:

Definitely the middle pegs. Most routed machines will have them all the way up and most home machines have them already down. Best way to Valinor is to start with the pegs.

I was 3 shots away from Valinor with pegs at bottom. Just one ramp shot, and two ring shots, and it would have been glory!

Moved pegs to the middle and the journey shall continue...

#3158 5 years ago

I had a great game yesterday. I was able to get to and complete there and back again for the first time. What an amazing game. I'll never be selling mine.

20180721_183131 (resized).jpg20180721_183131 (resized).jpg
#3159 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Such as?
I know with MMR, you can hear some of the effects, like the castle gate clanking as it opens.
I had to get the small sub for it since the troll carriage goes down deep into the can, so the bass is limited (which is fine by me).
I'm debating whether to put the new speakers in my LOTR or TWD.

I recall some of the characters speech was hard to hear when music was playing. I can now hear all the talking. Do the LOTR.

#3160 5 years ago

And here my results with my own custom cards:

"The Lord of The Rings Custom Pinball Card - Rules" (STERN) printed in chrome vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 1).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/The%20Lord%20of%20The%20Rings%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Rules%20print1.jpg

"The Lord of The Rings Custom Pinball Card - Rules" (STERN) printed in chrome vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 2).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/The%20Lord%20of%20The%20Rings%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Rules%20print2.jpg

The Lord of The Rings Custom Pinball Card - Rules print1.JPGThe Lord of The Rings Custom Pinball Card - Rules print1.JPGThe Lord of The Rings Custom Pinball Card - Rules print2.JPGThe Lord of The Rings Custom Pinball Card - Rules print2.JPG

*I take bigger screenshots and photos, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.

My original design here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-lord-of-the-rings-journey-begins-members-club/page/62#post-4459405

Regards

#3161 5 years ago

Beautiful cards! Love the chrome and gloss effects!

#3162 5 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Beautiful cards! Love the chrome and gloss effects!

Hi FlippyD!

Thank for your comment!

It is very difficult to print in chrome material with a lighting background, like this case. I will try to improve result ahead. For example: Logo maybe needs a overwhelming outter effect, a darker background map, even a normal print in photo paper.

I refused to print other cards designed by me in chrome vinyl, like Hook Cards (DATA EAST) because a light background (map again). Here are:

https://zonaarcade.forumcommunity.net/?t=60690144#entry432857745

*I forgot it, I did a test with chrome vinyl. You can see it in up of this thread.

Regards!

#3163 5 years ago

I still have a set of these available. Very cool addition to your LOTR. PM me if interested.

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple) - “These are brand new custom apron magnets. Very high quality!! Use these to cover up the girls on your LOTR Apron. Please see photos. $24 + $6 shipping. Sorry, magnets are expensive...”
2018-09-29
Howell, MI
24 (Firm)
Archived after: 42 days
Viewed: 273 times

#3164 5 years ago

I show my Crew Custom Card printed!

If you want to check original design and details, here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-lord-of-the-rings-journey-begins-members-club/page/62#post-4464789

"The Lord of The Rings Custom Pinball Card - Crew" (STERN) printed in chrome vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 1).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/The%20Lord%20of%20The%20Rings%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Crew%20print1.jpg

"The Lord of The Rings Custom Pinball Card - Crew" (STERN) printed in chrome vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 2).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/The%20Lord%20of%20The%20Rings%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Crew%20print2.jpg
The Lord of The Rings Custom Pinball Card - Crew print1.JPGThe Lord of The Rings Custom Pinball Card - Crew print1.JPGThe Lord of The Rings Custom Pinball Card - Crew print2.JPGThe Lord of The Rings Custom Pinball Card - Crew print2.JPG

*I take bigger screenshots and photos, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.

#3165 5 years ago

Does this make any sense...

Tracing the speaker wires, it looks like CN4 is where it all connects.

The kit I got from PinballPro has a molex with 4 female contacts, but CN4 has 6 pins.

However, when I look at the factory molex, it the bottom two spots on the molex are unused, so in actuality, only 4 pinsare used.

Does this look right?

IMG_20180729_185133 (resized).jpgIMG_20180729_185133 (resized).jpg
#3166 5 years ago

Not bad for a $10 comic book store find

IMG_20180730_201308.jpgIMG_20180730_201308.jpgIMG_20180730_201541.jpgIMG_20180730_201541.jpg
#3167 5 years ago

Is that a legit pinball topper, or just something you made into one? I love it either way.

#3168 5 years ago
Quoted from FlipsMcgee:

Is that a legit pinball topper, or just something you made into one? I love it either way.

It was a toy that I put Velcro on and an LED strip in front of

#3169 5 years ago

Is anyone still making a left (legolas) ramp air ball protector? Not the one that comes from the factory, but near the path of the dead?

Like this guy:

air ball protector (resized).jpgair ball protector (resized).jpg
#3170 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Is anyone still making a left (legolas) ramp air ball protector? Not the one that comes from the factory, but near the path of the dead?
Like this guy:[quoted image]

People made their own. Lexan from home depot or lowes and a jigsaw is what you need.

#3171 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Does this make any sense...
Tracing the speaker wires, it looks like CN4 is where it all connects.
The kit I got from PinballPro has a molex with 4 female contacts, but CN4 has 6 pins.
However, when I look at the factory molex, it the bottom two spots on the molex are unused, so in actuality, only 4 pinsare used.
Does this look right?
[quoted image]

Are you adding new speakers? My guess is this will be fine. If memory serves me correctly, SP3 originally ran to the cabinet and SP2 ran to the the speaker panel via a mono split.

#3172 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Like this guy:[quoted image]

This might suffice...

36EB50A4-3327-4E24-A122-77C61DCC54CD (resized).jpeg36EB50A4-3327-4E24-A122-77C61DCC54CD (resized).jpeg
#3173 5 years ago

Going to troubleshoot next weekend: the eject from the trough to the shooter lane sometimes takes 2 to 4 times before the ball ends up coming out. Has anyone seen this? Seems like it's just going to be an adjustment to the coil angle unless i'm missing something??? Any guidance is appreciated.

#3174 5 years ago
Quoted from jchybro:

Going to troubleshoot next weekend: the eject from the trough to the shooter lane sometimes takes 2 to 4 times before the ball ends up coming out. Has anyone seen this? Seems like it's just going to be an adjustment to the coil angle unless i'm missing something??? Any guidance is appreciated.

Check the trough scoop cover, the welds crack on it over time and can definitely cause unreliable kick outs.

#3175 5 years ago
Quoted from jchybro:

Make sure though is clear, seen bulbs come out of spots and find their way in bottom of trough. Make sure coil is tight too.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3176 5 years ago

And printed my last card of the serie!

Original design and details, here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-lord-of-the-rings-journey-begins-members-club/page/62#post-4471364

"The Lord of The Rings Custom Pinball Card - Free Play" (STERN) printed in chrome vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 1).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/The%20Lord%20of%20The%20Rings%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Free%20Play%20print1.jpg

"The Lord of The Rings Custom Pinball Card - Free Play" (STERN) printed in chrome vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 2).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/The%20Lord%20of%20The%20Rings%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Free%20Play%20print2.jpg
The Lord of The Rings Custom Pinball Card - Free Play print1.JPGThe Lord of The Rings Custom Pinball Card - Free Play print1.JPGThe Lord of The Rings Custom Pinball Card - Free Play print2.jpgThe Lord of The Rings Custom Pinball Card - Free Play print2.jpg

Regards

#3177 5 years ago

Cleaned the trough up and it did better after bit still took a couple times to get a ball to the shooter lane about 1/2 the time. Did some more poking around and found coils were set to soft/low power in the config. Set to normal and Now it works 100%. Always glad when it was something so easy.

#3178 5 years ago
Quoted from jchybro:

Cleaned the trough up and it did better after bit still took a couple times to get a ball to the shooter lane about 1/2 the time. Did some more poking around and found coils were set to soft/low power in the config. Set to normal and Now it works 100%. Always glad when it was something so easy.

If you have any more problems then check to make sure the trough welds are not cracked apart.

#3179 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

If you have any more problems then check to make sure the trough welds are not cracked apart.

Thanks! Yes i did look and the welds are in good shape.

#3180 5 years ago

My LOTR reset!!!! Then wouldn't stay booted beyond a few seconds into the attract mode and the insert lights kind-of froze... GI relay kept clicking every few seconds...

WTF, i thought...

...so i looked around Pinside and found the ribbon cable at CN1 could just be loose or need replacing.

Found 2, maybe 3, of the pins at CN1 had some corrosion! My game has NVRAM fitted and no sign of ANY corrosion anywhere else...

How could this have happened??? Do you think the pins and/or ribbon cable need replacing?
IMG_1406 (resized).JPGIMG_1406 (resized).JPG

#3181 5 years ago

Hi guys looking for some help, i apologize if this question was answered in the thread earlier an i missed it, when i start a game my balrog is where his meant to be blocking the ring press start an he swings in to start playing, then later when he pops out in bash balrog after its over he remains out blocking the ring an does not swing in, can anyone help me on what the issue is an where to start looking please? Thanks in advance.

#3182 5 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

Hi guys looking for some help, i apologize if this question was answered in the thread earlier an i missed it, when i start a game my balrog is where his meant to be blocking the ring press start an he swings in to start playing, then later when he pops out in bash balrog after its over he remains out blocking the ring an does not swing in, can anyone help me on what the issue is an where to start looking please? Thanks in advance.

There is a small PCB with a relay mounted to it under the playfield near Balrog. Over time this PCB can develop cold/broken solder joints. Reflow the solder joints on that board and see if that helps.

#3183 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

There is a small PCB with a relay mounted to it under the playfield near Balrog. Over time this PCB can develop cold/broken solder joints. Reflow the solder joints on that board and see if that helps.

I had that, and this fixed it

#3184 5 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

My LOTR reset!!!! Then wouldn't stay booted beyond a few seconds into the attract mode and the insert lights kind-of froze... GI relay kept clicking every few seconds...
WTF, i thought...
...so i looked around Pinside and found the ribbon cable at CN1 could just be loose or need replacing.
Found 2, maybe 3, of the pins at CN1 had some corrosion! My game has NVRAM fitted and no sign of ANY corrosion anywhere else...
How could this have happened??? Do you think the pins and/or ribbon cable need replacing?
[quoted image]

If it were me, I'd try "roughing up" the pins. Use some steel wool or some high grit sand paper (say 800+) to get rid of the corrosion. I'd also assume that the ribbon cable had some corrosion so I'd replace that.

Another option that may seem silly, but works surprisingly well is DeoxIT 5:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006LVEU/

We've ben using it for arcade connectors and it is a miracle worker!

#3185 5 years ago

Having an issue where during DTR the magnet in the ring doesn't seem to catch like it does the rest of the game. Seems to take a lot more attempts than it does trying to start a mode for instance.

Is this normal?

#3186 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Having an issue where during DTR the magnet in the ring doesn't seem to catch like it does the rest of the game. Seems to take a lot more attempts than it does trying to start a mode for instance.
Is this normal?

Have you checked the spinner switch? When the spinner is spinning the switch causes the magnet to turn on. When the spinner stops spinning, if a ball is not in the ring the magnet should turn off.

#3187 5 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Have you checked the spinner switch? When the spinner is spinning the switch causes the magnet to turn on. When the spinner stops spinning, if a ball is not in the ring the magnet should turn off.

I'll check that out. It's strange because the magnet seems to hold the ball during regular gameplay but when I get to DTR it seems significantly harder to get the ball in the magnet. Almost seemed like it was intentionally designed that way for that mode but doesn't really make that much sense.

also I think the ramp may need an alignment fix. Can anyone take a photo of their ramp with maybe a straight edge ruler to show how closely the angle of the ramp lines up to the hole.

#3188 5 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

I would replace it, but that's just me. Most folks would probably just do a once over with a brass brush NOT a wire brush, and it will likely be fine. I would replace the ribbon cable for sure as the pins inside are going to be corroded.

#3189 5 years ago

Hello, I have a few more sets of these apron magnets available...

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple) - “These are brand new custom apron magnets. Very high quality!! Use these to cover up the girls on your LOTR Apron. Please see photos. $24 + $6 shipping. Sorry, magnets are expensive...”
2018-09-29
Howell, MI
24 (Firm)
Archived after: 42 days
Viewed: 273 times

1 week later
#3190 5 years ago

I have a LOTR incoming, can't wait to join the club. It was on eBay and I put in my highest bid then forgot about it and surprisingly I won! Chatting with the guy selling he definitely isn't a pinball person and having a closer look at the pictures I noticed this.

s-l1600 (9) (resized).jpgs-l1600 (9) (resized).jpg
#3191 5 years ago
Quoted from jsyjay:

I have a LOTR incoming, can't wait to join the club. It was on eBay and I put in my highest bid then forgot about it and surprisingly I won! Chatting with the guy selling he definitely isn't a pinball person and having a closer look at the pictures I noticed this. [quoted image]

To his defense, Stern's set up instructions say that the machine is factory set at 6.5 deg on the bubble with all the levelers screwed all the way in......

For me his replay score of 8 mil told me he isn't a pinball guy.......

Looks like a nice low play one........congrats!

#3192 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

To his defense, Stern's set up instructions say that the machine is factory set at 6.5 deg on the bubble with all the levelers screwed all the way in......
Looks like a nice low play one........congrats!

I didn't notice the replay score, good spot!

It is going to be interesting to see how many play it has, I'm guessing less than 500...

Thanks!

#3193 5 years ago
Quoted from jsyjay:

I didn't notice the replay score, good spot!
It is going to be interesting to see how many play it has, I'm guessing less than 500...
Thanks!

I'd also bet on original (old) ROMs........

#3194 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Eeeep... is 8mil low? OMG and my name is pin_guy!

#3195 5 years ago
Quoted from jsyjay:

I have a LOTR incoming, can't wait to join the club. It was on eBay and I put in my highest bid then forgot about it and surprisingly I won! Chatting with the guy selling he definitely isn't a pinball person and having a closer look at the pictures I noticed this.

Great looking game, congratulations and welcome to the club! This is a game I'll never part with, I've had mine for nearly 15 years now and still love it!

#3196 5 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Great looking game, congratulations and welcome to the club! This is a game I'll never part with, I've had mine for nearly 15 years now and still love it!

Thanks Pin_Guy, I played the LE at PHOF recently and was hooked after that!

I have loads of mods on order: Sillyoldelf art blades, lit Mt. Doom, ryan1234 habitrail mod, shire decal, target decals, gold flipper bats.

I have also ordered an LEDOCD which made a massive difference on my Spider-Man, can anyone share their settings?

It is a shame Jay isn't making the palantir mod any more...

#3197 5 years ago
Quoted from jsyjay:

I have loads of mods on order: Sillyoldelf art blades, lit Mt. Doom, ryan1234 habitrail mod, shire decal, target decals, gold flipper bats.
I have also ordered an LEDOCD which made a massive difference on my Spider-Man, can anyone share their settings?

I’d also highly recommend this Arwen plastic protector:

https://redshiftled.com.au/Plastic-stuff.php

#3198 5 years ago
Quoted from jsyjay:

I think the LEDOCD default settings for LOTR were pretty good. If I remember it was a delay of 2 and that seemed to look pretty good to me.

I'm going to do a palantir mod for myself. So, I might be able to make some more for other LOTR owners. The thing I don't know about Jay's mod is about the fader module. Is that just a capacitor or something more complex?

#3199 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

I’d also highly recommend this Arwen plastic protector:
https://redshiftled.com.au/Plastic-stuff.php

Ordered and went for a gold apron while I was there: https://redshiftled.com.au/Store.php#!/ABS-Apron-Gold/p/97183594/category=26390094

Quoted from Lamprey:

I think the LEDOCD default settings for LOTR were pretty good. If I remember it was a delay of 2 and that seemed to look pretty good to me.
I'm going to do a palantir mod for myself. So, I might be able to make some more for other LOTR owners. The thing I don't know about Jay's mod is about the fader module. Is that just a capacitor or something more complex?

I would definitely be interested if someone posted DIY instructions...

#3200 5 years ago

Hello,

Just saw this, sorry to have missed it. The shipping system on Pinside is still a bit early so it was unclear how I could properly charge for shipping in the store.

The shipping costs on eBay are calculated by eBay/PayPal/USPS, if there is a cheaper option I would use it, and am open to suggestions. When I added international shipping to the eBay store I checked other carriers and USPS was the lowest almost across the board.

Sorry shipping is so expensive

I have sent multiple coils to one region to be redistributed on the receiving end, but I recognize that is a pain.

Regards,

Andrew

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 12.95
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
There are 10,137 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-lord-of-the-rings-journey-begins-members-club/page/64?hl=ryandimx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.