IMG_7027 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7019 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4036 (resized).jpg
IMG_4034 (resized).jpg
IMG_3077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240331_163644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,199 posts in this topic. You are on page 170 of 204.
#8451 1 year ago

So I had the day off yesterday and I focused a decent amount of attention to my LOTR.

So on one hand, while I enjoyed the POTD ball deflector that I had made (to protect the left-sided plastic, cut down on some of the ball bouncing and randomness coming off of the POTD platform and instead routinely send the ball to the Legolas ramp), I ultimately wished I could collect more souls (which occurs when the ball falls in the Shire from the POTD, a fact that I wasn't initially aware of)....

I enjoyed seeing some previous ideas of creating that acrylic ramp over the Arwen plastic, but that does not seem to be available anymore.
So, yesterday morning I got a wild hair and created my own. I think it turned out well and works great!
You can see in the pictures the tip of the plastic that I used to fasten to the wooden side rail, and the very back of this ramp are painted black. Reason for this was that I created this ramp by heating the acrylic and forming it, and in that created some stains of the acrylic at these bend points that I could not get out (as well as some tiny little micro bubbles at the bend sites)... But, with the black paint, it gives it some cleaner ends and looks sharp and I think was a suitable solution....time to collect those souls!

Additionally, since I made these changes along the left side of the playfield, I still wanted to utilize my Legolas figure. I saw one fella in the remote past posted a pic and he had opted to stick his Legolas figure in between Mary and Pippin on the left sling...and sure enough, I think he fits there very well!! I have him aiming his arrow at the Balrog

I also had a Gimli character that I wanted to use. Initially I had him fastened on top of the gate there on the right ramp, but that just seemed distracting and not ideally placed to my eye. So, I have him on a small platform that he stands on that resembles Earth and rock. I cut that platform into a circle somewhat, and used a good double-sided sticky tape and placed him on the most forward pop bumper, and I think that looks best to me and he is on there solidly. I believe I like him there, time will tell.

I also opted to add some additional spotlighting.
I added double spotlights on a new post there on the left just past the Shire VUK ramp, and a double spotlight on a post threaded through the hole that holds the right ramp guard (sitting just behind Aragon on his horse). These two locations seemed somewhat hidden and out of the way and offered some really nice lighting to the playfield. An additional spotlight is on the left outlane facing the center of the playfield (a spotlight that was initially placed for Chuck's (PinWorlds) hobbit house). Everything is in incandescents.

Also, while I very much liked Chuck's ( PinballCharlie / PinWorlds) hobbit house there by the Shire (that sat on the acrylic in front of the VUK ramp), I ultimately decided to remove it. As the playfield developed, I felt it looked a bit visually heavy at that location, and also his work is so awesome, I found myself staring at it waaay too much during gameplay and I suppose it was just way too distracting! Lol.

Lastly, I installed John's ( @Mamuskas ) light puck for the ring lights in between the flippers. Man oh man, what a difference! Install was very straightforward and this mod also it allows for the ability to adjust that board slightly such that the lights are more appropriately placed underneath their respective ring. Really a nice touch and a big *hats off* to John for that creation!!!

PXL_20220703_105131504~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220703_105131504~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220703_105151901~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220703_105151901~2 (resized).jpg

PXL_20220703_105449631~3 (resized).jpgPXL_20220703_105449631~3 (resized).jpgPXL_20220703_105629099~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220703_105629099~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220703_105639021~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220703_105639021~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220703_105711741~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220703_105711741~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220703_105822995~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220703_105822995~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220703_105245060~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220703_105245060~2 (resized).jpg
#8452 1 year ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

So I had the day off yesterday and I focused a decent amount of attention to my LOTR.
So on one hand, while I enjoyed the POTD ball deflector that I had made (to protect the left-sided plastic, cut down on some of the ball bouncing and randomness coming off of the POTD platform and instead routinely send the ball to the Legolas ramp), I ultimately wished I could collect more souls (which occurs when the ball falls in the Shire from the POTD, a fact that I wasn't initially aware of)....
I enjoyed seeing some previous ideas of creating that acrylic ramp over the Arwen plastic, but that does not seem to be available anymore.
So, yesterday morning I got a wild hair and created my own. I think it turned out well and works great!
You can see in the pictures the tip of the plastic that I used to fasten to the wooden side rail, and the very back of this ramp are painted black. Reason for this was that I created this ramp by heating the acrylic and forming it, and in that created some stains of the acrylic at these bend points that I could not get out (as well as some tiny little micro bubbles at the bend sites)... But, with the black paint, it gives it some cleaner ends and looks sharp and I think was a suitable solution....time to collect those souls!
Additionally, since I made these changes along the left side of the playfield, I still wanted to utilize my Legolas figure. I saw one fella in the remote past posted a pic and he had opted to stick his Legolas figure in between Mary and Pippin on the left sling...and sure enough, I think he fits there very well!! I have him aiming his arrow at the Balrog
I also had a Gimli character that I wanted to use. Initially I had him fastened on top of the gate there on the right ramp, but that just seemed distracting and not ideally placed to my eye. So, I have him on a small platform that he stands on that resembles Earth and rock. I cut that platform into a circle somewhat, and used a good double-sided sticky tape and placed him on the most forward pop bumper, and I think that looks best to me and he is on there solidly. I believe I like him there, time will tell.
I added double spotlights on a new post there on the left just past the Shire VUK ramp, and a double spotlight on a post threaded through the hole that holds the right ramp guard (sitting just behind Aragon on his horse). These two locations seemed somewhat hidden and out of the way and offered some really nice lighting to the playfield. An additional spotlight is on the left outlane facing the center of the playfield (a spotlight that was initially placed for Chuck's (PinWorlds) hobbit house). Everything is in incandescents.
Also, while I very much liked Chuck's ( PinballCharlie / PinWorlds) hobbit house there by the Shire (that sat on the acrylic in front of the VUK ramp), I ultimately decided to remove it. As the playfield developed, I felt it looked a bit visually heavy at that location, and also his work is so awesome, I found myself staring at it waaay too much during gameplay and I suppose it was just way too distracting! Lol.
Lastly, I installed John's ( @Mamuskas ) light puck for the ring lights in between the flippers. Man oh man, what a difference! Install was very straightforward and this mod also it allows for the ability to adjust that board slightly such that the lights are more appropriately placed underneath their respective ring. Really a nice touch and a big *hats off* to John for that creation!!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you get that plastic with the Elvish script in the bottom left.

#8453 1 year ago
Quoted from Dezman:

Where did you get that plastic with the Elvish script in the bottom left.

https://cointaker.com/products/lord-of-the-rings-etched-acrylics

#8454 1 year ago

Couple of questions.

My machine came with a loose Gimli. Was he included originally? If not is there a recommended mounting location?

Also, it came with the Balrog LED upgrade kit. If I already have an LEDOCD board, is there any advantage to using the upgrade kit versus just putting an LED bayonet in the original socket?

Thanks!

#8455 1 year ago
Quoted from adrock:

Couple of questions.
My machine came with a loose Gimli. Was he included originally? If not is there a recommended mounting location?
Also, it came with the Balrog LED upgrade kit. If I already have an LEDOCD board, is there any advantage to using the upgrade kit versus just putting an LED bayonet in the original socket?
Thanks!

The machine did not come originally with a Gimli character. I have seen folks place this character either on the right ramp gate (just past the Gimli VUK shot) and also on the pop bumpers.
Easiest if he is on a base to help to secure to. If placed on the gate, a combination of double-sided sticky tape and zip tie will fasten him /his platform on securely and quality double-sided tape will hold him securely on top of the pop bumper cap.

#8456 1 year ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

...I focused a decent amount of attention to my LOTR.

Boy, did you ever! Sweet machine! Great photos, too. LOTR has such fabulous stock lighting. Like, if someone tells you that LED's are the *only* way to go, just show him/her some of these photos of Chip's predominantly incadescent LOTR playfield! This thing has the warmest glow! Like a cinder, you know? Just perfect! He shares his progress with me via text now and then and he is a perfectionist, for sure. Always tweaking, improving, revising. He's never quite done. He went at his BKSOR last year with the same zeal, and followed it up with a mad-cool IMDN. I think his BKSOR was like a preamble to LOTR, because LOTR is a similar canvas in various ways. Chip is the Rembrandt of modding. You may not know that Chip is a crackerjack surgeon in real life. Like, for real! He is one driven dude! No idea where he gets his energy, but I do like to see whatever he gets into.
Thanks for sharing the photos!

