IMG_7027 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7019 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4036 (resized).jpg
IMG_4034 (resized).jpg
IMG_3077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240331_163644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,193 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 204.
#3051 5 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

More More
How do you switch between the mixes on pinsound?

You turn the volume down to zero a few times and then you’ll hear a chime, which indicates the mix is switched. If you have the headphone jack, just twist the knob back and forth a few times. If not, use the buttons in the coin slot to move the volume up and down to zero a few times. You might be able to do it with the volume knob on the Pinsound board itself, too, but that is obviously less convenient.

#3052 5 years ago

I've noticed a lot of games have the Galdalf on his horse figure, but mine has this one. Anyone know why?

MVIMG_20180613_214527 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20180613_214527 (resized).jpg
#3053 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I've noticed a lot of games have the Galdalf on his horse figure, but mine has this one. Anyone know why?

I saw an explanation somewhere that the later LOTR's had that Gandalf. Maybe they ran out of stock. I think you can still find Gandalf the White on eBay if interested, try searching Gandalf AOME.

#3054 5 years ago

My machine came with a Gandalf the Grey as well, Gandalf the white on shadowfax is definitely worth it. the AOME sets will have any missing chars you need. Do some of the newer production runs also have chrome ramps instead of brass? unless I'm the only person who has the chrome ones, they look terrible compared to everyone elses brass ones.

#3055 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Mine also has that Gandalf and I know for a fact it is a late run. (Early 2003 runs in the UK had skill posts, mine is I believe from 2006 as it has none, I wish I could verify but the manufacturing date sticker on the back is torn off). I'd say the explanation that they ran out of figures so this one was used in later runs is pretty plausible.

#3056 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Stern ran into supply issues with that figurine; my machine (mfg date Dec 10, 2003) also came with Gandolf the Grey so it was not isolated to later runs. In addition to Gandolf the White, you will be missing 1 or 2 of the clear plastics that are needed to properly mount Gandolf on Shadowfax; fortunately, when I purchased this machine, I had also purchased the complete plastics set so I had all of the plastics needed to mount Gandolf on Shadowfax.

#3057 5 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Stern ran into supply issues with that figurine; my machine (mfg date Dec 10, 2003) also came with Gandolf the Grey so it was not isolated to later runs. In addition to Gandolf the White, you will be missing 1 or 2 of the clear plastics that are needed to properly mount Gandolf on Shadowfax; fortunately, when I purchased this machine, I had also purchased the complete plastics set so I had all of the plastics needed to mount Gandolf on Shadowfax.

Yeah, maybe I'll just stick with Gandalf the Grey and try to find a stick for him to hold.

#3058 5 years ago

I levelled my game today so the bubble sit between the two lines on the shooter Lane, but with my digital level between the slings, it's reading 6.3.

Higher on the pf it's at 6.5.

I know every game is different, as well as player preferences, but curious to know where you guys have you game set at?

#3059 5 years ago

Have all my DMD pins at 6.5 degrees on the playfield.

#3060 5 years ago

Been away for a while, does anyone here know if the mix issues for the pinsound Wool mix have been resolved?

Adam

#3061 5 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Have all my DMD pins at 6.5 degrees on the playfield.

Do you use a digital level?

#3062 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Do you use a digital level?

I use this that I have for my wood working hobby and love it. It's super compact and I can get it in most places I want to on any PF I'm leveling.

iGaging AngleCube Digital Level + Bevel Gauge 2 in 1 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002LL0BIC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_WF-iBb2KFNEKD

#3063 5 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I use this that I have for my wood working hobby and love it. It's super compact and I can get it in most places I want to on any PF I'm leveling.
iGaging AngleCube Digital Level + Bevel Gauge 2 in 1 amazon.com link »

Yup, I have one of those as well.

Where on there pf do you gauge your 6.5 level?

