You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

f14 pinball (resized).jpg
IMG_4856 (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

It's gotta be Doctor Who, right?

I first found out about the epic attract mode when I was scorekeeping for the 2016 INDISC event. I always made sure to keep an eye on whoever was playing Doctor Who, so I could run over right away and validate their score when they were done.

Just today I came across a Doc Who in the wild (Comic Hero University in Fullerton, CA) and had a blast playing it! When it was time to post a pic of my score up on Pindigo though, my arm fell asleep holding the camera waiting for my score to display, after the game credits, the Doctor Who credits, the Bally logo, "WINNERS DONT USE DRUGS*" and whatever else. Not a bad score though, right? (I'm bullshitting. My score was meager compared to other peoples' scores).

By the way, goddamn is Doctor Who a great game or what?? The multi-level Pin*Bot-esque ball locks are incredible, and the upper left flipper shot into the ramp is just SOOOOO delicious. Didn't Keith Elwin make that shot like 20 times?!?

Also, any game credited to someone named "Pfutz" has GOT to be good.

*there was no "WINNERS DON'T USE DRUGS" message, but it was era appropriate

IMG_4856 (resized).jpgIMG_4856 (resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

Centaur has a pretty lengthy attract mode

#3 7 years ago

If its music you want, F14 Tomcat plays its tune for about an hour before it finally stops. A bug that was apparently never removed.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

If its music you want, F14 Tomcat plays its tune for about an hour before it finally stops. A bug that was apparently never removed.

HAHAHA, seriously??? That's pretty cool. Although I'd much rather listen to the High Speed theme for an hour...

#5 7 years ago

Never played an F-14. Always wanted to, now I have to.
Doesn't that lil robot keep squawking and scaring the shit outta ya non-stop in DW attract mode?

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Never played an F-14. Always wanted to, now I have to.
Doesn't that lil robot keep squawking and scaring the shit outta ya non-stop in DW attract mode?

OMG dude, its like the voices from Wizard of Wor and Berzerk got together to create the most hideous sound EVER.

#7 7 years ago

Whirlwind has about a 5 minute light and music show after the game is over before the scores come up. Pressing the flipper buttons does nothing.

#8 7 years ago

Only Fran Drescher can top that brain rattling little fucker for most annoying sounds ever transmitted.

#9 7 years ago

Mousin' Around. That tune lasts forever.

#10 7 years ago

EXTERMINATE !!! EXTERMINATE !!!

#11 7 years ago

Pinbot has the best attract mode. It explains the rules and lights the shots!

6 years later
#12 1 year ago

#f-14-tomcat attract mode seems intense... sure to turn heads...

f14 pinball (resized).jpgf14 pinball (resized).jpg
#13 1 year ago
Quoted from Invictus:

F-14 Tomcat attract mode seems intense... sure to turn heads...[quoted image]

There is also something in F-14 light show will go nuts for no reason. It will be sitting for what seems like hours, then just flashall crazy. At least my old game did.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

£ 110.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Bartlett, IL
3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-longest-attract-mode-in-pinball-history and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.