lord1 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0841 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0840 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2852 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240315-080536 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,138 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 203.
#5801 3 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

You can probably get away with a 16v cap since the lamps are run on a pulsed 18v and it doesn't burn out a 6v led but I would use 25v to be safe. I think the standard diodes on lamps are 1N4004. You might not need the diode, I haven't looked to see if lotr has diodes at the lamp socket or remote. I was originally thinking of using this same setup to smooth out the flasher above the sword ramp but I haven't had time to play around with it.
[quoted image]

I see that you have a 220uf 16v on the bread board

Im having a hard time finding 320uf 25v that you suggested i see a 330uf 25v but im not sure of what that difference would be? 220-320-330?
I understand the voltage tolerance aspect but im not certain of what a difference in uf would mean in this application

i am now searching the internet i hope to gain some knowledge about it
But of course ill have to ask

#5802 3 years ago
Quoted from Yodamingus:

I’d have to look to see how it’s wired
I don’t want to cut into the mod
If it’s possible maybe make a plug and play sort of in line molex connection..

The Palantir's 1N4004 diode is soldered into the circuit at the molex plug underneath the heat shrink

#5803 3 years ago
Quoted from Yodamingus:

I see that you have a 220uf 16v on the bread board
Im having a hard time finding 320uf 25v that you suggested i see a 330uf 25v but im not sure of what that difference would be? 220-320-330?
I understand the voltage tolerance aspect but im not certain of what a difference in uf would mean in this application
i am now searching the internet i hope to gain some knowledge about it
But of course ill have to ask

The 220 was just what I had laying on the bench for illustration. The resistor controls the fade in by limiting how fast the caps charge, larger value = slower charge/fade in. The capacitor value controls the fade out, larger uf value = slower fade out because there is more power to dissipate through the led. You will probably have to play around with the resistor and cap value to get what you want, my source for that test was only 6v so the machine may charge things quicker. If you can't find the exact cap you want you can solder capacitors in parallel which will add their uf values together to get larger values. You could also use a 1k variable resistor which should give you some room to fine tune things without having to resolder multiple times.

#5804 3 years ago

So I’m planning on having my main ramps redone. My question is regarding the ramp flaps. The left one is unobtainable? Do LE owners have golden ramp entrance flaps? Will it look odd to have the steel flap against the gold ramp? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
91A3507E-B81C-4C49-B670-E9715B5B8FAA (resized).jpeg91A3507E-B81C-4C49-B670-E9715B5B8FAA (resized).jpeg95F5C413-0026-4F96-A55A-CBD784BB6085 (resized).jpeg95F5C413-0026-4F96-A55A-CBD784BB6085 (resized).jpegE026CE6D-1734-43BB-875B-54D9501A40DB (resized).jpegE026CE6D-1734-43BB-875B-54D9501A40DB (resized).jpeg

#5805 3 years ago
Quoted from StrangeSubset1:

Not afraid of any soldering. That is the fun part. Would love for you to share those pics of your install if possible.

made a thread over in the mod section to make it easier for someone else to find in the future. let me know if you have any questions

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-potd-figures-with-interactive-lighting#post-5598282

#5807 3 years ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

So I’m planning on having my main ramps redone. My question is regarding the ramp flaps. The left one is unobtainable? Do LE owners have golden ramp entrance flaps? Will it look odd to have the steel flap against the gold ramp? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The LEs did not have gold flaps. Pinballlife has replacement ramps for the center ramp.

#5808 3 years ago

Does anyone have an additional sword ramp plastic? Mine has the tip broken and you just can buy a complete set. A used one is also fine as long its not broken.

Screenshot_20200124-185752 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200124-185752 (resized).png
#5809 3 years ago

How close is this
LOTR ahead by 1 vote..
MM and AFM only 5 votes apart..

Wow

Screenshot_2020-04-17-22-48-41 (resized).pngScreenshot_2020-04-17-22-48-41 (resized).png
#5810 3 years ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

How close is this
LOTR ahead by 1 vote..
MM and AFM only 5 votes apart..

Wow

WHOA...

I should sell both my LOTR (HUO) and MMr LE (HUO)

#5811 3 years ago

Sold my LOTR once, won't make that mistake again. Just about everything else will have to move out first.

