IMG_7027 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7019 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4036 (resized).jpg
IMG_4034 (resized).jpg
IMG_3077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240331_163644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,197 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 204.
#6801 3 years ago
Quoted from killerrobots:

Actually harder to get off than on but here is what I did.
Insert your left side so it is sitting on top of the limit switch and the right side is positioned higher on the ramp. Like this:
[quoted image]
Then drag the right end down the ramp surface until you get to the hole and it pops in. I was also pulling the side of the ramp away from the spinner but it doesn't deflect much so this might not help at all. There will be some resistance but mine survived.
[quoted image]
Another view:
[quoted image]

Thanks man, ended up forcing it harder than I wanted but it held up!

#6802 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I looked up the spec on that coil, should be around 3.4 ohms. 1.6 is very low. The coil has probably overheated at some point and melted some of the internal insulation. Too low ohms will cause a fuse to blow for sure. There's is just a 3amp fuse on the flipper circuits.

Shoot - I was hoping this would help me figure out what was wrong with mine! Haha. On mine, it’s my right flipper that is blowing the fuse. It takes a few flips while playing, but eventually the coil locks on and the flipper stays up until the thing blows. I’m reading 3.3 ohms on both the left and the right. How do I read the transistor to see if it’s good? And on the coil, do I need to check the diode separately?

#6803 3 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Shoot - I was hoping this would help me figure out what was wrong with mine! Haha. On mine, it’s my right flipper that is blowing the fuse. It takes a few flips while playing, but eventually the coil locks on and the flipper stays up until the thing blows. I’m reading 3.3 ohms on both the left and the right. How do I read the transistor to see if it’s good? And on the coil, do I need to check the diode separately?

Inspect the coil lugs on that flipper where the wires attach. It sounds like one is intermittently touching ground.

#6804 3 years ago

Is there a post regarding Destroy the Ring issues? Spinner is working great, but the second and final ring shot to end DTR is not working. I just ripped the spinner 9 or 10 times in different games and it just kept going.

#6805 3 years ago
Quoted from attyrhodes:

Is there a post regarding Destroy the Ring issues? Spinner is working great, but the second and final ring shot to end DTR is not working. I just ripped the spinner 9 or 10 times in different games and it just kept going.

There is a separate switch for that. It's mounted in the chute behind the ring. It's probably OK, just needs an adjustment.

#6806 3 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

To check the diode, yes, it needs to be removed from the circuit to test. You can clip one end of it. When in doubt, just replace it. Buy in bulk and they're like 10 cents/each.

#6807 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

There is a separate switch for that. It's mounted in the chute behind the ring. It's probably OK, just needs an adjustment.

Ok I'll check it out thanks.

#6808 3 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Inspect the coil lugs on that flipper where the wires attach. It sounds like one is intermittently touching ground.

Have a pic of which wire is the ground wire I should watch out for?

#6809 3 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Have a pic of which wire is the ground wire I should watch out for?

I mean, one lug may be touching the mounting plate.

#6810 3 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

I mean, one lug may be touching the mounting plate.

Thanks Neal! I think you were right about it grounding out. The lugs were well away from touching anything, but as I was fishing around I noticed I could twist the coil a bit. Twisting it back and forth a bit in its casing got me thinking that the wound wiring if it’s loosened could touch the mounting plate, potentially, even though I couldn’t see it. So twisted it tight and tried it out for a few minutes. The flipper occasionally still got stuck in the up position, but it was different. Took me a few times to tell why, basically it will now release when the ball hits it. So I listened for the sound of the coil to see if it was staying energized or if it’s de-energizing properly now as I press the button. Good news is, it is de-energizing! So the good news is no more blown fuses, hopefully(?) that part may be fixed. Now I need to see mechanically why this thing is sticking. Routed game, so I’m going to check to see if it’s a mushroomed stopper next.

#6811 3 years ago
Quoted from TheShaft:

I’m having left flipper issues. The fuse will blow on first attempt to use it. I’ve traced the wire and can’t find any shorts. I’ve tested the transistor by grounding it with a wire and that acts the same as using the flipper button, blows the fuse. (I feel like a bad transistor wouldn’t blow a fuse, but I’m new at this.) The diode on the flipper coil looks normal. What should my readings be on the flipper coil? I’m getting 3.7 ohms on the right flipper coil, 1.6 on the left flipper coil, and I have a spare coil that reads 4.3. Is this my problem? These measurements are jibberish to me. Any info would be helpful, thanks.

So I replaced the flipper coil, and now once I turn the power on the flipper engages and sticks. If left on for 10 seconds the fuse blows. What did I do wrong? I get a similar reading from both q15 and q16 so I believe the transistor is still good.

#6812 3 years ago

Anyone have advice on "re-bronzing" ramps. I just joined the club, and the pin is in great condition, but I want to get it pristine and the ramps are looking a little worn. I know the center ramp can be re-bought but I can't find anyone that carries the right side ramp so I'm wondering if I can get mine reconditioned. Anyone used Pinballplating.com?

#6813 3 years ago

Does anyone have a lead on replacing the ring optos? I can't find them anywhere. Mine occasionally starts a ring mode without a ball hitting it. They all register just fine in switch test mode with a ball. No anomalies or accidentally triggers either in test mod. Any help would be appreciated.

#6814 3 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Does anyone have a lead on replacing the ring optos? I can't find them anywhere. Mine occasionally starts a ring mode without a ball hitting it. They all register just fine in switch test mode with a ball. No anomalies or accidentally triggers either in test mod. Any help would be appreciated.

Remember, when starting a game and Balrog moves to the side, if there is flaky Balrog switch or wire which triggers a balrog hit, that will register as a ring hit with the ball in the shooter lane. Is that the intermittent issue you are seeing?

#6815 3 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Remember, when starting a game and Balrog moves to the side, if there is flaky Balrog switch or wire which triggers a balrog hit, that will register as a ring hit with the ball in the shooter lane. Is that the intermittent issue you are seeing?

Ring modes have started automatically at the beginning of the game, but it has also happened in the middle of one....very intermittent. It doesn't happen all the time.

I tried to test the Balrog switch wire by unplugging the power to the ring opto and playing a game. When I do that, no ring modes will start automatically (nor any modes for that matter). So I am guessing it is the ring opto itself vs Balrog. Am I wrong in assuming that?

#6816 3 years ago

Not sure if they will fix your problem, but Marco has them.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=500-6747

#6817 3 years ago

Well a phantom switch seems awfully close to what I had seen myself (except it was in the shooter lane), and I debugged it thanks to a link provided by another pinsider:
https://homepinballrepair.com/pinball-switch-lamp-matrix-troubleshooting/

basically a shorted diode results into a phantom switch triggering when three switches are closed, in my case one opto in the ball trough, the balrog close switch and the balrog hit would cause a phantom detection of the shooter lane switch.

#6818 3 years ago

Hey guys, hope I can join your club soon. This game is my favorite, still searching for this pin. Got to play one at the arcade- lower left sling was having a seizure the whole time and the top of Saruman's body was missing at his waist. But it was still amazing, I can't wait to find one!

#6819 3 years ago

Anyone need the shire decal for the hole and surrounding area? I have an extra set. Would also trade for the set of target decals.

#6820 3 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Anyone need the shire decal for the hole and surrounding area? I have an extra set. Would also trade for the set of target decals.

Let me check what target decals I have. I think I have all except the palantir

#6821 3 years ago

TicTacSeth I have these. PM me if interested in trading.

20210226_162819 (resized).jpg20210226_162819 (resized).jpg
#6822 3 years ago

I am addicted to pop bumper led rings. Was going to be tough to add them to LOTR with no caps. Well let’s just add some caps. Dremel to the rescue. Cut out the top of the caps and install, then put the plastic back on top. Top 2 pops were not bad at all.

The lower pop required more dremel work. Needed to lower the cap to replace the plastic. Also needed the side shaved to fit against the ramp.

Swapped out the top flasher caps for yellow. Might go to green later on. I also should have blackened the underside of the plastics so you could see the elvish writing better. Or just use a clear cap and ring lights. Red is all I had laying around.

I have introduced a new ball hang up but I will see if it ever happens. If it does I will make some alterations.

5EAD7D0D-3A17-4C42-B0AE-EC1C501B3FBF (resized).jpeg5EAD7D0D-3A17-4C42-B0AE-EC1C501B3FBF (resized).jpeg83F9F52A-5168-46E6-A57D-FAB9059017C2 (resized).jpeg83F9F52A-5168-46E6-A57D-FAB9059017C2 (resized).jpeg95D0EA1B-FF10-4B04-9A49-E1E1F2E7F106 (resized).jpeg95D0EA1B-FF10-4B04-9A49-E1E1F2E7F106 (resized).jpeg
#6823 3 years ago

After seeing the post years back of the guy trying to repair his PF and punching his ring graphic out accidentally, I came across this playfield and noticed this had kind of the same issue it appears. Is this a normal thing? Does it mean there is an issue as some I have seen have no seam visible? Can it be repaired with glue on the backside, or does the camera make it worse? Should it just be left alone?

Screenshot_20210228-101826_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210228-101826_Facebook (resized).jpg

#6824 3 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Please PM me and let me know what you'd want for this and how it looks. Want to be sure we are talking about the same thing.

#6825 3 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

After seeing the post years back of the guy trying to repair his PF and punching his ring graphic out accidentally, I came across this playfield and noticed this had kind of the same issue it appears. Is this a normal thing? Does it mean there is an issue as some I have seen have no seam visible? Can it be repaired with glue on the backside, or does the camera make it worse? Should it just be left alone?
[quoted image]

My game has the same issue. Insert dropped slightly on the bottom part, luckily without doing too much damage to the surrounding playfield. Fixed it by gluing insert from the bottom of the pf. Be careful when trying to make it flush with the playfield, you might push it out

#6826 3 years ago

Does anyone else start buying mods before their pin even arrives? Or is it just me.

20210303_151854 (resized).jpg20210303_151854 (resized).jpg
#6827 3 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Does anyone else start buying mods before their pin even arrives? Or is it just me.
[quoted image]

No it’s not just you. We are all insane!

9ACFF5F9-F6C5-410E-855E-6AAEF954EA5F (resized).jpeg9ACFF5F9-F6C5-410E-855E-6AAEF954EA5F (resized).jpeg
#6828 3 years ago

we all do, dont worry. 2niro mods are top.

#6829 3 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

[quoted image]

Good choice. I have all three 2Niro mods installed, and they are top notch

#6830 3 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

No it’s not just you. We are all insane! [quoted image]

And now for my next magic trick...

#6831 3 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

[quoted image]

He came a long way since I ordered mine, you get pretty boxes now. Mine just arrived wrapped in foam paper lol. Best mods for LOTR well other then Pinsound, powerblades, LED OCD boards, shaker motor, POTD etc.... yeah they're all great lol.

#6832 3 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

No it’s not just you. We are all insane! [quoted image]

Where do you get the gold colored flipper buttons?

#6833 3 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Good choice. I have all three 2Niro mods installed, and they are top notch

Where do you by 2Niro mods?

Thanks

#6834 3 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Thanks

https://www.2niro-pinball.com/boutique/Pinball-mods-c27074105

Chronopost shipping only took 2 days to US. Just like pinsound

#6835 3 years ago

Shire Wire mod no longer being made. Anyone have dimensions/pattern/thickness/material source etc? Or maybe an extra?

#6836 3 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Thanks

Some are carried by MezelMods. I bought my Fire Ring mod from them at a pinball show a couple of years ago.

https://mezelmods.com/collections/2niro-pinball

#6838 3 years ago

Anyone know what part number the two flipper switches (cabinet button) are?

The manual is a bit confusing.

Thanks!

#6839 3 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Where do you get the gold colored flipper buttons?

Used to get them from Joey at PDI but now Babak gets them from Germany.

https://pinballhaus.com/

https://pinballhaus.com/product/custom-metallic-flipper-buttons/

#6840 3 years ago

And now for my next magic trick...

Yes my disappearing AFMRLE. I think you know that feeling!

#6841 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Anyone know what part number the two flipper switches (cabinet button) are?
The manual is a bit confusing.
Thanks!

Anyone?

#6842 3 years ago

Original part # is 180-5160-00. According to Marcos, this subs out to 500-6689-01. Marco is out of stock but Pinballlife seems to have them.

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-flipper-leaf-switch-single-contact.html

#6843 3 years ago

Also found this info on Marcos...

Switch - flip cab "Paliney"
#500-6889-01

Single flipper button cabinet switch assembly with the new low-arcing "Paliney" alloy contacts.

Replaces:
500-6889-01
180-5160-00
500-6889-00

If replacing 180-5160 series switch, mounting holes will need to be raised 3/4".

SOPRANOS Service Bulletin 156

Weight: 0.41 oz

#6844 3 years ago

Wanted LOTR LE... If you are on the west coast and ready to part with your LE please hit me up. I have cash. Thank you for your consideration.

#6845 3 years ago

After upgrading roms, pal chips and installing a shaker, what does the LE have different? Besides back glass. Is there anything else different?

#6846 3 years ago
Quoted from Vernisious:

After upgrading roms, pal chips and installing a shaker, what does the LE have different? Besides back glass. Is there anything else different?

gold or brass powder coated legs , side rails and hinges? , less or no playfield figures

#6847 3 years ago
Quoted from Vernisious:

No figures installed, to be honest their brass/gold finish trim was horrible. Tarnished very easily and what looks like a clear lacquer coat on it was peeling off the metal too. Powder coating was the better way to go.

#6848 3 years ago

Found these locally got $20! Now I need to decide how to install them. I saw one thread reference green post lights, but has anyone tried UV lights?
791D26BC-A077-41B1-B264-0F5189A32C25 (resized).jpeg791D26BC-A077-41B1-B264-0F5189A32C25 (resized).jpeg

#6849 3 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Found these locally got $20! Now I need to decide how to install them. I saw one thread reference green post lights, but has anyone tried UV lights?
[quoted image]

I'm partial to the green LED but it all comes down to what you like best for your taste. I'll send you a video of mine installed.

#6850 3 years ago

I’m looking for a nice LOTR in Southern California. Willing to drive a ways, or pay for shipping from someone trusted. Regular or LE.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 39.50
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

There are 10,197 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 204.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-lord-of-the-rings-journey-begins-members-club/page/137?hl=tinyblackdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.