By skywalker

2 years ago

Stats

• 2,064 posts
  • 294 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by kingau
  • Topic is favorited by 170 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 453 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Untitled (resized).png
FB_IMG_15105331259901 (resized).jpg
790717BB-016D-412C-9B38-078C69DF29BE.jpeg
30796174-4CC7-447E-B582-11E75AC1EC8E (resized).jpeg
IMG_3690 (resized).jpg
IMG_3687 (resized).jpg
IMG_3686 (resized).jpg
89BA7B22-4FC8-4C29-8C03-7293477CC399 (resized).jpeg
010FAFD4-C65A-455A-A59D-CD9B8AA2F5D2 (resized).jpeg
2F3AB3AC-C731-4A8B-B393-763AF7B8424A (resized).jpeg
E723123C-2286-45AF-8F74-AB321F8B28DD (resized).jpeg
44C5C20F-83EA-45B1-820F-38EA1212B2AF (resized).jpeg
20171102_214228 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20171103-200259 (resized).jpg
George_Gomez_Game_Designer.jpg
wood (resized).JPG

There are 2064 posts in topic. You are on page 30 of 42.
#1451 8 months ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Did you just use an engraver to make that? Looks awesome! You should start selling them.

I had this professionally laser etched and cut. If anyone is interested in one PM me. If there's enough interest I'll get more made.

And thank you to the detectives -- I meant the poem was no where to be found on the playfield or plastics, at least from what I can see...

#1452 8 months ago

What, can no one here speak Mordorish! Of course the poem is there on the playfield. Check the pop caps.

20170306_072443 (resized).jpg

#1453 8 months ago
Quoted from Thrillhouse:

What, can no one here speak Mordorish! Of course the poem is there on the playfield. Check the pop caps.

It's also around the elven gift inserts too. That's why my original post had the line "(other than in script form)" in it.

#1454 8 months ago

The bottom of my spinner is forward and I have no trouble making the ring shot. I do have the stronger flipper coils.

I just replaced the fluorescent tube in the back box with a Cointaker color changing panel. It is so much better. I had to change the #6 holes to #8 by drilling and tapping to use the supplied mounting hardware.

#1455 8 months ago
Quoted from T-800:

Was tired of looking at the plain clear plastic overhanging the return on the left ramp so I decided to design my own mod. I thought it was strange the most common poem from the books isn't anywhere to be found on the game (other than in script form). Simple, but fills the space nicely.

That looks nice! I believe the poem is on the DMD in attract mode (unless mine is custom ---edit--- looks like a hundred people beat me to that!).

Someone made a nice custom wireform to serve the same purpose. I have an extra if anyone wants one.

#1456 8 months ago
Quoted from drummermike:

The bottom of my spinner is forward and I have no trouble making the ring shot. I do have the stronger flipper coils.

Same here.

#1457 8 months ago

New to the club and looking to add a few mods. What are the best speaker lights for this? I'd like gold with the ring overlay and saw a few out there but not sure which one is the nicest. Also, is the Path of the Dead mod worth it? Considering that or spending a bit more and getting a led/LCD color screen. Appreciate any feedback

#1458 8 months ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

New to the club and looking to add a few mods. What are the best speaker lights for this? I'd like gold with the ring overlay and saw a few out there but not sure which one is the nicest. Also, is the Path of the Dead mod worth it? Considering that or spending a bit more and getting a led/LCD color screen. Appreciate any feedback

Potd mod is cool, but if it's between that and the ColorDMD, get the ColorDMD. Also, if you're LEDing the inserts, definitely look into LedOCD.

#1459 8 months ago
Quoted from nman:

Potd mod is cool, but if it's between that and the ColorDMD, get the ColorDMD. Also, if you're LEDing the inserts, definitely look into LedOCD.

Which ColorDmd is better LED OR LCD?

#1460 8 months ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

They are different, it's personal preference.

LED is brighter, some would say too bright.
LCD has more display options, some don't care about those.

Personally, I like to use dots xl mode so I won't buy led.

