IMG_7027 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7019 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4036 (resized).jpg
IMG_4034 (resized).jpg
IMG_3077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240331_163644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,199 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 204.
#5901 4 years ago

hello guys. i got few emails and messages after the last Kaneda's Pinball Podcast. first thank you for the love and support and yes im working on a full artwork package for lord of the rings. but i must say IM ONLY THE DESIGNER. im not the one who going to sell it and i dont know what is the cost of it or have more info about whats going on with it sorry. but yes im also making new toys (mods) for this game and they will be sell also as a separate part. i promise to post more progress on the art and on the mods in pinside or in my instagram lior_theartofpinball https://www.instagram.com/lior_theartofpinball/
also same for the decals. they are NOT for sale. i made it for my machine and for 2 friends who have this machine with cabinet damage.
im glad i was chosen to design this great pinball! its one of the best!

thank you very much and thanks for the very nice words on the podcast ❤️

#5902 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Awesome thank you. So I'm assuming the single one piece splint, not the larger two piece.

Honestly can't remember off of the top of my head, I'd get a couple of both, and then find other places for the spares on your LOTR and any other pins.....

#5903 4 years ago

I have been searching but only coming up with the Palantir Mod, but has anyone figured out a way to stop the Palantir Target from moving side to side?
Thanks

I used this on Tron, not sure if it would fit LOTR, I might have to try.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3022038

#5904 4 years ago

Kaneda says LOTR will be remade in his podcast today. And..... go!

#5905 4 years ago

I guess I should call Stern, but wanted to ask here first.

Recently acquired my first LOTR pinball (cheaper one!) and cleaned it, replaced a bunch of LED's, replaced flipper coils, POTD mod and more.

The Issue:
After playing for 10-20min and after a couple multiballs. The flippers go dead, music and dmd play and GI stays light. Nothing resets. Power Off/On and it works again for another 10-20min.

What I've tried/noticed:
1) Previous owner installed a Rottendog Power Supply and it has 2015 stamped on it.
2) Fuse 20/21 is a 3A and replace with recommended 4A sloblo fuse. Fuse blows upon powering up. It's related to the magnet?
3) No power mods added to machine, except 3 LED spotlights illuminating the main playfield.
4) Sometime the magnet works I think, but not 100% sure.
5) Replaced flipper coils with Pinballlife.com recommended coils for LOTR. (https://www.pinballlife.com/lotr-special-flipper-coil-090-5020-2ot.html)
6) Reset the machine via the "Portal".

All functions of the pin work, balrog moves correctly, although his light is out! The VUK's work most of the time!, All lights work, sounds works great, etc.
The DMD cpu and display version are A10.0 on boot, so I think its been updated.

Anything to test? Suggestions or that.

Overall, the machine is a 95% A condition, just a few minor dings...but plays great when its working. I would love to get this issue fixed, but need help.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and help.

Ps. I can take a video and add a link of me playing and it dying....just did after about 10min of play just now!
Bfrosty

#5906 4 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

Not exactly. Check his Facebook.

#5907 4 years ago

Not being remade, its just a art mod kit

#5908 4 years ago

This is what he stated:

UPDATE on this show after it went up as I got more details on the new LOTR offering.

1. Will be new LOTR art kit available vs entirely new game (not a vault)
2. Will be new cabinet art, PF art, backbox and translite art
3. Will need a LOTR to swap this kit in
4. New sculpt for game
5. PF swap will be required (ugh)
6. Kits will be limited and $$$

Goal is for Stern to see this and make this the vault.

Now IMHO ( not Kaneda ) in all actuality LOTR Vault or LOTR-R probably will not happen.

#5909 4 years ago

This is what he stated:
UPDATE on this show after it went up as I got more details on the new LOTR offering.
1. Will be new LOTR art kit available vs entirely new game (not a vault)
2. Will be new cabinet art, PF art, backbox and translite art
3. Will need a LOTR to swap this kit in
4. New sculpt for game
5. PF swap will be required (ugh)
6. Kits will be limited and $$$
Goal is for Stern to see this and make this the vault.
Now IMHO ( not Kaneda ) in all actuality LOTR Vault or LOTR-R probably will not happen.

Who will be the front end sales for all this stuff? Who's sponsoring it all? Might be interested in the trans and/or pf depending on how they come out.

#5910 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Who will be the front end sales for all this stuff? Who's sponsoring it all? Might be interested in the trans and/or pf depending on how they come out.

No clue, but his cabinet decals are amazing and would love to grab a set of those.

#5911 3 years ago

Question, I’m running version 10.02 cpu and would like to know in there anyway of putting attract music on like we can do in other titles?

#5912 3 years ago

Hello.
Is there any decal to buy in the area of the circle?

2020-04-30-21-01-17 (resized).jpg2020-04-30-21-01-17 (resized).jpg
#5913 3 years ago
Quoted from Tjohejsan:

Hello.
Is there any decal to buy in the area of the circle?[quoted image]

I have only seen one for the outer ring of the circle.

ebay.com link: Pinball Lord of The Rings Outside Ring Insert Decal

#5914 3 years ago

As stated before upgraded to version A10.0 and subsequently installed the color dmd. It is the best modification for this pin. It makes a great pin even better. Recommend that anyone considering a color dmd go for it. You won't regret it. BTW, this is not a paid advertisement

#5915 3 years ago

hey, just found this thread - as i've just returned to my lotr after years to fix all of its hundreds of small problems...

was wondering if anyone's had trouble with their pop bumper flashers? none of mine work and i can't remember ever seeing them work...maybe.

could this be a transistor? i've only ever seen transistors blow and things are permanently switched on not off. they seem to be wired correctly.

anyways, hi all.

#5916 3 years ago
Quoted from yyyyyikes:

hey, just found this thread - as i've just returned to my lotr after years to fix all of its hundreds of small problems...
was wondering if anyone's had trouble with their pop bumper flashers? none of mine work and i can't remember ever seeing them work...maybe.
could this be a transistor? i've only ever seen transistors blow and things are permanently switched on not off. they seem to be wired correctly.
anyways, hi all.

Check the fuse.

#5917 3 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

As stated before upgraded to version A10.0 and subsequently installed the color dmd. It is the best modification for this pin. It makes a great pin even better. Recommend that anyone considering a color dmd go for it. You won't regret it. BTW, this is not a paid advertisement

Totally agree. If you have the LCD version give TILE a try. I don’t use it on any other game. But I really like how it looks on LOTR.

#5918 3 years ago
Quoted from yyyyyikes:

As DCFAN said, check fuse first, but it seems like other flashers or things would also not work if fuses F7, F21, or F22 are blown. Flashers are tested in coils section of diagnostics, so I *assume* one of these fuses is for pop bumper flashers.

FYI I noticed GI lights along my LOTR backboard were out a couple weeks ago. Turns out that years of shaking and heat (I guess) had caused the metal fins/clamps in the F24 fuse holder to come loose - the fuse was loose in there. Just pinched the metal pieces together & reinserted the fuse.

I see in another thread that you verified bulbs work. That would have been my other thought. It's easy for 1 to be off and not notice it for a long time, then all 3 are out.

Wonder what the "odd construction" under playfield is (in https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-pop-flashers)

Be interested to know result.

#5919 3 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Totally agree. If you have the LCD version give TILE a try. I don’t use it on any other game. But I really like how it looks on LOTR.

Ooohh...good call. I normally use DotsXL but just tried TILE on LOTR and like it better. Thanks!

#5920 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Check the fuse.

Quoted from Adaminski:

Wonder what the "odd construction" under playfield is (in https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-pop-flashers)
Be interested to know result.

Thanks for your responses.
With regards the fuse, I'm assuming that it is F7 which is the 20v coil fuse - I don't think there's another one just for these flashers?
All the other flashers work, which is everything on plug J6.

The strange device is a terminal strip with no diode, so the orange power is connected to one end with 3 wires going to the pops
and all the black wires are soldered to the other end. I don't think it does anything but split things 3 ways? But I don't really know what I'm talking about.

#5921 3 years ago

Holy Shit... Pinsound in LOTR is killer!!! Love the dam near movie theater sound experience now lol.

#5922 3 years ago

Holy Shit... Pinsound in LOTR is killer!!! Love the dam near movie theater sound experience now lol.

that sounds incredible - would be interested in seeing a video.

i put a pinsound in cftbl years ago and didn't like it but that was an old version i guess.
still have it if anyone wants one. not sure if bally/williams is different? but it probably
works better in something other than creature - or the sound packs are much better now.

#5923 3 years ago
Quoted from yyyyyikes:

that sounds incredible - would be interested in seeing a video.
i put a pinsound in cftbl years ago and didn't like it but that was an old version i guess.
still have it if anyone wants one. not sure if bally/williams is different? but it probably
works better in something other than creature - or the sound packs are much better now.

Yeah some of those sound packages are awesome, but the real fun is making your own files from captures that you do yourself. It's great to start off with sound compilations then build and replace friles from those as you see fit. I already changed about 65% on one of the sound packages with files I captured from the movies and edited them to drop in. It does take a bit of work and playing with the gains to get them normalized with the other callouts and music but it's cool as hell.

Not too sure about all the difference from Pinsound 1 to Pinsound Plus but I went with the plus so I can add the shaker aspect to the game too without having to search for pal chip, v10.02 cpu swap etc.. Which I already did before the buying the pinsound lol, but however now I can add shaker to what ever callout or action target I like, in any one of 9 preset patterns or custom configuration for time length, starting power and ending power.

#5924 3 years ago

i was this close to pulling the trigger on pinsound last week. Did u get shaker motor too. I couldnt determine if i needed to up grade to 10.03 to use the shaker motor or if it would work with 10.00. Did u get ear phone jack as well. Convince me. twist my arm. was it easy to put in.

#5925 3 years ago

I have only seen one for the outer ring of the circle.
ebay.com link » Pinball Lord Of The Rings Outside Ring Insert Decal

If anyone else needs these, we could try to save on shipping and make an offer to the seller on eBay. Let me know if anyone else needs this decal of the outer ring.

#5926 3 years ago
Quoted from MSLONEKER:

i was this close to pulling the trigger on pinsound last week. Did u get shaker motor too. I couldnt determine if i needed to up grade to 10.03 to use the shaker motor or if it would work with 10.00. Did u get ear phone jack as well. Convince me. twist my arm. was it easy to put in.

If you buy their pinsound plus board and their shaker motor kit with the motion board, you don't need to update anything past V10.00. So basically the 10.02 cpu and the pal chip is not needed now.

In addition with their pinsound studio software you can configure when and where you want to shaker motor to kick in, for how long and for how much strength. Ok I admit it was a bit hazy for the first few minutes of me reading for I'm a person who likes to tinker and want to configure it my way with my sound files but after a few minutes it was a piece of cake and setting up the shaker command are just a push of the button super simple.

The install is very straight forward and easy to do, just follow the step by step instructions. The one thing I can tell you that they didn't state is when its all connected it tell you the look at the motion board for the three led lights to be ready to show it was done properly. Well if you leave the coin door open as I did when booting up, the third light on the motion board doesn't light up. I was like WTF, I re-read those instructions 4x time re-checked all my connections and was stumped. Closed my coin door and poof the light came on, then I was like duh the high voltage cutoff lol.

I purchased the whole package deal with their speakers and headset station and all, overall I"m very impressed, the sounds are amazing, their speakers sound great, the head set station raises and lowers volumes of the machine and or headset when one is connected plus you can change through kits on the fly with it. I do not regret buying it one bit.

BTW pinsider: Mr.Tantrum has an awesome write up /guide on these and its a good read and what programs are suggested to use that are free use a well. I happen to speak with him recently via phone and we had a great conversation and discussed the possibilities and future expansion on the Pinsound board and features.

#5927 3 years ago

I have the u213 gold pal chips and the 10.02 cpu chips and the os8 chips if anyone needs them. I am rompingirl on ebay but pricing direct is much better.

