IMG_7027 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7019 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4036 (resized).jpg
IMG_4034 (resized).jpg
IMG_3077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240331_163644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,193 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 204.
#1701 6 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

That skinny red plastic along the shooter lane that blocks that area is broken on your pin.
Is the auto plunger working OK? Maybe, take the glass off and start a Return of the King Multiball to see what occurs when it starts adding balls.

thank you for the reply...I wonder if I can get a new piece of the red plastic as I suspect thats the issue
? I appreciate the response...

#1702 6 years ago

I'm in the market for a LOTR, figured I'd ask if anybody's selling

#1703 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I'm in the market for a LOTR, figured I'd ask if anybody's selling

I'll sell it to you when I reach valinor

#1704 6 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

I'll sell it to you when I reach valinor

Haha ok you got a deal!

#1705 6 years ago

? The return of the king multiball does it last extra long ? Because even when the shoot again stops flashing it keep lunching balls and the whole time your playing rotk multiball you can hear the kicker trying to launch balls into play ? Only happens in rotk multiball

#1706 6 years ago
Quoted from Djsandoz:

? The return of the king multiball does it last extra long ? Because even when the shoot again stops flashing it keep lunching balls and the whole time your playing rotk multiball you can hear the kicker trying to launch balls into play ? Only happens in rotk multiball

Are you hitting the Palantir while it's lit during the multi ball?? If so it does an add-a-ball.....

#1707 6 years ago

Is it a 3 or 4 ball multi ball

#1708 6 years ago
Quoted from Djsandoz:

Is it a 3 or 4 ball multi ball

3 ball but you can add a ball with palantir or if you get golem multiball before you start it you can have 4 balls

#1709 6 years ago

Beyond the add-ball and ball saver, typically if the game is spitting out balls that it should not be it is caused by the trough opto boards. It may fix the problem if you re-flow the solder points on the trough boards.

#1710 6 years ago

Traded out my LOTR LE a year and a half ago. I have decided that LOTR needs to come back in. Hopefully resuming the journey to Valinor soon...

#1711 6 years ago

Sometimes it's the simplest things that make a big improvement....

Lockbar before:

IMG_5326 (resized).JPGIMG_5326 (resized).JPG

Lockbar after:

IMG_5328 (resized).JPGIMG_5328 (resized).JPG

Side rail before:

IMG_5329 (resized).JPGIMG_5329 (resized).JPG

Side rail after:

IMG_5330 (resized).JPGIMG_5330 (resized).JPG

Complete:

IMG_5331 (resized).JPGIMG_5331 (resized).JPG

#1712 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Sometimes it's the simplest things that make a big improvement....
Lockbar before:

Nice! I'm In north Shelby. LOTR has been on my list for a while. I may go with. SW Premium if my search fails.

#1713 6 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

Nice! I'm In north Shelby. LOTR has been on my list for a while. I may go with. SW Premium if my search fails.

Cool, you ought to come join us at the Star Wars Pinball Party at Bumpernets tonight, it will give you a good taste of what a SWPrem may play like....

#1714 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Cool, you ought to come join us at the Star Wars Pinball Party at Bumpernets tonight, it will give you a good taste of what a SWPrem may play like....

We were over there last Friday evening and played it. We probably put three or four games apiece on it. In spite of watching tutorials before going over there, we didn't really know what we were doing. We liked it. I'll probably avoid the crowd tonight. Still waiting on LE/Premium video before I pull the trigger. Josh over there offered me a pretty good deal. Never bought a NIB before, so I want to see some Prem/LE video first. I already have the DE Star Wars.

#1715 6 years ago

Hi all, here are some WIP vids of my LOTR Wool Mix. I used the Pinsound community OST mix as a base but have changed > 95% of music and added a tonne of speech/fx direct from the DVD centre channel mix. The mode songs are faithful to the films even to the point in how they layer up through progression (like the ringwraithes mode).

Apologies for the mediocre sound quality but you get the idea.

https://vimeo.com/227564037
https://vimeo.com/227564136

#1716 6 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Hi all, here are some WIP vids of my LOTR Wool Mix. I used the Pinsound community OST mix as a base but have changed > 95% of music and added a tonne of speech/fx direct from the DVD centre channel mix. The mode songs are faithful to the films even to the point in how they layer up through progression (like the ringwraithes mode).
» Vimeo video
» Vimeo video

How do you manage to edit the sound? It sounds amazing!

#1717 6 years ago

Im so happy after this long journey to say, I'm now a member

Just got home and need to unload it! After I get feeling back in my butt

IMG_3478 (resized).JPGIMG_3478 (resized).JPG

#1718 6 years ago

I know this mod will not be to everyone's liking, but the one thing I never liked about the LOTR cabinet package was the two-toned gold/black trim. Changed it out today.....

IMG_5341 (resized).JPGIMG_5341 (resized).JPG

#1720 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

I know this mod will not be to everyone's liking, but the one thing I never liked about the LOTR cabinet package was the two-toned gold/black trim. Changed it out today.....

If that's how you like it to be, it's awesome.

#1721 6 years ago

thewool -- I was skeptical but that does sound fantastic.

#1722 6 years ago

Just picked up this Le last night after six hour drive !

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#1723 6 years ago
Quoted from horseflesh:

thewool -- I was skeptical but that does sound fantastic.

