Topic Stats

• 5,509 posts
  • 494 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Vyzer2
  • Topic is favorited by 255 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,162 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200121_142447 (resized).jpg
783701B7-C241-4BF3-8E0B-3114214E7A33 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200118_181934 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200118_182356 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200111_172031 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200111_172026 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200111_172017 (resized).jpg
$_867 (resized).jpg
i-SBRpLS4-X2 (resized).jpg
IMG-20200108-WA0000 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200108_114300 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200104_104939 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200104_105011 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200104_105047 (resized).jpg
IMG_4750.JPG
IMG_4747.JPG

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5509 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 111.
#751 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Contents edited

Is this how unprovoked vendors should speak on Pinside?

#752 3 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Is this how unprovoked vendors should speak on Pinside?

#worthit

#753 3 years ago
#754 3 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Most over used, weak, and inflammatory comment on the forum. Why do you use it?
State why you want to know more about insignificant lighting changes. That would be an intelligent response.

I used it because it fits your behavior.

As for your other question, in a club thread about a game, that was interesting. I've seen UV lights in Tron and MET, but never in LOTR. So I was curious how that little experiment would look. I'm sure it wouldn't show up in a picture, so I was going to ask him before you shit on it and started being a dick.

Anything else you would like me to explain to you?

#755 3 years ago

Is the newest rom 10.2 ?

#756 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Is the newest rom 10.2 ?

10.0 is the newest "normal" ROM.

10.02 is the LE ROM (and the one you need to drive a shaker with a standard LotR)

#758 3 years ago

Just brought home a LOTR fresh off route. Coins were pouring out as I made slap saves. Collected 4 gifts, activated 6 modes, destroyed the ring, and 1 multi ball completed during the first game.

#759 3 years ago
Quoted from rudygulp42:

Just brought home a LOTR fresh off route. Coins were pouring out as I made slap saves.

Need pictures!

#761 3 years ago

Does anybody know where to get a Gimli figure thats the right size compared to other character figures?

20160530_131205_(resized).jpg

#762 3 years ago

Added some LED strip under the Path Of The Dead today.

image_(resized).jpeg

#763 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Does anybody know where to get a Gimli figure thats the right size compared to other character figures?

I think this is the one you want...

Lord of the Rings - LOTR - Battle Scale Figures - Armies of Middle-Earth - Fighting Fellowship - with Fighting Gimli, Fighting Boromir and Fighting Legolas - 2" / 5cm

Here's one on eBay...

ebay.com link » Lord Of The Rings Fighting Fellowship Armies Of Middle Earth 3 Pack

#764 3 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Added some LED strip under the Path Of The Dead today.

That looks fantastic. What strip did you use and how/where did you mount it?

#765 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar123:

That looks fantastic. What strip did you use and how/where did you mount it?

I had to make a bracket because the light bleed up the left hand side of the POTD was horrible. I used RGB LED strip that you can cut with scissors every 3rd LED.
I will take a photo later of it with the POTD removed.

#766 3 years ago

Pics as promised.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#767 3 years ago

got a LOTR last week, but with terrible Cabinet Decals. So i am searching for a set of cabinet and backbox decals. Where can i get this decals ? I can also use a grafic to print it myself ...

thank you

#768 3 years ago
Quoted from Netsepp:

got a LOTR last week, but with terrible Cabinet Decals. So i am searching for a set of cabinet and backbox decals. Where can i get this decals ? I can also use a grafic to print it myself ...
thank you

There are no decals.

Your best bet is to hope for someone providing a scan.
Or you could do something like this: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/restoring-a-lord-of-the-rings-cabinet-lotr

#769 3 years ago

yes a scan would be nice because airbrushing is not so easy

#770 3 years ago
Quoted from Netsepp:

thank you

And Hey, welcome to the club!

#771 3 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

I had to make a bracket because the light bleed up the left hand side of the POTD was horrible. I used RGB LED strip that you can cut with scissors every 3rd LED.
I will take a photo later of it with the POTD removed.

Thanks so much for the description and the photos. It looks great and I wish I had the skills to make a bracket like that. Did you make it from scratch or modify one you had lying around?

Also, is it tied into the GI so it is on all the time or is it only on when the POTD is active?

Thanks.

#772 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar123:

Thanks so much for the description and the photos. It looks great and I wish I had the skills to make a bracket like that. Did you make it from scratch or modify one you had lying around?
Also, is it tied into the GI so it is on all the time or is it only on when the POTD is active?
Thanks.

It's a really soft, thin metal sheet. It actually came out of an iPad case that was falling apart. I had to cut a couple of slots out where it mounts under the two hex posts. It was pretty easy to bend into shape.

I took the 12v from a spare connecter on the right hand side of the cab (near where the loom is for the coin mech). At the moment the LEDs mimic the GI but I may get them to turn on via a relay only when ball is on the Path Of The Dead.

#773 3 years ago

I fiddled with the spinner today. I put a couple of small washers behind the switch to move it away from the bend in the spinner actuator a tad. I then bent the switch leaf so that the switch actuated with the minimum possible pressure. Finally I put a tiny drop of very light sewing machine oil on each pivot point of the spinner.
The difference is amazing. The spinner spins for ages after the ball is shot through it and the Ring shot is now a lot easier to hit.

2 weeks later
#774 3 years ago

I added a color DMD to my machine last night. It was a quick install, great instructions, easy mod for the mechanically challenged. I'd recommend it for anyone considering it.

#775 3 years ago
Quoted from bonanza:

I added a color DMD to my machine last night. It was a quick install, great instructions, easy mod for the mechanically challenged. I'd recommend it for anyone considering it.

I added one to mine. This game really demands one doesn't it ?

#776 3 years ago

Next is the speaker lights. I have them and the etched gold ring inserts. Just need a little time to make it happen.

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Type-7.html

Hopefully they go as well as the color DMD

#777 3 years ago

Too much gold is never enough!

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#778 3 years ago

A write up on my install of a color DMD, speaker light kit, and Flipper fidelity speakers in my LOTR.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/installation-of-color-dmd-lighted-speaker-kit-and-fidelity-flipper-s#post-3207682

#779 3 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

I fiddled with the spinner today. I put a couple of small washers behind the switch to move it away from the bend in the spinner actuator a tad. I then bent the switch leaf so that the switch actuated with the minimum possible pressure. Finally I put a tiny drop of very light sewing machine oil on each pivot point of the spinner.
The difference is amazing. The spinner spins for ages after the ball is shot through it and the Ring shot is now a lot easier to hit.

4241988_(resized).jpg

#780 3 years ago

Picking up my new pin LOTR on Saturday. Anyone know where I can buy some Steroids for it?

#781 3 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Picking up my new pin LOTR on Saturday. Anyone know where I can buy some Steroids for it?

Maybe in a hole in the ground.

#782 3 years ago

I own ACDC and the owners of that game seem pretty low key. Seems like the same low key attitude with LOTR. This is just comparing to many other pins. I guess some great games just speak for themselves and that is fine with me.

I consider myself a speed and flow guy, but I am super excited to pick this pin up.

#783 3 years ago

I guess some great games just speak for themselves and that is fine with me.

Indeed. And welcome to the club. It's where the cool kids hang out.

#784 3 years ago

JJP?

HOBBIT FTW

#785 3 years ago

Something for everyone with Hobbit and LOTR.

Any tips of brightening up the LOTR play field? This game is on the dark side for sure

#786 3 years ago

Warm white LEDs, LEDOCD. I'd also recommend super-brights in the spotlights.

#787 3 years ago

Any tips of brightening up the LOTR play field?

LED GI is always step one.

Mine came with an LED kit installed and a green LED strip shining up from the trough to brighten up the flipper area, and a pink LED strip under the back box, to lighten up the upper play field. The pink should be red, but it does the job.

The spot lights on my slings have red frosted LEDs, something lighter might be better, and it came with some extra purple spots in the coin box, which I think I will use for the mid play field and to light up the death rider. Always interesting to see how various colors look.

#788 3 years ago

Any tips of brightening up the LOTR play field? This game is on the dark side for sure

Led strip under the Path Of The Dead. Look at the top of this page.

#789 3 years ago

Trough light..

20160215_152930_(resized).jpg

#790 3 years ago

Wow those playfields really glow! Thanks for the tips.

Just contacted Friend and Pinsider RandomKG and he is going to help me get a game plan to really make the playfield light up! I will show him your tips and pics.

Thanks

#792 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Side mirrors help a lot too.

Yes. Yours looks great. There is a LED OCD included with mine when I got it.

#793 3 years ago

Just contacted Friend and Pinsider RandomKG and he is going to help me get a game plan to really make the playfield light up!

Well, you might as well call in the big guns. Are you sure you're ready for Kev's level of "light up"?

#794 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Well, you might as well call in the big guns. Are you sure you're ready for Kev's level of "light up"?

I think so, but I know I will get lectured one more time about I should have bought MET instead of LOTR.

#795 3 years ago

I'll be very interested to see what KG comes up with. His other games are amazing...LOTR is a challenge for sure. It's easy to push it into Skittles territory, needs an artist's touch, which I think KG has.

#796 3 years ago

Sunlight LEDs are great with some warm whites. You don't want the game to look yellow, but rather give it a mix to slightly tint it towards yellow without overdoing it. I don't have a ton of color in my pinball lighting (I agree that many look like a skittles bag exploded).

#797 3 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Sunlight LEDs are great with some warm whites. You don't want the game to look yellow, but rather give it a mix to slightly tint it towards yellow without overdoing it. I don't have a ton of color in my pinball lighting (I agree that many look like a skittles bag exploded).

Both "incandescent" lights and "warm white" on the color temperature chart definitely have a slight yellow tint.

correlated_color_temperature_(resized).jpg

#798 3 years ago

Looking for a list of coil sleeves needed. Marco doesn't have a kit and I'm not sure where to find the needed sleeve for a coil ( I see a coil list but no sleeve list)

Coils

26-1200 (9)
24-940 (1)
23-800 (3)
22-1080 (1)
27-1500 (1)
FLIPPERS 22-900 (2)

#799 3 years ago

Does anybody know the part number of the two metal posts either side of the Gollum/Gimli hole ?

#800 3 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Both "incandescent" lights and "warm white" on the color temperature chart definitely have a slight yellow tint.

I prefer my pinball to stay nice and cool with LEDs and it does. No incandescents to me and warm whites are too yellow for me too.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 5509 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 111.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside