IMG_7027 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7019 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4036 (resized).jpg
IMG_4034 (resized).jpg
IMG_3077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240331_163644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,197 posts in this topic. You are on page 178 of 204.
#8851 1 year ago

Is there any way to stop the Orthanc POTD VUK from smashing a hole in the side of the cabinet? I have some nice art blades that I'd like to install, but I have a depression in the cabinet I'll need to level out first, and then curious if there's any way to stop it from damaging going forward outside of something like putting a small felt tab on top of the art.

#8852 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

Is there any way to stop the Orthanc POTD VUK from smashing a hole in the side of the cabinet? I have some nice art blades that I'd like to install, but I have a depression in the cabinet I'll need to level out first, and then curious if there's any way to stop it from damaging going forward outside of something like putting a small felt tab on top of the art.

I have mirror blades on my machine and I placed one of those felt bumpers where the ball normally hits. It's worked just fine.

#8853 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

I placed my POTD figure there to stop it from hitting.

#8854 1 year ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I placed my POTD figure there to stop it from hitting.

That is a strong warrior that I would follow to battle!

#8855 1 year ago
Quoted from TheNecromancer:

Hey folks, I don't know if it's possible to read the shooter lane so to speak, but how does the wear on this LOTR game look to you?
Would you guess HUO or routed game based on what you see?
[quoted image]

This is a 20 year old game, it could have easily seen that much love at home. Now on the converse, my NIB LOTR has a flawless shooter lane but I'm super OCD and have had both a Cliffy as well as mylar on the lane since I bought it.

#8856 1 year ago

Hey folks, I don't know if it's possible to read the shooter lane so to speak, but how does the wear on this LOTR game look to you?
Would you guess HUO or routed game based on what you see?
[quoted image]

I'd take a guess and say it's was routed for a bit, then put into home use. I seriously doubt that kind of shooter lane wear could happen at home (for the last 19 years) unless the kids/grandkids played the hell out of it. Often times, nothing is ever waxed or taken care of, so it could be either/or I guess..what the above guy said about the rest of the cabinet/coin door, is spot on. I ususally look at rollover switches to see how worn THOSE AREAS are..that's my indicator of condition for me. (and everything else after that).

#8857 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I'd take a guess and say it's was routed for a bit, then put into home use. I seriously doubt that kind of shooter lane wear could happen at home (for the last 19 years) unless the kids/grandkids played the hell out of it. Often times, nothing is ever waxed or taken care of, so it could be either/or I guess..what the above guy said about the rest of the cabinet/coin door, is spot on. I ususally look at rollover switches to see how worn THOSE AREAS are..that's my indicator of condition for me. (and everything else after that).

Ok guys, thank you. I'll take this into consideration. Was looking at a possible trade deal.

#8858 1 year ago
Quoted from lhammer610:

I am struck by inconsistencies in the bass response in my LOTR with Pinsound. Sometimes it is tinny. The odd thing is that the cabinet woofer always plays sounds, music, etc. But after a little while of use, the bass level comes way up. It is striking how much louder it gets with a lot more bass, almost like a switch has been thrown.
I redid the connections. I used trifurcon connectors.
I just noticed the same issue with Tommy too, in addition to LOTR.
I figured #18 speaker wire would be a dramatic improvement over the cabinet wiring, but all I have on hand is #16, which is way overkill.
I crimped in a short connection to the trifurcon crimp, then spliced in the #16 and ran it all the way to the cabinet speaker.
The result, so far - in both LOTR and Tommy, is consistent bass response. I can now adjust the pots and optimize the sound.
I like the Pinsound boards. I wish they had screw connections for the speakers. And some documentation as to how the three bass pots affect the sound would be nice. As far as I can tell, increasing the bass affects all three speakers. But the other two pots affect only the cabinet speaker?[quoted image][quoted image]

Does your Pinsound have a subwoofer RCA out like mine does?

Any pin will have tremendously better bass with a dedicated sub, especially with Pinsound.

In my area small used power subs are listed all the time in the $25-50 range.

#8859 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:Is there any way to stop the Orthanc POTD VUK from smashing a hole in the side of the cabinet? I have some nice art blades that I'd like to install, but I have a depression in the cabinet I'll need to level out first, and then curious if there's any way to stop it from damaging going forward outside of something like putting a small felt tab on top of the art.

