IMG_2626 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2570 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2569 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2568 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,123 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 203.
#1951 6 years ago
Quoted from gcmess:

I have one at the end of my path of the dead. Helps the ball into the habitrail and from dropping on the plastic. Doesn't stop all the drops but keeps them to a minimum. Not sure it's suppose to be there but I like it. It is a little tight to the wall...but not a big deal.

I just have 2 crystal clear rubbers on a longer screw at the end of my POTD and am very happy with the way it works. I have taken them off twice and missed them both times and quickly put them back on. As a side note, I am also using the Arwen clear ramp and the ball still goes down the ramp into the Shire on occasion.

#1952 6 years ago

I just got a pretty good '"Destroy the Ring " (2 pinball) time . Make sure you have it set up in features for ( 2 ball )Destroy Ring enabled . I have seen faster but it is good time for me.

thumbnail_IMG_0110 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_0110 (resized).jpg

LOTR Destroy Ring 2ball (resized).JPGLOTR Destroy Ring 2ball (resized).JPG

#1953 6 years ago

Nice job. 39 seconds is my best time.

#1954 6 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

I just have 2 crystal clear rubbers on a longer screw at the end of my POTD and am very happy with the way it works. I have taken them off twice and missed them both times and quickly put them back on. As a side note, I am also using the Arwen clear ramp and the ball still goes down the ramp into the Shire on occasion.

Could you post a picture of your setup that you described ? Both the 2 crystal clear rubbers on a longer screw at the end of my POTD and the clear ramp. I am having a hard time picturing how this would work.

#1955 6 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Could you post a picture of your setup that you described ? Both the 2 crystal clear rubbers on a longer screw at the end of my POTD and the clear ramp. I am having a hard time picturing how this would work.

Here is the Arwen ramp. Just got mine in the mail today actually.

#1956 6 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Here you go, double crystal clear rubbers from Pinball Life circled in yellow and the Arwen ramp.

Arwen ramp bumpers (resized).jpgArwen ramp bumpers (resized).jpg

#1957 6 years ago

Now I understand double rubbers.
Thank you!

#1958 6 years ago

IMG_0543 (resized).JPGIMG_0543 (resized).JPG

Over a thousand plus games, this never happened. I could not find the ball

#1959 6 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Here is the Arwen ramp. Just got mine in the mail today actually.
» YouTube video

Interesting . Thank you .May look into this . Peace

#1960 6 years ago

+1 for the Arwen ramp! It works well and looks like it's a factory installed part.

#1961 6 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

+1 for the Arwen ramp! It works well and looks like it's a factory installed part.

Where do I get it? I looked on Pinballlife and couldn't find it

#1962 6 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

Where do I get it? I looked on Pinballlife and couldn't find it

Mike @ RedShift LED makes & sells them. Great guy, shipping does take a few days longer as he is in Australia:

http://www.redshiftled.com.au/new-store.php#!/Lord-of-the-Rings-Arwen-plastic-protector/c/20999006/offset=0&sort=normal

#1963 6 years ago

anybody here make good waterslide or scanned decals, I got the dreaded balrog drag mark. Will gladly pay money.

#1964 6 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

anybody here make good waterslide or scanned decals, I got the dreaded balrog drag mark. Will gladly pay money.

Just a suggestion but I always take mine to the local office supply like Office Max. They print them on premium machines you just bring in the scan or image. Always looks Way better than anything I could print at home and Very cheap. Just a thought.

#1965 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Just a suggestion but I always take mine to the local office supply like Office Max. They print them on premium machines you just bring in the scan or image. Always looks Way better than anything I could print at home and Very cheap. Just a thought.

Do they print on paper, or is there a thicker decal type material they can use?

#1966 6 years ago
Quoted from djoverpour:

Do they print on paper, or is there a thicker decal type material they can use?

They will print on whatever you wish or bring. You need waterslide decal so you would need to bring that to the store with you. Works out better since often you need to scale, tweak, etc so having a local solution may offer you more flexibility.