#8457 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Boy, did you ever! Sweet machine! Great photos, too. LOTR has such fabulous stock lighting. Like, if someone tells you that LED's are the *only* way to go, just show him/her some of these photos of Chip's predominantly incadescent LOTR playfield! This thing has the warmest glow! Like a cinder, you know? Just perfect! He shares his progress with me via text now and then and he is a perfectionist, for sure. Always tweaking, improving, revising. He's never quite done. He went at his BKSOR last year with the same zeal, and followed it up with a mad-cool IMDN. I think his BKSOR was like a preamble to LOTR, because LOTR is a similar canvas in various ways. Chip is the Rembrandt of modding. You may not know that Chip is a crackerjack surgeon in real life. Like, for real! He is a one driven dude! No idea where he gets his energy, but I do like to see whatever he gets into.
Thanks for sharing the photos!

Thanks, Jason!!!
Very kind words and I appreciate it my friend.

#8458 1 year ago

I am hoping some smart person can help me with a board issue I am having with my flippers, here is the situation:

- Very recently fully restored my LotR but the flippers where the same (however the playfield was stripped etc so maybe something moved around)
- Got everything back together and play tested 3-4 games with no problems
- Then the left flipper suddenly died
- 3A fuse was blown next to flipper and would blow again if reinstalled
- Removed the driver board and found that the IC Q15 was reading weird (all legs grounded)
- Couldn't find a direct replacement so I did my best and ordered one from Digikey
- Reinstalled it and had the same issue (blown fuse)
- Reinvestigated board and found that the Capacitor C248 was shorted to ground
- Ordered a new capacitor and replaced it
- Same thing happened
- Thought maybe I had ordered the wrong IC so I asked here and got new replacement ICs (IRF540)
- Replaced both IC (right and left) and both capacitors
- Carefully measured both ICs and capacitors and there was no short
- Put it back in the game and both flippers blew their fuse
- When I checked the capacitors both had shorted to ground

So at this point I am sure that when I try to activate the flippers it somehow shorts the capacitor? Maybe I ordered the wrong capacitors?

I am kind of at a lose of what to check next, I have attached the part information if it helps.

0704221542_HDR (resized).jpg0704221542_HDR (resized).jpg0704221543 (resized).jpg0704221543 (resized).jpg0704221543_HDR (resized).jpg0704221543_HDR (resized).jpg0704221544 (resized).jpg0704221544 (resized).jpg
#8459 1 year ago

I'm not an expert. But, I was having a similar issue on a different Sam/Whitestar game it was a bad bridge rectifier.

Sounds like you have some skills, so you should look up how to test with a multi meter and check out rectifiers.

Also, double check the diode on the coil to verify that it is still good.

#8460 1 year ago

Happy 4th to everyone in the US! Hey if I’m trying to mount a plastic over the path of the dead to mount figures… am I correct in that I would remove the existing posts, then mount the new plastic with the following:

1 1/4” narrow posts (3/16 inner diameter)

1 3/4” long 3/16” diameter screws

3/16” locking nuts

3/16” rubber rings for the posts

Does that sound right? Anything I’m missing?

Thanks!

#8461 1 year ago
Quoted from killerrobots:

I am hoping some smart person can help me with a board issue I am having with my flippers, here is the situation:
- Very recently fully restored my LotR but the flippers where the same (however the playfield was stripped etc so maybe something moved around)
- Got everything back together and play tested 3-4 games with no problems
- Then the left flipper suddenly died
- 3A fuse was blown next to flipper and would blow again if reinstalled
- Removed the driver board and found that the IC Q15 was reading weird (all legs grounded)
- Couldn't find a direct replacement so I did my best and ordered one from Digikey
- Reinstalled it and had the same issue (blown fuse)
- Reinvestigated board and found that the Capacitor C248 was shorted to ground
- Ordered a new capacitor and replaced it
- Same thing happened
- Thought maybe I had ordered the wrong IC so I asked here and got new replacement ICs (IRF540)
- Replaced both IC (right and left) and both capacitors
- Carefully measured both ICs and capacitors and there was no short
- Put it back in the game and both flippers blew their fuse
- When I checked the capacitors both had shorted to ground
So at this point I am sure that when I try to activate the flippers it somehow shorts the capacitor? Maybe I ordered the wrong capacitors?
I am kind of at a lose of what to check next, I have attached the part information if it helps.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I had a similar problem on a Monopoly which is also a Whitestar board set. It would activate flipper at power on, even though the transistor had been replaced. If I didn't turn it off immediately it would blow the fuse and transistor. Turns out the fix was to replace U2, which is an HCT273 chip. I would also check the 22K resistors in that circuit. And yes, your 10,000pf caps are the same as the .01 uf caps.