#5812 3 years ago

Finally got around to installing the new cabinet decals. I think it came out great! Really happy with it.

1205D1E9-AA15-4397-BBAF-976AEA70B1DA (resized).jpeg1205D1E9-AA15-4397-BBAF-976AEA70B1DA (resized).jpeg83554507-918F-43F3-A747-B5C95E002DFD (resized).jpeg83554507-918F-43F3-A747-B5C95E002DFD (resized).jpegE3479D04-B0FB-4561-8850-28C074380643 (resized).jpegE3479D04-B0FB-4561-8850-28C074380643 (resized).jpegC46361DE-CE52-4D43-9819-DDA02BE40C57 (resized).jpegC46361DE-CE52-4D43-9819-DDA02BE40C57 (resized).jpeg618547F3-3244-4E23-ADFD-39092B1575EC (resized).jpeg618547F3-3244-4E23-ADFD-39092B1575EC (resized).jpegB15CDBFD-D5E3-45DB-B605-18AB94020F66 (resized).jpegB15CDBFD-D5E3-45DB-B605-18AB94020F66 (resized).jpeg
#5813 3 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Finally got around to installing the new cabinet decals. I think it came out great! Really happy with it.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

LOVE those decals! I must have them.......

#5814 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

LOVE those decals! I must have them.......

Thx! I got them from liorillusion here on Pinside.

#5815 3 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Finally got around to installing the new cabinet decals. I think it came out great! Really happy with it.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

wow, very nice decals

#5816 3 years ago

That’s a truly unique pin now with those new decals. Now get a color DMD in that bad boy!

LOTR still ahead of Nedry’s Island in the finals? No offense to JP, I had one and liked it. But it has not quite earned its place amongst the legends like LOTR has. I traded my first LOTR and immediately knew I made a mistake. Found a mint/original owner and this one will never leave. I had JP for just 3 months. It’s a fun game, but for me was too thin on JP content.

#5817 3 years ago

Question: I have an original 2003 LOTR pinball machine. It has the original chip. I've been wanting to add a color DMD, but the color DMD web site states that the minimum requirement for a color dmd is the A10.00 version. Is it too difficult for an inexperience person to convert to the upgraded software, or is it just a "plug & play" matter?

#5818 3 years ago

Gently pry out the old chip ( I use a chip puller ,like a mini crowbar,but a small jewelers screwdriver or similar to pry will work as well) ,carefully line up the legs to the chip socket for the new and press. Anyone can do this.

I got my upgrade chips from Matt basement arcade,has shop on pinside

#5819 3 years ago

Questions for you folks who might have installed a Pinsound into LOTR.

1- I know you can load custom sounds and packages, but if you left the original sounds does the Pinsound board make any sound quality difference with the original sounds.

2- What ohm speakers can we use the Pinsound board amps, will it handle 4 & 8 ohms? Not mixing the two, just capable wise for 4ohm or 8ohm speakers.

Thinking of purchasing the Pinsound Plus for the machine, thanks for your input.

Thanks

#5820 3 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

Question: I have an original 2003 LOTR pinball machine. It has the original chip. I've been wanting to add a color DMD, but the color DMD web site states that the minimum requirement for a color dmd is the A10.00 version. Is it too difficult for an inexperience person to convert to the upgraded software, or is it just a "plug & play" matter?

Quoted from pinballjj:

Gently pry out the old chip ( I use a chip puller ,like a mini crowbar,but a small jewelers screwdriver or similar to pry will work as well) ,carefully line up the legs to the chip socket for the new and press. Anyone can do this.
I got my upgrade chips from Matt basement arcade,has shop on pinside

Remember if you are updating from that old of a version, you most likely will need to and should upgrade the whitestar boot OS to ver 8. I'm guessing you are most likely at 4. You can check by opening the back glass, find LED 1 on the cpu board, turn the machine on and count the number of blinks until boot. If you are at ver 8, it will blink 8 times.

#5821 3 years ago

Quick question... What is the default factory position for the outlane posts? In the middle?

#5822 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Remember if you are updating from that old of a version, you most likely will need to and should upgrade the whitestar boot OS to ver 8.

I don't believe this is accurate and would only apply if you were changing your Sound CPU ROM which you are not; and would then only apply if the Sound CPU rom was a different version. You will however need to update both your Game Rom and your Display ROM.

#5823 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

This is inaccurate and would only apply if you were changing your Sound CPU ROM which you are not; and would then only apply if the Sound CPU rom was a different version. You will however need to update both your Game Rom and your Display ROM.

Your right, I just read that again and thought it was cpu, display and sound upgrading. So yes then he shouldn't have the random sound issues if he is only doing the cpu and display update.

#5824 3 years ago

Is it too difficult for an inexperience person to convert to the upgraded software, or is it just a "plug & play" matter?

It's not; just read all the instruction before you start to become familiar with the process.

Stern Service Bulletin 150 - Insertion/Replacement of EPROMS in SPI Pinball Games:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NabNUgq-ZK3Pj6nV-Z0MmGt1Ai1CxUoF

#5825 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Quick question... What is the default factory position for the outlane posts? In the middle?

I believe they were in the center position.

#5826 3 years ago

1- I know you can load custom sounds and packages, but if you left the original sounds does the Pinsound board make any sound quality difference with the original sounds.
2- What ohm speakers can we use the Pinsound board amps, will it handle 4 & 8 ohms? Not mixing the two, just capable wise for 4ohm or 8ohm speakers.
Thinking of purchasing the Pinsound Plus for the machine, thanks for your input.
Thanks

I can't help much with answers as I immediately loaded the custom trax on mine but I would just say that since you spend most of your time looking at the PF, this has become the number 1 best mod for my LOTR I've owned since 2003. Before that, it was the color DMD followed by the palantir mod in order of awesomeness and impact.

#5827 3 years ago

the color DMD web site states that the minimum requirement for a color dmd is the A10.00 version.

I found that the color DMD works fine with v9.00; I had never upgraded mine to v10.00 as there is very little difference between v9.00 and v10.00. That being said, I'm stuck inside with not much going on so I decided to go ahead and do this today and just finished burning my v10.00 ROMS.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5828 3 years ago

Ok new ROMS installed ... I was unsure if there would be a factory reset needed when installing the newer version, this was answered immediately at power on when I was informed to open the coin door.

It took me a little bit of time as I never install chips into press-in sockets without having the board on my workbench as to not flex the boards. I had installed NVRAM in this game a long time ago and had the battery retainer tie wrapped to the battery holder; because of this, there was no room at all to get my IC extraction tool under the CPU ROM...so I just removed the battery holder, put it in a zip lock back and tossed it in the coin box.

One thing that was interesting is that the board is labeled 27C040 for U210...I ignored this as this game uses a 27C1010 ROM.

Time to fix all my game settings and start setting some new high scores.

#5830 3 years ago

Thanks

1. not enough to justify the expense
2. don't know

I love Pinsound on this game because while the old sounds are iconic and great, the audio quality si poor. And most important, several guys have made amazing mixes that change the vibe and add some variety.

#5831 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

1. not enough to justify the expense
2. don't know
I love Pinsound on this game because while the old sounds are iconic and great, the audio quality si poor. And most important, several guys have made amazing mixes that change the vibe and add some variety.

I agree on the music, plus I love some of the added callouts especially for path of the dead with the dead king and his taunt laugh. Yeah I think I'm going to take the leap and get the newer Pinsound Plus board. Now just to learn my way around and make my own customized package.

#5832 3 years ago

1) As said, maybe not enough to justify the expense. There is an "OST" mix that is very similar to the original but in better quality.

2) Unsure - but if you do buy speakers, look at Pinwoofer or something stateside. With shipping, it didn't make sense to get the Pinsound speakers due to price. I bought Pinwoofer setup, and while I haven't installed it yet, Dan Dean has been very helpful in answering questions and with follow up.

My LOTR sound board died last year, and after some research I decided to spend money on Pinsound + Headphone Station rather than board repair. LOTR is my wife's favorite game & likely staying in our house for a long time.