#1967 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Mike @ RedShift LED makes & sells them. Great guy, shipping does take a few days longer as he is in Australia:
http://www.redshiftled.com.au/new-store.php#!/Lord-of-the-Rings-Arwen-plastic-protector/c/20999006/offset=0&sort=normal

Thanks

#1968 6 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Nice job. 39 seconds is my best time.

Same lol

#1969 6 years ago

If you could have Elijah Wood, Sean Astin and Andy Serkis sign your LOTR backglass translate, would you do it? Cost would run about $200. I am pondering having this done at the Rhode Island Comic con a month from now.

wood (resized).JPGwood (resized).JPG

#1970 6 years ago
Quoted from PhantomO:

If you could have Elijah Wood, Sean Astin and Andy Serkis sign your LOTR backglass translate, would you do it?

Nope.

#1971 6 years ago

Hurts the collectability of the machine, you think?

#1972 6 years ago

Absolutely do it. If that stops somone from buying your game down the road, so be it. The next person will buy it. Personally I would think it would add to its value.

#1973 6 years ago
Quoted from PhantomO:

Hurts the collectability of the machine, you think?

I dunno about hurting or adding, personally I think it's a wash. For me, most people's signatures look like ugly stains, covering the original artwork. I'd rather leave it mint and then not worry about someone concerned over it's authenticity later. I can tell you I highly doubt I'd PAY for an autograph like that.

Might be different if it was one of my favorite celebrities of all time; but those characters are just a small part of a bigger picture that made the LOTR movies so amazing.

#1974 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I dunno about hurting or adding, personally I think it's a wash. For me, most people's signatures look like ugly stains, covering the original artwork. I'd rather leave it mint and then not worry about someone concerned over it's authenticity later. I can tell you I highly doubt I'd PAY for an autograph like that.
Might be different if it was one of my favorite celebrities of all time; but those characters are just a small part of a bigger picture that made the LOTR movies so amazing.

That's true. Though in the case of Elijah Wood, he recorded audio prompts for the machine, and those 3 characters are central in the artwork, versus more peripheral characters. BTW, I had John Trudeau sign my Black Rose translate. Looks cool there, because he wrote "Shiver Me Timbers!"

#1975 6 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

What do you plan to do the fix the Balrog drag? I have an actually groove in the playfield caused by poor Balrog operation. It won't buff out.

#1976 6 years ago

Anyone know where I can find 10.0 Display ROM and 10.02 ROM? John at that pinball place isn't taking new orders right now. Long story short I can't play my pin without a new ROM and would like to put in a shaker. Already have the PAL.

#1977 6 years ago
#1980 6 years ago

Scot0308 Jerry Clause with Gameroom Service can supply the chips. I bought the chips from him last month including the PAL chip.

Gameroom Service
54230 Bradshaw
New Baltimore, MI 48047
[email protected]

#1981 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

For me, most people's signatures look like ugly stains, covering the original artwork.

Some are more careful than others when they leave their mark.

George_Gomez_Game_Designer.jpgGeorge_Gomez_Game_Designer.jpg

#1982 6 years ago
Quoted from Scot0308:

Anyone know where I can find 10.0 Display ROM and 10.02 ROM? John at that pinball place isn't taking new orders right now. Long story short I can't play my pin without a new ROM and would like to put in a shaker. Already have the PAL.

http://actionpinball.com/parts.php?item=ROMS190

#1983 6 years ago

Went to the Pinball Life part yesterday at Expo... great event and a fun time.

Also picked up one of these middle ring ramps that had been unavailable for quite some time. I know a few others had been looking for this part… So thought I would alert the club.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4723

#1984 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Went to the Pinball Life part yesterday at Expo... great event and a fun time.
Also picked up one of these middle ring ramps that had been unavailable for quite some time. I know a few others had been looking for this part… So thought I would alert the club.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4723

They also had the hard to find fork switches so I picked a few of those up at the party too.

#1985 6 years ago

Hi guys!

I'm looking for a plastic set for my LOTR. Preferrably located in the EU, to save on shipping and custom charges. Not necessarily though.

Anybody who can help me out? Please send me a pm.

Thanks!

#1986 6 years ago
Quoted from Jappie:

Hi guys!
I'm looking for a plastic set for my LOTR. Preferrably located in the EU, to save on shipping and custom charges. Not necessarily though.
Thanks!

did you check retro refurbs out?

#1987 6 years ago
Quoted from Jappie:

Hi guys!
Thanks!

Plastics sets are somewhat hard to come by:
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3663

#1988 6 years ago
Quoted from n1teowl:

Thanks so much for the Shire decal. It looks great. I've been meaning to get one for awhile - cheers to you sir!

Awesome. Looks great. Glad to see you can use it. I sold my LOTR. I miss it a lot. It is one of the best games ever made by stern.

#1989 6 years ago

I just got one of these sets. I thought they'd sent me used plastics because they look discolored/dirty, but all of the "issues" are in the protective film. Now I'm excited again!

1 week later
#1990 6 years ago

My Jay's Eye Palantir mod broke in half. I'm trying to 2 part epoxy back together. Anyone have any luck putting one of these back together? Or does anyone have one of these for sale?

Screenshot_20171103-200259 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20171103-200259 (resized).jpg

20171102_214228 (resized).jpg20171102_214228 (resized).jpg

#1991 6 years ago
Quoted from T2F14:

My Jay's Eye Palantir mod broke in half. I'm trying to 2 part epoxy back together. Anyone have any luck putting one of these back together? Or does anyone have one of these for sale?

This looks like one of the first generation Palantirs. I should be able to repair it (at no cost) if you send it to me... I also offer an upgrade option to rebuild older Palantirs like this one with the latest components and features. I'll send you a PM with details.

-Jay

#1992 6 years ago

Finally able to join this club!! I traded for this LOTR about 3 weeks ago from a fellow pinsider. I had been wanting one for about a year now and an opportunity came up where I was able to acquire this machine. Really enjoying the game play and think this one will stay in my collection for some time.

44C5C20F-83EA-45B1-820F-38EA1212B2AF (resized).jpeg44C5C20F-83EA-45B1-820F-38EA1212B2AF (resized).jpeg

E723123C-2286-45AF-8F74-AB321F8B28DD (resized).jpegE723123C-2286-45AF-8F74-AB321F8B28DD (resized).jpeg

2F3AB3AC-C731-4A8B-B393-763AF7B8424A (resized).jpeg2F3AB3AC-C731-4A8B-B393-763AF7B8424A (resized).jpeg

010FAFD4-C65A-455A-A59D-CD9B8AA2F5D2 (resized).jpeg010FAFD4-C65A-455A-A59D-CD9B8AA2F5D2 (resized).jpeg

89BA7B22-4FC8-4C29-8C03-7293477CC399 (resized).jpeg89BA7B22-4FC8-4C29-8C03-7293477CC399 (resized).jpeg

#1993 6 years ago

Just got one myself.

Has anyone removed the head/playfield and have any tips?

#1994 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

did you check retro refurbs out?

Thanks for your replies, guys! I just found exactly what I needed. A local pinhead sold me an incomplete set of regular NOS plastics and the set of thick plastics (Paths of the Dead, sword grip and Orthanc) for a fair price. Luckily, most of what I needed is there. Apart from the Arwen plastic, which I will get from Retro Refurbs.

I'm happy that I got what I was looking for. My machine as it sits has a combined mess of broken original plastics and bad reproductions. A previous owner did lots of damage to the old ones by tightening their screws way too fast.

As a gesture, the seller also sent me the old plastics that he replaced for NOS ones on his own machine. So, apart from the Arwen plastic, I now basically have a complete extra set of plastics.

This gives me the chance to add extra Play Along figures on some plastics and still have a spare of every plastic I attach them to. My plan is to:
- add Gimli, Boromir and Legolas figures to complete the Fellowship;
- add the Army of the Dead figures to the Paths of the Dead;
- enhance the Nazgul scene on top of the sword ramp by adding 2 extra Ringwraiths.

I'll post some pictures once these mods are done.

#1995 6 years ago

So, I bought a 2003 LOTR a couple of months ago and decided to do a bit of a restoration job on it....

-Installed full cabinet decals
-Full brass armour
-Re-painted the inside of the cab black
-POTD mod
-Installed Comet LED kit with LED OCD board
-And a few other things

It turned out great! I'm very happy with the result.

There are a few issues however. When I first got the game it would do a ball search on start-up every single time. Also it wouldn't register drains and kick two balls into the shooter lane about 50% of the time. Did some research and found that it could be the optos or another switch on the ball trough that went bad. Anyways, I decided to buy the entire trough assembly from Marco because I have no patience and figured it would be easier to just swap the entire thing out...problem solved. I finally get everything back together a couple of days ago and right off the bat...ball search on start-up. I was thinking that maybe this is what 'older' Sterns did since I only have experience with their newer games. Played a few games and I'd see a message once in a while on the DMD saying that a ball is missing and now I'm getting two balls kicked into the shooter lane from time to time. It's basically the same issue I was having before....nothing has changed. I'll have a game here and there where there are no problems at all so it's not consistent with every game. The one constant though is the ball search on start-up. That happens 100% of the time.

Any thoughts?

IMG_3686 (resized).jpgIMG_3686 (resized).jpg

IMG_3687 (resized).jpgIMG_3687 (resized).jpg

IMG_3690 (resized).jpgIMG_3690 (resized).jpg

#1996 6 years ago

Anyone know where I can get the CPU 10.02 (U210) chip and the OS 8 Bootflash?

thatpinballplace seems to be down.

Thanks,

#1997 6 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

So, I bought a 2003 LOTR a couple of months ago and decided to do a bit of a restoration job on it....
-Full brass armour
-POTD mod
-And a few other things
There are a few issues however. When I first got the game it would do a ball search on start-up every single time. Also it wouldn't register drains and kick two balls into the shooter lane about 50% of the time. Did some research and found that it could be the optos or another switch on the ball trough that went bad. Anyways, I decided to buy the entire trough assembly from Marco because I have no patience and figured it would be easier to just swap the entire thing out...problem solved. I finally get everything back together a couple of days ago and right off the bat...ball search on start-up. I was thinking that maybe this is what 'older' Sterns did since I only have experience with their newer games. Played a few games and I'd see a message once in a while on the DMD saying that a ball is missing and now I'm getting two balls kicked into the shooter lane from time to time. It's basically the same issue I was having before....nothing has changed. I'll have a game here and there where there are no problems at all so it's not consistent with every game. The one constant though is the ball search on start-up. That happens 100% of the time.
Any thoughts?

Oooh, shiny! Those cabinet decals look much brighter than the originals. I like it! Can you verify if they are indeed brighter? Are those the Retro Refurbs decals?

#1998 6 years ago
Quoted from Jappie:

Oooh, shiny! Those cabinet decals look much brighter than the originals. I like it! Can you verify if they are indeed brighter? Are those the Retro Refurbs decals?

Yup, from Retro Refurb. The colors are brighter and richer than what was original on my cab for sure.

#1999 6 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

-Full brass armour
-POTD mod
-And a few other things
Any thoughts?

Can you confirm that you have the correct number of balls in the game, should be 4.

#2000 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Can you confirm that you have the correct number of balls in the game, should be 4.

Yes, 4 balls are in the game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
10,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bettendorf, IA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
€ 7.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals
Flipper parts
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 98.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade
Interactive
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 12.95
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life
Armor and blades
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
There are 10,123 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-lord-of-the-rings-journey-begins-members-club/page/40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.