I would carefully test everything again. Replace both transistors and U2. If that doesn't do it, I would send the board out for repair.

flipper circuit (resized).JPGflipper circuit (resized).JPG
#8462 1 year ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I had a similar problem on a Monopoly which is also a Whitestar board set. It would activate flipper at power on, even though the transistor had been replaced. If I didn't turn it off immediately it would blow the fuse and transistor. Turns out the fix was to replace U2, which is an HCT273 chip. I would also check the 22K resistors in that circuit. And yes, your 10,000pf caps are the same as the .01 uf caps.
I would carefully test everything again. Replace both transistors and U2. If that doesn't do it, I would send the board out for repair.
[quoted image]

Thanks I will try that. I have checked both resistors and they seem fine.

Do you know the best place to source that chip?

#8463 1 year ago

Thanks I will try that. I have checked both resistors and they seem fine.
Do you know the best place to source that chip?

Marco has them for $2. Great Plains Electronics has them for .45 but they are closed for now, maybe forever.

#8465 1 year ago

Anyone have extras of these? Comet just went on backorder for months and I need three for the path of the dead mod. Thanks

A107E297-B071-4F4D-B655-BF8DE6330D48 (resized).jpegA107E297-B071-4F4D-B655-BF8DE6330D48 (resized).jpeg
#8466 1 year ago
Quoted from adrock:

Anyone have extras of these? Comet just went on backorder for months and I need three for the path of the dead mod. Thanks
[quoted image]

I have a few green if ya need em.

#8467 1 year ago

Been having an issue where the ball will just go around the white lock for TT even when lock is lit. Anyone have this issue before and having any suggestions?

#8468 1 year ago
Quoted from heartbrand:

Been having an issue where the ball will just go around the white lock for TT even when lock is lit. Anyone have this issue before and having any suggestions?

Have you done a switch test of the switches up the ramp and a solenoid test of the ball stop?

#8469 1 year ago
Quoted from heartbrand:

Maybe a faulty switch(stuck on) on the lock ramp. The game likely thinks there is already a ball there which is why it releases when another one is added.

#8470 1 year ago
Quoted from flipper73:

Anyone knows if there was a flyer for the LE Modell? I searched in the internet and found only the flyer of the first run.

There is not an LE flyer.

#8471 1 year ago

Thank you for the information!

#8472 1 year ago

I just test playing my LotR after a full restore and reassembly. Everything seems to be working fine but I am getting a lot of rejects out of the back right scoop (Fellowship Start). I didn't have this before but have a vague recollection in reassembly that the parts/pictures where not clear. Does this set up look right? Anyone else have this issue?

Picture below (sorry for the poor quality)

0707221717_HDR (resized).jpg0707221717_HDR (resized).jpg
#8473 1 year ago
Quoted from adrock:

[quoted image]

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=abl_SP

How do you plan to set it up?

#8474 1 year ago

I just test playing my LotR after a full restore and reassembly. Everything seems to be working fine but I am getting a lot of rejects out of the back right scoop (Fellowship Start). I didn't have this before but have a vague recollection in reassembly that the parts/pictures where not clear. Does this set up look right? Anyone else have this issue?
Picture below (sorry for the poor quality)
[quoted image]

20220707_213145 (resized).jpg20220707_213145 (resized).jpg
#8475 1 year ago

RGP POTD plastic (here on Pinside)- has holes Below figures/slots for cable ties

Star post lights below plastic. screw up through hole in post light—> thru hole in POTD plastic—> into figures

Attach Star post wires to POTD lights. Either comet matrix alligator clips (plug and play) or I may use wire taps to avoid clips.

Seems pretty straightforward and inexpensive

Thanks for the link. Good to know. ChipScott hooked me up with some matrix ones he had left over (much appreciated)

#8476 1 year ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I hadn't heard of mamushka's light puck until I saw your comment, I looked it up and bought it immediately. WOW. this has got to be one of the best and cleanest mods I've seen, no more settling the ball and leaning forward to count my elf rings. Amazing mod.

#8477 1 year ago
Quoted from red-line:

I hadn't heard of mamushka's light puck until I saw your comment, I looked it up and bought it immediately. WOW. this has got to be one of the best and cleanest mods I've seen, no more settling the ball and leaning forward to count my elf rings. Amazing mod.

ChipScott red-line where does one find this mod?