We have all 4 mixes (including original) on the card and (with Headphone Station) can switch between them on the fly. We think that the Wool & Hawknole mixes make it seem like playing a new game. There are a few choices they made that I don't agree with, and a few challenges with sound levels, but mostly I'm very impressed with the alternate mixes & almost always play with one of them loaded.

My advice would be to add the headphone station when buying the Pinsound+ board.

#5833 3 years ago
Quoted from Adaminski:

1) As said, maybe not enough to justify the expense. There is an "OST" mix that is very similar to the original but in better quality.
2) Unsure - but if you do buy speakers, look at Pinwoofer or something stateside. With shipping, it didn't make sense to get the Pinsound speakers due to price. I bought Pinwoofer setup, and while I haven't installed it yet, Dan Dean has been very helpful in answering questions and with follow up.
My LOTR sound board died last year, and after some research I decided to spend money on Pinsound + Headphone Station rather than board repair. LOTR is my wife's favorite game & likely staying in our house for a long time.
We have all 4 mixes (including original) on the card and (with Headphone Station) can switch between them on the fly. We think that the Wool & Hawknole mixes make it seem like playing a new game. There are a few choices they made that I don't agree with, and a few challenges with sound levels, but mostly I'm very impressed with the alternate mixes & almost always play with one of them loaded.
My advice would be to add the headphone station when buying the Pinsound+ board.

Thanks for your informative reply and you had answered one which I was thinking about already lol, which is how do you switch between packages. So just curious if I don't get the headphone package, is there no other way of switching them on boot up or on the fly? Another thing I was thinking of can we use a 10ft extended usb 3.0 cable in the pinsound board like we do on the spike systems for updating code so we don't have to constantly be going in to the backbox.

As far as it goes for speakers, I already have several NIB sets here that's why I was curious what Ohms will the board handle safely without over working the amp. I did write their tech support on that and hopefully they'll clue me in.

I was listening to several of the mixes and I'm really liking the Wool Remix v1. Yeah I'm going to breakdown and order it and hopefully don't have to wait forever for it to arrive from over seas lol. Thanks for your input.

#5834 3 years ago

So just curious if I don't get the headphone package, is there no other way of switching them on boot up or on the fly? Another thing I was thinking of can we use a 10ft extended usb 3.0 cable in the pinsound board like we do on the spike systems for updating code so we don't have to constantly be going in to the backbox.

Sorry - you'll have to double check Pinsound or other Pinside threads - I cannot remember the answers. There may be a way to change the mix by opening the coin door and accessing the volume there.

I just know that the headphone station made sense for us, due to the combination of headphone jack, volume control, and ability to change mixes without opening front door (if that works) or switching out the USB flash drive and rebooting.

#5835 3 years ago

i posted in the tech section but since this is a LOTR post i was curious if anyone has had this issue:

An odd one. Lord of the rings, did work fine. Turned game on, started to play, left flipper died. Fuse next to flipper blew. Replaced fuse, upon power up flipper sticks up and blows instantly. All wires to coil and eos as fine, not broke off..same with flipper cab switch. Pulled driver board, left flipper driver transistor was blown (Q15). Replaced driver transistor and fuse. Power game up, flipper sticks up, blows fuse instantly. Pulled driver board, it blew the new transistor. So now, replace transistor again and replace fuse and added a new flipper coil for giggles. Power game on, instantly blows fuse and fries new transistor again. What else?

PS: i tried the driver pcb in another game and it works fine after i replace the transistor for the left flipper.
it only blows the transistor and fuse when its installed in LOTR. I've owned this LOTR for 15 years. Nothing has been messed with.
can the mpu make something odd like this happen?

#5836 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

It's not; just read all the instruction before you start to become familiar with the process.

Stern Service Bulletin 150 - Insertion/Replacement of EPROMS in SPI Pinball Games:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NabNUgq-ZK3Pj6nV-Z0MmGt1Ai1CxUoF

Thank you so much. It seems relatively simple so I'll venture it.

#5837 3 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

i posted in the tech section but since this is a LOTR post i was curious if anyone has had this issue:
An odd one. Lord of the rings, did work fine. Turned game on, started to play, left flipper died. Fuse next to flipper blew. Replaced fuse, upon power up flipper sticks up and blows instantly. All wires to coil and eos as fine, not broke off..same with flipper cab switch. Pulled driver board, left flipper driver transistor was blown (Q15). Replaced driver transistor and fuse. Power game up, flipper sticks up, blows fuse instantly. Pulled driver board, it blew the new transistor. So now, replace transistor again and replace fuse and added a new flipper coil for giggles. Power game on, instantly blows fuse and fries new transistor again. What else?
PS: i tried the driver pcb in another game and it works fine after i replace the transistor for the left flipper.
it only blows the transistor and fuse when its installed in LOTR. I've owned this LOTR for 15 years. Nothing has been messed with.
can the mpu make something odd like this happen?

MPU cannot cause this. I have seen repeated fuse and transistors fail on Whitestar games. There is a 74LS??? upstream of the transistor that can fail. Moving the board to another game and it works may indicate a problem with the coil you installed on the third go around. Sometimes doing too many things at once can muddy up the troubleshooting. You might try putting the original coil back in and see what you get. Take ohm readings on the original coil and the new one.

#5838 3 years ago

Let me add that I've never seen an MPU cause this. I guess anything is possible.

#5839 3 years ago

LOTR is falling behind in the race for the greatest of all time pinball. Time to vote and put AFM in second place.

#5840 3 years ago
Quoted from Adaminski:

Sorry - you'll have to double check Pinsound or other Pinside threads - I cannot remember the answers. There may be a way to change the mix by opening the coin door and accessing the volume there.
I just know that the headphone station made sense for us, due to the combination of headphone jack, volume control, and ability to change mixes without opening front door (if that works) or switching out the USB flash drive and rebooting.

I have pinsound in my LOTR...and love it. I tried the 3 different remix packages (which is great to have several remixes)...but of course I forget which package I chose ( I thought one was definitely better than the others ).

On your usb stick, you can have as many packages as you want, but that increases the load time when you first turn on the machine. While pinsound is loading you won't have sound for a few minutes. I trimmed it down to just the original sound package and my preferred remix, and sound comes on within...maybe 30 seconds or less.

Whats great is that if you do want to change it up, its super easy to switch audio packages. All you need to do is go to volume 0, hit down one more time (or maybe its just going down to 0 does it), you'll hear a chime from pinsound, then the next package is loaded. Repeat to get to the next package in the list. Very easy.

#5841 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

I have pinsound in my LOTR...and love it. I tried the 3 different remix packages (which is great to have several remixes)...but of course I forget which package I chose ( I thought one was definitely better than the others ).
On your usb stick, you can have as many packages as you want, but that increases the load time when you first turn on the machine. While pinsound is loading you won't have sound for a few minutes. I trimmed it down to just the original sound package and my preferred remix, and sound comes on within...maybe 30 seconds or less.
Whats great is that if you do want to change it up, its super easy to switch audio packages. All you need to do is go to volume 0, hit down one more time (or maybe its just going down to 0 does it), you'll hear a chime from pinsound, then the next package is loaded. Repeat to get to the next package in the list. Very easy.

Oh, and its great having pinsound because you get the original music score soundtracks. But the best part, is that most remix packages ->

1. Removes voice notifying you of every single ring collected.
2. Changes POTD collection notifications (100 more, 250 more)

Both of those get old QUICK.

#5842 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

I'm really looking forward to it as there are some great original soundtrack scores for this movie which would be excellent in the game. Now that they released their shaker motor mod, one must wonder do you still need the v10.02 cpu and pal chip to use the shaker or do you now do it with their shaker and customize it through their software. Hmmm

#5843 3 years ago

I'm really looking forward to it as there are some great original soundtrack scores for this movie which would be excellent in the game. Now that they released their shaker motor mod, one must wonder do you still need the v10.02 cpu and pal chip to use the shaker or do you now do it with their shaker and customize it through their software. Hmmm

In the description of the shaker (https://www.pinsound.org/motion-control/) they state:

"The Motion Control is a shaker kit (control board + shaker motor) designed to be easy to install. The Motion Control will be connected to the PinSound board (version 1 or PLUS), on the extension port."

