lotr DMD (resized).jpg
IMG_2022 (resized).jpg
IMG_2021 (resized).jpg
20221125_172723 (resized).jpg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20221125_144101872 (resized).jpg
20221118_204222 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,985 posts in this topic. You are on page 179 of 180.
#8901 15 days ago

Does anyone have or know where the Fire Ring mod is still available? 2Niro and MezelMods are both out. If not available, any guesses where to buy the halo light to attempt to make my own? I'd much rather buy a complete one, but it's too cool a mod not to have on LOTR.Ring (resized).jpg

OIP (resized).jpg
#8902 14 days ago
Quoted from jazc4:

Does anyone have or know where the Fire Ring mod is still available? 2Niro and MezelMods are both out. If not available, any guesses where to buy the halo light to attempt to make my own? I'd much rather buy a complete one, but it's too cool a mod not to have on LOTR.[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Contact him on [email protected]

He has some. 120 euro. I bought one 2 days ago.

And make sure you spell his name properly. I kept incorrectly messaging him as Frank.

Great guy. Good luck!

#8903 14 days ago
Quoted from jazc4:

Does anyone have or know where the Fire Ring mod is still available? 2Niro and MezelMods are both out. If not available, any guesses where to buy the halo light to attempt to make my own? I'd much rather buy a complete one, but it's too cool a mod not to have on LOTR.[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I think he made some more, i just bought him one week ago. Maybe he still have some in stock.
Indeed, his mods are the best mods for LOTR it's a must have. I bought him the 3 mods.

#8904 14 days ago

+1000 on the fire ring..One of the best mods on my LotR! I can't imagine the game without it. And I have some hefty mods on mine already, so this speaks very well for the fire ring, or 'ring of fire'...Currently, I'm trying to source a clear acrylic sting sword (with the elvish engravings), to attach over the metal sword ramp (on the right)..I have the handle mod, but this idea of mine is pretty good, actually..because you will be able to see the ball travel through the clear acrylic sword..AND it would light up blue when something interesting goes off in-game..like balrog or something else. I just can't find and make a clear blade to complete my vision. *it would be lit at the base of the sword, going straight down through the length of the blade.

#8905 14 days ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

+1000 on the fire ring..One of the best mods on my LotR! I can't imagine the game without it. And I have some hefty mods on mine already, so this speaks very well for the fire ring, or 'ring of fire'...Currently, I'm trying to source a clear acrylic sting sword (with the elvish engravings), to attach over the metal sword ramp (on the right)..I have the handle mod, but this idea of mine is pretty good, actually..because you will be able to see the ball travel through the clear acrylic sword..AND it would light up blue when something interesting goes off in-game..like balrog or something else. I just can't find and make a clear blade to complete my vision. *it would be lit at the base of the sword, going straight down through the length of the blade.

That sounds cool actually.

#8906 14 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

And make sure you spell his name properly. I kept incorrectly messaging him as Frank.
Great guy. Good luck!

Thanks!!! Email sent. Fingers cross that he has one. I'm so freaking excited.

#8907 14 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Great guy. Good luck!

Already heard back from Franck and the process is going. This is gonna be awesome!!

#8908 14 days ago
Quoted from jazc4:

Already heard back from Franck and the process is going. This is gonna be awesome!!

Agreed. After reading KING-HENRY banging on about it every 2nd post, I was thinking I’m going to have to sell the damn pin unless I can steal one from someone

#8909 14 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Agreed. After reading KING-HENRY banging on about it every 2nd post, I was thinking I’m going to have to sell the damn pin unless I can steal one from someone

LMFAO...

#8910 12 days ago
Quoted from jazc4:

i bought one yesterday too. i also bought a palantir mod. Aparantly is a second version. saw the Video and its soo nice. it now shows more, not just the Eye.

#8911 12 days ago

My new topper haha.

20221118_204222 (resized).jpg
#8912 12 days ago
Quoted from Ranpastrana:

i bought one yesterday too. i also bought a palantir mod. Aparantly is a second version. saw the Video and its soo nice. it now shows more, not just the Eye.

what else does it show?? link?

#8913 12 days ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

what else does it show?? link?

“we carried out a recent update of the control system with an even more efficient card than the previous one, with a higher storage capacity which now uses information from the switch matrix for interaction. This allows to have an additional animation in the hole of the Gollum which is reserved for him with a cult moment of the film.”

He posted that and a video here

https://www.2niro-pinball.com/palantir-lord-of-the-rings/1883/

#8914 12 days ago
Quoted from Ranpastrana:

I got in on that one too!

#8915 12 days ago

I'm assuming this additional video is reserved for Gollum MB? Any other differences than that?

#8916 12 days ago
Quoted from adrock:

“we carried out a recent update of the control system with an even more efficient card than the previous one, with a higher storage capacity which now uses information from the switch matrix for interaction. This allows to have an additional animation in the hole of the Gollum which is reserved for him with a cult moment of the film.”
He posted that and a video here
https://www.2niro-pinball.com/palantir-lord-of-the-rings/1883/

that's friken AWESOME..SO, it's a little video monitor, built into the back of the palantir globe???? If so, Meesa wants one...who wants my old Palantir Globe with just the eye? (lol) ..

#8917 12 days ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

When you develop it, you should send one to me for free. Excellent idea!

Quoted from KING-HENRY:

that's friken AWESOME..SO, it's a little video monitor, built into the back of the palantir globe???? If so, Meesa wants one...who wants my old Palantir Globe with just the eye? (lol) ..

Don’t make me regret my decision just to keep the standard eye one!!

#8918 11 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

When you develop it, you should send one to me for free. Excellent idea!

Don’t make me regret my decision just to keep the standard eye one!!

That’s funny man . Go put another shrimp on the barbie, and I’ll get crackin’ on sourcing the sting blade. Cheers mate!

#8919 11 days ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

That’s funny man . Go put another shrimp on the barbie, and I’ll get crackin’ on sourcing the sting blade. Cheers mate!

We call them prawns. Bloody Paul Hogan sold us out.

#8920 11 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

We call them prawns. Bloody Paul Hogan sold us out.

bummer~! But at least he knows what a knife is! ymmv

#8921 11 days ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

bummer~! But at least he knows what a knife is! ymmv

Noice!

Edit: seriously though let me know if the upgrade for the new crystal ball thing is worth it.

#8922 11 days ago

All his Palantir's have a screen, that's how the eye is projected with movement. I am guessing from the translation that the proprietary controller (the box with his name on it) is just more capable now and can show additional footage specific to other switch events rather than just the single switch under the globe.

#8923 11 days ago

+1 for quick reply from Franck. I’m working on getting the new V2 Palantir and also Fire Ring. I have a LOTR coming this week. Any other must have mods that the group recommends?

#8924 11 days ago

I have a problem on my lotr, on ringwraiths and war of the ents the ring wont "swish" the ball thru and it just sits there untill i shake it loose (all other modes work fine), im guessing its a software bug? Is there a fix?

#8925 11 days ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

All his Palantir's have a screen, that's how the eye is projected with movement. I am guessing from the translation that the proprietary controller (the box with his name on it) is just more capable now and can show additional footage specific to other switch events rather than just the single switch under the globe.

ok, now I'm really confused on this..it's been a dog's age' since I installed the palintir globe..and I guess it had some sorta box that attached underneath the playfield...I thought the static 'EYE' was just a printed peice of paper/artwork, and NOT VIDEO...Is this not true? Because if it does acutal video, then I want to upgrade the box to the current active 'scenes' of animation that he's got going on! (Unless I bought a different variation from someone else..don't remember). Mine was the $200 big globe version with the static Eye of Sauron, btw. ANY INSIGHT ON THIS BOYZ?

#8926 11 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Noice!
Edit: seriously though let me know if the upgrade for the new crystal ball thing is worth it.

"worth it" is in the 'eye of the beholder'..My honest opinion is that The globe is worth it, but not a deal-breaker imo..UNLESS it has the ability to be upgraded to the other video stuff that he's doing now. It's a sexy mod, don't get me wrong, but I always lean on 'form and funtion'..So it's a toss-up in that regard..but if live video is fed to this thing, ABSOFUKINLUTELY.

#8927 11 days ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

ok, now I'm really confused on this..it's been a dog's age' since I installed the palintir globe..and I guess it had some sorta box that attached underneath the playfield...I thought the static 'EYE' was just a printed peice of paper/artwork, and NOT VIDEO...Is this not true? Because if it does acutal video, then I want to upgrade the box to the current active 'scenes' of animation that he's got going on! (Unless I bought a different variation from someone else..don't remember). Mine was the $200 big globe version with the static Eye of Sauron, btw. ANY INSIGHT ON THIS BOYZ?

The 2Niro version has always had a video playing of the fire eye of sauron. I have that one. He has now added a short 2 sec video of gollum appearing in it when gollum multi is activated and I would guess a different harness/box so it can connect the gollum vuk. I didn't see any other switch/videos mentioned.
Sounds like you have a different static version.

#8928 11 days ago

Hi everyone, not much time to hang out on the forum these days, so many late orders, new projects that are struggling to be finalized, not to mention the restoration of PF and yet, I work every day without taking any rest .
I will still answer the questions and provide some clarifications.
we made a V2 because, as you know, we are living in a period of crisis which also affects electronic components, the equipment we used for the palantir V1 was increasingly hard to find.
we have therefore migrated to a more consistent and more efficient architecture.
Of course, we had to rewrite the whole program, the card used has a higher storage capacity and we thought why not improve the mod.
this is how two sequences were considered, in addition to the eye of sauron, a sequence with gollum for the hole of the gollum and a sequence with the finger of sauron and its ring with the inscriptions which ignite.
a change of trigger was therefore programmed using the switch matrix, unfortunately, this made a considerable number of bytes and it was impossible to have 3 different sequences, the finger and its ring were planned with the capture of the ball in the ring, but the resolution had to be lowered to save storage memory and the rendering was not satisfactory.
we decided to remove the one of the ring and the finger of sauron, that's it for the story.
in summary, what changes, a LORD OF THE RINGS logo appears at startup, the sequence of the eye on fire is more fluid and of better definition and the sequence of gollum appears when the ball falls into the hole of the gollum.
we added an attrack mod that lets the LOTR logo appear then the eye on fire every 150 seconds of inactivity.
as the triggers are made by the switch matrix, there is more interaction with the lighting..
all this had a cost that I passed on to V2.
for the ring of fire, I increased by 5€ because the components increased a lot and the price had never increased for a long time despite the incessant price increases of the supplies.
the barddur tower has also had its update with a new map and a new, prettier interaction.
i add here a link with the new vidéo sequence.

#8929 11 days ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

There is another possibily more than one other version made by other people that is static i.e. just a lit photo. His has always been animated i.e a screen aka the best one.

#8930 10 days ago
Quoted from F-2NIRO:

Hi everyone, not much time to hang out on the forum these days, so many late orders, new projects that are struggling to be finalized, not to mention the restoration of PF and yet, I work every day without taking any rest .
we made a V2 because, as you know, we are living in a period of crisis which also affects electronic components, the equipment we used for the palantir V1 was increasingly hard to find.
we have therefore migrated to a more consistent and more efficient architecture.
Of course, we had to rewrite the whole program, the card used has a higher storage capacity and we thought why not improve the mod.
this is how two sequences were considered, in addition to the eye of sauron, a sequence with gollum for the hole of the gollum and a sequence with the finger of sauron and its ring with the inscriptions which ignite.
a change of trigger was therefore programmed using the switch matrix, unfortunately, this made a considerable number of bytes and it was impossible to have 3 different sequences, the finger and its ring were planned with the capture of the ball in the ring, but the resolution had to be lowered to save storage memory and the rendering was not satisfactory.
we decided to remove the one of the ring and the finger of sauron, that's it for the story.
in summary, what changes, a LORD OF THE RINGS logo appears at startup, the sequence of the eye on fire is more fluid and of better definition and the sequence of gollum appears when the ball falls into the hole of the gollum.
we added an attrack mod that lets the LOTR logo appear then the eye on fire every 150 seconds of inactivity.
as the triggers are made by the switch matrix, there is more interaction with the lighting..
for the ring of fire, I increased by 5€ because the components increased a lot and the price had never increased for a long time despite the incessant price increases of the supplies.
the barddur tower has also had its update with a new map and a new, prettier interaction.

Franck, any possibility of providing an upgrade from V1 to V2 of the Palantir and Tower?

#8931 10 days ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

The one sold on Pinside is static and not video. Franck’s has always been video and is more expensive.

#8932 10 days ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

There is another possibily more than one other version made by other people that is static i.e. just a lit photo. His has always been animated i.e a screen aka the best one.

looks like I bought the wrong one! Can't win them all..At LEAST I got his fire ring..I didn't know this even existed.

#8933 10 days ago
Quoted from F-2NIRO:

All of your LOTR mods are a work of art. I’m so glad I was able to get in on them.

#8934 10 days ago
Quoted from F-2NIRO:

I may have missed it but how does one purchase this V2 Palantir? I don’t see anything on the market place so is it direct via email?

#8935 10 days ago
Quoted from briyau15:

I may have missed it but how does one purchase this V2 Palantir? I don’t see anything on the market place so is it direct via email?

Just Google Niro pinball mods or the link is above. You contact him through his website.

#8936 10 days ago
Quoted from briyau15:

Currently, to many requests and it's hard to have items in stock.
I am working with pre order by contacting me at this adress => [email protected]

#8937 8 days ago
Quoted from Ranpastrana:

Where are they selling the Palantir mod?

#8938 8 days ago
Quoted from F-2NIRO:

Currently, to many requests and it's hard to have items in stock.
I am working with pre order by contacting me at this adress => [email protected]

Hello I will be reaching out. Thank you for posting to the forum I never would have seen it otherwise!

#8939 7 days ago

What is a HUO great condition LOTR going for right now? No mods, no color DMD.. Just a very good condition one...

#8940 7 days ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

What is a HUO great condition LOTR going for right now? No mods, no color DMD.. Just a very good condition one...

Hate to say it but 9s-10ish seems to be going rate. Just bought one this week and I’ve owned this title twice before…crazy times

#8941 7 days ago

Putting this here for future reference:

I had white LEDs go out on the rings disk board. I saw some threads about replacing them. But the links were outdated. I bought these in frosted:

amazon.com link »

They worked great. Note that the long leg went in the circle pad side. They were bright but not overwhelming.

The old leds desoldered easily. It was a simple fix and cost like $5. The boards seemed to be sold out everywhere.

#8942 7 days ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Just purchased a HUO with color DMD and fresh set of LEDs for $9400. It is the cleanest looking LOTR I’ve ever seen and I’m pretty happy with the deal I got.
Adding tilt topper, new ROMs, NVRAM, art blades from Retro Refurbs, and Francks Palantir and Fire Ring.

#8943 7 days ago

I am surprised at these prices, I have always seen lower prices in France compared to the United States, at the moment, for a very nice standard lord, the prices are from 9500 to 11500€ .
these crazy prices are not just for lord but many other game.
indiana jones williams fetches outrageous prices too.

#8944 7 days ago

Just sold my LOTR last night for 11k CAD which is about 8200USD. ColorDMD, HUO, real nice game. Still took about 5-6 weeks to sell. Anyway I guess I am officially out of the club (again).

#8945 7 days ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Hate to say it but 9s-10ish seems to be going rate. Just bought one this week and I’ve owned this title twice before…crazy times

Quoted from ShooterMcD:

Just purchased a HUO with color DMD and fresh set of LEDs for $9400. It is the cleanest looking LOTR I’ve ever seen and I’m pretty happy with the deal I got.
Adding tilt topper, new ROMs, NVRAM, art blades from Retro Refurbs, and Francks Palantir and Fire Ring.

Quoted from MrMikeman:

Just sold my LOTR last night for 11k CAD which is about 8200USD. ColorDMD, HUO, real nice game. Still took about 5-6 weeks to sell. Anyway I guess I am officially out of the club (again).

The one i own is HUO and mint. No mods or color DMD. No broken plastics and looks great. I have a buyer at 9k. Seems like a fair price considering its pretty mint. Thanks guys..

#8946 7 days ago
Quoted from F-2NIRO:

I am surprised at these prices, I have always seen lower prices in France compared to the United States, at the moment, for a very nice standard lord, the prices are from 9500 to 11500€ .
these crazy prices are not just for lord but many other game.
indiana jones williams fetches outrageous prices too.

bought mine in France 7700 euros , playfield in perfect conditions, the outside decals with some minor marks, no mods, just full led.

But i saw some full mods at 10.500 euros and more

#8947 7 days ago

Thanksgiving weekend 15% off coupon is now active in my Pinside store including LOTR Palantir Mods and RUSH Mods!!

Coupon Code: WilliBF2022

Pinside Store: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1227-willipinball-mods

Please note that the LOTR Palantirs will be ready to ship on Monday.

#8948 7 days ago

I just installed a colordmd lcd on my LOTR and I've got a terrible glare of the spotlights down near the apron and some other gi bulbs. I hadn't noticed it before.. though not to say it wasn't there.

Not sure how to fix this. Anyone else have same issue?

#8949 7 days ago

Bought mine almost a year ago for $7K (poor score) from a 2nd owner of a HUO LotR in REALLY good shape, and with LOTS of mods..I basically poor-scored it. Had the Orthanc Tower/Mt Doom mod, LEDOCD board, Sting Hilt, Flipper fidelity speakers/backlight, speaker lights, LCD Color DMD, and maybe some others I can't remember..I've since added the fire ring, Palintir Globe, PotD setup, Balrog Whip (a must!), flipper armor (not installed yet), and hopefully getting the 2niro Palintir v2 globe..then get all the metal gold chromed at some point, shooter rod/start button..if I really want to go that far. Definitely want to get invisiglass soon...totally necessory on this pin.

#8950 6 days ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Not sure how to fix this. Anyone else have same issue?

Bent plastic.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/DGG-01

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 8,985 posts in this topic. You are on page 179 of 180.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!