Edit;
https://www.pinballlife.com/light-puck-for-lord-of-the-rings.html

Mamushka any idea when you’ll have more?

#8478 1 year ago
Quoted from adrock:

Edit;

Man, I must have gotten the last one on pinball life. It's worth the wait, this is my favorite type of mod - unobtrusive, fixes something that was wrong with the original machine, and looks like it should be stock.

#8479 1 year ago
Quoted from adrock:

Edit;

Second this. I’ll take one as soon as they are available.

#8480 1 year ago
Quoted from jazc4:

Second this. I’ll take one as soon as they are available.

Yep. I’ll take one too.

#8481 1 year ago

Hi everyone!

If you can 3d print, you can just print my original design instead of buying the "Puck". I designed and publicated that before anyone else...

One is for single color print (the easy one), one for dual color with a transparente layer (even better imo, but more difficult to print. You have to know what you are doing....) . My design covers the full insert, that's why you have to file it to fit your insert properly (every insert is glued in the playfield differently, that's why it is not possible to cover the whole area with a one fits all design). IT WON'T FIT WITHOUT DOING THIS! BE CAREFUL! The first link shows the cutouts necessary for my lotr(DO NOT PRINT THIS, IT WON'T FIT ON OTHER MASHINES), the third link the easy one color print.

Feel free to download and print!

https://www.tinkercad.com/things/3bAIMBZ0Gcv

https://www.tinkercad.com/things/6ITXXAkUU28

https://www.tinkercad.com/things/eKci8sda7BX

LG

#8482 1 year ago
Quoted from adrock:

Edit;

Quoted from red-line:

Man, I must have gotten the last one on pinball life. It's worth the wait, this is my favorite type of mod - unobtrusive, fixes something that was wrong with the original machine, and looks like it should be stock.

Quoted from paynemic:

Yep. I’ll take one too.

It really is a truly stand out mod. Great idea, and amazing effect. Looks so clean when you look down at that circle of rings now. Took about a minute and a half to install and well worth it!

A nice little fringe benefit about this mod as well, it gives you the opportunity to adjust that board a little bit to the left/right/up/down so that the LEDs are perfectly aligned with the small ring inserts.

#8483 1 year ago

Haven’t been playing lotr lately but just came across these parts in a box, does anyone know what these are?

CABA3DBE-8A56-493F-8F5C-10393323FBD1 (resized).jpegCABA3DBE-8A56-493F-8F5C-10393323FBD1 (resized).jpeg
#8484 1 year ago
Quoted from Iamthelaw:

Haven’t been playing lotr lately but just came across these parts in a box, does anyone know what these are?
[quoted image]

Figurine hold downs for on the playfield and a key fob

#8485 1 year ago

Hi everyone,

So I have a pinduino hooked up to the aux 12V 3-pin molex power connector inside the cabinet, right hand side. I need to unplug it to put in a splitter for more mods. Problem is, it seems to be pretty snug in that female connector, any ideas how to get it out safely? I don't see any kind of latches or grooves or anything which are facilitating a tighter connection, it's just stuck in there pretty hard. I guess I don't know my own strength.

Thanks as always for your insight.

#8486 1 year ago
Quoted from ShineSpark:

Hi everyone,
So I have a pinduino hooked up to the aux 12V 3-pin molex power connector inside the cabinet, right hand side. I need to unplug it to put in a splitter for more mods. Problem is, it seems to be pretty snug in that female connector, any ideas how to get it out safely? I don't see any kind of latches or grooves or anything which are facilitating a tighter connection, it's just stuck in there pretty hard. I guess I don't know my own strength.

Two sets of pliers?

#8487 1 year ago
Quoted from adrock:

RGP POTD plastic (here on Pinside)- has holes Below figures/slots for cable ties
Star post lights below plastic. screw up through hole in post light—> thru hole in POTD plastic—> into figures
Attach Star post wires to POTD lights. Either comet matrix alligator clips (plug and play) or I may use wire taps to avoid clips.
Seems pretty straightforward and inexpensive
Thanks for the link. Good to know. ChipScott hooked me up with some matrix ones he had left over (much appreciated)

The ad says it doesn't fit the 2003 version of the game

#8488 1 year ago
Quoted from adrock:

Two sets of pliers?

That's worth a try, I think I can start pretty gently with that setup.

Good thinking!

#8489 1 year ago
Quoted from red-line:

I played my first game since installing the LED puck, and the ball started behaving oddly at the center, within a minute I realized that the right side of my ring insert had been pushed out of the playfield. Nightmare. I removed the puck and pushed the insert back into place, but now there's a noticeable lip on the edge of the insert that I doubt was there previously. Can anyone confirm if their machine has a small lip you can feel around the ring insert?

Anyone ever had this insert pop out before? Any thoughts? Am I SOL?
PXL_20220711_213710232 (resized).jpgPXL_20220711_213710232 (resized).jpg

Edit: anyone know of a NOS playfield?

#8490 1 year ago
Quoted from red-line:

This post aged like milk.
I played my first game since installing the puck, and the ball started behaving oddly at the center, within a minute I realized that my entire ring insert had been pushed out of the playfield by the LED puck. Nightmare. I removed the puck and pushed the insert back into place, but now there's a noticeable lip on the edge of the insert that I doubt was there previously.
Anyone ever had this insert pop out before? Any thoughts? If I play, will I start chipping the playfield away? Am I SOL?[quoted image]

#8491 1 year ago
Quoted from red-line:

I played my first game since installing the LED puck, and the ball started behaving oddly at the center, within a minute I realized that my entire ring insert had been pushed out of the playfield. I may have pushed it out during install somehow, tho I have no idea how. Nightmare. I pushed the insert back into place, but now there's a noticeable lip on the edge of the insert that I doubt was there previously. Can a yone confirm there's a little lip you can feel around the ring insert?

[quoted image]

#8492 1 year ago

Although I have not had this issue, many have indicated having this insert become loose or raised. It's fixable.

#8494 1 year ago

Does the design of the puck put any pressure on the insert? If so then it's a hard pass.

#8495 1 year ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

The ad says it doesn't fit the 2003 version of the game

Yours is 2003?

#8496 1 year ago
Quoted from adrock:

Yours is 2003?

It's the regular game, not the le. So wouldn't that be the 2003 version?

#8497 1 year ago
Quoted from ShineSpark:

Hi everyone,

I’ve got a pinduino in mine as well, but I’m not sure i follow. Where are you splitting to add mods? certainly not the pinduino, right?

i don’t think you’ll need to remove it. it’s piggybacked to J6 / J7. you’d be grabbing power elsewhere. am i missing something?

#8498 1 year ago
Quoted from red-line:

I played my first game since installing the LED puck, and the ball started behaving oddly at the center, within a minute I realized that the right side of my ring insert had been pushed out of the playfield. Nightmare. I removed the puck and pushed the insert back into place, but now there's a noticeable lip on the edge of the insert that I doubt was there previously. Can anyone confirm if their machine has a small lip you can feel around the ring insert?
[quoted image]
Edit: anyone know of a NOS playfield?

Although it's subtle, I can feel a small lip around the edge of that insert on my game, but it doesn't affect the ball or ballpath and the the insert itself is level with the playfield.
When I first noticed this, it was after I removed full playfield mylar (which was placed before I received my game, as I did not care for the look and/or feel of full playfield mylar). However, because I knew that that area would have a lot of ball action, I covered the entire ring circle (and beyond that edge) in a circular piece of mylar to protect that area and the paint /clear, etc.
That light puck is great, but I would imagine that if it was installed without the spacers that it comes with, it could/would push on that insert. Ensure that you use those additional plastic spacers that the puck comes with, and some additional spacers on top of that, if needed.
It does sound like that puck did push your insert though, but it sounds like you got it leveled out. Whew... I would give some consideration to ensuring your puck is glued along the edge on the inside (under pf) as noted in the post above, and give some consideration to covering that area in mylar.

#8499 1 year ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

It's the regular game, not the le. So wouldn't that be the 2003 version?

They started production in October 2003 but made over 5000 so unless it’s an early one it should work. FYI, he did say if you give him detailed measurements then he will custom drill holes to fit your machine if it’s not standard.

#8500 1 year ago

What triggers the ring magnet to activate? It seems like a certain number of spin rotations. Anyway, more often than not my ring magnet seems to be delayed and not catch the ball when it should be MAYBE 40% catch rate. The ring shot is made, the magnet is delayed in catching and holding the ball and the ball dribbles out of the front. The magnet should be catching it because the mode is started. The ramp alignment looks good. Wondering what I could do to improve this. Give it enough time and the ball falling will ding up the back orbit. Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 39.50
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 7.50
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 10,199 posts in this topic. You are on page 170 of 204.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-lord-of-the-rings-journey-begins-members-club/page/170?hl=killerrobots and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.