I know for me, at the flipper gap, it's like 6.2 degrees, about 6.4 degrees between slings, and 6.6 in the middle of the pf.

#3064 5 years ago

I use my phone. I rotate the phone 180deg and confirm the number is the same both ways, which verifies the phone is properly zeroed. I take the reading at the center of the playfield. Same when checking the left/right is level.

#3065 5 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

I use my phone. I rotate the phone 180deg and confirm the number is the same both ways, which verifies the phone is properly zeroed. I take the reading at the center of the playfield. Same when checking the left/right is level.

Cool. I think I'm at about 6.5-6.6 in the middle.

I finished TABA for the first time last night. Pretty intense mode!

#3066 5 years ago

Seeing some very strange behavior after replacing the Balrog wiring harness. I took a photo of the connections on the switch and LED before I started and so I'm 99.9% certain I got this right, but would love some confirmation. Running out of potential causes so I feel like a sanity check is worthwhile if anybody could be so kind as to confirm.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-balrog-causing-constant-ball-launch

IMG_20180614_204546(1) (resized).jpgIMG_20180614_204546(1) (resized).jpg
#3067 5 years ago

Lord of the Rings Lighted Magnetic Hinge Covers in yellow:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1032-lighted-pinball-mods/01709-lord-of-the-rings-lighted-magnetic-hinge-covers-yellow

0 4 sterns (resized).jpg0 4 sterns (resized).jpg0616181723_resized (resized).jpg0616181723_resized (resized).jpg0616181723a_resized (resized).jpg0616181723a_resized (resized).jpg0616181724_resized (resized).jpg0616181724_resized (resized).jpg
#3068 5 years ago
Quoted from mettle64:

Seeing some very strange behavior after replacing the Balrog wiring harness. I took a photo of the connections on the switch and LED before I started and so I'm 99.9% certain I got this right, but would love some confirmation. Running out of potential causes so I feel like a sanity check is worthwhile if anybody could be so kind as to confirm.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-balrog-causing-constant-ball-launch

That diode looks on backwards to me. EDIT - no, maybe it is on OK.

Also, the solder on the ground wire is very blobby.

When you have LOTR in switch test and you close that switch, what does it say?

RussM

#3069 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Been away for a while, does anyone here know if the mix issues for the pinsound Wool mix have been resolved?
Adam

The volume issues? I don’t believe so, though last I read he was close, I think?

#3070 5 years ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

That diode looks on backwards to me. EDIT - no, maybe it is on OK.
Also, the solder on the ground wire is very blobby.
When you have LOTR in switch test and you close that switch, what does it say?
RussM

Plugged in the switch sans balrog mold. When the switch is closed, as it is by default when it's sitting in the Balrog, these switches are active:

4-BALL TROUGH #1 (LEFT) - #11
4-BALL TROUGH #2 - #12
4-BALL TROUGH #3 - #13
4-BALL TROUGH VUK OPTO - #14
4-BALL STACKING OPTO - #15
BALROG HIT - #28
BALROG OPEN - #31

When the switch is open, these switches are active:

4-BALL TROUGH #2 - #12
4-BALL TROUGH #3 - #13
BALROG OPEN - #31

So, closing the Balrog switch is activating the 4-Ball Stacking Opto, which is causing the constant ball launch.

I've completely replaced the Balrog switch and diode since taking the picture I included in my above post, but still seeing the same behavior.

#3071 5 years ago

Picked up a LOTR LE recently. Have a sporadic issue where balls won’t release from the “sword Lock”. The plastic plunger fires up and down rapidly but balls won’t release. Curious if this is a common issue and if anybody could recommend a solution, id appreciate it!

#3072 5 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

balls won’t release from the “sword Lock”. The plastic plunger fires up and down rapidly but balls won’t release.

Are the balls magnetized and sticking together? Is the playfield angle 6.5deg? Are the wires secure on the plunger coil?

#3073 5 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Are the balls magnetized and sticking together?

