Topic Stats

• 6,411 posts
  • 536 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Pin_Guy
  • Topic is favorited by 275 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,433 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200913_111201 (resized).jpg
20200913_111114 (resized).jpg
E7510B63-4B94-43B8-AB7B-55611475ADDE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20200825_195755 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200824_151155 (resized).jpg
20200824_125724 (resized).jpg
56E15881-01CF-4D68-95CA-76005D956809 (resized).jpeg
20200816_222023 (resized).jpg
20200816_221814 (resized).jpg
lotr switch matrix (resized).JPG
WhatsApp Image 2020-08-13 at 21.49.19 (1) (resized).jpeg
plastics_LI (resized).jpg
D7F718AA-68E3-4666-A61E-241DB4834C92 (resized).jpeg
20200811_175727 (resized).jpg
20200805_095817 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6411 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 129.
#6401 4 days ago

Guys - what's the story with There and Back? I got all the modes. They were all blinking at the ring shot...I hit the ring shot and it just gives me the ring bonus. I thought maybe I had to shoot elf/dwarf/man shots to relight it. I must have shot like 15 of them. Nothing. So I'm just shooting around trying to figure out what to do, I hit the ring again and now it gives it to me....is my game screwed up or is there another rule beyond just starting all the modes? I'm on 9.0.

-G

#6402 4 days ago

Once you’ve played all the modes and all the mode lights around the ring are flashing, you need to collect the 3 elf rings to light mode start. This is the point at which the ring will not spot an elf ring anymore. Hitting the ring once you’ve collected the 3 elf rings starts “There and Back Again”.

#6403 4 days ago
Quoted from attyrhodes:

Machine plays great, minimal issues so far, but want to make sure there isn't anything I should be installing to prevent work in the future.

Looks nice. I see you have Cliffy Protectors installed on the Gimli and Shire areas. (metal protectors made to protect the wood around scoops and saucers)

You need a protector for the Arwen plastic or that won't last!

#6404 4 days ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Looks nice. I see you have Cliffy Protectors installed on the Gimli and Shire areas. (metal protectors made to protect the wood around scoops and saucers)
You need a protector for the Arwen plastic or that won't last!

To be honest with you that's news to me lol, is there a good spot to buy that protector from?

#6405 4 days ago
Quoted from attyrhodes:

To be honest with you that's news to me lol, is there a good spot to buy that protector from?

ebay.com link » Plastic Protectors Set For Stern Lord Of The Rings Pinball Machine

#6406 3 days ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

ebay.com link » Plastic Protectors Set For Stern Lord Of The Rings Pinball Machine

Cheers

#6407 3 days ago
Quoted from attyrhodes:

The only way to go!

I still have my OG version from the original creator in my game that I have had new since '05

https://www.redshiftled.com.au/Plastic-stuff.php

#6408 3 days ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

that’s nice cause it comes ready to swap

For $25 that's not bad.

#6409 3 days ago
Quoted from TheShaft:

I just picked this up, shipping was super cheap from UK to Canada. Haven’t gotten it yet though so I can’t vouch for it. It doesn’t have the connections made yet, but is much cheaper than the one from Marco’s I believe.

I should make some of those, less than 5 min to make and around $1 in parts; at under $3 to ship in the US I can post them for $10 with free shipping.

#6410 3 days ago

WARNING: This is a very opinionated post ... if you are easily offended and/or unable to tolerate opinions that differ from your own, please skip this post.

Quoted from mrgregb123:

1) I have the POTD plastic diverter installed, which sends it to the left wireform return. BUT it bounces hard on it and 50% of the time bounces right into the Shire area anyway. Is this normal?

Yes and No, the game was designed to do this. I would remove this diverter mod it as it looks like it adversely effects game play and may be be causing more issues than it prevents.

Quoted from mrgregb123:

2) I believe I have the newer Balrog light because it doesn't seem to be as crazy flashy/bright as those I've seen in videos. What is everyone using if they already have the newer service update installed since a standard flasher doesn't seem to work for that socket?

I'm using the original flasher bulb that came with the game...I actually have no idea if this is still available; I also have the service bulletin and original LED upgrade kit, just never needed to install it since the original bulb never failed.

Quoted from mrgregb123:

Is GI OCD needed for this game? I thought the shooter lane stream of lights was GI but it's clear those are feature lights that look like GI....haven't noticed much fading on the GI here...

If you have LEDs then yes as this was extremely well designed to maximize on the slow fading ability of incandescent lamps in both the GI and controlled lighting; I just don't see how LEDs add anything to this game even with OCD

#6411 3 days ago
Quoted from attyrhodes:

I have a goodie bag in the coin box, haven't put em on yet.

The original game came with white targets, there were no target decals; I believe the spare parts bag had the 2 spinner decals, one flasher and one GI bulb. I'm not sure about the LE remakes.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
There are 6411 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 129.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside