IMG_0841 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0840 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2852 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240315-080536 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240315-080458 (resized).png
IMG_8433.jpeg
IMG_2627 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,135 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 203.
#1601 6 years ago

There is no lamp indicating what shot is needed to start fellowship multiball, other than the indicators in the middle.

When you collect each one, there is a unique call out that helps me remember who goes with each shot when I play. Usually Boromir is last, meaning more pops are needed.

1 week later
#1602 6 years ago

If any one is having issues with lights going out during fellowship I figured out that the issue only occurs when I skip the intro to the mode. Definetly a 4.x software issue. Waiting on shipping for my 10.x rom.

#1603 6 years ago

I will order some Panels today
Euro 105,- free shiping to USA

only 1 left to order

first come first get

Panel_Stern_alt_Lord_A (resized).jpgPanel_Stern_alt_Lord_A (resized).jpg

#1604 6 years ago

I have had a shaker in my regular edition LOTR for a few months and it is too violent. It is a regular motor from Cointaker not the red tremor. I swapped the motor from my Stern ST and it is good in the LOTR. The CT motor was put in the ST and it is too violent in that one! I contacted CT and was told I can send it back and get a Stern motor to replace it at additional cost. I cannot find this motor on their website or I would have gotten it in the first place. Anyone else have this happen? Thanks.

#1605 6 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I have had a shaker in my regular edition LOTR for a few months and it is too violent. It is a regular motor from Cointaker not the red tremor. I swapped the motor from my Stern ST and it is good in the LOTR. The CT motor was put in the ST and it is too violent in that one! I contacted CT and was told I can send it back and get a Stern motor to replace it at additional cost. I cannot find this motor on their website or I would have gotten it in the first place. Anyone else have this happen? Thanks.

I have the same problem in both my Tron and Xmen pins. I was thinking about getting a stern one to see how different it is as i can't play my pins at night, at the moment, due to the noise etc

#1606 6 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I've never tired anything but the Stern shakers but I really like them. I get all mine at PBL when I order other parts'n'things to consolidate shipping.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1352

#1607 6 years ago

I try to buy from PBL unless they don't have the parts. I knew CT had shakers and I wanted to get a back box LED kit. I did finally find the shakers from PBL. The prices at PBL are good also. I did not see that they had the Stern motors. The motor I have in LOTR is so loud it drowns out the Balrog roar. I think the cabinet will not survive. Waiting to hear back for more info from CT.

#1608 6 years ago

I have a few sets of LOTR decals left over if anyone is interested - they are usual quality high rez, vinyl easy to apply, laminated etc.
Last run for now so grab em while you can. PM if anyone is interested.

preview (resized).jpgpreview (resized).jpg

IMG_1913 (resized).jpgIMG_1913 (resized).jpg

IMG_1891 (resized).jpgIMG_1891 (resized).jpg

IMG_1899 (resized).jpgIMG_1899 (resized).jpg

#1609 6 years ago

Bump for SillyOldElf's decals, they are super high quality and look gorgeous. They also work just as well in The Hobbit as they do in LOTR!

#1610 6 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Bump for SillyOldElf's decals, they are super high quality and look gorgeous. They also work just as well in The Hobbit as they do in LOTR!

These are indeed amazing! I've had my NIB lotr since 2004 and it wasn't until I saw these that i found a set worthy of the pin. I cant recomend them highly enough. It not only very much fits the theme of each area of the game but it also reminds me of the book illustrations as well.

#1611 6 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

These are indeed amazing! I've had my NIB lotr since 2004 and it wasn't until I saw these that i found a set worthy of the pin. I cant recomend them highly enough. It not only very much fits the theme of each area of the game but it also reminds me of the book illustrations as well.

Would you go with those decals or mirrors?

#1612 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

So I had the game of my life today. 5 ball game but the action was all done at ball 4. Valinor!!!! I dtr all 4 times I went there. Crazy game. Played off and on all morning. First ball I couldn't hit a shot at first. Then all the multiballs went my way. I got one ball stuck behind the Balrog so that helped me finish fellowship (but I did it another time too). Wild game. Too fun. I confirmed that after you make it to Valinor, it all starts over (meaning you don't get to keep credit for finishing the multiballs--- I started them all one more time and dtr but was told I still had to complete fellowship).

Which speaker inserts are those? PDI? Pinball.center? Someone else?

Thx

#1613 6 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Would you go with those decals or mirrors?

My 2 cents, the decals. There is no other set of decals for any pin that I've seen that actually help tell the story and set the atmosphere. I do prefer the decals over blades anyway though. They look nice but every set I've had, has eventually scratched when raising the pf.

