IMG_7027 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7019 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4036 (resized).jpg
IMG_4034 (resized).jpg
IMG_3077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240331_163644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,197 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 204.
#6501 3 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Page 5 of the Manual, CPU dipswitch setting

Thanks a lot

#6502 3 years ago

Quick question on rules... Say I fail DTR, and then I get everything completed (7 gifts, TABA, and all 3 MBs) and then start DTR again... Will beating it send me into Valinor or do I have to defeat DTR before starting the DTR prior to Valinor?

Also, how many shots to the left orbit (forget the name of the hole it goes to in the top right) do you need to get the second MB?

Thanks!

#6503 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Quick question on rules... Say I fail DTR, and then I get everything completed (7 gifts, TABA, and all 3 MBs) and then start DTR again... Will beating it send me into Valinor or do I have to defeat DTR before starting the DTR prior to Valinor?
Also, how many shots to the left orbit (forget the name of the hole it goes to in the top right) do you need to get the second MB?
Thanks!

Its not a number of shots up the left orbit that triggers the multi ball, you have to collect 5000 souls. You can get there by left orbit, skill shot on plunge, and from the right orbit and center shot during war of the ents.

I haven't sniffed valinor so cant help you there.

#6504 3 years ago

Thanks!

If you mean you failed DTR after completing everything else you would need to get back to DTR by restarting the 3 mbs(but not finish) and then restart DTR ,if you complete that DTR then you will be at valinor

So rereading your first question which is a 2 parter my answer is yes,no

Regarding your second question do you mean second EB from tower shots? I think it is 47?

#6505 3 years ago

Is there an ending animation for TABA? I beat it for the first time.a few days ago and was a little surprised to not see any sort of completion animation. I went straight from my last TABA shot into ROTK mb, so I'm not sure if that cutoff some sort of animation (guessing not, but curious)

#6506 3 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

Is there an ending animation for TABA? I beat it for the first time.a few days ago and was a little surprised to not see any sort of completion animation. I went straight from my last TABA shot into ROTK mb, so I'm not sure if that cutoff some sort of animation (guessing not, but curious)

No special ending animation...just points. A bit disappointing.

#6507 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

If you mean you failed DTR after completing everything else you would need to get back to DTR by restarting the 3 mbs(but not finish) and then restart DTR ,if you complete that DTR then you will be at valinor
So rereading your first question which is a 2 parter my answer is yes,no
Regarding your second question do you mean second EB from tower shots? I think it is 47?

Yes, tower shots is what I meant. Crap, I was at like 40.

As for DTR, I failed the first attempt, but then completed everything, and started DTR (and failed).

But had I finished DTR then, I would have been at Valinor?

#6508 3 years ago

As for DTR, I failed the first attempt, but then completed everything, and started DTR (and failed).

The last thing that you have to do before you can reach Valinor is DTR.

#6509 3 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

The last thing that you have to do before you can reach Valinor is DTR.

Shit, I was close then!!!

I've been one shot to the ring away from Valinor, but that time, I had DTR completed earlier in the game.

Now that I know this, it doesn't put so much pressure on me having to complete DTR prior to starting it after I get all other requirements.

2 years I've owned this game, and still in my opinion, the best game ever made!

#6510 3 years ago

You only need to complete DTR at the end after meeting all the other requirements to get to valinor

Completing it earlier just gets you an elf gift

If you get everything else done completing DTR is pretty stressful !!

#6511 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

You only need to complete DTR at the end after meeting all the other requirements to get to valinor
Completing it earlier just gets you an elf gift
If you get everything else done completing DTR is pretty stressful !!

This is true but if you don’t DTR earlier it means you’ve lost ball. To beat this game, you need balls! Figuratively and literally! LOL

#6512 3 years ago

Just to make sure you are clear, you have to complete the 3 movie multiballs. Getting to the multiballs is the easy part. Finishing ROTK multiball is the hardest part.

#6513 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Just to make sure you are clear, you have to complete the 3 movie multiballs. Getting to the multiballs is the easy part. Finishing ROTK multiball is the hardest part.

Yes, I finished all 3 of them. ROTK is a tough mofo to complete. I think it's done it like 5 times since I've owned the game.

Well, still no Valinor, but not upset about that at all. I almost don't want to get it because it might take away some of that excitement about getting there.

#6514 3 years ago

Anyone need an awesome palantir mod by the amazing AUKraut ? I got rid on my lotr but took the palantir out.

Not to undercut so I’m thinking like $150 including shipping? PM me

#6515 3 years ago

Look what came in the mail today... Beauties from PL, great work by Xianek, that may be the most beautiful BG I have ever seen.

20201013_213924 (resized).jpg20201013_213924 (resized).jpg
20201013_213937 (resized).jpg20201013_213937 (resized).jpg

#6516 3 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

Look what came in the mail today... Beauties from PL, great work by Xianek, that may be the most beautiful BG I have ever seen.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Wow...those look amazing

#6517 3 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

look nice, I like the bottom one a little more.

what does someone do with 3 backglasses ?

#6518 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

look nice, I like the bottom one a little more.

what does someone do with 3 backglasses ?

The bottom one is a translite, top 2 are the BG. I am not sure which one I would like more so I ordered them all, most likely will sale the ones I am not keeping.

#6519 3 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

What is PL? It's not Pinball Life (I just checked). Interested in learning more about obtaining said beauties for myself.

#6520 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

What is PL? It's not Pinball Life (I just checked). Interested in learning more about obtaining said beauties for myself.

Oh yeah, Poland

#6521 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Finally straightened out that leaning heroine addict Saruman, he is upright on his feet once again and added a mini map of Middle Earth which isn’t quite finished yet.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Love the map....anyone make these?

#6522 3 years ago

For some reason, this switch doesn't register during gameplay. This has never been an issue before. During switch tests it works fine. It's like the ball doesn't raise the gate enough to trigger the switch anymore. Any ideas on how to physically bend something to trigger the switch again? Or is there something else that should be done? I rarely fix my games and don't want to bend/break something if it's not the smart thing to do.

20201016_174049 (resized).jpg20201016_174049 (resized).jpg
#6523 3 years ago

Added more mods to my LOTR!

VIDEO:

IMG_20201017_151009 (resized).jpgIMG_20201017_151009 (resized).jpgIMG_20201017_151026 (resized).jpgIMG_20201017_151026 (resized).jpgIMG_20201017_151051 (resized).jpgIMG_20201017_151051 (resized).jpgIMG_20201017_151127 (resized).jpgIMG_20201017_151127 (resized).jpgIMG_20201017_160639 (resized).jpgIMG_20201017_160639 (resized).jpgIMG_20201017_160644 (resized).jpgIMG_20201017_160644 (resized).jpgIMG_20201017_160654 (resized).jpgIMG_20201017_160654 (resized).jpgIMG_20201017_160713 (resized).jpgIMG_20201017_160713 (resized).jpg

#6524 3 years ago
Quoted from DystopicPinball:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I haven't seen that skull pillar before...where did you find it?

#6525 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

I haven't seen that skull pillar before...where did you find it?

Self made and 3D printed with clear resin.
Added inside a rgb slow fade led by Comet Pinball

WhatsApp Image 2020-10-17 at 16.39.07 (resized).jpegWhatsApp Image 2020-10-17 at 16.39.07 (resized).jpeg

#6526 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Looks great. Are you going to sell them or would you be willing to share the stl?

#6527 3 years ago

VIDEO:
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great!

#6528 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Wow, yeah, nice job with those 'path of the dead' mods. They look great.

#6529 3 years ago

I have a brand new plastic set that I’d be willing to part out if I get enough interest, the only piece missing is the left slingshot and the forest/arwin plastic. Pm me if you need any plastics and I’ll sell them for 14$ each or 2 for $25 shipped. The longer ones that won’t fit in envelopes will be charged actual shipping.it beats buying a $300 set. Pm me

#6530 3 years ago

So far -20,-38,-43 are spoken for

#6531 3 years ago
Quoted from Only68s:

Pm me if you need any plastics

pm sent for # "-20" Here is a diagram of each which should help:

lotr plastics (resized).jpglotr plastics (resized).jpg
#6532 3 years ago

Here are the plastics that are spoken for:

-38 , -43 , -15, -20, -40, -26, -35

everything else is still available. PM me

#6533 3 years ago
Quoted from Only68s:

Here are the plastics that are spoken for:
-38 , -43 , -15, -20, -40, -26, -35
everything else is still available. PM me

30, 51, 41 and 14 are probably the others that are prone to breakage.

15 and 23 are prone to melting if the flasher locks on because of a transistor short happening.

#6534 3 years ago
Quoted from Only68s:

I have a brand new plastic set that I’d be willing to part out if I get enough interest, the only piece missing is the left slingshot and the forest/arwin plastic. Pm me if you need any plastics and I’ll sell them for 14$ each or 2 for $25 shipped. The longer ones that won’t fit in envelopes will be charged actual shipping.it beats buying a $300 set. Pm me

PM sent

#6535 3 years ago

ok I think I have enough sold to commit to breaking up the set. I will be sending out the total for each person this evening. Im going to be mailing these plastics wrapped in shrink wrap and folded in paper in an envelope.

Here is where we are right now:

-38 , -43 , -15, -20, -40, -26, -35, -22, -36, -37, -51, -08

Everything else is still available

#6536 3 years ago
305874D1-77DA-4A2A-8834-3BB9CA738C30 (resized).jpeg305874D1-77DA-4A2A-8834-3BB9CA738C30 (resized).jpeg
#6537 3 years ago

Finally broke 100 million the other day, starting to consistently destroy the ring and get to TABA. First game I've owned and I dont think it will ever leave.

#6538 3 years ago
Quoted from attyrhodes:

Finally broke 100 million the other day, starting to consistently destroy the ring and get to TABA. First game I've owned and I dont think it will ever leave.

Greatest game of all time!

#6539 3 years ago

I recently acquired the "Ramp Trap Fix" plastics, and am looking to install it, but the holes don't match up with my machine in an obvious way. Has anyone installed this, and could you point me in the right direction?

Thank you!

Description:
Two commonly broken plastics found in front of the Ring at the back of your playfield. Together they create a ball trap which diverts the ball into the pop bumpers.

Link:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-5021-81

#6540 3 years ago
Quoted from HughesDForce:

I recently acquired the "Ramp Trap Fix" plastics, and am looking to install it, but the holes don't match up with my machine in an obvious way. Has anyone installed this, and could you point me in the right direction?
Thank you!
Description:
Two commonly broken plastics found in front of the Ring at the back of your playfield. Together they create a ball trap which diverts the ball into the pop bumpers.
Link:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-5021-81

The larger piece is turned sideways and the smaller piece mounts on top of that, with the pointy end facing down. Here is a pic.

2008_0217lotr0009_2278951745_o (resized).jpg2008_0217lotr0009_2278951745_o (resized).jpg
#6541 3 years ago

Hi, to install a shaker on an original LOTR what do you guys advice? Going the original update way ( can be found in pinballlife as the Lord of the Rings Complete Shaker Kit ) or the pinsound approach ( ? Do both shake at the same moment ? )

#6542 3 years ago
Quoted from etien:

Hi, to install a shaker on an original LOTR what do you guys advice? Going the original update way ( can be found in pinballlife as the Lord of the Rings Complete Shaker Kit ) or the pinsound approach ( ? Do both shake at the same moment ? )

Check out the pinshaker option, it’s nice. Have it on my tspp.

#6543 3 years ago
Quoted from etien:

If you have a pinsound already, no question that is the best approach. I love making custom shaker routines in this machine.

#6544 3 years ago

Thanks for both answers. Even though not a clear winner emerged

#6545 3 years ago

By default, when are EBs given out in the tower shot? I know you get one at 7 hits, but when do you get the second EB?

#6546 3 years ago

Figured it out... 47!

I had the best game ever this afternoon. Did everything required expect one last level on ROTK, all on ball one (2 EBs used).

Had to put the game on pause because family came over, but I'm about to jump back in and I'm hoping not to completely shit the bed.

I now am circling around for the third time, starting all the MBs again, and hoping this time I can keep my nerves in check and get Valinor!

#6548 3 years ago

Happens to me every time I break a game up with a time out. Sorry bro

#6549 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Happens to me every time I break a game up with a time out. Sorry bro

All good... We're fortunate to have these games so we can try again and again.

Part of me feels like it's more special if I don't beat it, or I've convinced myself and of that until I do

I missed one very last shot to finish ROTK and it would have been time for DTR and possibly Valinor.

I've been closer, so maybe just wasn't the day for me. Felt like it for a minute

#6550 3 years ago

My Lord of the rings pinball project is finaly finished

13 (resized).jpg13 (resized).jpg14 (resized).jpg14 (resized).jpg16 (resized).jpg16 (resized).jpg17 (resized).jpg17 (resized).jpg18 (resized).jpg18 (resized).jpg18 (resized).jpg18 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201014-172947_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201014-172947_Gallery (resized).jpgTopper (resized).jpgTopper (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 25.00
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,197 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 204.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-lord-of-the-rings-journey-begins-members-club/page/131?hl=etien and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.