IMG_7027 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7019 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4036 (resized).jpg
IMG_4034 (resized).jpg
IMG_3077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240331_163644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,198 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 204.
#6451 3 years ago

SOLD ————————-I’m selling the pinball refinery army of the dead mod. I bought it from another Pinside and never got around. To installing it. Here is the link to the original site.

https://mipinballrefinery.com/store-to-order-upgrades#!/Complete-LOTR-Pinball-PoTD-modification/p/20527694/category=4730921

Asking 200 shipped for it

#6452 3 years ago

Hello got Lotr not too long ago and I’m new to fixing things. I noticed that the flashers never turn on. I looked at the fuses and it looks like f22 is blown? I went to pinball life to try to get some fuses but I don’t know which one to get. Is there a link of some fuses that I should get to replace f22 and others if they break in future? Thanks

1D56907E-D519-4AF9-AE33-6B75332EF3C5 (resized).jpeg1D56907E-D519-4AF9-AE33-6B75332EF3C5 (resized).jpeg
#6453 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Hello got Lotr not too long ago and I’m new to fixing things. I noticed that the flashers never turn on. I looked at the fuses and it looks like f22 is blown? I went to pinball life to try to get some fuses but I don’t know which one to get. Is there a link of some fuses that I should get to replace f22 and others if they break in future? Thanks
[quoted image]

3BFFAFA1-D1D5-4723-A4EF-FE95F5190672 (resized).jpeg3BFFAFA1-D1D5-4723-A4EF-FE95F5190672 (resized).jpeg
#6454 3 years ago

When you order, get yourself some 3 amp, 4 amp, 5 amp, and 8 amp slow blow fuses to have handy as you need them when something happens.

#6455 3 years ago

Also, get an inexpensive meter. Looking at a fuse is not how to judge if it is blown.

LED 202 comes after F22. If that LED is lit, that fuse is fine.

How about LED 200? That one appears to be for flashers. (looking at page 5of5 of the I/O Power Driver Board Schematic where those fuses and LEDs are located)

#6456 3 years ago

I picked up a routed LotR last week. It's pretty dirty but the playfield is in decent shape given how much grime is on it. I started tearing it down to deep clean and noted some missing/destroyed plastics. I'm wondering if anyone has the following plastics they'd be willing to sell (don't worry its not Arwen or the shire VUK )

06 - back left orbit under the PotD
19 - left sling
37 - behind the ring ramp/under clear ball trap plastic
51 - between the ring ramp and pops behind the palentir

#6457 3 years ago

About to order ROMS from Matt's Arcade but want to make sure I understand everything correctly. I need the 10.2 CPU ROM to run a shaker motor along with a PAL chip, and 10.0 display ROM. If I install the 10.2 CPU without the PAL will the machine run? It appears that Matt doesn't sell the PAL chips, does anyone know a reliable source for these?

#6458 3 years ago
Quoted from attyrhodes:

About to order ROMS from Matt's Arcade but want to make sure I understand everything correctly. I need the 10.2 CPU ROM to run a shaker motor along with a PAL chip, and 10.0 display ROM. If I install the 10.2 CPU without the PAL will the machine run? It appears that Matt doesn't sell the PAL chips, does anyone know a reliable source for these?

Ok just to make sure you are clear lol

LOTR Ver 10 and 10.02 is the same CPU code with the exception of the shaker motor routines. So yes get the CPU ver 10.02

Display is version 10.0 for either of the two CPU versions mentioned above.

PAL chip is required for the shaker motor to work, this is the chip at U213 if I recall correctly. However CPU version 10.02 will run just fine in the game without changing the PAL chip, just that a shaker if installed won't activate it's routines until the PAL chip is replaced.

lotr chip (resized).jpglotr chip (resized).jpg
#6459 3 years ago

About to order ROMS from Matt's Arcade but want to make sure I understand everything correctly. I need the 10.2 CPU ROM to run a shaker motor along with a PAL chip, and 10.0 display ROM. If I install the 10.2 CPU without the PAL will the machine run? It appears that Matt doesn't sell the PAL chips, does anyone know a reliable source for these?</blockquote

if I remember matts' does have the PAL chip as well.