Definitely make sure you have the correct balls, same thing happened to me when I picked up the game. It looks like they want to roll but since they grab each other there is not enough space for 2 to go down and the first one will get pulled back up the sword.

#3074 5 years ago

Just had one of those games... 5 gifts collexted, getting close to completing ROTK and FOTR, but just can't get the shots together!

It's pretty awesome how this game gives you a sense of being so close, but tying up those last few things feels like you actually have to climb Mordor!

#3075 5 years ago

Hi everybody!

It is for me a cry of joy to join this club!

I started to work in a custom pinball cards for "The Lord of the Rings" pinball. You can comment or suggestions for improvement. You are welcome!

I hope you like!

"The Lord of The Rings Custom Pinball Card - Rules" (STERN). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/The%20Lord%20of%20The%20Rings%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Rules.%20Mikonos1.jpg

Details in "The Lord of The Rings Custom Pinball Card - Rules" (STERN). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/The%20Lord%20of%20The%20Rings%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Rules.%20Mikonos2.jpg
The Lord of The Rings Custom Pinball Cards - Rules. Mikonos1.jpgThe Lord of The Rings Custom Pinball Cards - Rules. Mikonos1.jpgThe Lord of The Rings Custom Pinball Cards - Rules. Mikonos2.jpgThe Lord of The Rings Custom Pinball Cards - Rules. Mikonos2.jpg

I take bigger screenshots and photos, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.

Regards

#3076 5 years ago

Man, they are nice !

#3077 5 years ago

Hi BENETNATH!

Thanks for your comment!

I just sharped pillow emboss effect in letters. I do not know if print machine will capture it.

Details in "The Lord of The Rings Custom Pinball Card - Rules" (STERN). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/The%20Lord%20of%20The%20Rings%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Rules.%20Mikonos3.jpg

The Lord of The Rings Custom Pinball Cards - Rules. Mikonos3.jpgThe Lord of The Rings Custom Pinball Cards - Rules. Mikonos3.jpg

I take bigger screenshots and photos, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.

Regards

#3078 5 years ago

They look very good man, you are going to make an apron also?
Regards

#3079 5 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Are the balls magnetized and sticking together? Is the playfield angle 6.5deg? Are the wires secure on the plunger coil?

Awesome ideas. I bet you are right and it’s the Balls sticking together. Appreciate the feedback.

#3080 5 years ago
Quoted from mettle64:

Plugged in the switch sans balrog mold. When the switch is closed, as it is by default when it's sitting in the Balrog, these switches are active:
4-BALL TROUGH #2 - #12
4-BALL TROUGH #3 - #13
4-BALL STACKING OPTO - #15
BALROG HIT - #28
BALROG OPEN - #31
When the switch is open, these switches are active:
4-BALL TROUGH #2 - #12
4-BALL TROUGH #3 - #13
BALROG OPEN - #31
So, closing the Balrog switch is activating the 4-Ball Stacking Opto, which is causing the constant ball launch.
I've completely replaced the Balrog switch and diode since taking the picture I included in my above post, but still seeing the same behavior.

OK, so you are having a Switch Matrix problem where when the balrog switch is closed, the 4-Ball Stacking Opto is also showing as closed.

Somewhere in the matrix a switch is wired wrong or had a bad or missing/broken diode or similar and it is causing a false hit on the 4-Ball Stacking Opto switch. You have to hunt down the problem.

I'd start with checking every switch in Column 1 of the matrix to see if any of them are hitting wrong or are otherwise not working correctly.

You have a manual with the switch matrix laid out to look at, yes?

RussM

#3081 5 years ago

The right ramp gate on my LOTR doesn't seem to swing freely, but it looks like maybe its intended to be like that. It basically stays it position if it swings up then on a weak shot would swing down again. Is that normal?

#3082 5 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

They look very good man, you are going to make an apron also?
Regards

Hi RGAires!