Thanks, my wife is the biggest critic as she loves the game and the films. She said 'it feels like being part of the film' which is a decent compliment!

#1724 6 years ago
Quoted from Lord_of_the_pins:

Haha, rock on! I too just made a ~16 hour drive to snag mine game is worth it!

#1725 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Haha, rock on! I too just made a ~16 hour drive to snag mine game is worth it!

Sounds like you drove to Mirror and back! Enjoy your game

#1726 6 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

» Vimeo video
» Vimeo video

Wow, how can I get that on my LOTR?

#1728 6 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

» Vimeo video
» Vimeo video

WHOWW... amazing !!! I want this

#1729 6 years ago
Quoted from Lord_of_the_pins:

Looks great

#1730 6 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

» Vimeo video
» Vimeo video

Nice! Sounds like some serious work went into this, gonna have to give it a listen on my computer speakers. I imagine the sample rate is better than the origionals as well. May have to get one, are you willing to share ?

#1731 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Nice! Sounds like some serious work went into this, gonna have to give it a listen on my computer speakers. I imagine the sample rate is better than the origionals as well. May have to get one, are you willing to share ?

The music sound quality is ace, voice samples are DVD audio quality. I'm biased as I've spent time on this but it sounds amazing. I would like to work on finalising some more sound effects then I'll post it.

For those who already have a Pinsound card and Whitestar adaptor there is already an OST mix in the Pinsound community pages. It's very good but what I'm working on is closer to the films and specific music for each scene. I also spent time working out how modes such as the ringwraithes and TTT MB level up so it all hangs together in terms of the musical progression.

Note: a lot of original effects will remain such as all of John Rhys Jones callouts but it's still a huge improvement

edit: what I mean by music levelling up - listen to what happens when I make the cave shot in the escape the wraithes sequence, this happens 4 times in total in that mode so the music builds throughout. TTT MB is even more effective

#1732 6 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

» Vimeo video
» Vimeo video

I have a hard time using the word "need" when it comes to pinball... but I'm going to need that.

#1733 6 years ago

My goodness wool, you have knocked me out - very impressive!

#1734 6 years ago

I want that sound package too!!!

#1735 6 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

» Vimeo video
» Vimeo video

I love the sound package as well, however I miss the main theme sound of the music, which is installed in the moment. Have you deleted this? The additional music tracks for the mods are perfect.

#1736 6 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

I love the sound package as well, however I miss the main theme sound of the music, which is installed in the moment. Have you deleted this? The additional music tracks for the mods are perfect.

That's the good thing you can add in what you want, if you want a mix of vanilla vs. new mix then it's up to you

#1737 6 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

That's the good thing you can add in what you want, if you want a mix of vanilla vs. new mix then it's up to you

I prefer a mix of vanilla and chocolate Understand what you mean. Thanks and enjoy your mix.

#1738 6 years ago

thewool you bastard! Another $400 down the drain haha. First time I was ever compelled to buy one of these, great stuff. Please be sure to share your mix when you're happy with it

#1739 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

First time I was ever compelled to buy one of these, great stuff.

Couldn't agree more. I think it is spectacular and makes the game even more immersive. If Mr. Wool is willing to share...it is going to be really hard not to do this after hearing it.

I have never messed with Pinsound before, but do you basically just download the audio file to the Pinsound board and then install the board(s) in the backbox? I watched the Whitestar installation video on the Pinsound site and it looks pretty straightforward.

#1740 6 years ago

Yup. The only limit to how big your audio file is would be your USB stick, which to my understanding you simply download the file to and leave in the board. I believe it does take about an hour or so when you initially put the stick in to convert everything.

#1741 6 years ago

Apologies for the expense Gorilla but I think you might be happy when you play it I will definitely be sharing it so no worries about that.

When I upload it I'll do so as a wav file so people don't have to wait for the conversion. When it eventually goes on the Pinsound forum I think they convert it back to .ogg files to save site space.

#1742 6 years ago

High five buddy!

#1743 6 years ago

I´m looking forward to get your soundset , i can imagine how much work is behind. Please share it and post a link for download when it´s ready

#1744 6 years ago

Can anyone explain how the ball sometimes gets up on the wire form when it is shot in the Gimli VUK? It happens too fast for me to see what is happening. This happens quite a lot. Thanks.

#1745 6 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Can anyone explain how the ball sometimes gets up on the wire form when it is shot in the Gimli VUK? It happens too fast for me to see what is happening. This happens quite a lot. Thanks.

--Edit..misunderstood question

#1746 6 years ago

The ball will sometimes bounce off of the metal edging behind the VUK/saucer and jump upwards into the wireform without the activating the VUK/awarding the shot.

#1747 6 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

The ball will sometimes bounce off of the metal edging behind the VUK/saucer and jump upwards into the wireform without the activating the VUK/awarding the shot.

That makes more sense as an issue. Never seen it.

#1748 6 years ago

Just picked up a lotr

IMG_7602 (resized).PNGIMG_7602 (resized).PNG

#1749 6 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Just picked up a lotr

Welcome to JACKPOT TWOOOOOo

#1750 6 years ago

Put up 268M last night, got all 7 gifts, played TABA, but failed to beat FOTR and ROTK... Valinor awaits.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 12.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,193 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 204.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-lord-of-the-rings-journey-begins-members-club/page/35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.