Same problem for me. It hits it so hard it bounces back down the VUK or bounces far enough over and gets stuck against orthanc.
I don't love the idea of putting a big felt pad on new art blades or offering an expensive OOO model as sacrifice. Wish could turn vuk power down like spike2 games.

#8860 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Same problem for me. It hits it so hard it bounces back down the VUK or bounces far enough over and gets stuck against orthanc.
I don't love the idea of putting a big felt pad on new art blades or offering an expensive OOO model as sacrifice. Wish could turn vuk power down like spike2 games.

There are or at least were protectors for sale for this function. It's been forever since I've looked or seen them though. Not sure what's still out there.

#8861 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

So I'm helping a friend with his LotR, and we're having trouble getting the DMD to work.
Game starts and plays normally, except the DMD is stuck on the splash-screen on startup. And never changes.
[quoted image]
If we put a Rottendog DMD Display Board in the game, in place of the factory display board, we get garbled nonsense, that also does not change or react to gameplay.
[quoted image]
We also get this same behavior if we use a ColorDMD, instead of the original HV Plasma display. We have swapped cpu and display roms, and we have swapped ribbon cables. No change at all.
All of this adds up to me thinking that the problem lies somewhere on the MPU, and that for some reason a display signal is not making it out to the dmd board. But I will readily admit to being fairly unfamiliar with the Whitestar boardset. Has anyone seen this display behavior before, and can anyone recommend what I should check next? I checked U201 with the diode setting on my dmm, and one of the pins reads low at .2. This is however, with the chip still installed in system. According to pinwiki, all the pins should read between .4 and .7.
My current plan would be to pull the MPU and visually inspect for damage, bad solder joints, ect., especially near U201. And then consider pulling and checking U201 when it is not installed into the board and/or simply replacing it, since one of the pins is low.
Have any other lotr or whitestar owners seen this type of thing before?

Follow-up for anyone interested. A failed U201 chip was indeed the cause of the DMD not working. I replaced it, and our LotR is back in business.

#8862 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

how about just putting a black velcro square there (the fuzzy side)? Mine works good, but I can see that it could indent the side of the cab over time...

#8863 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

how about just putting a black velcro square there (the fuzzy side)? Mine works good, but I can see that it could indent the side of the cab over time...

I picked up lotr over the summer and I kind of laugh when it wacks the hell out of the wall so hard. Who was fine with that design? Is it possible to swap in a weaker coil?

#8864 1 year ago

Hi

I have a strange ball hang up I do not know how to solve, the ball get stuck by the Orthanc tower. I have tried do remove part 1 to see if anything can be adjusted I then proceeded to loosen part 4 and 11 from underside the playfield to try to push the tower back a little to give the ball more space. However this did not work either. As soon as the ball search starts and the coil fire the vibration gets the ball loose but it is annoying that the ball get stuck like this so often. Part 1 is rather loose and wobbely but i guess it is supposed to be like that?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#8865 1 year ago
Quoted from FrisseFrasse:

Hi
I have a strange ball hang up I do not know how to solve, the ball get stuck by the Orthanc tower. I have tried do remove part 1 to see if anything can be adjusted I then proceeded to loosen part 4 and 11 from underside the playfield to try to push the tower back a little to give the ball more space. However this did not work either. As soon as the ball search starts and the coil fire the vibration gets the ball loose but it is annoying that the ball get stuck like this so often. Part 1 is rather loose and wobbely but i guess it is supposed to be like that?[quoted image][quoted image]

Part 1 does have some wiggle to absorb hits to it. My tower is definitely further back in the machine. I'd look at the mounting bracket. I can't get under my game at the moment to see how it adjusts.

20221104_072413 (resized).jpg20221104_072413 (resized).jpg
#8866 1 year ago

I think these hold the tower. Loosen and move the whole tower back further in the game. I can move my pin to get under if you need.

Screenshot_20221104-073438_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221104-073438_Gallery (resized).jpg
#8867 1 year ago

Thanks!

I did loosen the screws marked with the yellow arrows to try to push the vuk further back but it did not help.

Maybe there is to much wiggle in part one (the tower) itself wich make it to hang forward?

#8868 1 year ago
Quoted from FrisseFrasse:

I have a strange ball hang up I do not know how to solve, the ball get stuck by the Orthanc tower.

Mine is set further back, exactly the same as the other posters comparing the corner of the tower to the art and cutout in the playfield. Maybe the original screw holes for the VUK were misaligned on yours.

A quick fix would be to grind off the corner of that tower plastic so the ball fits past. A nicer solution would be file the 4 mounting holes in the VUK plate more slotted shape so it will mount back far enough.
2022-11-04_11-51-46.pdf2022-11-04_11-51-46.pdf

#8869 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Mine is set further back, exactly the same as the other posters comparing the corner of the tower to the art and cutout in the playfield. Maybe the original screw holes for the VUK were misaligned on yours.
A quick fix would be to grind off the corner of that tower plastic so the ball fits past. A nicer solution would be file the 4 mounting holes in the VUK plate more slotted shape so it will mount back far enough.
[quoted image]

A MUCH NICER SOLUTION, is to buy the awesome 3rd party orthanc tower..it looks so much nicer, and has the blue leds on top..And I believe it will have a slightly different fit, which could fix the ball issue..Mine never hangs up there..mine hangs up in the POTD, after it's vuk'ed up to that level..in can sometimes linger on the inside corner where the orthanc is..I just nudge the machine once in a while..A permanent fix would be to level that potd from behind the pf, where potd sits in its' slot..But I agree with a few here that the VUK coil to POTD is too powerful..so there's many different ways to solve that. I dunno if this helped at all..mornin!

#8870 1 year ago

I tried to look at some mods, however the ones I could find seem to fit over the original tower and does not go all the way down. The space is enough but it seems like the tower is wobbly so the bottom part sometimes get to far out at the bottom.

I think maybe the solution to make the VUK holes enlongated would be the best solusion I have even been thinking about bending the wire ballguide thats underneath the plastic behind the ramp.

#8871 1 year ago

I shudder to here all this talk about modification to the plastic or the PF. There is clearly something installed incorrectly. I would completely disassemble the entire mech and slowly put it back together looking for what is off.

#8872 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

A MUCH NICER SOLUTION, is to buy the awesome 3rd party orthanc tower..it looks so much nicer, and has the blue leds on top..And I believe it will have a slightly different fit, which could fix the ball issue..Mine never hangs up there..mine hangs up in the POTD, after it's vuk'ed up to that level..in can sometimes linger on the inside corner where the orthanc is..I just nudge the machine once in a while..A permanent fix would be to level that potd from behind the pf, where potd sits in its' slot..But I agree with a few here that the VUK coil to POTD is too powerful..so there's many different ways to solve that. I dunno if this helped at all..mornin!

This is really the same problem as "ball hits side of playfield (and bounces back to get stuck there), at least that's how mine gets stuck there. I mean mine gets stuck there half the time..and it takes very healthy nudging. Maybe a cabinet bumper would do to solve the hang.

Quoted from KING-HENRY:

That would be tragic with the lovely art blades I just installed..

Quoted from glpinball:

I picked up lotr over the summer and I kind of laugh when it wacks the hell out of the wall so hard. Who was fine with that design? Is it possible to swap in a weaker coil?

I will try this if anyone more knowledgeable thinks it's a good idea and can recommend a part.

#8873 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

This is really the same problem as "ball hits side of playfield (and bounces back to get stuck there), at least that's how mine gets stuck there. I mean mine gets stuck there half the time..and it takes very healthy nudging. Maybe a cabinet bumper would do to solve the hang.

That would be tragic with the lovely art blades I just installed..

I might go with some sort of clear rubber bumper both for the art blade and also maybe if I can reasonably place one to avoid the ball hangup (if it continues to happen after)

#8875 1 year ago

Cool. I won’t spoil it if he won or not

#8876 1 year ago

Bob, can I take a look at the shooter lane before bidding?

#8877 1 year ago
Quoted from Vernisious:

Bob, can I take a look at the shooter lane before bidding?

no color dmd, no deal Bob. I wonder what retail of LotR was? I'll take a gander and say $3999. Anyone else want to guess, before looking it up?

#8879 1 year ago

$3900 in 2003.

#8880 1 year ago

Just joined. HUO. Arrives soon. Can’t wait. No dick.