I know some people move PinSound to different games, and some people don't care for it. If you think you may want to sell LOTR in the future, you may want to go traditional shaker route, so it can most likely be included with the game, and you have the option to sell/include or remove the PinSound board.

In our case, the PinSound board has become part of the game. If we ever sell LOTR, PinSound goes with it, and we will likely not recoup investment since the sound board is dead. We're OK with that.

#5844 3 years ago
Quoted from Adaminski:

If you think you may want to sell LOTR in the future

I made that mistake once, and took me a good while to find another in fantastic condition. This one isn't leaving lol

#5845 3 years ago

So close to Valinor again! All I need is completion of ROTK multiball but it seems like this in the one thing I consistently fail at completing.
I completed all the Gifts of the Elves, Completed TABA , Completed Two-Towers Multiball (Twice), Completed The Fellowship (Twice) which is my favorite mode BTW , and Destroyed the Ring TWICE! I did reach level 7 of ROTK but just can't seem to complete this damn mode GRRRRR....How many levels are there???

Any Pointers on this mode?

#5846 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

So close to Valinor again! All I need is completion of ROTK multiball but it seems like this in the one thing I consistently fail at completing.
I completed all the Gifts of the Elves, Completed TABA , Completed Two-Towers Multiball (Twice), Completed The Fellowship (Twice) which is my favorite mode BTW , and Destroyed the Ring TWICE! I did reach level 7 of ROTK but just can't seem to complete this damn mode GRRRRR....How many levels are there???
Any Pointers on this mode?

I was closer than you a few weeks back and couldn’t figure out what I was missing. I had to phone a friend after the game.

After you complete ROTK, you’ll need to Destroy the Ring again. It’s the last thing that you need to do before getting to Valinor. Basically, if completing your last multiball isn’t the 3rd of the three multiballs that you need to start to get to DTR, you’ll need to qualify and start the others to get back to DTR and then destroy the ring.

#5847 3 years ago

Has anybody made new holes for the ring LED and moved it? Basicallly...where it is right now, from the players viewpoint, the LED bulbs are pushed too forward (towards the player), so its hard to tell whats actually lit up.

Actually...the only rings I care about are the elf rings, but as is its hard to tell if there are 1,2, or 3 rings lit.

20200419_171429 (resized).jpg20200419_171429 (resized).jpg

If I'm hovering over the ring board, its easy to see the individual bulbs.

20200419_171435 (resized).jpg20200419_171435 (resized).jpg

My only worry with moving it ...is that the bulbs become more exposed and I don't like looking at exposed lights on the PF (like GI lights).

#5848 3 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

wow thats looks super cool!!!! thanks for the photos its the best that i ever seen so far!

#5849 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Has anybody made new holes for the ring LED and moved it? Basicallly...where it is right now, from the players viewpoint, the LED bulbs are pushed too forward (towards the player), so its hard to tell whats actually lit up.
Actually...the only rings I care about are the elf rings, but as is its hard to tell if there are 1,2, or 3 rings lit.
[quoted image]
If I'm hovering over the ring board, its easy to see the individual bulbs.
[quoted image]
My only worry with moving it ...is that the bulbs become more exposed and I don't like looking at exposed lights on the PF (like GI lights).

This may sound stupid but have you looked at the orientation of yours now and compared it to other under the PF shots at that insert to see if the wires are in the same spot? Just a thought that someone might have removed it once for cleaning etc, and put it back in a different rotation then it was originally if that's possibly. I do believe that LED board is a square mount so anything is possible.

#5850 3 years ago

This may sound stupid but have you looked at the orientation of yours now and compared it to other under the PF shots at that insert to see if the wires are in the same spot? Just a thought that someone might have removed it once for cleaning etc, and put it back in a different rotation then it was originally if that's possibly. I do believe that LED board is a square mount so anything is possible.

That makes a lot of sense. If that’s the issue the board would be have to be off 90 degrees one way or the other. If it was 180 degrees the red light in the first pic would be way off.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
€ 7.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals
Flipper parts
Boards
PinSound
Boards
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
Plastics
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 12.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,138 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-lord-of-the-rings-journey-begins-members-club/page/117?hl=pinlink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.