Thanks for your comment!

Aprons (right, left and centre aprons)? What happened? Do you need a better aprons? I have ideas to improve original aprons with silver and gold metallic details. Imagination is the limit!

Regards

#3083 5 years ago
Quoted from Junglist:

The right ramp gate on my LOTR doesn't seem to swing freely, but it looks like maybe its intended to be like that. It basically stays it position if it swings up then on a weak shot would swing down again. Is that normal?

No that's not normal. Check to make sure the piece of the gate sticking out on the left isn't getting stuck on the plastic beside it preventing the gate from closing. Also if that is not the problem, try a bit of lube on the gate wire where it goes through the holes of the ramp.

#3084 5 years ago

Where can I get this cliffy protector in the Pippin lane under the blue rubber? It is posted in the LOTR gallery, I suppose I can try messaging the guy who posted it but didnt want to creep him about a picture he posted 5 years ago.

Almost all the machines I see for sale have serious wear underneath that blue rubber bracket including my own and this would stop the issue from happening or getting worse.

65c5cb4de751377fa5e0c0615d029fdbb5f4abf7 (resized).jpg65c5cb4de751377fa5e0c0615d029fdbb5f4abf7 (resized).jpg
#3085 5 years ago
Quoted from ruzeo:

Where can I get this cliffy protector in the Pippin lane under the blue rubber? It is posted in the LOTR gallery, I suppose I can try messaging the guy who posted it but didnt want to creep him about a picture he posted 5 years ago.
Almost all the machines I see for sale have serious wear underneath that blue rubber bracket including my own and this would stop the issue from happening or getting worse.

Just ask cliffy for that protector. He doesn't advertise them, but he makes and sells it. I have one on my game too.

#3086 5 years ago
Quoted from ruzeo:

That gallery photo is of my machine.

More information on that particular Cliffy protector can be found on the thread below, which includes Cliff’s email address for special requests:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-thanks-for-the-fix-cliffy

#3087 5 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

That gallery photo is of my machine.

haha Indeed it is! I didn't want to bother you with pms but I appreciate you reaching out. Thank you Razorbak86 and PinballTilt

#3088 5 years ago

"The Lord of The Rings Custom Pinball Card - Crew" (STERN). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/The%20Lord%20of%20The%20Rings%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Crew.%20Mikonos1.jpg

Details in "The Lord of The Rings Custom Pinball Card - Crew" (STERN). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/The%20Lord%20of%20The%20Rings%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Crew.%20Mikonos2.jpg
The Lord of The Rings Custom Pinball Cards - Crew. Mikonos1.jpgThe Lord of The Rings Custom Pinball Cards - Crew. Mikonos1.jpgThe Lord of The Rings Custom Pinball Cards - Crew. Mikonos2.jpgThe Lord of The Rings Custom Pinball Cards - Crew. Mikonos2.jpg

Regards

#3089 5 years ago
Quoted from ruzeo:

haha Indeed it is! I didn't want to bother you with pms but I appreciate you reaching out. Thank you Razorbak86 and PinballTilt

My lotr didn’t have wear there but I did get the cliffy set and installed it. Kind of a pain to lift most that rail up but not too bad. For sure a good protector

#3090 5 years ago

I thought I had it tonight!

Had 6 gifts collected, and only needed ROTK. I was on wave 6 of it.

I was about to make the shot to start TABA, so I could start up Ents and build up my dead for ROTK.

Closest I've been! I bricked that ring shots because the nerves got the best of me.

Game is such a rush when you get deep into it!

#3091 5 years ago

Thisis my last custom card of my for "The Lord of The Rings" serie. Look with attention at the golden ball...!