20EE193C-E330-4007-B8E1-1E075E4AD172 (resized).jpeg20EE193C-E330-4007-B8E1-1E075E4AD172 (resized).jpeg45BC5A1B-C2F4-4E1E-B906-D635F9A85E1F (resized).jpeg45BC5A1B-C2F4-4E1E-B906-D635F9A85E1F (resized).jpeg45E66737-571A-4839-870C-53A73EAEC9A2 (resized).jpeg45E66737-571A-4839-870C-53A73EAEC9A2 (resized).jpeg5EF315DF-B46E-4E90-98CA-789F02C2A923 (resized).jpeg5EF315DF-B46E-4E90-98CA-789F02C2A923 (resized).jpeg8ADC9D40-6C81-4154-822D-D32E957150BA (resized).jpeg8ADC9D40-6C81-4154-822D-D32E957150BA (resized).jpeg923BF31D-2D79-4BFA-B247-DF4C048DEBD7 (resized).jpeg923BF31D-2D79-4BFA-B247-DF4C048DEBD7 (resized).jpeg
#8881 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Just joined. HUO. Arrives soon. Can’t wait. No dick. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

wow that's a pretty unique LotR..welcome to the fellowship! what's with the 'no dick'? anyways that looks pretty nice, actually..Not a fan of the apron, but I AM a fan of that backglass!

#8882 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

wow that's a pretty unique LotR..welcome to the fellowship! what's with the 'no dick'? anyways that looks pretty nice, actually..Not a fan of the apron, but I AM a fan of that backglass!

People say the original translite that this looks like one

83800C68-B752-4379-A42A-FDDCA8D38350 (resized).jpeg83800C68-B752-4379-A42A-FDDCA8D38350 (resized).jpeg
#8883 1 year ago

I just figured it fell under “things Aussies say”

#8884 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

I just figured it fell under “things Aussies say”

LMFAO...Yeah, now it makes sense..Hey! At least I don't have the LE version! That dick is REALLY outlined on him, eeek.

#8885 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

People say the original translite that this looks like one
[quoted image]

hopefully you have, or can get the fire ring mod, from France..it's the best mod for this machine, outside of a pinsound board, ymmv..LEDOCD board, palantir globe, balrog whip, orthanc tower..the list is endless on mods..but it looks like your new machine has a lot of it already..really loving the bronze plating..one day I will do the same to mine.

#8886 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

hopefully you have, or can get the fire ring mod, from France..it's the best mod for this machine, outside of a pinsound board, ymmv..LEDOCD board, palantir globe, balrog whip, orthanc tower..the list is endless on mods..but it looks like your new machine has a lot of it already..really loving the bronze plating..one day I will do the same to mine.

It does not have the ring of fire, but I think these are no longer available? Seen some pretty beat up LOTR, but nothing as pretty as this one coming up for sale in Oz. Honestly I had no room for another pin. Wife said 9 maximum in our new pinball room because she wanted a reading nook in the corner. Got to 10 and her little corner was looking a bit tight. This makes it 11. So maybe there is a dick after all…..

Anyways excited, let the journey begin!

#8887 1 year ago

Ok, so I'm really torn and I kind of understand that being the LOTR club it may be somewhat biased opinions but I have the chance to trade my 7 month old (450 plays) 1 owner Jurassic Park Premium for a well optioned LOTR.

My heart really wants the LOTR as it's my favorite books and movies since high school. I'm a huge fan. Jurassic Park is also a favorite of mine but not at the level LOTR is. I've never played the LOTR pin, but I've read enough to know that I doubt I'll be disappointed. The hang up comes to the value. With tax and shipping and a couple mods I'm in JP for $10,200. The LOTR game has a lot of cool add-ons such as the path of the dead, palantir, eye of Sauron, power blades, speaker grills and a color DMD. There may be other small things but I don't know the game well enough. The cabinet does have some scuffs on the lower left side, not bad but there. I also realize the game is 19 years old too. It's said to 100% working order.

The reason I purchased JP in the first place is while originally looking for a LOTR a dealer talked me out of it as I was knew to pinball and kind of scared me away from an older game as a first machine. I've since added a POTC and while still a noob I'm already a lot less intimidated by an older machine. So when this somewhat local LOTR surfaced recently as a trade I've really been thinking about it. In 2016 I looked at buying a LOTR and they were trading for around $4000 - $5000 at the time which seemed pretty high and I backed down thinking if I wait a few years they would be cheaper. Well, that didn't really work out for me. I can't help but wonder if I wait another couple years will I be looking at these machines for $12k or $13k? More? I feel that if I take the trade I may be losing around $1000 on my end but I guess you don't really ever recoup tax and shipping. Maybe it's worth it to get the Holy Grail pin for me? Should I just be patient and save up for another year or so and find one then? I will like try to find another JP in the end as those were the three goal pins but who knows, maybe I find something I like more than JP too. I find JP as a noob to be a hard game.

what are you're thoughts? would you trade even if it favored the seller?

#8888 1 year ago

Ok, so I'm really torn and I kind of understand that being the LOTR club it may be somewhat biased opinions but I have the chance to trade my 7 month old (450 plays) 1 owner Jurassic Park Premium for a well optioned LOTR.
My heart really wants the LOTR as it's my favorite books and movies since high school. I'm a huge fan. Jurassic Park is also a favorite of mine but not at the level LOTR is. I've never played the LOTR pin, but I've read enough to know that I doubt I'll be disappointed. The hang up comes to the value. With tax and shipping and a couple mods I'm in JP for $10,200. The LOTR game has a lot of cool add-ons such as the path of the dead, palantir, eye of Sauron, power blades, speaker grills and a color DMD. There may be other small things but I don't know the game well enough. The cabinet does have some scuffs on the lower left side, not bad but there. I also realize the game is 19 years old too. It's said to 100% working order.
The reason I purchased JP in the first place is while originally looking for a LOTR a dealer talked me out of it as I was knew to pinball and kind of scared me away from an older game as a first machine. I've since added a POTC and while still a noob I'm already a lot less intimidated by an older machine. So when this somewhat local LOTR surfaced recently as a trade I've really been thinking about it. In 2016 I looked at buying a LOTR and they were trading for around $4000 - $5000 at the time which seemed pretty high and I backed down thinking if I wait a few years they would be cheaper. Well, that didn't really work out for me. I can't help but wonder if I wait another couple years will I be looking at these machines for $12k or $13k? More? I feel that if I take the trade I may be losing around $1000 on my end but I guess you don't really ever recoup tax and shipping. Maybe it's worth it to get the Holy Grail pin for me? Should I just be patient and save up for another year or so and find one then? I will like try to find another JP in the end as those were the three goal pins but who knows, maybe I find something I like more than JP too. I find JP as a noob to be a hard game.

Look at the value of the LOTR and not so much what you have in the JP. You're right, you shouldn't factor tax and shipping into the value of a game. Although the two games are kinda close in value, you might ask for a small amount of cash in trade, like 500-750. If he won't budge, you might just have to do it anyway. It's a great game and getting harder and harder to find.

#8889 1 year ago

That’s a tough one. No pin is permanent so you can always sell if you don’t enjoy. In doing my own research (as I Haven’t played it yet either) this seems like a less brutal pin than JP. It also has quick and fun shots and lots of toys. It seems long playing with many different paths. If you want a pin for mainly single play then it seems enriching. If you want a fun quick pin to enjoy with friends something like AFM is awesome. I gave up a TBL spot to get LOTR so I feel your pain in deciding.

If you love JP then I would save and try and afford both. If you are finding JP too hard and not much fun then maybe sell for now, hone your skills on LOTR and revisit JP later. Just be aware that LOTR may seem a bit of a step backwards compared to the bigger sound, multiple shots and animations of JP. I always wanted an Theatre of Magic. Played one at a friends place years later, and I thought “is that all?”, sorry I can’t help you out more. Maybe someone else who has both pins can chime in here?

#8890 1 year ago

I’d say a mint-ish JP Prem with no mods, I’d maybe go straight up for a LOTR if it was reeeeally nice & had at least 2 of 3 of these mods: color dmd, pinsound, and LEDOCD. Adjust from there for condition and other mod pictures.

I might look to make this trade someday after I clean up my LOTR.

#8891 1 year ago
Quoted from TheNecromancer:Ok, so I'm really torn and I kind of understand that being the LOTR club it may be somewhat biased opinions but I have the chance to trade my 7 month old (450 plays) 1 owner Jurassic Park Premium for a well optioned LOTR.

There are some older pins that if they came out now would be just ok. But if LOTR came out now, it would be considered a great pin.
It’s a pin that I don’t think I would ever get rid of. I’ve had it for close to 11 years and while I don’t play it as often, when I do, I realize what a great pinball machine it was and still is.

#8892 1 year ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

I’ve had it for close to 11 years and while I don’t play it as often, when I do, I realize what a great pinball machine it was and still is.

Yeah, I’ve had mine for 10 years now. Pretty much peak fan layout game.

#8893 1 year ago

I own both and have no plans to let either go, but if I had to let one go, I would sell LOTR before my JP. I just find that I enjoy playing JP more than LOTR. Besides being a newer pin (and all that comes with that), I think the JP layout and shots are better and the T-rex beats out Balrog. Also, the Path of the Dead becomes a little monotonous after awhile. BUT - I think it is important that you go with the one that you enjoy playing the most (which could be LOTR) so you really need to find a LOTR on location and play it before making your final decision.

#8894 1 year ago

You’ll be able to find a minty JP2 again for a few years if you decide you miss it. You’ll get to experience owning a LOTR, a fav theme of yours. This has been my favorite Stern for years, and I love JP2, Tron, GB and EHoH. But LOTR is really a complete package. Some say the pf art is somewhat cut/paste/photoshop. I don’t mind the art, and the cab looks cool. I had a custom translite made for mine. For your JP, you should be able to trade for a pretty high-end LOTR with minimal wear, I would think. Mods are nice, but condition is key (imho). You can always enjoy adding mods yourself, there are a ton of great options for LOTR. I’m on my second LOTR and this one will hopefully stay always. Good luck w your decision!

7E1E1366-27ED-4BE0-AF5F-B4576741FAE5 (resized).png7E1E1366-27ED-4BE0-AF5F-B4576741FAE5 (resized).png
#8895 1 year ago

Based on your passion for the LotR world, I would take that task on, and find a NICE one...worst case scenerio; you do the trade, eat $800-1K, enjoy a NICE LOTR (BUT IT MUST HAVE A PINSOUND BOARD WITH THE FILM SCORE!!!) for a while and then resell it and maintain all or most of what you put into it (or maybe more, depends on economy, etc). Honestly, there's a sea of JP2's out there..and not so much LotR's anymore..because most are gobbled up by collectors..It would be a lot easier to find another JP than a NICE LOTR. and it's one of the most immersive pins out there (haven't played ALIEN yet..and I want to..supposed to be super immersive). If you liked the films, you will love the pin-with a pinsound board and a few good fan-based pinsound mixes (you can have multiple soundtracks for a pin with a pinsound board..you switch between mixes by turning the volume all the way down, then back up to get to the next soundtrack..and put the legacy files in there as well). PLEASE SHARE PICS OF THE LOTR YOU ARE LOOKING AT-CONDITION IS KEY ON A DEAL LIKE THIS.

#8896 1 year ago

Does anyone have a favorite replacement switch for the flipper buttons? Mine is worn out. Thanks for your help

#8897 1 year ago

Thanks for all the feedback on my question guys. I don't believe there's a Pinsound board. The other thing that concerns me is how to judge the condition of the game as I have little to no experience with used and having never had hands on a physical game I'm not sure where this falls in good, bad or excellent etc.

I'll do some more reading on the forum here. Thanks again!

#8898 1 year ago

Thanks for all the feedback on my question guys. I don't believe there's a Pinsound board. The other thing that concerns me is how to judge the condition of the game as I have little to no experience with used and having never had hands on a physical game I'm not sure where this falls in good, bad or excellent etc.
I'll do some more reading on the forum here. Thanks again!

My two cents as a fairly fellow pinball noob echoes what others have said about supply and demand. I was kind of in the same boat as you trying to decide what next (newer) Stern was on deck with Jurassic Park in mind but when a local opportunity to get a LOTR came up I didn’t want to miss out. I actually purchased my LOTR about less than a year ago after playing it less than 5 times total and not knowing all the rules. I don’t regret it at at all and it’s actually been more fun figuring out the gameplay. It’s probably the pin I play the most now and even though there are longer ball times I actually like the callouts and such. My thought process was that I’m in the “accumulation” phase where I would hold onto them forever (although that may be flawed thinking based on what everyone says) so when an local opportunity came up I jumped on it. Who knows when the next chance to get one would have presented itself. Note that it was one of the dream themes for me so FOMO was real. I’m still looking to get a Jurassic Park but am less stressed knowing they will be around for a while and easier to get than an older pin.

#8899 1 year ago

Well I think I sat on my hands to long, pending deal on the LOTR. Oh well, I will get one in the not to distant future. maybe a year out or so.

#8900 1 year ago

Well I think I sat on my hands to long, pending deal on the LOTR. Oh well, I will get one in the not to distant future. maybe a year out or so.

If you were closer to the border I'd have one for you

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 12.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 18.95
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,197 posts in this topic. You are on page 178 of 204.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-lord-of-the-rings-journey-begins-members-club/page/178 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.