#1614 6 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

I will order some Panels today
Euro 105,- free shiping to USA
only 1 left to order
first come first get

my last panel 85,- euro inclusive shipping !!

1lord (resized).jpg1lord (resized).jpg

#1615 6 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

my last panel 85,- euro inclusive shipping !!

Sold!

#1616 6 years ago

I've owned my LOTR since buying it HOU from original owner year it came out. I'm contemplating selling it off and rotating in a new pin.

Someone try talking me out of it. (I also own a Hobbit)

#1617 6 years ago

HELP! About 20% of the time when a ball drains it won't register. It doesn't seem to matter what mode I'm in or even if I'm in a mode. I tested the trough switches and they test okay so I don't know what to check next. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Also I haven't worked on a ton of pinballs so you might have to explain it to me like I'm 3 lol

#1618 6 years ago

Did you recently replace the balls with chrome steel? They magnetize and get hung up in the trough. If so, go back to carbon-steel or get one of the plastic pieces that fits in the bottom of the trough.

#1619 6 years ago

I did recently replace the balls but I used carbon steel balls from Marco.

#1620 6 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I've owned my LOTR since buying it HOU from original owner year it came out. I'm contemplating selling it off and rotating in a new pin.
Someone try talking me out of it. (I also own a Hobbit)

Sell Hobbit and keep LOTR. Hobbit pales compared to LOTR. Imho of course.

#1621 6 years ago

I have a Problem with my ball through upkicker.

It needs 3-4 trys before it feeds the shooterlane.

It feels very weak.

I have the stronger upgrade coils for the flippers installed and coil setting is set to normal.

I cleaned the tube and the mechanics.

What else can i do?

Hope you can help me guys.

Thank you

#1622 6 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

I have a Problem with my ball through upkicker.
It needs 3-4 trys before it feeds the shooterlane.
It feels very weak.
I have the stronger upgrade coils for the flippers installed and coil setting is set to normal.
I cleaned the tube and the mechanics.
What else can i do?
Hope you can help me guys.
Thank you

Balls could be magnetized to each other or the eject scoop welds broke.

#1623 6 years ago

Got a new shaker from Pinball life. Took out the CT motor that was destroying the cabinet! The PF one is perfect. It works like the one in my Stern Star Trek. Wish I would have gotten that one first.

#1624 6 years ago

I have crystal clear mini post rubbers on my LOTR. I searched pinballife and titan and theirs are not crystal clear. Anybody know where I might find them as I need a few more. Thanks.

#1625 6 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

I have crystal clear mini post rubbers on my LOTR. I searched pinballife and titan and theirs are not crystal clear. Anybody know where I might find them as I need a few more. Thanks.

Is this it? Superbands clear flipper rubbers are close to crystal clear so I would assume the post sleeves would be as well.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3304

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3358

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3305

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1626 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Is this it? Superbands clear flipper rubbers are close to crystal clear so I would assume the post sleeves would be as well.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3304

Thanks, I emailed Terry and asked if the transparent mini post rubbers were crystal clear.

#1627 6 years ago

I just posted my LOTR for sale in Ca, if anyone is interested?

#1628 6 years ago

Sorry, forgot to mention on Craigslist Sacramento.

#1629 6 years ago

Pinball Life has the Super-Band clear mini post rubbers. 23-6535-SB for 7/16, 23-6626-SB for 3/8. I have all clear or translucent in all my pins.

#1630 6 years ago

Terry from pinballife confirmed clear, ordered up, thanks all

#1631 6 years ago

OK Middle Earth folk, I got my LOTR last weekend and I made a couple custom decals. To me, the palantir is not always an eye, hence the inviting palantir target decal; the first time I saw the Shire hole it felt like it should be a hobbit hole. So here you go:

IMG_0354 (resized).JPGIMG_0354 (resized).JPG

IMG_0353 (resized).JPGIMG_0353 (resized).JPG

#1632 6 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

OK Middle Earth folk, I got my LOTR last weekend and I made a couple custom decals. To me, the palantir is not always an eye, hence the inviting palantir target decal; the first time I saw the Shire hole it felt like it should be a hobbit hole. So here you go:

Nice one. How do you make the decals printing wise?

#1633 6 years ago
Quoted from lb1:

Nice one. How do you make the decals printing wise?

Thanks, normally I use the vinyl matte inkjet stickers and then I laminate over the top with a laminate film. For the Shire hole I used a removable sticker then laminate because there was a clear protector underneath. Also, in case I want to change it out later it would be easier.

#1634 6 years ago

Is there a good way to dim the elf ring led? Its blinding me. Like looking into headlights with the brights on.

#1635 6 years ago
Quoted from mesmashu:

Is there a good way to dim the elf ring led? Its blinding me. Like looking into headlights with the brights on.

Not sure what LED you mean, pics please. Either way, you could swap in a frosted LED. There is no way to dim that I know of.

#1636 6 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

Not sure what LED you mean,

The ring-collection LEDs, between the flippers. They are SMD all on one board.

#1637 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

The ring-collection LEDs, between the flippers. They are SMD all on one board.

Ahh, then you need the ledocd.com board to customize that LED array. A costly upgrade for that one issue but if you are going to trick out your LOTR with LEDs it might be worth it. I have one in mine but I have not tinkered with it yet. If interested I would check with him first to make sure it actually controls that array as I do not see it listed in the CSV file for the LOTR config.

#1638 6 years ago

Just put a thin piece of opaque diffuser film between the LED ring board and the playfield. Or use a blank piece of white paper, for a quick and cheap fix.

#1639 6 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Just put a thin piece of opaque diffuser film between the LED ring board and the playfield. Or use a blank piece of white paper, for a quick and cheap fix.

Simple and elegant, there I am overthinking it again. I saw some people had issues with that round piece that has the ring artwork on it, so approach with caution Bandit.

#1640 6 years ago

FYI - I recently had to replace the Gimli switch on my LOTR. My first go at it I purchased a few of the expensive Y switches and unfortunately didn't have any luck getting the new switches to trigger reliably. I stumbled upon a post where drummermike recommended the 180-5209-00 switch so I bought three of them. Installed one and quickly realized I should have read the post more carefully because you have to bend the end of the switch to get it to work otherwise the pinball wont make contact with the switch.

So after bending it flat and cutting the end so it wasn't being struck by the VUK I thought... why not break off the Y part of the old switch and reuse it? So I did that and super glued it to the top of the other switch and wrapped them together with a piece of tape. The thing works perfectly and is extremely responsive.

Moral of the story. Don't buy those expensive crappy Y switches. Keep your old ones and break off the Y part and reuse them on cheaper 180-5209-00 switches. Hope this helps other new LOTR members replacing their first VUK switch.

On another note, has anyone used threaded inserts for that whole VUK assembly? Good/Bad idea?

#1641 6 years ago
Quoted from mesmashu:

So I did that and super glued it to the top of the other switch...

My friend, what you have here is a golden excuse to buy a spot welder!

Thanks for the idea! I was just about to buy a couple more OEM switches but I will try this instead.

#1642 6 years ago

Yeah, welding would have been a lot cooler, but this was a quick and dirty prototype.

For the elf ring I ended up cutting a circle piece out of some spare computer privacy screen material and taped a small piece of white paper on it to cover the 3 blinding elf led's. hawknole, I remember reading that post where the guy punched through his playfield messing with this so I made sure that the new height with plastic and paper is not touching it at all. I also did not screw it in as tight as it was before just for piece of mind. Much better now!

#1643 6 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

I like the way yours came out.

Here is a die cut decal we have to offer also if anyones interested.
https://www.pingraffix.com/customer-gallery?lightbox=dataItem-ioxylaid1

#1644 6 years ago
Quoted from mesmashu:

remember reading that post where the guy punched through his playfield messing with this so I made sure that the new height with plastic and paper is not touching it at all.

I remember that as well, and it still scares me. I never want to touch that area because of that post. Here's to hoping I never have an LED go bad in that board.

#1645 6 years ago

Hey yelobird, is this the plastic you need? It still has the plastic paper on front and back.

20170629_165152 (resized).jpg20170629_165152 (resized).jpg

#1646 6 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

I like the way yours came out.
Here is a die cut decal we have to offer also if anyones interested.
https://www.pingraffix.com/customer-gallery?lightbox=dataItem-ioxylaid1

Cool, yours was the inspiration for my custom.

#1647 6 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Hey yelobird, is this the plastic you need? It still has the plastic paper on front and back.

Yes!! I believe it should say -26. I sent you a PM. Thank you SO much for considering helping me out!!

Dave

#1648 6 years ago

Update: well that didn't last long. The Y part broke off. Going to have to solder.

#1649 6 years ago

The ST switch in the Gimli hole may not have to be modified. I did not cut mine. I only bent it slightly to clear the VUK plunger. The curved end must stay on the contact the ball. This new switch has been working flawlessly and I play LOTR a lot. I posted a picture before showing the new switch install. The "Y" causes too much side movement in the switch.

#1650 6 years ago

I posted the picture under LOTR Gimli vuk. Check it out.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 39.50
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models
Plastics
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 12.95
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,135 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-lord-of-the-rings-journey-begins-members-club/page/33 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.