New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 112137)

The Lord of the Rings LOTR Journey begins here members club

By skywalker

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6,528 posts
  • 542 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Reznnate
  • Topic is favorited by 279 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,463 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

WhatsApp Image 2020-10-17 at 16.39.07 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20201017_160713 (resized).jpg
IMG_20201017_160654 (resized).jpg
IMG_20201017_160644 (resized).jpg
IMG_20201017_160639 (resized).jpg
IMG_20201017_151127 (resized).jpg
IMG_20201017_151051 (resized).jpg
IMG_20201017_151026 (resized).jpg
IMG_20201017_151009 (resized).jpg
20201016_174049 (resized).jpg
20201013_213937 (resized).jpg
20201013_213924 (resized).jpg
11C4ADEC-0918-41C2-A9E6-B437B57594C8 (resized).jpeg
65F52A38-852D-420D-82DB-66F4B5F27436 (resized).jpeg
FC6D22FF-3DAA-4B49-A0A1-110FFDDECC77 (resized).jpeg
054FD605-30CA-4318-AE8A-20179AC530DA (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6528 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 131.
#6501 8 days ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Page 5 of the Manual, CPU dipswitch setting

Thanks a lot

#6502 7 days ago

Quick question on rules... Say I fail DTR, and then I get everything completed (7 gifts, TABA, and all 3 MBs) and then start DTR again... Will beating it send me into Valinor or do I have to defeat DTR before starting the DTR prior to Valinor?

Also, how many shots to the left orbit (forget the name of the hole it goes to in the top right) do you need to get the second MB?

Thanks!

#6503 7 days ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Quick question on rules... Say I fail DTR, and then I get everything completed (7 gifts, TABA, and all 3 MBs) and then start DTR again... Will beating it send me into Valinor or do I have to defeat DTR before starting the DTR prior to Valinor?
Also, how many shots to the left orbit (forget the name of the hole it goes to in the top right) do you need to get the second MB?
Thanks!

Its not a number of shots up the left orbit that triggers the multi ball, you have to collect 5000 souls. You can get there by left orbit, skill shot on plunge, and from the right orbit and center shot during war of the ents.

I haven't sniffed valinor so cant help you there.

#6504 7 days ago

Thanks!

If you mean you failed DTR after completing everything else you would need to get back to DTR by restarting the 3 mbs(but not finish) and then restart DTR ,if you complete that DTR then you will be at valinor

So rereading your first question which is a 2 parter my answer is yes,no

Regarding your second question do you mean second EB from tower shots? I think it is 47?

#6505 7 days ago

Is there an ending animation for TABA? I beat it for the first time.a few days ago and was a little surprised to not see any sort of completion animation. I went straight from my last TABA shot into ROTK mb, so I'm not sure if that cutoff some sort of animation (guessing not, but curious)

#6506 7 days ago
Quoted from red-line:

Is there an ending animation for TABA? I beat it for the first time.a few days ago and was a little surprised to not see any sort of completion animation. I went straight from my last TABA shot into ROTK mb, so I'm not sure if that cutoff some sort of animation (guessing not, but curious)

No special ending animation...just points. A bit disappointing.

#6507 6 days ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

If you mean you failed DTR after completing everything else you would need to get back to DTR by restarting the 3 mbs(but not finish) and then restart DTR ,if you complete that DTR then you will be at valinor
So rereading your first question which is a 2 parter my answer is yes,no
Regarding your second question do you mean second EB from tower shots? I think it is 47?

Yes, tower shots is what I meant. Crap, I was at like 40.

As for DTR, I failed the first attempt, but then completed everything, and started DTR (and failed).

But had I finished DTR then, I would have been at Valinor?

#6508 6 days ago

As for DTR, I failed the first attempt, but then completed everything, and started DTR (and failed).

The last thing that you have to do before you can reach Valinor is DTR.

#6509 6 days ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

The last thing that you have to do before you can reach Valinor is DTR.

Shit, I was close then!!!

I've been one shot to the ring away from Valinor, but that time, I had DTR completed earlier in the game.

Now that I know this, it doesn't put so much pressure on me having to complete DTR prior to starting it after I get all other requirements.

2 years I've owned this game, and still in my opinion, the best game ever made!

#6510 6 days ago

You only need to complete DTR at the end after meeting all the other requirements to get to valinor

Completing it earlier just gets you an elf gift

If you get everything else done completing DTR is pretty stressful !!

#6511 6 days ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

You only need to complete DTR at the end after meeting all the other requirements to get to valinor
Completing it earlier just gets you an elf gift
If you get everything else done completing DTR is pretty stressful !!

This is true but if you don’t DTR earlier it means you’ve lost ball. To beat this game, you need balls! Figuratively and literally! LOL

#6512 6 days ago

Just to make sure you are clear, you have to complete the 3 movie multiballs. Getting to the multiballs is the easy part. Finishing ROTK multiball is the hardest part.

#6513 6 days ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Just to make sure you are clear, you have to complete the 3 movie multiballs. Getting to the multiballs is the easy part. Finishing ROTK multiball is the hardest part.

Yes, I finished all 3 of them. ROTK is a tough mofo to complete. I think it's done it like 5 times since I've owned the game.

Well, still no Valinor, but not upset about that at all. I almost don't want to get it because it might take away some of that excitement about getting there.

#6514 6 days ago

Anyone need an awesome palantir mod by the amazing aukraut ? I got rid on my lotr but took the palantir out.

Not to undercut so I’m thinking like $150 including shipping? PM me

#6515 6 days ago

Look what came in the mail today... Beauties from PL, great work by Xianek, that may be the most beautiful BG I have ever seen.

20201013_213924 (resized).jpg
20201013_213937 (resized).jpg

#6516 6 days ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

Look what came in the mail today... Beauties from PL, great work by Xianek, that may be the most beautiful BG I have ever seen.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Wow...those look amazing

#6517 6 days ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

look nice, I like the bottom one a little more.

what does someone do with 3 backglasses ?

#6518 5 days ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

look nice, I like the bottom one a little more.

what does someone do with 3 backglasses ?

The bottom one is a translite, top 2 are the BG. I am not sure which one I would like more so I ordered them all, most likely will sale the ones I am not keeping.

#6519 5 days ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

What is PL? It's not Pinball Life (I just checked). Interested in learning more about obtaining said beauties for myself.

#6520 5 days ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

What is PL? It's not Pinball Life (I just checked). Interested in learning more about obtaining said beauties for myself.

Oh yeah, Poland

#6521 4 days ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Finally straightened out that leaning heroine addict Saruman, he is upright on his feet once again and added a mini map of Middle Earth which isn’t quite finished yet.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Love the map....anyone make these?

#6522 3 days ago

For some reason, this switch doesn't register during gameplay. This has never been an issue before. During switch tests it works fine. It's like the ball doesn't raise the gate enough to trigger the switch anymore. Any ideas on how to physically bend something to trigger the switch again? Or is there something else that should be done? I rarely fix my games and don't want to bend/break something if it's not the smart thing to do.

20201016_174049 (resized).jpg
#6523 3 days ago

Added more mods to my LOTR!

VIDEO:

IMG_20201017_151009 (resized).jpgIMG_20201017_151026 (resized).jpgIMG_20201017_151051 (resized).jpgIMG_20201017_151127 (resized).jpgIMG_20201017_160639 (resized).jpgIMG_20201017_160644 (resized).jpgIMG_20201017_160654 (resized).jpgIMG_20201017_160713 (resized).jpg

#6524 3 days ago
Quoted from CreoPinball:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I haven't seen that skull pillar before...where did you find it?

#6525 3 days ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

I haven't seen that skull pillar before...where did you find it?

Self made and 3D printed with clear resin.
Added inside a rgb slow fade led by Comet Pinball

WhatsApp Image 2020-10-17 at 16.39.07 (resized).jpeg

#6526 2 days ago
Quoted from CreoPinball:

[quoted image]

Looks great. Are you going to sell them or would you be willing to share the stl?

#6527 2 days ago
Quoted from CreoPinball:

VIDEO:
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great!

#6528 2 days ago
Quoted from CreoPinball:

[quoted image]

Wow, yeah, nice job with those 'path of the dead' mods. They look great.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
There are 6528 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 131.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside