Topic Stats

• 3,087 posts
  • 360 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by Mikonos
  • Topic is favorited by 198 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 642 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

The Lord of The Rings Custom Pinball Cards - Crew. Mikonos2.jpg
The Lord of The Rings Custom Pinball Cards - Crew. Mikonos1.jpg
65c5cb4de751377fa5e0c0615d029fdbb5f4abf7 (resized).jpg
The Lord of The Rings Custom Pinball Cards - Rules. Mikonos3.jpg
The Lord of The Rings Custom Pinball Cards - Rules. Mikonos2.jpg
The Lord of The Rings Custom Pinball Cards - Rules. Mikonos1.jpg
0 4 sterns (resized).jpg
0616181724_resized (resized).jpg
0616181723a_resized (resized).jpg
0616181723_resized (resized).jpg
IMG_20180614_204546(1) (resized).jpg
MVIMG_20180613_214527 (resized).jpg
88EC1CD8-AED6-46DB-B212-4C64B717A2C5 (resized).jpeg
467213B8-DC9E-40E5-A9F4-8FB91E306463 (resized).jpeg
DSC00478 (resized).JPG
DSC00477b (resized).jpg

There are 3088 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 62.
#3051 11 days ago
Quoted from hawknole:

More More
How do you switch between the mixes on pinsound?

You turn the volume down to zero a few times and then you’ll hear a chime, which indicates the mix is switched. If you have the headphone jack, just twist the knob back and forth a few times. If not, use the buttons in the coin slot to move the volume up and down to zero a few times. You might be able to do it with the volume knob on the Pinsound board itself, too, but that is obviously less convenient.

#3052 11 days ago

I've noticed a lot of games have the Galdalf on his horse figure, but mine has this one. Anyone know why?

MVIMG_20180613_214527 (resized).jpg
#3053 11 days ago
Quoted from Damien:

I've noticed a lot of games have the Galdalf on his horse figure, but mine has this one. Anyone know why?

I saw an explanation somewhere that the later LOTR's had that Gandalf. Maybe they ran out of stock. I think you can still find Gandalf the White on eBay if interested, try searching Gandalf AOME.

#3054 11 days ago

My machine came with a Gandalf the Grey as well, Gandalf the white on shadowfax is definitely worth it. the AOME sets will have any missing chars you need. Do some of the newer production runs also have chrome ramps instead of brass? unless I'm the only person who has the chrome ones, they look terrible compared to everyone elses brass ones.

#3055 10 days ago
Quoted from Damien:

Mine also has that Gandalf and I know for a fact it is a late run. (Early 2003 runs in the UK had skill posts, mine is I believe from 2006 as it has none, I wish I could verify but the manufacturing date sticker on the back is torn off). I'd say the explanation that they ran out of figures so this one was used in later runs is pretty plausible.

#3056 10 days ago
Quoted from Damien:

Stern ran into supply issues with that figurine; my machine (mfg date Dec 10, 2003) also came with Gandolf the Grey so it was not isolated to later runs. In addition to Gandolf the White, you will be missing 1 or 2 of the clear plastics that are needed to properly mount Gandolf on Shadowfax; fortunately, when I purchased this machine, I had also purchased the complete plastics set so I had all of the plastics needed to mount Gandolf on Shadowfax.

#3057 10 days ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Stern ran into supply issues with that figurine; my machine (mfg date Dec 10, 2003) also came with Gandolf the Grey so it was not isolated to later runs. In addition to Gandolf the White, you will be missing 1 or 2 of the clear plastics that are needed to properly mount Gandolf on Shadowfax; fortunately, when I purchased this machine, I had also purchased the complete plastics set so I had all of the plastics needed to mount Gandolf on Shadowfax.

Yeah, maybe I'll just stick with Gandalf the Grey and try to find a stick for him to hold.

#3058 10 days ago

I levelled my game today so the bubble sit between the two lines on the shooter Lane, but with my digital level between the slings, it's reading 6.3.

Higher on the pf it's at 6.5.

I know every game is different, as well as player preferences, but curious to know where you guys have you game set at?

#3059 10 days ago

Have all my DMD pins at 6.5 degrees on the playfield.

#3060 10 days ago

Been away for a while, does anyone here know if the mix issues for the pinsound Wool mix have been resolved?

Adam

#3061 10 days ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Have all my DMD pins at 6.5 degrees on the playfield.

Do you use a digital level?

#3062 10 days ago
Quoted from Damien:

Do you use a digital level?

I use this that I have for my wood working hobby and love it. It's super compact and I can get it in most places I want to on any PF I'm leveling.

iGaging AngleCube Digital Level + Bevel Gauge 2 in 1 amazon.com link »

#3063 10 days ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I use this that I have for my wood working hobby and love it. It's super compact and I can get it in most places I want to on any PF I'm leveling.
iGaging AngleCube Digital Level + Bevel Gauge 2 in 1 amazon.com link »

Yup, I have one of those as well.

Where on there pf do you gauge your 6.5 level?

I know for me, at the flipper gap, it's like 6.2 degrees, about 6.4 degrees between slings, and 6.6 in the middle of the pf.