Lord Of The Rings (LOTR) (LOTR: LE) Pinball (Stern) – ROM Upgrade chip set

$9.99 – $49.99

This listing is for a set of Roms to upgrade your Lord Of The Rings pinball machine to the latest software version.
MFR Part#’s:
LOTR CPU ROM U210 965-0402-80
LOTR DISPLAY ROM U5 965-0407-80
LOTR SOUND ROM U7 965-0401-80
LOTR SOUND ROM U17 965-0403-80
LOTR SOUND ROM U21 965-0404-80LOTR SOUND ROM U36 1.0 965-0405-80
LOTR SOUND ROM U37 1.0 965-0406-80
STERN BOOTFLASH OS8 965-0200-08
STERN GOLD DOT PAL (LE CONVERSION) 965-5023-00

#6460 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

LOTR Ver 10 and 10.02 is the same CPU code with the exception of the shaker motor routines. So yes get the CPU ver 10.02
PAL chip is required for the shaker motor to work, this is the chip at U213 if I recall correctly. However CPU version 10.02 will run just fine in the game without changing the PAL chip, just that a shaker if installed won't activate it's routines until the PAL chip is replaced.[quoted image]

Thanks man

#6461 3 years ago

Dont know what happened to my post above but matt's arcade does have the PAL chip

Lord Of The Rings (LOTR) (LOTR: LE) Pinball (Stern) – ROM Upgrade chip set

$9.99 – $49.99

This listing is for a set of Roms to upgrade your Lord Of The Rings pinball machine to the latest software version.
MFR Part#’s:
LOTR CPU ROM U210 965-0402-80
LOTR DISPLAY ROM U5 965-0407-80
LOTR SOUND ROM U7 965-0401-80
LOTR SOUND ROM U17 965-0403-80
LOTR SOUND ROM U21 965-0404-80LOTR SOUND ROM U36 1.0 965-0405-80
LOTR SOUND ROM U37 1.0 965-0406-80
STERN BOOTFLASH OS8 965-0200-08
STERN GOLD DOT PAL (LE CONVERSION) 965-5023-00

#6462 3 years ago

PAL chip is required for the shaker motor to work, this is the chip at U213 if I recall correctly. However CPU version 10.02 will run just fine in the game without changing the PAL chip, just that a shaker if installed won't activate it's routines until the PAL chip is replaced.[quoted image]

Can the LOTR LE have da Display language in Italian?

#6463 3 years ago

Hi all, i want to share with you the new mod i made for my LOTR: Minas Tirith fortress.
3D printed in transparent resin, supports made in black pla+: inside a white led (connected to Aragorn led insert) make the fortress glow.
Very cool visual effect. I also 3d printed supports to relocate the Nazgul and the orcs.
Very easy installation, now available on my shop if someone interested.
Check the video.
thanks!

3off.jpg3off.jpg3on.jpg3on.jpgpanoramica.jpgpanoramica.jpgsupporti2.jpgsupporti2.jpg
#6464 3 years ago
Quoted from DystopicPinball:

Can the LOTR LE have da Display language in Italian?

I'm not 1000% sure but I believe the language is in the Display ROM not the CPU Rom. Display ROM 10.0 is required for CPU ROM 10.02 and Display ROM 10.0 comes in all languages so by this logic I would think yes the 10.02 CPU should work in Italian with the 10.0 Display Rom for Italian.

#6465 3 years ago

Hi all, i want to share with you the new mod i made for my LOTR: Minas Tirith fortress.
3D printed in transparent resin, supports made in black pla+: inside a white led (connected to Aragorn led insert) make the fortress glow.
Very cool visual effect. I also 3d printed supports to relocate the Nazgul and the orcs.
Very easy installation, now available on my shop if someone interested.
Check the video.
thanks!

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Pretty snazzy looking sculpt. Is there any reason why that big black shelf underneath can't be trimmed back some? Maybe to mirror the shape of the bottom of the MT sculpt (at least in the front and the right side)?

Also the video helps remind me of why I have incandescent bulbs in my LOTR

#6466 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Pretty snazzy looking sculpt. Is there any reason why that big black shelf underneath can't be trimmed back some? Maybe to mirror the shape of the bottom of the MT sculpt (at least in the front and the right side)?
Also the video helps remind me of why I have incandescent bulbs in my LOTR

Hi, the black shelf is a replica of the original one (transparent). It's required with that shape, to hold fast incoming balls

#6467 3 years ago

Hi, the black shelf is a replica of the original one (transparent). It's required with that shape, to hold fast incoming balls

Gotcha. Just really stands out with it being black. Did you look at clear at all? Maybe a piece of PETG instead of printed. Is the base and MT printed as one piece?

#6468 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Gotcha. Just really stands out with it being black. Did you look at clear at all? Maybe a piece of PETG instead of printed. Is the base and MT printed as one piece?

If the base is transparent, look like the fortress is levitating (really bad to see).
Im planning to create a vynil sticker (meadow theme) to cover the black area.

#6469 3 years ago

These 3 light bulbs do not work. I’m assuming they are flashers? I used a multimeter in all the fuses and they appear to be fine. It seems the bottom 2 bulbs are LED and makes me think the bulb is okay. When I do flasher test as seen on the screen, nothing lights up. Any recommendations? TIA

054FD605-30CA-4318-AE8A-20179AC530DA (resized).jpeg054FD605-30CA-4318-AE8A-20179AC530DA (resized).jpeg
#6470 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

These 3 light bulbs do not work. I’m assuming they are flashers? I used a multimeter in all the fuses and they appear to be fine. It seems the bottom 2 bulbs are LED and makes me think the bulb is okay. When I do flasher test as seen on the screen, nothing lights up. Any recommendations? TIA
[quoted image]

If you are doing the flasher test with the coin door open, be sure to pull out the high power cutoff switch that the door normally meets when its closed otherwise power to those flashers and coils are cut off.

#6471 3 years ago

If you are doing the flasher test with the coin door open, be sure to pull out the high power cutoff switch that the door normally meets when its closed otherwise power to those flashers and coils are cut off.

Thank you that worked. I was able to test them

#6472 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

[quoted image]

Your machine looks awesome what is your lighting setup?

#6473 3 years ago
Quoted from attyrhodes:

Your machine looks awesome what is your lighting setup?

He has Pinstadiums installed with UV lighting.

#6474 3 years ago

So...I bought some path of the dead figures for cheap locally. Am I out of luck with mounting hardware and a light kit?

#6475 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

So...I bought some path of the dead figures for cheap locally. Am I out of luck with mounting hardware and a light kit?

Piecemeal the parts. The POTD plexi glass can still be purchased, go to your favorite pinball supplier and buy the posts (green looks cool) with screws and rubbers, finally there a million options for the LEDs all over ebay. You can connect them to the POTD insert lights on the back panel or the GI lights which ever you like. IMHO for my liking I went to the GI's.

#6477 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

You can fairly easily build your own with a small plastic sheet from the hardware store. Just disassemble your POTD pf and use it as a template to cut/drill your sheet. Buy some longer screws and spacers and you're good to go. That's the way I did it and I think I spent less than $10.

#6478 3 years ago

So I was installing a lighted staff for Gandalf and noticed a black stick in corner of playfield. I looked online and noticed that people have the same thing but nothing attached to it. Is something suppose to be there? Thanks. Pic of stick and my Gandalf mod

11C4ADEC-0918-41C2-A9E6-B437B57594C8 (resized).jpeg11C4ADEC-0918-41C2-A9E6-B437B57594C8 (resized).jpeg65F52A38-852D-420D-82DB-66F4B5F27436 (resized).jpeg65F52A38-852D-420D-82DB-66F4B5F27436 (resized).jpegFC6D22FF-3DAA-4B49-A0A1-110FFDDECC77 (resized).jpegFC6D22FF-3DAA-4B49-A0A1-110FFDDECC77 (resized).jpeg
#6479 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

So I was installing a lighted staff for Gandalf and noticed a black stick in corner of playfield. I looked online and noticed that people have the same thing but nothing attached to it. Is something suppose to be there? Thanks. Pic of stick and my Gandalf mod
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-lord-of-the-rings-journey-begins-members-club/page/124#post-5688161

#6480 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's the general answer for any random looking post on any pinball machine that seems to serve no purpose whatsoever... ball trap stop.

#6481 3 years ago

I finally got around to putting a PinSound Plus board into my LOTR. There are 4 mixes. There is a really nice mix with strings or violins or such.

I have been working on adding the Pinnnovators subwoofer connection kits to all my games. I just added the Multi system one for LOTR and a subwoofer and it sounds nice.

Rather than the $100-$129 Polk Subwoofer, I found a $30 Yamaha subwoofer at a thrift shop and gave it a try. It sounds good. So hopefully saved some money.

I haven't had a chance to play many games with the subwoofer but really enjoying the new mixes.

#6482 3 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

I finally got around to putting a PinSound Plus board into my LOTR. There are 4 mixes. There is a really nice mix with strings or violins or such.
I have been working on adding the Pinnnovators subwoofer connection kits to all my games. I just added the Multi system one for LOTR and a subwoofer and it sounds nice.
Rather than the $100-$129 Polk Subwoofer, I found a $30 Yamaha subwoofer at a thrift shop and gave it a try. It sounds good. So hopefully saved some money.
I haven't ad a chance to play many games with the subwoofer but really enjoying the new mixes.

Honestly especially if you're a fan of the movies, the Pinsound board with the alternate sound tracks is probably the best single mod for the game.

#6483 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Honestly especially if you're a fan of the movies, the Pinsound board with the alternate sound tracks is probably the best single mod for the game.

Agree, actually for several games it is really good in. Doing a CFTBL package now that I finished my LOTR package.

#6484 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

which sound track is your favorite?

#6485 3 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

I haven't had a chance to play many games with the subwoofer but really enjoying the new mixes.

which mix is your favorite?

#6486 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

which sound track is your favorite?

Hawknol is the one I'm currently using. The Wool is nice but I like the tweaks and additions in the Hawk version. I've only used those two and the ost though.

#6487 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

which mix is your favorite?

I loaded four on the usb drive. I am not sure of the name of the one I like. Is there a way to find out which one I am currently listening to? Or a way to listen on the pc so I know?

(I could only place one at a time on the usb but that would take a lot of time.)

#6488 3 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

I loaded four on the usb drive. I am not sure of the name of the one I like. Is there a way to find out which one I am currently listening to? Or a way to listen on the pc so I know?
(I could only place one at a time on the usb but that would take a lot of time.)

Do you still recommend upgrading to pinsound? We’re you just sick of stock sounds?

#6489 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Do you still recommend upgrading to pinsound? We’re you just sick of stock sounds?

I really like my pinsound on LOTR. LOTR movie music is fantastic so I greatly recommend switching. Unfortunately, like mbelofsky I also forget the name of the one I like best. Doesn't matter...you just pick the one that you like best anyway.

#6490 3 years ago

delete

#6491 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Definitely, probably the best mod you can do this machine. In addition to all the other great mods of course

#6492 3 years ago
Quoted from MrSmiley:

Thanks! I have the feeling art blades make the pin look much more narrow like a shoe box. That's why i prefer mirror blades.

I read some old posts about mirror blades. I am shopping a friends LOTR and I want to add them to brighten the game up. I have a set of stern regular mirror blades...Do most people install gold? It looks like a very snug fit and Ill worry they ill get scratched up when he raises the pf.

#6493 3 years ago

So my Ring has been randomly registering the last day or so. Random mode start or it registers the Ring when trying to finish DTR randomly. What should I look for?

#6494 3 years ago
Quoted from Antron77:

So my Ring has been randomly registering the last day or so. Random mode start or it registers the Ring when trying to finish DTR randomly. What should I look for?

I think it's gotta be an opto issue, I'd start with cleaning them and reseating all the connections, checking alignment. After ruling the easy stuff out order up some replacements, shouldn't cost much and not bad to get to them. I believe the part numbers have changed recently so I'm not confident on what you'll need (hopefully someone else chimes in).

#6495 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I read some old posts about mirror blades. I am shopping a friends LOTR and I want to add them to brighten the game up. I have a set of stern regular mirror blades...Do most people install gold? It looks like a very snug fit and Ill worry they ill get scratched up when he raises the pf.

Mine had the regular mirror blades in when I got it. They fit OK. Just be careful lifting the playfield when needed.

#6496 3 years ago
Quoted from Antron77:

One thing to keep in mind... a flaky Balrog switch/wire will also cause odd issues. (I would hit the start button and Frodo would register and a mode would start when the ball kicked in to the shooter lane, I suppose from the Balrog moving when starting)

#6497 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I read some old posts about mirror blades.

Protectors are available for servicing.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-owe-an-apology-pinblades-mirror-blades-etc

#6498 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

I never thought I would really care about sound (except for when it is not there). I still enjoy the mix I am listening to. Although the music was always great on this game, Pinsound really brings it to another level.

I can hear the difference with the subwoofer. It sounds really nice but I cannot say it sounds fantastic. (I think the best game I have that integrates with the subwoofer well is Stern Star Trek LE. Star Wars Premium is comes in second.)

#6499 3 years ago

Hi, just joined the club and like it so far.
This is my first stern pinball so I am going to ask a totally noob question:
How to I switch the game display from French to English. It’s obvious on a Williams/bally or a jjp, but I have been through all the menus and couldn’t find it.
Asking because I plan to install a dmdcolor and they are only English compatible

#6500 3 years ago
Quoted from etien:

Hi, just joined the club and like it so far.
This is my first stern pinball so I am going to ask a totally noob question:
How to I switch the game display from French to English. It’s obvious on a Williams/bally or a jjp, but I have been through all the menus and couldn’t find it.
Asking because I plan to install a dmdcolor and they are only English compatible

Page 5 of the Manual, CPU dipswitch setting

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.00
10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 7.50
$ 18.95
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.50
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,198 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 204.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-lord-of-the-rings-journey-begins-members-club/page/130?hl=hawknole and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.