#5928 3 years ago

If you buy their pinsound plus board and their shaker motor kit with the motion board, you don't need to update anything past V10.00. So basically the 10.02 cpu and the pal chip is not needed.

Thx for response. I wanted some confirmation on the shaker motor before i bought. I'll sneak this past the wife Asap. Because of covid I have my sons back from college taking classes on line in the man cave and my pinball time is limited by their need for silence, i think with headphones i could back in business. cheers.

#5929 3 years ago
Quoted from Astill:

I have the u213 gold pal chips and the 10.02 cpu chips and the os8 chips if anyone needs them. I am rompingirl on ebay but pricing direct is much better.

I bought set from you on eBay , still waiting for them to arrive but they are no longer needed now that I switched up the shaker motor situation lol.

#5930 3 years ago

Yeah some of those sound packages are awesome, but the real fun is making your own files from captures that you do yourself. It's great to start off with sound compilations then build and replace friles from those as you see fit. I already changed about 65% on one of the sound packages with files I captured from the movies and edited them to drop in. It does take a bit of work and playing with the gains to get them normalized with the other callouts and music but it's cool as hell.
Not too sure about all the difference from Pinsound 1 to Pinsound Plus but I went with the plus so I can add the shaker aspect to the game too without having to search for pal chip, v10.02 cpu swap etc.. Which I already did before the buying the pinsound lol, but however now I can add shaker to what ever callout or action target I like, in any one of 9 preset patterns or custom configuration for time length, starting power and ending power.

Now you gave me something to think about. I already have a pinsound 1. (which are awesome). I was thinking of adding a shaker.

So basically its two options:
1. $80 shaker + $50 in 10.02 chips
2. $190 pinsound shaker kit

So it is $60 more expensive, but gives you full control of how the shaker functions, plus gives you an external power control for a mod. (I don't have a mod in mind right now that I would control, but maybe something like a topper light or something).

Disadvantage currently...is that you would have to create your own shaker program for LOTR. Eventually there are going to be premade custom ones (just like pinsound audio files) that get created by the community but those aren't made yet.

Hard choice.

#5931 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

I don't have a mod in mind right now that I would control, but maybe something like a topper light or something

Already have a mod in mind and ordered the parts just waiting on delivery. Can’t wait to see how it will interact with the game play

#5932 3 years ago

Already have a mod in mind and ordered the parts just waiting on delivery. Can’t wait to see how it will interact with the game play

Well thats no good to keep it in the dark!

In the software, do you already know how that extra mod port is configured? Like...do you have options for always on/off, only on for X amount of seconds after a certain sound is played, etc?

Basically with the software...are you configuring everything based on when sounds play or is it something else? LIke...for the shaker...to get it working with Balrog hits...you have to search for the balrog sound and have the shaker correspond with that sound?

#5933 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Well thats no good to keep it in the dark!
In the software, do you already know how that extra mod port is configured? Like...do you have options for always on/off, only on for X amount of seconds after a certain sound is played, etc?
Basically with the software...are you configuring everything based on when sounds play or is it something else? LIke...for the shaker...to get it working with Balrog hits...you have to search for the balrog sound and have the shaker correspond with that sound?

Yes, In the software you can call at what point you want the ext relay to kick on, for how long you want it to stay on and for how many times you want to loop on and off as if you were connecting external leds to flash or smoke machine to blast etc... and duration of each cycle.

#5934 3 years ago

Is anyone else making a target splint for the Palantir taget other then Mezel Mods? Their material is way too soft with flexing so the target is back to moving again.

Thanks

#5935 3 years ago

Is anyone else making a target splint for the Palantir taget other then Mezel Mods? Their material is way too soft with flexing so the target is back to moving again.
Thanks

I can confirm this after ~5-10 games.

#5936 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

I found this, think I'm going to give it a shot.

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=BK3

#5937 3 years ago

This insert is not flush with the playfield, it is lowered.
Anyone got a clue how I can fix this without damaging the playfield?
I recently got the machine and want this fixed before I start doing a playfield teardown.

20200422_211457 (resized).jpg20200422_211457 (resized).jpg

#5938 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Would the metal angled ones created for GB to prevent air balls work?

#5939 3 years ago

I put these in my LoTR and Deadpool a couple months ago and both are staying strong (and straight) a few hundred games later.

#5940 3 years ago
Quoted from jdroc:

I put these in my LoTR and Deadpool a couple months ago and both are staying strong (and straight) a few hundred games later.

Awesome, thanks for the product update. I have found that those 3d printed ones starting moving just after 4 games with way too much flex and give to them.

#5941 3 years ago

Just to confirm, your LOTR currently has these as the stand up target mounts?

20200504_175710 (resized).jpg20200504_175710 (resized).jpg

My Palantir switch is maybe slightly angled right now, but these seem pretty beefy, but yeah, I could see how the pinball life ones would help because it has that side plate that the switch body rests on ->

TinyTake_04-05-2020-06-08-24 (resized).pngTinyTake_04-05-2020-06-08-24 (resized).png

That then slides through the mounting plate. The mounting plate screws are wider apart so it would be quite stable. I guess the only downside is that you would be putting 2 new holes in your PF. I guess my worry...is that if these two new holes are too close to the original 2 screw holes, that there isn't enough "wood" for the screws to bite into?

#5942 3 years ago

Hmm, actually....maybe I'm misjudging how wide this replacement plate is....does it reuse the same holes as the original plate?

#5943 3 years ago

Got my Legolas deflector / protector done. The only question is does Legolas ride alone or with Gimili? What do you all think? It is the Legolas ramp, but he looks pretty cool with Gimili. Up vote Legolas rides alone, down vote he rides with Gimili

alone (resized).jpgalone (resized).jpgwith gimili (resized).jpgwith gimili (resized).jpg

#5944 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Hmm, actually....maybe I'm misjudging how wide this replacement plate is....does it reuse the same holes as the original plate?

Same holes - easy to swap out

#5945 3 years ago
Quoted from MSLONEKER:

Got my Legolas deflector / protector done. The only question is does Legolas ride alone or with Gimili? What do you all think? It is the Legolas ramp, but he looks pretty cool with Gimili. Up vote Legolas rides alone, down vote he rides with Gimili
[quoted image][quoted image]

With Gimli all the way....

#5946 3 years ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

This insert is not flush with the playfield, it is lowered.
Anyone got a clue how I can fix this without damaging the playfield?
I recently got the machine and want this fixed before I start doing a playfield teardown.
[quoted image]

Do yourself a favour and get a Playfield protector. Never have to worry about sinking or raising inserts again

#5947 3 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Do yourself a favour and get a Playfield protector. Never have to worry about sinking or raising inserts again

Not a huge fan of those protectors.. My No Fear came with one and I did not like it much :/ Also this LOTR playfield has very noticeable vertical lines (planking?) across the playfield, so will get a new pf in a few years.

So just need advice on making it flush again for now

#5948 3 years ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

Not a huge fan of those protectors.. My No Fear came with one and I did not like it much :/ Also this LOTR playfield has very noticeable vertical lines (planking?) across the playfield, so will get a new pf in a few years.
So just need advice on making it flush again for now

Two flat pieces of wood and a long neck clamp. One piece above the PF one below both at the insert and tighten the clamp slowly until it presses the insert back to its level position, then glue the insert to hold it in place.

#5949 3 years ago
Quoted from MSLONEKER:

Got my Legolas deflector / protector done.

BTW where did you grab that plexi deflector base from, I’d like to purchase one myself. Looks great just wish their heads were facing inward rather then outward.

#5950 3 years ago

BTW where did you grab that plexi deflector base from, I’d like to purchase one myself. Looks great just wish their heads were facing inward rather then outward.

The deflector i made from a piece of plexiglas. Cut it out using a dremel and attached it underneath the path of the dead by the screw that is in the middle of the potd. Used a little two sided sticky tape too.
Yeah I though about cutting their heads off and turning them and then repainting, but their bodies position would have made it awkward. I still may. I think i still have the pattern i used. pm your address and i'll cut another and send it this weekend.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 7.50
$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,199 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 204.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-lord-of-the-rings-journey-begins-members-club/page/119 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.