#3064 9 days ago

I use my phone. I rotate the phone 180deg and confirm the number is the same both ways, which verifies the phone is properly zeroed. I take the reading at the center of the playfield. Same when checking the left/right is level.

#3065 9 days ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

I use my phone. I rotate the phone 180deg and confirm the number is the same both ways, which verifies the phone is properly zeroed. I take the reading at the center of the playfield. Same when checking the left/right is level.

Cool. I think I'm at about 6.5-6.6 in the middle.

I finished TABA for the first time last night. Pretty intense mode!

#3066 8 days ago

Seeing some very strange behavior after replacing the Balrog wiring harness. I took a photo of the connections on the switch and LED before I started and so I'm 99.9% certain I got this right, but would love some confirmation. Running out of potential causes so I feel like a sanity check is worthwhile if anybody could be so kind as to confirm.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-balrog-causing-constant-ball-launch

IMG_20180614_204546(1) (resized).jpg
#3067 8 days ago

Lord of the Rings Lighted Magnetic Hinge Covers in yellow:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1032-lighted-pinball-mods/01709-lord-of-the-rings-lighted-magnetic-hinge-covers-yellow

0 4 sterns (resized).jpg0616181723_resized (resized).jpg0616181723a_resized (resized).jpg0616181724_resized (resized).jpg
#3068 8 days ago
Quoted from mettle64:

Seeing some very strange behavior after replacing the Balrog wiring harness. I took a photo of the connections on the switch and LED before I started and so I'm 99.9% certain I got this right, but would love some confirmation. Running out of potential causes so I feel like a sanity check is worthwhile if anybody could be so kind as to confirm.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-balrog-causing-constant-ball-launch

That diode looks on backwards to me. EDIT - no, maybe it is on OK.

Also, the solder on the ground wire is very blobby.

When you have LOTR in switch test and you close that switch, what does it say?

RussM

#3069 8 days ago
Quoted from adamross:

Been away for a while, does anyone here know if the mix issues for the pinsound Wool mix have been resolved?
Adam

The volume issues? I don’t believe so, though last I read he was close, I think?

#3070 8 days ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

That diode looks on backwards to me. EDIT - no, maybe it is on OK.
Also, the solder on the ground wire is very blobby.
When you have LOTR in switch test and you close that switch, what does it say?
RussM

Plugged in the switch sans balrog mold. When the switch is closed, as it is by default when it's sitting in the Balrog, these switches are active:

4-BALL TROUGH #1 (LEFT) - #11
4-BALL TROUGH #2 - #12
4-BALL TROUGH #3 - #13
4-BALL TROUGH VUK OPTO - #14
4-BALL STACKING OPTO - #15
BALROG HIT - #28
BALROG OPEN - #31

When the switch is open, these switches are active:

4-BALL TROUGH #2 - #12
4-BALL TROUGH #3 - #13
BALROG OPEN - #31

So, closing the Balrog switch is activating the 4-Ball Stacking Opto, which is causing the constant ball launch.

I've completely replaced the Balrog switch and diode since taking the picture I included in my above post, but still seeing the same behavior.

#3071 6 days ago

Picked up a LOTR LE recently. Have a sporadic issue where balls won’t release from the “sword Lock”. The plastic plunger fires up and down rapidly but balls won’t release. Curious if this is a common issue and if anybody could recommend a solution, id appreciate it!

#3072 5 days ago
Quoted from Cserold:

balls won’t release from the “sword Lock”. The plastic plunger fires up and down rapidly but balls won’t release.

Are the balls magnetized and sticking together? Is the playfield angle 6.5deg? Are the wires secure on the plunger coil?

#3073 5 days ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Are the balls magnetized and sticking together?

Definitely make sure you have the correct balls, same thing happened to me when I picked up the game. It looks like they want to roll but since they grab each other there is not enough space for 2 to go down and the first one will get pulled back up the sword.

#3074 5 days ago

Just had one of those games... 5 gifts collexted, getting close to completing ROTK and FOTR, but just can't get the shots together!

It's pretty awesome how this game gives you a sense of being so close, but tying up those last few things feels like you actually have to climb Mordor!

#3075 4 days ago

Hi everybody!

It is for me a cry of joy to join this club!

I started to work in a custom pinball cards for "The Lord of the Rings" pinball. You can comment or suggestions for improvement. You are welcome!

I hope you like!

"The Lord of The Rings Custom Pinball Card - Rules" (STERN). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/The%20Lord%20of%20The%20Rings%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Rules.%20Mikonos1.jpg

Details in "The Lord of The Rings Custom Pinball Card - Rules" (STERN). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/The%20Lord%20of%20The%20Rings%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Rules.%20Mikonos2.jpg
The Lord of The Rings Custom Pinball Cards - Rules. Mikonos1.jpgThe Lord of The Rings Custom Pinball Cards - Rules. Mikonos2.jpg

I take bigger screenshots and photos, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.

Regards

#3076 3 days ago

Man, they are nice !

#3077 3 days ago

Hi BENETNATH!

Thanks for your comment!

I just sharped pillow emboss effect in letters. I do not know if print machine will capture it.

Details in "The Lord of The Rings Custom Pinball Card - Rules" (STERN). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/The%20Lord%20of%20The%20Rings%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Rules.%20Mikonos3.jpg

The Lord of The Rings Custom Pinball Cards - Rules. Mikonos3.jpg

I take bigger screenshots and photos, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.

Regards

#3078 3 days ago

They look very good man, you are going to make an apron also?
Regards

#3079 3 days ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Are the balls magnetized and sticking together? Is the playfield angle 6.5deg? Are the wires secure on the plunger coil?

Awesome ideas. I bet you are right and it’s the Balls sticking together. Appreciate the feedback.

#3080 3 days ago
Quoted from mettle64:

Plugged in the switch sans balrog mold. When the switch is closed, as it is by default when it's sitting in the Balrog, these switches are active:
4-BALL TROUGH #2 - #12
4-BALL TROUGH #3 - #13
4-BALL STACKING OPTO - #15
BALROG HIT - #28
BALROG OPEN - #31
When the switch is open, these switches are active:
4-BALL TROUGH #2 - #12
4-BALL TROUGH #3 - #13
BALROG OPEN - #31
So, closing the Balrog switch is activating the 4-Ball Stacking Opto, which is causing the constant ball launch.
I've completely replaced the Balrog switch and diode since taking the picture I included in my above post, but still seeing the same behavior.

OK, so you are having a Switch Matrix problem where when the balrog switch is closed, the 4-Ball Stacking Opto is also showing as closed.

Somewhere in the matrix a switch is wired wrong or had a bad or missing/broken diode or similar and it is causing a false hit on the 4-Ball Stacking Opto switch. You have to hunt down the problem.

I'd start with checking every switch in Column 1 of the matrix to see if any of them are hitting wrong or are otherwise not working correctly.

You have a manual with the switch matrix laid out to look at, yes?

RussM

#3081 2 days ago

The right ramp gate on my LOTR doesn't seem to swing freely, but it looks like maybe its intended to be like that. It basically stays it position if it swings up then on a weak shot would swing down again. Is that normal?

#3082 2 days ago
Quoted from RGAires:

They look very good man, you are going to make an apron also?
Regards

Hi RGAires!

Thanks for your comment!

Aprons (right, left and centre aprons)? What happened? Do you need a better aprons? I have ideas to improve original aprons with silver and gold metallic details. Imagination is the limit!

Regards

#3083 2 days ago
Quoted from Junglist:

The right ramp gate on my LOTR doesn't seem to swing freely, but it looks like maybe its intended to be like that. It basically stays it position if it swings up then on a weak shot would swing down again. Is that normal?

No that's not normal. Check to make sure the piece of the gate sticking out on the left isn't getting stuck on the plastic beside it preventing the gate from closing. Also if that is not the problem, try a bit of lube on the gate wire where it goes through the holes of the ramp.

#3084 1 day ago

Where can I get this cliffy protector in the Pippin lane under the blue rubber? It is posted in the LOTR gallery, I suppose I can try messaging the guy who posted it but didnt want to creep him about a picture he posted 5 years ago.

Almost all the machines I see for sale have serious wear underneath that blue rubber bracket including my own and this would stop the issue from happening or getting worse.

65c5cb4de751377fa5e0c0615d029fdbb5f4abf7 (resized).jpg
#3085 1 day ago
Quoted from ruzeo:

Where can I get this cliffy protector in the Pippin lane under the blue rubber? It is posted in the LOTR gallery, I suppose I can try messaging the guy who posted it but didnt want to creep him about a picture he posted 5 years ago.
Almost all the machines I see for sale have serious wear underneath that blue rubber bracket including my own and this would stop the issue from happening or getting worse.

Just ask cliffy for that protector. He doesn't advertise them, but he makes and sells it. I have one on my game too.

#3086 1 day ago
Quoted from ruzeo:

That gallery photo is of my machine.

More information on that particular Cliffy protector can be found on the thread below, which includes Cliff’s email address for special requests:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-thanks-for-the-fix-cliffy

#3087 1 day ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

That gallery photo is of my machine.

haha Indeed it is! I didn't want to bother you with pms but I appreciate you reaching out. Thank you Razorbak86 and PinballTilt

#3088 12 hours ago

"The Lord of The Rings Custom Pinball Card - Crew" (STERN). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/The%20Lord%20of%20The%20Rings%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Crew.%20Mikonos1.jpg

Details in "The Lord of The Rings Custom Pinball Card - Crew" (STERN). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/The%20Lord%20of%20The%20Rings%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Crew.%20Mikonos2.jpg
The Lord of The Rings Custom Pinball Cards - Crew. Mikonos1.jpgThe Lord of The Rings Custom Pinball Cards - Crew. Mikonos2.jpg

Regards

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 229.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballBulbs
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 9.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 15.00
Apparel - Unisex
ArcadeMade
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Bright Lights Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 63.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Wanted
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Atlanta, GA
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 40.00
There are 3088 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 62.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside