IMG_7027 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7019 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4036 (resized).jpg
IMG_4034 (resized).jpg
IMG_3077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240331_163644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,199 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 204.
#7001 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHigh1:

Yep...LED OCD board in hand.

LED OCD is a must on LOTR, well worth changing over to LED's. Gets rid of all that built up bulb heat under the inserts now so no worries of inserts rising due to heat, plus the OCD is programmable to your liking but default is great as is for LOTR.

The GI Gizmo is pretty dam good too, if you can get both.

#7002 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

The GI Gizmo is pretty dam good too, if you can get both.

I looked at that...wasn't 100% clear on its benefits for GI. I'll look back into it. Thx!

#7003 3 years ago

Happy to join the club with a huo example.
Such an amazing pin.

3CB9DA00-DAD6-49CE-99E1-F3DA25B60606 (resized).jpeg3CB9DA00-DAD6-49CE-99E1-F3DA25B60606 (resized).jpeg960731A1-0147-4EFC-B55E-E15C0B7AD247 (resized).jpeg960731A1-0147-4EFC-B55E-E15C0B7AD247 (resized).jpeg
#7004 3 years ago

Thinking about picking up an LOTR. What’s a good price on a low play huo these days?

#7005 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Thinking about picking up an LOTR. What’s a good price on a low play huo these days?

I would expect to pay about $7500

#7006 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Yeah low end would be $6,500, $7,500 is super common.

#7007 3 years ago

Really? For a stock one...no leds,no led ocd, no color dmd, no mods?

Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

#7008 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Really? For a stock one...no leds,no led ocd, no color dmd, no mods?

Well to be fair, you didn't say any of that when you asked the question. "HUO" doesn't mean "bare bones stock". A bare bones stock HUO, I would expect to pay at $6500+ for anyone who knows what they are worth on not urgently looking to move it in 24 hours. The average HUO with a decent selection of mods gets you towards the $7500 mark.

#7009 3 years ago

Giving my LOTR some tweaks added plastic protectors ,they look good and will take the zip ties off the figures. The artwork on the paths of the dead seemed kind of bland so I came up with this

20210418_201107 (resized).jpg20210418_201107 (resized).jpg20210418_200116 (resized).jpg20210418_200116 (resized).jpg20210418_200245 (resized).jpg20210418_200245 (resized).jpg
#7010 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

Giving my LOTR some tweaks added plastic protectors ,they look good and will take the zip ties off the figures. The artwork on the paths of the dead seemed kind of bland so I came up with this
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sweet. What did you do. Are you selling?

#7011 3 years ago

thanks, i may tweak it a little bit , pm me if you want one i may make a batch

#7012 3 years ago

Just picked up a clean HUO LOTR that had been sitting Unplayed for a number of years. I just rebuilt both flippers as they both needed it and the right flip is still pretty weak compared to the left. Should I start by replacing the cabinet leaf switches? Or replacing the EOS? It’s a 2004 run on v.10. This is not a heating issue so I’m not popping in those overpowered pblife coils.

419B2E25-A54B-4793-B457-6DBD8E37A0A1 (resized).jpeg419B2E25-A54B-4793-B457-6DBD8E37A0A1 (resized).jpeg
#7013 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Just picked up a clean HUO LOTR that had been sitting Unplayed for a number of years. I just rebuilt both flippers as they both needed it and the right flip is still pretty weak compared to the left. Should I start by replacing the cabinet leaf switches? Or replacing the EOS? It’s a 2004 run on v.10. This is not a heating issue so I’m not popping in those overpowered pblife coils.[quoted image]

I would look at the EOS first, after that fix maybe a Pinsound

#7014 3 years ago

Haha yeaaaah, It could use it I guesssss

I would look at the EOS first, after that fix maybe a Pinsound

#7015 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Just picked up a clean HUO LOTR that had been sitting Unplayed for a number of years. I just rebuilt both flippers as they both needed it and the right flip is still pretty weak compared to the left. Should I start by replacing the cabinet leaf switches? Or replacing the EOS? It’s a 2004 run on v.10. This is not a heating issue so I’m not popping in those overpowered pblife coils.[quoted image]

My leaf switches have been flaky over the years. I'd at least rough up the contacts on the leaf blades to make sure there is a clean connection.

#7016 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

My flipper "rebuilds" always include EOS switches. They're too cheap not to just do it when you have it all apart and take away any chance of it being as issue.

Never buy those PBL coils, the APB medium strength coils are the way to go if you need them.

#7017 3 years ago

Agreed with above. I just took delivery of a huo example.
Installed all new flipper mechs with the APB medium strength coils.
These coils seem plenty strong enough.

