IMG_0841 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0840 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2852 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240315-080536 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240315-080458 (resized).png
IMG_8433.jpeg
IMG_2627 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,135 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 203.
#6551 3 years ago

Hi Celofane, how did you illuminate the rail elfish inscription? A led rubban squeezed below? ( Etienne, another Frenchy )

#6552 3 years ago
Quoted from Celofane:

My Lord of the rings pinball project is finaly finished
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

A+ sit down and shut up now

Siderail is awesome! Don't like the title on the speaker pannel.
It would be better with the ring saying too.
And of course a delicious PF.

#6553 3 years ago
Quoted from etien:

Hi Celofane, how did you illuminate the rail elfish inscription? A led rubban squeezed below? ( Etienne, another Frenchy )

Hi Etienne

It's a 2Niro Pinball mod behind Pinball Center side armor. The difficult of this mod is you need to notch the cabinet along the entire length
Ask me on mp if you want more precision.

#6554 3 years ago

Thanks again to Only68s for the new plastics!
I got rid of these badly "repaired" and broken plastics
The game deserves it!

Also I found out 3 game changing things today:
1. The clear plastics around the center ramp were postioned wrong, so every missed shot went into the vuk.
2. The ramp was not at the right angle compared to the ring! I had a lot of trouble hitting it, but now I know why.
3. Game apparently has a pitch of 7.5 degrees, this also explanes the difficult ring shot
20201103_162709 (resized).jpg20201103_162709 (resized).jpg20201103_162946 (resized).jpg20201103_162946 (resized).jpg

#6555 3 years ago
Quoted from Celofane:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Amazing job! Congratulation!

#6556 3 years ago
Quoted from Celofane:

Hi Etienne
It's a 2Niro Pinball mod behind Pinball Center side armor. The difficult of this mod is you need to notch the cabinet along the entire length
Ask me on mp if you want more precision.

This one is coming from Switzerland

#6557 3 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

This one is coming from Switzerland

Yes from my friend

#6558 3 years ago
Quoted from Celofane:

Nice, is the topper synchronized with game play? And for that matter, where did you get that topper?

Merci depuis la Bretagne

#6559 3 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Nice, is the topper synchronized with game play? And for that matter, where did you get that topper?
Merci depuis la Bretagne

No, this topper is not synchronized with the game. It's a prototype. Name is Pinscreen , coming soon

#6560 3 years ago

Does anyone have trouble getting the Right Orbit shot to fall into the path of the dead VUK during War of the Ents? I swear I hit it over the tower at least half the time if not more.

#6561 3 years ago
Quoted from attyrhodes:

Does anyone have trouble getting the Right Orbit shot to fall into the path of the dead VUK during War of the Ents? I swear I hit it over the tower at least half the time if not more.

I don't think the post behind the orthanc tower raises on a right orbit shot so only a slow moving right orbit skill shot type shot will fall in, with a left orbit shot the post raises during ents so they all fall in.

during other modes or when not in a mode the post raises after a right inlane shot .

#6562 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

I don't think the post behind the orthanc tower raises on a right orbit shot so only a slow moving right orbit skill shot type shot will fall in, with a left orbit shot the post raises during ents so they all fall in.
during other modes or when not in a mode the post raises after a right inlane shot .

Yeah the post definitely doesnt pop up, and shooting it straight up the middle is super risky. Frustrating to end the mode 1 short of completion when you're hitting your shots.

#6563 3 years ago

left orbit shot it is then! when I am in THE ZONE---

potd to left inlane ,backhand from left flipper to orthank vuk . rinse and repeat …

( remember to light KEEP letters for sword lock down the road by toggling flipper to left inlane if needed)

#6564 3 years ago

What is a fair price on a true (undocumented) HUO, pristine condition all the way around yet 100% original (no mods, still has incandescent lighting) these days? This is an original non-LE machine. Perfect working order.

#6565 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

What is a fair price on a true (undocumented) HUO, pristine condition all the way around yet 100% original (no mods, still has incandescent lighting) these days? This is an original non-LE machine. Perfect working order.

I paid $6,500 for mine that was just like that

#6566 3 years ago
Quoted from attyrhodes:

I paid $6,500 for mine that was just like that

That's kinda what I figured. For a game that has such a robust mod scene available and many considered to be real improvements (LED w/ LEDOCD, Palantir glass eye, path of the dead figures, ColorDMD and more) it makes it almost LESS desirable to find a top dollar original to start from unless you are ok with being $8000-$9000 into a LOTR pro... Has one ever sold that high that was non-LE?

Many good (but not great) condition machines are out there for 6500 including all of the mods I mentioned.

#6567 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

agree with $6500 for what you describe....

#6568 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

That's kinda what I figured. For a game that has such a robust mod scene available and many considered to be real improvements (LED w/ LEDOCD, Palantir glass eye, path of the dead figures, ColorDMD and more) it makes it almost LESS desirable to find a top dollar original to start from unless you are ok with being $8000-$9000 into a LOTR pro... Has one ever sold that high that was non-LE?
Many good (but not great) condition machines are out there for 6500 including all of the mods I mentioned.

LOTR never came as a pro offer, they did offer the LE model years later with a mirrored backglass and lack of playfield figures. The only other difference was the shaker motor and version 10.02 cpu (shaker routines).

True HUO or excellent condition LOTR's do carry a nice price tag. I purchased mine for 6200 HUO with only 448 plays on it, cpu & display ver 8 which is the version that was current when my machine was made.

Since then I upgraded it to 10.02 and added a shitload of mods.

Pinsound Plus Ultimate kit with speaker kit and pinsound motion shaker kit.
Fully LEDs
POTD Mod and figures lighted
Gandlaf Staff mod, *easy one as I designed that years ago *
Lighted Power Pinblades
additional figures throughout the playfield
mount doom mod
Barad Dur sauron eye, Palantir interactive orb, Lighted ring mod.
Cliffys protectors
Shire decals
Arwen plastic protector

and I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch of other things here and there but I can tell you I have almost 8k invested into it. To me it's well worth it as this machine still as of today 17 years later still holds its own against newer titles of today. The coding is fantastic and playing it does become a journey, it's great when you're in the mood for an adventure but if you want a quick play then just move onto something else in your collection that night.

#6569 3 years ago

So true.

Quoted from DeathHimself:

The coding is fantastic and playing it does become a journey, it's great when you're in the mood for an adventure but if you want a quick play then just move onto something else in your collection that night.

#6570 3 years ago

Just joined the club! Just need the appropriate sized bolts to anchor this bad boy to the floor...

#6571 3 years ago
Quoted from A-1Bogart:

Just joined the club! Just need the appropriate sized bolts to anchor this bad boy to the floor...

Congrats!

#6572 3 years ago
Quoted from A-1Bogart:

Welcome to the club!
You can always cut holes in the floor, put the legs in them and fill them up with concrete

#6573 3 years ago

I just joined the club as well. Picked up a nice 2003 LOTR and looking forward to exploring all it has to offer.

#6574 3 years ago

Same here. Picked up a routed example that is a diamond in the rough but has good bones for a refresh this winter. Let the part collecting begin!

#6575 3 years ago

I was privileged to have the 1st Pinwoofer audio system for LotR and wanted to provide some feedback for both pinwoofer and the community here. They supported a bunch of games and just added whitestar systems to there repertoire. Let me address a few categories and I am free to answer questions.

Ordering and delivery:

I was on a prorder list,waas invoiced and paid via Paypal. System was delivered with above average packaging and transit was just a couple days. They are located in the middle of america so probably most places take 2 or 3 days. Grade A for the logistics

Install:

Install was pretty straight forward. Kit comes with 2 circuit boards that T into the driver and sound board. The power harness then plugs into auxiliary board you installed, the sound harness is not used -it is replaced with a 3.5 mm audio jack. I ordered yellow speaker risers which are a nice touch, it makes me want to add led speaker lighting. The speakers are direct replacements. It uses Pyle speakers in backbox and Goldwood sub for cabinet. It comes with a sub riser which I had a hardware issue, the existing screws were slightly to long and had to be replacedwith 1” #6-32 machine screws. Not a big deal. I ordered the yellow amplifier bracket which looks great. Run your cabling and tidy up wiring wit zip ties and all done.
Instructions were simple and easy to follow. Support was spot on.

Sound and performance:

I am very happy with their product. The amplifier gives you base and treble adjustments as well as independent control of back box and cabinet sub volumes. I can get some sweet base sounds without blasting the volume. It does sound good loud and loud enough to make my wife yell at me lol

Overall, I can’t imagine anyone could be disappointed with a Pinwoofer system. It sounds amazing and is a Huge upgrade over the stock sound.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6576 3 years ago
32BF99BD-F085-46F5-874A-0546ACD8B1C5 (resized).jpeg32BF99BD-F085-46F5-874A-0546ACD8B1C5 (resized).jpeg510E7D60-B5B9-41E5-81E5-18ADF4E3AD19 (resized).jpeg510E7D60-B5B9-41E5-81E5-18ADF4E3AD19 (resized).jpeg
#6577 3 years ago
220E459A-770F-4322-BBBD-EEF35BD4DDDF (resized).jpeg220E459A-770F-4322-BBBD-EEF35BD4DDDF (resized).jpeg63512975-2B2D-4081-95B0-3D1ADF7D5653 (resized).jpeg63512975-2B2D-4081-95B0-3D1ADF7D5653 (resized).jpeg
#6578 3 years ago
2AA3412A-B325-4F6E-9DE4-6C40E91E0F54 (resized).jpeg2AA3412A-B325-4F6E-9DE4-6C40E91E0F54 (resized).jpeg86F20202-ABA7-4CC9-BEDD-90AE3090E470 (resized).jpeg86F20202-ABA7-4CC9-BEDD-90AE3090E470 (resized).jpeg
#6579 3 years ago
Quoted from Superpops1:

I was privileged to have the 1st Pinwoofer audio system for LotR and wanted to provide some feedback for both pinwoofer and the community here. They supported a bunch of games and just added whitestar systems to there repertoire. Let me address a few categories and I am free to answer questions.
Ordering and delivery:
I was on a prorder list,waas invoiced and paid via Paypal. System was delivered with above average packaging and transit was just a couple days. They are located in the middle of america so probably most places take 2 or 3 days. Grade A for the logistics
Install:
Install was pretty straight forward. Kit comes with 2 circuit boards that T into the driver and sound board. The power harness then plugs into auxiliary board you installed, the sound harness is not used -it is replaced with a 3.5 mm audio jack. I ordered yellow speaker risers which are a nice touch, it makes me want to add led speaker lighting. The speakers are direct replacements. It uses Pyle speakers in backbox and Goldwood sub for cabinet. It comes with a sub riser which I had a hardware issue, the existing screws were slightly to long and had to be replacedwith 1” #6-32 machine screws. Not a big deal. I ordered the yellow amplifier bracket which looks great. Run your cabling and tidy up wiring wit zip ties and all done.
Instructions were simple and easy to follow. Support was spot on.
Sound and performance:
I am very happy with their product. The amplifier gives you base and treble adjustments as well as independent control of back box and cabinet sub volumes. I can get some sweet base sounds without blasting the volume. It does sound good loud and loud enough to make my wife yell at me lol
Overall, I can’t imagine anyone could be disappointed with a Pinwoofer system. It sounds amazing and is a Huge upgrade over the stock sound.

Superpops1 - your install looks amazing and we're grateful to see your objective report and photos! Have fun with it! -PinWoofer

#6580 3 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

superpops1 - your install looks amazing and we're grateful to see your objective report and photos! Have fun with it! -PinWoofer

looks good and nice write up and pictures . I am in a precise mood today.....

OBJECTIVE: "Here is a chart comparing the frequency response of the stock system and the pinwoofer system using the stock LOTR sound files measured with microphone positioned at player position"

SUBJECTIVE : " Sounds amazing"

#6581 3 years ago
Quoted from MG7322:

Same here. Picked up a routed example that is a diamond in the rough but has good bones for a refresh this winter. Let the part collecting begin!

Nice, congrats! You're like 30 minutes away from me... I may have to hit you up for some pointers!

#6582 3 years ago

Wanting to pick up an LED OCD in the near future, is the GIzmo worth it to add as well?

#6583 3 years ago
Quoted from TheShaft:

Wanting to pick up an LED OCD in the near future, is the GIzmo worth it to add as well?

I did while I was ordering the OCD board, it was cheap enough just to order both at the same time so I was like why the hell not.

#6584 3 years ago

I have 2 Army of the Dead figures that I got to create a Path of the Dead mod but never got there. It was a set of 3 and I sold one figure to another Pinsider for his mod. I have the King of the Dead, an Army of the Dead Swordsman with his pile of skulls base, and their swords and a pike. They have never left the packaging. Make me a reasonable offer and I'll add $6 for shipping! Pics:

LOTR figures in packageLOTR figures in package

LOTR figuresLOTR figures

Added over 3 years ago:

!SOLD!

#6585 3 years ago

I was hoping someone can please help me..

My sword lock keeps bopping up and down ..
At one point it said check sword lock switch on menu ..
My tech guy looked at it, everything seemed tight and fine...

No errors on menu..

However sometimes, not always when I lock a ball on sword ramp the stand up thing that pops out to stop the ball starts convulsing..lol

If someone can give me some advice I would sincerely appreciate it

#6586 3 years ago
Quoted from Liakos:

I was hoping someone can please help me..
My sword lock keeps bopping up and down ..
At one point it said check sword lock switch on menu ..
My tech guy looked at it, everything seemed tight and fine...
No errors on menu..
However sometimes, not always when I lock a ball on sword ramp the stand up thing that pops out to stop the ball starts convulsing..lol
If someone can give me some advice I would sincerely appreciate it

Go into switch test and roll a ball over the three switches on ramp that are near the up-post.
You want to see if the switch test goes from open to closed when the ball goes over them.

#6587 3 years ago

What version is this running? Upgrading to 10.2 and adding shaker, do I need the whole package?

763D59EC-5DDC-403E-BB70-B71BF1596D55 (resized).jpeg763D59EC-5DDC-403E-BB70-B71BF1596D55 (resized).jpegD3B49811-E706-4DDD-AA0A-815ADC0F7534 (resized).jpegD3B49811-E706-4DDD-AA0A-815ADC0F7534 (resized).jpeg
#6588 3 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

What version is this running? Upgrading to 10.2 and adding shaker, do I need the whole package?
[quoted image][quoted image]

If you turn the slow boot option on in settings it will show you the version you are running.

#6589 3 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

You dont need to replace the sound roms, just the game and display plus the pal chip.

#6590 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

You dont need to replace the sound roms, just the game and display plus the pal chip.

Actually if you are already running v10 you'll need to just replace the CPU ROM to V 10.02 and pal chip as Lermods said, the display remains the same at V10 so it's not needed.

#6591 3 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

The NVRAM is a super easy swap to get rid of batteries in LotR

#6592 3 years ago

I just joined the adventure today... FINALLY!!! Have been waiting to find a HUO LoTR LE in perfect shape and finally did! Audits say only 174 plays which seller things is the original count based on where he bought it from the original owner. The lane and Shire areas look brand new. LoTR & Hobbit looks so good together. So excited to be in the club!

Cheers,
Mike

LoTR1 (resized).jpgLoTR1 (resized).jpgLoTR2 (resized).jpgLoTR2 (resized).jpgLoTR3 (resized).jpgLoTR3 (resized).jpgLoTR+Hobbit (resized).jpgLoTR+Hobbit (resized).jpg

#6593 3 years ago
Quoted from BigMorty:

I just join the adventure today... FINALLY!!! Have been waiting to find a HUO LoTR LE in perfect shape and finally did! Audits say only 174 plays which seller things is the original count based on where he bought it from the original owner. The lane and Shire areas look brand new. LoTR & Hobbit looks so good together. So excited to be in the club!
Cheers,
Mike
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Now you have to add some tasteful LOTR figures to the playfield.

#6594 3 years ago
Quoted from BigMorty:

I just join the adventure today... FINALLY!!! Have been waiting to find a HUO LoTR LE in perfect shape and finally did! Audits say only 174 plays which seller things is the original count based on where he bought it from the original owner. The lane and Shire areas look brand new. LoTR & Hobbit looks so good together. So excited to be in the club!
Cheers,
Mike
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congratz and welcome!
Those pins look great together

#6595 3 years ago

DeathHimself - I was thinking of adding a few, but I do like how clean the look is!

RobDutch - Thanks, I really like both of them!

Also, I just ordered cliffy's to keep this is perfect shape, how do I protect the Arwen plastic, I can't find anyone selling a protector?

Thanks,
Mike

#6596 3 years ago
Quoted from BigMorty:

deathhimself - I was thinking of adding a few, but I do like how clean the look is!
robdutch - Thanks, I really like both of them!
Also, I just ordered cliffy's to keep this is perfect shape, how do I protect the Arwen plastic, I can't find anyone selling a protector?
Thanks,
Mike

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-resurrection-of-the-improved-arwen-plastic-protector/page/2#post-3255353

reach out to him here on pinside.

#6597 3 years ago

Thanks DeathHimself I just PM'd him.

Mike

#6600 3 years ago

Awesome @creopinball, I just placed an order for them!

Thanks,
Mike

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
Plastics
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
Boards
PinSound
Boards
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 79.95
Pinball Life
Armor and blades
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,135 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-lord-of-the-rings-journey-begins-members-club/page/132?hl=nogoodnames222 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.