IMG_7027 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7019 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4036 (resized).jpg
IMG_4034 (resized).jpg
IMG_3077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240331_163644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,193 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 204.
#2751 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I have high powered could right now, and the balls flies like a bullet around the pf. Just ordered the medium powered ones, so I'm hoping it improves the overall flow. Might even make achieving the goals a bit more doable.
Do most of you guys run stock coils, or have you changed to medium or high?

I prefer the high powered, even though they're pretty beefy and send moon shots, but I prefer these over coils getting weak with long play. I can't deal with weak coils on a potential trip to Valinor where you need to smack the ball out of there.

With that said, I think one of my coils is a pinballlife and the other is something else not original, but they've stayed strong and don't feel too overpowering.

#2752 5 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

I prefer the high powered, even though they're pretty beefy and send moon shots, but I prefer these over coils getting weak with long play. I can't deal with weak coils on a potential trip to Valinor where you need to smack the ball out of there.
With that said, I think one of my coils is a pinballlife and the other is something else not original, but they've stayed strong and don't feel too overpowering.

I bought a set of the medium strength ones sold here on Pinside, and hopefully they won't be as powerful but also won't lose power over lengthy games.

#2753 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I bought a set of the medium strength ones sold here on Pinside, and hopefully they won't be as powerful but also won't lose power over lengthy games.

They won't, they are perfect for the game...

#2754 5 years ago

So I’ve had this about a month and am starting to figure it all out. Just caught on today that the flippers control ring mode, which is neat.

Two things I have not figured out: What controls the length of the multiball sessions? Some of them last until 2 or 3 balls land in the trough and others go for 5+ minutes and what seems like 100 balls. Is it the number of rings collected prior to starting the multiball session?

Second: What triggers There and Back Again? A successful DTR and then a ring shot?

Thanks!

#2755 5 years ago
Quoted from FlipsMcgee:

So I’ve had this about a month and am starting to figure it all out. Just caught on today that the flippers control ring mode, which is neat.
Two things I have not figured out: What controls the length of the multiball sessions? Some of them last until 2 or 3 balls land in the trough and others go for 5+ minutes and what seems like 100 balls. Is it the number of rings collected prior to starting the multiball session?
Second: What triggers There and Back Again? A successful DTR and then a ring shot?
Thanks!

If you have multiballs coming back after you drain, you hit the middle stand up target to ''add a ball''

TABA is pretty easy to get to, just play all the modes and then your next start mode will auto start it when you shoot the ring.

You can actually go to there and back again without starting DTR (i've done it) It's tricky, because you have to stay out of the third multiball and just focus on collecting 3 white rings to start the modes. Once all 3 of the multiballs are played its automatically DTR time at the ring.

#2756 5 years ago

WTB: Left slingshot plastic (if anyone has a spare, to spare?)

#2757 5 years ago

Appreciate it.

I wonder if my multiball settings aren’t on factory or something. It seems much more random. I’ve noticed the “add a ball,” but figured that added a fourth, not that it kept me going for minutes on end cycling through ball after ball.

#2758 5 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

WTB: Left slingshot plastic (if anyone has a spare, to spare?)

You mean the plastic squareish thing that hangs over the Shire? I will have an extra soon, if so. I bought a modded one today.

#2759 5 years ago

Quick question, when the ball come out of the pops and travels down the right orbit lane, should it hot the right slings, or go to the flipper?

If anyone can snap a quick photo of their ball guide on the right (mainly to see where it is in respect to the rubber post at the end).

Thanks

#2760 5 years ago

I've ordered the materials I need to do a small trial run of five of these Mt. Doom mods.

I have four spots available, please let me know if you want in (either on this thread or PM me). I am guessing I can have these ready to ship by late next week.

The trial run price will be $40 shipped. I'm not sure if I'll make more yet or if I will change the price on a later run. I guess it will depend on feedback from the trial run, how much work/cost is involved and if there is additional demand.

Each piece will be individually hand painted, clearcoated in a matte finish and lighted. A wiring harness will be provided to tap into an existing 5v power source.

Thanks!!

-PC

MTD 3 (resized).JPGMTD 3 (resized).JPG

mtd 1 (resized).jpgmtd 1 (resized).jpg

MTD4 (resized).JPGMTD4 (resized).JPG

#2761 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Quick question, when the ball come out of the pops and travels down the right orbit lane, should it hot the right slings, or go to the flipper?
If anyone can snap a quick photo of their ball guide on the right (mainly to see where it is in respect to the rubber post at the end).
Thanks

Can I bug someone to take a photo of where there right orbit ball guide ends, so I can see how close it is to the rubber post.

Thanks!

#2762 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Can I bug someone to take a photo of where there right orbit ball guide ends, so I can see how close it is to the rubber post.
Thanks!

From my shop job pics:

FB1F6DD6-A207-445C-A615-455D1F73BE99 (resized).jpegFB1F6DD6-A207-445C-A615-455D1F73BE99 (resized).jpeg

E7B09AF0-9B28-4DC4-9384-C64C13AF2EBB (resized).jpegE7B09AF0-9B28-4DC4-9384-C64C13AF2EBB (resized).jpeg

#2763 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

From my shop job pics:

Thank you so much!

And do you recall if the ball hits the slings anytime it comes down from that right orbit lane?

#2764 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Thank you so much!
And do you recall if the ball hits the slings anytime it comes down from that right orbit lane?

Sometimes it grazes it, but mostly not an issues, straight to the right flipper....

#2765 5 years ago

PM sent to reserve a Mt doom. They look amazing.

#2766 5 years ago

I'll take one of the Mt. Dooms as well. I think it looks really good.

#2767 5 years ago

FYI - The Mt.Doom mod list filled up quickly, so if you didn't get an email from me about getting on the list, I'll put you on a standby list.

Let me process this small run and get a feel for how producing these will go and get some feedback from the early orders. If all goes well, I'll see about making more of these, for sure!

But for now, the list is closed - thank you!!

#2768 5 years ago

Damn! Definitely would have been in on one. I will keep my eyes open.

#2769 5 years ago

has this happen to any one ? I blow fuse F7 and replaced it .. now balrog won't turn off, so as soon as you turn on, it will stay on all the time till you turn it off the pin.

please help
thanks

#2770 5 years ago
Quoted from kingau:

has this happen to any one ? I blow fuse F7 and replaced it .. now balrog won't turn off, so as soon as you turn on, it will stay on all the time till you turn it off the pin.
please help
thanks

As in; Balrog stays open (so you can hit the ring), or closed (blocking the ring)?

#2771 5 years ago

I've received several requests for a video for the Mt. Doom mod. Please excuse the occasional blurry nature of the quick video I took last night; cameras have hella time trying to focus on constantly changing light

So far I've had a lot of requests for the mod. It's time to end that grainy picture of Mt. Doom! That is really the one eyesore (mostly - I'm looking at you cheap looking Orthanc) that needed better representation.

Just a little patience - I want to gather as much info from these first five to make sure a larger run or a Pinside Shop Item will be completely universal (this is really a custom fit on that wireform and I need to see about mfg tolerances from pin to pin).

Thanks for the awesome comments and interest so far!!

-Chuck

#2772 5 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

As in; Balrog stays open (so you can hit the ring), or closed (blocking the ring)?

Everything works fine, it's just the bulb in side of the bash toy balrog won't turn off. I am wondering what happen?

#2773 5 years ago

I"m installing my own Path of Dead Mod. Have the figures, the lights wired correctly and I have the Pinbits plastic that goes on top.

My question is (1) what is the best technique to secure the lights inside of the figures and (2) what is the best way to attach the feet of the figures to their bases?

Double sided tape? Glue? Hardest part for me is this step and doing it right.

#2774 5 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

I"m installing my own Path of Dead Mod. Have the figures, the lights wired correctly and I have the Pinbits plastic that goes on top.
My question is (1) what is the best technique to secure the lights inside of the figures and (2) what is the best way to attach the feet of the figures to their bases?
Double sided tape? Glue? Hardest part for me is this step and doing it right.

I drilled out the back of the fig and hot glued my led in. Then I screwed the fig through the bottom with a small wood screw.

#2775 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

I've received several requests for a video for the Mt. Doom mod. Please excuse the occasional blurry nature of the quick video I took last night; cameras have hella time trying to focus on constantly changing light
So far I've had a lot of requests for the mod. It's time to end that grainy picture of Mt. Doom! That is really the one eyesore (mostly - I'm looking at you cheap looking Orthanc) that needed better representation.
Just a little patience - I want to gather as much info from these first five to make sure a larger run or a Pinside Shop Item will be completely universal (this is really a custom fit on that wireform and I need to see about mfg tolerances from pin to pin).
-Chuck
» YouTube video

how does the mountain mount to the backpanel?

#2776 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

how does the mountain mount to the backpanel?

The two hex head machine screws that mount the ramp to the backpanel are used. Remove screws, place the model over the mounting holes and bent wireform, replace the screws/washers.

The model accounts for the 3mm or so width of the wireform so it mounts flush to the backpanel. It's nice, also, because it hides the bent wireform that the screws mount to.

#2777 5 years ago

-Chuck
» YouTube video

It looks awesome, looking forward to testing this out for you!

#2778 5 years ago

The two hex head machine screws that mount the ramp to the backpanel are used. Remove screws, place the model over the mounting holes and bent wireform, replace the screws/washers.
The model accounts for the 3mm or so width of the wireform so it mounts flush to the backpanel. It's nice, also, because it hides the bent wireform that the screws mount to.

Nice, so it is mounted via the screws, that is what I was hoping. Yeah, count me in.

#2779 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

most games do this unless the ball is moving fast. You need to nudge the game as it’s coming along the ball guide, then live catch with right flipper.

#2780 5 years ago

Woohoo! Got to Valinor for the first time! Caught it on video too.

Funny enough, I got to valinor on the third game after upgrading my coils to the medium strength ones recommended in this thread. On Ball 1! Amazing what a difference it makes. All my previous attempts would stall out because my coils would get weak during a long game.

Of course, tried to do it again the next day with no luck. The stars have to align just perfectly.

#2781 5 years ago

Spraynard nice ! You should never play again and sell it now

#2782 5 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Spraynard nice ! You should never play again and sell it now

Heh, part of my motivation for making a serious valinor attempt was so that I could get rid of it with no remorse. I will be trading it soon. Love the game, it just plays way too long for me. I need quick brutal games.

#2783 5 years ago
Quoted from Spraynard:

Heh, part of my motivation for making a serious valinor attempt was so that I could get rid of it with no remorse. I will be trading it soon. Love the game, it just plays way too long for me. I need quick brutal games.

Congrats! That's awesome. Not getting to Valinor the first time I owned the game was the reason I got it again. I sold mine because of the long ball times. My collection was smaller then though. LOTR might be a keeper for me now with a larger collection because I can just play it when I want to settle in for a longer game. It's probably the only game I'v sold that I missed.

#2784 5 years ago
Quoted from Spraynard:

Woohoo! Got to Valinor for the first time! Caught it on video too. » YouTube video
Funny enough, I got to valinor on the third game after upgrading my coils to the medium strength ones recommended in this thread. On Ball 1! Amazing what a difference it makes. All my previous attempts would stall out because my coils would get weak during a long game.
Of course, tried to do it again the next day with no luck. The stars have to align just perfectly.

Was that your cat crying in the background when the bells were going off? My cat does the same thing when I play LOTR or WOZ.

#2785 5 years ago
Quoted from Spraynard:

Woohoo! Got to Valinor for the first time! Caught it on video too. » YouTube video

You're a f'ing machine!

Did you seriously do that on ball 1?

Man, I have a LOOOOOOONG way to go... But I'm determined as hell to get there!

#2786 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Was that your cat crying in the background when the bells were going off? My cat does the same thing when I play LOTR or WOZ.

Yeah, that was my cat GB. He cries pretty much anytime I play pinball. He hates not being the center of attention.

#2787 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

You're a f'ing machine!
Did you seriously do that on ball 1?
Man, I have a LOOOOOOONG way to go... But I'm determined as hell to get there!

Haha thanks man. It takes a bit of luck and patience, but you’ll get there. You have to adjust your play when going for valinor. Slow and steady.

#2788 5 years ago

Spectacular!

#2789 5 years ago

Balls are getting stuck in the Shire (I think usually in MB modes).

It doesn't eject until the ball search goes off, and if there are multiple balls stuck, it seems to only eject one.

Does it sound like it's that little fork switch thingy that might need replacing or something else?

#2790 5 years ago

Sounds like the weight of one ball isn’t activating the trigger. Try bending it down a bit?

#2791 5 years ago
Quoted from Spraynard:

That is awesome! I really want to watch the video - but I have to avoid spoilers!!!! (as if I'll ever get there)...

#2792 5 years ago

Update on Mt.Doom! I received my materials and spent the better part of the weekend getting these done... during perfect weather.... in my basement.... all by myself. My family probably hates me. I learned a lot about the process, time and costs. The final product will likely sell closer to $60 - if not $60. Hate to increase the price, but they do take a lot of time to make.

Anyhow - for you in the trial run receiving these this week, it would be a good idea to check out some installation pictures/instructions here:

https://www.pinworlds.com/install

It's an easy install - but knowing what to do ahead of time will certainly be handy.

I have nine people on my auxiliary list. After I get feedback from the trial run, I'll offer the first batch to you guys (look for an email later this week). After that (after I build inventory, that is), these will be available right here on Pinside and/or on my website. Probably one week wait time for the second run, and 2-3 weeks for store inventory.

Thanks, all - I'm really looking forward to getting these into the hands of some fellow pinheads!!

-Chuck

trial 1 (resized).jpgtrial 1 (resized).jpg

Trial 2 (resized).jpgTrial 2 (resized).jpg

#2793 5 years ago

SWEEEEEET

#2794 5 years ago

Curious, did you use a red LED or a "fire" LED? The flicker of a fire LED might replicate lava better. Just a thought

#2795 5 years ago
Quoted from DarkTruth:

Curious, did you use a red LED or a "fire" LED? The flicker of a fire LED might replicate lava better. Just a thought

It's actually three bright white strip LEDs (to fit in the thin profile channel of the mod) shining directly into the transparent red plastic portion to divert the light.

AFAIK "flicker" lighting is not available in strip lighting but I did think about doing that. But "flicker" might be too much; lava undulates more than flickers - especially at such a distance.

#2796 5 years ago

Quick opinion - been heavily looking for a LOTR table for months:

Does a HUO shipped for $6100 sound like a tasty deal or should I hold out?

#2797 5 years ago
Quoted from WildRover:

I would. Prices continue to rise, a true huo would be the way to go!

#2798 5 years ago
Quoted from WildRover:

I am looking for one as well and think that is reasonable!

#2799 5 years ago
Quoted from WildRover:

That's reasonable - got pictures?

#2800 5 years ago

One guy in our group recently picked a lotr gold still NIB. Yes, it exists.
No price discussed..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,193 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 204.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-lord-of-the-rings-journey-begins-members-club/page/56?hl=neoskywalker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.