"The Lord of The Rings Custom Pinball Card - Rules" (STERN). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/The%20Lord%20of%20The%20Rings%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Free Play.%20Mikonos1.jpg

https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/The%20Lord%20of%20The%20Rings%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Free Play.%20Mikonos1.jpg
The Lord of The Rings Custom Pinball Cards - Free Play. Mikonos1.jpgThe Lord of The Rings Custom Pinball Cards - Free Play. Mikonos1.jpgThe Lord of The Rings Custom Pinball Cards - Free Play. Mikonos2.jpgThe Lord of The Rings Custom Pinball Cards - Free Play. Mikonos2.jpg

Regards

#3092 5 years ago

I want to join the club so bad but finding one for sale here in Texas ain’t easy. I’m just big on having games shipped but I may not have a choice. If anyone knows of one for sale in Texas please PM me.

#3093 5 years ago

I know this topic seems to beaten to death but I'm still trying to get my flippers more powerful. I played around with adjustment 53 and set to 30 (up from 20) and found it did seem to make a significant difference. Are there any downsides to just leaving this? Should I adjust my EOS away from the assembly so it triggers later and then reduce this again to 20?

Also in the guide it says default is 10, but I did a factory reset a while ago and it was set to 20 and I've never touched it since. Perhaps they increased the default in later revisions after the manual?

53 FLIPPER ADJ 1: Set between 05 to 40. Default is 10. This adjustment sets the minimum fire time for a flipper coil in milliseconds.
54 FLIPPER ADJ 2: Set between 40 to 60. Default is 50. This adjustment sets the maximum fire time for a flipper coil in milliseconds.
55 FLIPPER ADJ 3: Set between 0 to 10. Default is 3. This adjustment sets the amount of time to fire the coil after the EOS switch is seen in milliseconds.

#3094 5 years ago

One other quick question - when FOTR is lit, or gift from the elves is lit, If I hit the left orbit but it bricks out of the tower shot, or doesn;t make it (drops into pops) I don't get the reward. I assume I have to make the orbit and land it in the tower to count? Or is a switch in the orbit not working properly?

Thanks!

#3095 5 years ago

Yeah I think it has to stick in the tower to count.

#3096 5 years ago

Has anyone experienced a path of the dead issue when the ball quickly pops through lane 1 or 2 and does not register souls? (when this happens it does register souls for lane 3 or 4). Most of the time everything is fine and the souls are counted - it seems to only happen when the ball heads very quickly down lane 1 or 2. Thanks.

#3097 5 years ago

Well, that's a heartbreaker!

Finally finished everything. Started DTR, and that's all I had left for Valinor!

Unfortunately after making 2 of the shots, I got a cheap outlanes drain that brought my best effort to a halt.

509 million, so at least I walk away with a new GC... But it seriously stings to be that close and lose it

#3098 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Well, that's a heartbreaker!
Finally finished everything. Started DTR, and that's all I had left for Valinor!
Unfortunately after making 2 of the shots, I got a cheap outlanes drain that brought my best effort to a halt.
509 million, so at least I walk away with a new GC... But it seriously stings to be that close and lose it

You want to talk stings? Try having the ball hanging in the ring, and actually hitting it with the other ball but not knocking it loose, with Valinor on the other side of that ball...but draining. THAT stung.

#3099 5 years ago
Quoted from jchybro:

Has anyone experienced a path of the dead issue when the ball quickly pops through lane 1 or 2 and does not register souls? (when this happens it does register souls for lane 3 or 4). Most of the time everything is fine and the souls are counted - it seems to only happen when the ball heads very quickly down lane 1 or 2. Thanks.

Try to adjust the switches, probably just need to be bent up just a hair.

#3100 5 years ago
Quoted from jchybro:

I have definitely had this happen. It happened to me when the vuk sends it just right and it starts immediately through the lanes (rather than bouncing around at the top a bit). It’s almost like the switches weren’t ready yet. Or the game isn’t counting them yet. Those same switches work fine when there is a pause after the vuk

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 25.00
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 18.95
There are 10,193 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 204.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-lord-of-the-rings-journey-begins-members-club/page/62 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.