#7018 3 years ago

So I upgraded to pinsound and I’m very happy with it. I’m thinking about upgrading the speakers. Any speaker recommendation for it? I have bought these two models for different pinball machines but I’m not sure which one is better or if I should get a different brand. I don’t want to spend $300 on pinwoofer since pinsound already has an amp in it. Thanks for the recommendations.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_206DSC404/Kicker-43DSC404.html

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000230LBI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_VWD5K90C6HZW9MNX6WDB

#7019 3 years ago

I just installed the 4" Kicker speakers that are in your link on my LoTR and they sound absolutly great. A worthwhile upgrade over the Stern factory speakers.

#7020 3 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Happy to join the club with a huo example.
Such an amazing pin.[quoted image][quoted image]

Did you get that from Reg?
Need some mods in that baby! lol

#7021 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

So I upgraded to pinsound and I’m very happy with it. I’m thinking about upgrading the speakers. Any speaker recommendation for it? I have bought these two models for different pinball machines but I’m not sure which one is better or if I should get a different brand. I don’t want to spend $300 on pinwoofer since pinsound already has an amp in it. Thanks for the recommendations.
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_206DSC404/Kicker-43DSC404.html
amazon.com link »

Quoted from Angel:

I just installed the 4" Kicker speakers that are in your link on my LoTR and they sound absolutly great. A worthwhile upgrade over the Stern factory speakers.

Those 4" Kickers with a external Polk PSW10 Powered Sub, will be rocking the house with that pinsound board.

#7022 3 years ago

@hollywood: No, I didn’t buy Reg’s example. Unlocked a different huo from another local seller.
Had a beautiful pf with some nice enhancements including gold flake powder coated trim, color dmd, Palantir mod, lollipop rails, shaker, led backglass kit, nvram installed & some other additions.
Happy to be part of the club again.

#7023 3 years ago

Those 4" Kickers with a external Polk PSW10 Powered Sub, will be rocking the house with that pinsound board.

Speaking of rocking the house, how do you make pinsound+ louder?

#7024 3 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Speaking of rocking the house, how do you make pinsound louder?

There are knobs on the board that have volume control

#7025 3 years ago

Lots of LOTRs on the marketplace. Is this just the cycle or is something else brewing?

#7026 3 years ago

Nothing is brewing... just the natural ebbs and flows of supply and demand.

#7027 3 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Lots of LOTRs on the marketplace. Is this just the cycle or is something else brewing?

Rumors of a vault edition are brewing

#7028 3 years ago

Rumors with no truth unfortunately. I’d love to see this game updated with an LCD but with Sterns backlogs, New Line licensing issues and new games coming I don’t think it’ll ever happen. If they ever do get around to it’ll definitely be premium + / LE pricing. Stern has not produced a game this packed since...well...they released LOTR. Whitestar was their golden era if you ask me.

Quoted from tacreno:

Rumors of a vault edition are brewing

#7029 3 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

It's the 20 year anniversary of the movie debut...and some theaters ran re-releases. The anniversary is being marketed in various channels.

#7030 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHigh1:

It's the 20 year anniversary of the movie debut...and some theaters ran re-releases. The anniversary is being marketed in various channels.

Doubt LotR will be remade. They can make an all new one, since Amazon is making a LotR TV series with a $465m budget.

‘The Lord Of the Rings’: Blockbuster Budget For Season 1 Is Revealed...

https://deadline.com/2021/04/the-lord-of-the-rings-season-1-budget-rebate-increased-new-zealand-1234736222/

#7031 3 years ago

I have the pinwoofer in mine that sounds amazing. What is the difference with pinsound?

#7032 3 years ago
Quoted from Superpops1:

What is the difference with pinsound?

Limitless customization's, callouts, sound effects, music and shaker routines if you get their shaker kit.

#7033 3 years ago
Quoted from Superpops1:

I have the pinwoofer in mine that sounds amazing. What is the difference with pinsound?

Custom soundtracks remastered from the movie tracks in full stereo high quality sound. Worth $400 all day long.

#7034 2 years ago

on a shooter plate kick

20210423_223250 (resized).jpg20210423_223250 (resized).jpg20210425_200632 (resized).jpg20210425_200632 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#7035 2 years ago

Good morning everyone

My LOTR started to exhibit sudden reset in game, randomly (and inconstently)

Before I go out and check 5v level, watchdog threshold configuration pin (which was left floating on some manufacturing builds), power board tick, is there anything else you would recommend to check first, as the above would require me to set up a scope to trigger and capture signals when the game reset

Thanks

#7036 2 years ago

Hey all! I'm about to restore one nasty LOTR pro I just picked up.

Any recommendations...like must haves?

I read if going LED's I need the OCD board. Agreed?

I will do color dmd.

Any must have mods?

Anyone have any mods that they want to sell?

I don't think I will go the full brass treatment.

What about rubber? Clear titans?

Let me know what you think. I know the sky is the limit here but I'm not looking to go high end. Just very nice restored condition!

Thanks!

20210430_190033 (2) (resized).jpg20210430_190033 (2) (resized).jpg
#7037 2 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

I will do color dmd.
Any must have mods?
Let me know what you think. I know the sky is the limit here but I'm not looking to go high end. Just very nice restored condition!
Thanks![quoted image]

Palintir mod is a must

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-projected-eye-palantir-mod

#7038 2 years ago

Super cool but hard to source! Sad thing is that I sold one when I bought Aaron's stash years ago as I had no need for it then

#7040 2 years ago

I will do color dmd.
Any must have mods?
Thanks![quoted image]

LED OCD is a must-have if you want to use LEDs in the inserts. I just use standard white rubber on mine. ColorDMD is excellent for LOTR, probably my favorite out of Congo, POTC, MET and GOT.

Your playfield will probably clean up great, but I’ll be listing a really nice used playfield FS soon. I replaced mine with a hand-picked Ron Kruzman playfield that I couldn’t resist. But the original looks surprisingly good for an ‘04 game. It’s HUO except for a few months at a friend’s new arcade, and a couple of pinball shows.

#7041 2 years ago

Watched the video. It looks amazing!

#7042 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

LED OCD is a must-have if you want to use LEDs in the inserts. I just use standard white rubber on mine. ColorDMD is excellent for LOTR, probably my favorite out of Congo, POTC, MET and GOT.
Your playfield will probably clean up great, but I’ll be listing a really nice used playfield FS soon. I replaced mine with a hand-picked Ron Kruzman playfield that I couldn’t resist. But the original looks surprisingly good for an ‘04 game. It’s HUO except for a few months at a friend’s new arcade, and a couple of pinball shows.

Thanks for the info! I agree that mine should clean up ok. Yours must be purdy with that Kruzman installed!!!!!

#7043 2 years ago

Thanks for the info! I agree that mine should clean up ok. Yours must be purdy with that Kruzman installed!!!!!

I’ll post some pics when I’m 100% done, it does look sweet. I felt bad for paying $1500 for the playfield, but now that LOTR are selling for $7k+ I feel like it’s justified.

#7044 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’ll post some pics when I’m 100% done, it does look sweet. I felt bad for paying $1500 for the playfield, but now that LOTR are selling for $7k+ I feel like it’s justified.

This title has been steadily hiking over the years, and with a slim to none chance of ever seeing a vault edition, they will always command a good dollar especially the HUO ones that were well maintained. Now send it over the top and install a Pinsound in there, it's a whole new animal after that

#7045 2 years ago

I will do color dmd.
Any must have mods?
Thanks![quoted image]

Hahaha "pro"... pinsound board, powered sub, color DMD, sillyoldelf side art, and the Niro mod 3 pack are the top must have mods for me. The rest are all less than from there.

#7046 2 years ago

I will do color dmd.
Any must have mods?
Thanks![quoted image]

For me, Pinstadiums.

I’m curious to know how many are using these on their LOTR? I played mine for a couple months before getting them and I can never go back.

I definitely agree with the LED-OCD, 110% needs it if you’re going led. Path of the Dead mod fills in a barren area if you can find one. I have translucent Titans and am very happy with them, get the clear plastic protectors for the sling plastics as well. It’s also possible to find a Gandalf on Shadowfax to swap out for the grey guy, my opinion. I’m also very pleased with my choice to go with mirror blades over art blades. Have a palantir on the way from @AUKraut, excited to eliminate the clear sphere.

#7047 2 years ago

One question, can someone shoot me a picture of the divider between the legolas ramp and Pippin loop, taken from the same angle as my picture. Looks like mine is a hacked repair, and there are damage to the metal part behind (apologies for the quality, picture was taken with glass on), and so I'd like to compare

Thanks

181460190_494025475278811_3427778585274092449_n (resized).jpg181460190_494025475278811_3427778585274092449_n (resized).jpg
#7048 2 years ago

Yeah that’s a hack. There’s just the metal divider there which does get beat to hell over time. Looks like someone riveted on a blue bumper pad because the divider was so beaten up. Only way to put it right would be to buy the new metal guide and install that.

#7049 2 years ago

Not true. Bought mine NIB and the blue pad is on the Pippin / Legolas guide. Mine is a bit dirty but still original parts.

IMG_0387 (resized).jpegIMG_0387 (resized).jpeg
#7050 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Not true. Bought mine NIB and the blue pad is on the Pippin / Legolas guide. Mine is a bit dirty but still original parts.
[quoted image]

Well at least the blue bumper is protecting the ramp guide, whereas on mine it's probably useless.

Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Yeah that’s a hack. There’s just the metal divider there which does get beat to hell over time. Looks like someone riveted on a blue bumper pad because the divider was so beaten up. Only way to put it right would be to buy the new metal guide and install that.

Any pointer on where to find that ramp guide ? (ok I'm lazy, I suspect Marco specialities has it, just need to dig the PN).

Alternatively, I was thinking of adding a Z shape metal, that would add a protection on the ramp guide, and hold the original blue bumper in place

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,199 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 204.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-lord-of-the-rings-journey-begins-members-club/page/141?hl=mpdpvdpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.