#1461 8 months ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

As Maken said, it's completely a personal opinion. I actually like the LED version more but.

#1462 8 months ago

Any recommendations on the speaker lights?

#1463 8 months ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Any recommendations on the speaker lights?

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/

The gold ring acrylics are available there too. They look quite nice.

#1464 8 months ago

Do those light up when the game is powered on or are they powered separately?

#1465 8 months ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Do those light up when the game is powered on or are they powered separately?

They light up when the game is powered on since the plug into the accessory power connector

#1466 8 months ago

Free to good home, just pay shipping. Approximate size is 9 in x 9 in x 9 in. I intended to use it as a topper but lost it and now I don't need a topper. Same toy line as the playfield figures. First pm gets it.

Edit: This has been claimed. Thanks.

P1010090 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#1467 8 months ago

I want to buy a lord of the ring pin, how much do they cost if they are in great condition ?

#1468 8 months ago
Quoted from TouchingEvil:

I want to buy a lord of the ring pin, how much do they cost if they are in great condition ?

Great condition on pinside seems to be 5000-5500. Good condition to routed machine under 5000 seems tougher to find and they go quick at that price, but you do see them around

#1469 8 months ago

anyone interested in this stainless steel speaker panel

Panel_Stern_alt_Lord_A (resized).jpg

#1470 8 months ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

I am

#1471 8 months ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

I might be but I think I would prefer it with the speaker openings completely open. I prefer the look of the ring acrylics with speaker lights.

#1472 8 months ago

Possibly if there is shipping to the UK.

#1473 8 months ago
Quoted from TouchingEvil:

5-6k

#1474 8 months ago

Been searching this forum for info on lighting Balrog. I have the LED mod on my machine but it is so dim ....stuck a 47 in there for fun and wow....love the way it looks but of course doesn't last very long. Bought some 12v red leds from LEDlight (suggested) but they don't seem to work. Thinking about going back to the 89 socket and flasher bulb. Saw a link to comet and a led for the 44/47 socket. Anyone with experience with that or any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.

#1475 8 months ago

Hey guys. I had the ribbon cable upside down going to my display. I think I wrecked the rom. I pulled the chip, erased it and tried burning version 9 to it again, but I still get just a blank DMD. What all should I be burning to the chip for the version 9 of the display rom? Any help is super appreciated. Thanks.

#1476 8 months ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Hey guys. I had the ribbon cable upside down going to my display. I think I wrecked the rom. I pulled the chip, erased it and tried burning version 9 to it again, but I still get just a blank DMD. What all should I be burning to the chip for the version 9 of the display rom? Any help is super appreciated. Thanks.

I don't know crap about burning ROM's, but why aren't you on v.10?

#1477 8 months ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I don't know crap about burning ROM's, but why aren't you on v.10?

I will get to 10, but I know 9 works so I want to get back there first.

#1478 7 months ago

Anyone interested in the ramp plastic mod I designed can now buy them on laseriffic's website.

https://shop.laseriffic.com/collections/pinball-mods/products/lotr-plastic-replacement-piece

49256788fad8056889e2a02acbc9cac4fca2b10e (resized).jpg

#1479 7 months ago
Quoted from T-800:

Anyone interested in the ramp plastic mod I designed can now buy them on laseriffic's website.
https://shop.laseriffic.com/collections/pinball-mods/products/lotr-plastic-replacement-piece

That's nice Scott. I took that plastic off completely because I never had issues there and I didn't like the look. I would put this on though.

#1480 7 months ago
Quoted from LesManley:

That's nice Scott. I took that plastic off completely because I never had issues there and I didn't like the look. I would put this on though.

That's kind of funny/interesting. I actually had more problems with the stock plastic on than with it off - it kept wanting to flex down and it would trap slow moving balls between the plastic and the ramp wire form. This etched acrylic is stiffer and I ended up putting a washer underneath it as well just to make sure there is plenty of clearance. At least the ugly "fix" is now some interesting that ties into the Tolkien lore.

#1481 7 months ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

Agreed, I would be interested in this with open speaker cutouts

#1482 7 months ago
Quoted from Radius118:

I might be but I think I would prefer it with the speaker openings completely open. I prefer the look of the ring acrylics with speaker lights.

Same here.

#1483 7 months ago

i will get the panels tody
2 pieces in stock

Panel_Stern_alt_Lord_A_clean.pdf

#1484 7 months ago

I've been playing my SM (which I just got) so had not played LotR for a while, just played a couple quick games and feel like the rules on Lotr are second to none (or second to one that is Tspp).

I've heard tell that Woz rules are fantastic as well, but don't have much time playing that pin to tell.

#1485 7 months ago
Quoted from T-800:

That is quite nice looking.

#1486 7 months ago

Any club members know where I can buy a center ramp? Seems to be sold out at the usual stores.

#1487 7 months ago
Quoted from Maken:

Any club members know where I can buy a center ramp? Seems to be sold out at the usual stores.

Try seeing if one of the plating/powder coating guys (like pinballplatingandmore.com) has one. It'd be super shiny too!

#1488 7 months ago

only 1 piece left

Panel_Stern_alt_Lord_A_clean.pdf

#1489 7 months ago

Ok, years of mis-hearing a call out, and I'm not sure I even want to fix it, because, you know, it's part of my life and all, but here goes..what the hell is "mango silence"? You know where it is if you play enough.

#1490 7 months ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

what the hell is "mango silence"?

What character says it?

#1491 7 months ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

What character says it?

I think it's Gandalf, but it could be some other old guy. The same voice that says the something is under attack.

It's inside a multiball.

#1492 7 months ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

what the hell is "mango silence"?

That is Gimli blurting out "mind those ladders" during Two Towers Multiball.

#1493 7 months ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

That is Gimli blurting out "mind those ladders" during Two Towers Multiball.

Haha. Excellent. Thanks. A little part of me has died though, as it always made me chuckle.

#1494 7 months ago

Reminds me of song lyrics I can't figure out and I just sing nonsense.

#1495 7 months ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Try seeing if one of the plating/powder coating guys (like pinballplatingandmore.com) has one. It'd be super shiny too!

Thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately Ron does not have the center ramp.

Hoping that someone has one kicking around that they don't need, maybe I'll start a WTB thread.

#1496 7 months ago
Quoted from T-800:

Picked one of these up the other day. Looks great!!

#1497 7 months ago

Can anyone tell me what makes the lamps (lanes) on the potd change/advance? I need to make every shot there count. Stupid rotk multiball kicks my a$$.

Also, a quick rundown on when the post back there should be active to deposit the ball into the tower?

Thanks in advance.

#1498 7 months ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Can anyone tell me what makes the lamps (lanes) on the potd change/advance? I need to make every shot there count. Stupid rotk multiball kicks my a$$.
Also, a quick rundown on when the post back there should be active to deposit the ball into the tower?
Thanks in advance.

Choose War Of The Ents as your first mode. It will deposit all loop shots into the tower then onto the Path Of The Dead.
Shooting the left loop after the ball has come down the right inlane will bring up the post and drop the ball into the tower again.

#1499 7 months ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Can anyone tell me what makes the lamps (lanes) on the potd change/advance?

As far as I'm aware, it is the white targets that advance them. So ring target (on the lower right), target at the top of the shire, and the target at the top of the sword ramp on the right increase the number of souls you collect on the POTD.

UPDATE: Yup, I just tested it. The Target in the Shire and the Ring (lower right) target advance the values for the number of souls. The one at the back of the sword ramp triggers awarding rings for the shot and sometimes advanced the soul value, but it was hard to determine exactly from other events.

#1500 7 months ago
Quoted from Maken:

I have one for trade, any data east stuff ?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Machine - For Sale
East Lansing, MI
$ 170.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Mods
$ 15.00
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 18.99
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 60.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 229.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballBulbs
$ 43.50
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9.95
£ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
There are 2064 posts in topic. You are on page 30 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside