hyperspace80scomp (resized).jpg
eddie (resized).jpg
jjppirates (resized).jpg
gorgar (resized).jpg
transporter (resized).jpg
pinballwizardry (resized).jpg
my prediction (resized).jpg
freefall (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanwanger.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

One tip for CDC mode finish is it takes two shots on the CDC ramp to finish

Wow, really? I thought for certain it was just one to finish. Thanks for pointing that out!

The doc you link to says 25k increase for each CDC shot while building value...that must be a typo. Even 250k doesn't make sense because I know I've had 4m+ values from CDC and I know I didn't make 13 consecutive ramp shots to set that up. My guess is 500k?

#14 7 years ago

A huge thanks to everyone who has given it a listen so far! Many more to come.

#17 7 years ago

I think the first shot to start the mode is 750k, then CDC loops after starting the mode but before making other shots add 25k (775k, 800k, 825k). It's a cumulative value so shot one 750k plus shot two 775k gives you 1,525,000

Ah, this makes sense. Thank you.

1 week later
#19 7 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

When is the next episode going to drop?

We're planning to record this weekend. I'm really excited to talk about Dialed In!

Then, going forward, the episodes should be much more frequent.

1 week later
#22 7 years ago

I guess posting all over social media that a new episode is about to drop is a good way to force me into finalizing it quickly.

Listen to us gush about our favorite pinball pinball event!

iTunes, Stitcher, or: https://soundcloud.com/user-859738069/episode-2-dory-hill-pinball-campout

#23 7 years ago

We hope to have an Expo / Dialed In episode within a few days!

#25 7 years ago

Alright...listned to episode two...waiting for number three to drop later this week

Thanks Captive_Ball! Next one should be up in the morning. After that, there are at least 3 more already recorded. Should be fast and furious for a bit!

#29 7 years ago

thought I heard mention of an interview from some guy named Trent Must have already been recorded and in the back pocket

Will be coming late next week! Dialed In is next.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

What is the gear you are using?
Sounds like you have the mix down now and better balance. Same JJ gear as before?

This is really embarrassing, but I believe that episodes 2,3,4,5 are all accidentally recorded using the pinhole mic on the side of my macbook. We set up all the gear and didn't realize that the input on our audio program (Audacity) was set to "internal mic". Sigh.

For episodes 4 and 5, I've been playing with the Compression and Equalization filters in post-processing, which I think it has helped a ton.

The next episode, I believe, actually uses JJs mic. Just in time for us have to return the equipment back to him. I'll do some research and see what other people recommend for equipment, but open to suggestions if anyone has them.

Thanks so much for listening Hilton! Agreed, it's hard to objectively judge a podcast when you know the people doing it. We're always open to suggestions on how to make things better - still feeling this out!

Anyone should feel free to message us publicly or privately.

Edit: you can also email [email protected]

#38 7 years ago

Tried to sneak another podcast by me ....nice try. Episode 5, Trent Augenstein Interview....dropped on iTunes yesterday. Thank you

I generally upload them around midnight or 1am mountain time...and then don't bother to make a lot of noise about it on the interwebs at that hour since most people are sleeping.

I'm amazed how many plays we'll have by the time I wake up in the morning. Seems like everyone is really on top of their podcast feeds!

#48 7 years ago

3 words, Inlane Clown Posse

I'm not ashamed to admit that I spent over two hours coming up with that name. Spent some quality time plugging pinball related words into http://pungenerator.org/

2 weeks later
#67 7 years ago
Quoted from mof:

ryanwanger: I see you posted ep. 9 -- wondering what the censored ep. 8 was all about !
-mof

Haha - you'll be forced to wonder forever.

Chalk that up to: not paying attention. I even thought to myself, "wow, 9 episodes already?!?".

I corrected it just now. Not sure if/when/how that will update in feeds.

1 week later
#79 7 years ago

I was just trying to remember the 80s Stern game that I referenced in my Pinburgh story where I got two Specials from the inlane in one ball. So I looked it up: Wild Fyre.

#85 7 years ago

The direct link is this: https://soundcloud.com/user-859738069/ep-11-bias-afm

But also available (probably) everywhere you listen to podcasts.

#87 7 years ago
Quoted from mof:

ryanwanger is there a way to download episodes?
-mof

I just changed the permissions so they should now be downloadable from Soundcloud. Let me know if you have any issues! Thanks for asking...no real reason that I wasn't enabling it.

Also, I didn't get any notice that you @ mentioned me. Couldn't find anything in the settings. Is that not a thing?

#97 7 years ago

I'll get some older stuff out there...just give me a little time.

It just so happens that everything I have made prior to TAF is broken at the moment...Bat Cats, Radical, High Speed, Prospector, and Super Flite.

High Speed or Bat Cats will probably be the first trials.

Happy to do a segment about older games that earn. There are a few I know just from asking around!

1 week later
#101 7 years ago

Merry Christmas! Once you've had enough family time, have a listen to our latest episode: https://soundcloud.com/user-859738069/ep13-jingle-balls

Would really like to hear some other opinions about how to play IJ. Either we're not that sophisticated, or there isn't that much to know.

#102 7 years ago

Also curious to see what you all think of the sound quality. The last two episodes came from a recording session done remotely over Skype.

1 month later
#118 7 years ago
Quoted from DennisK:

Do ya'll use Audacity for editing the podcast?

Yes! Any tips?

3 weeks later
#121 7 years ago

Listening to episode 15 tonight and you're discussing the difficulty in finding important information in long Pinside threads.
Key Posts are a fairly new feature on Pinside. If you know of a thread that should be indexed, this thread would be a good place to ask.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/key-posts
If you want to see an example of a thread index try: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-ultimate-playfield-restoration

This is great, thank you. I hadn't really been paying attention to the key posts feature. It would be nice to see a "condensed view" of a thread that shows all (and only) key posts back to back to back...the way you can do the same thing with just posts from a particular user.

1 month later
#134 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

My last name is Wurtenberger. My first name is Erik.

I totally knew this, just not on the spot like that.

If you're ever in Colorado, please let me know. We must duel!

3 months later
#156 6 years ago

New episode is up: https://soundcloud.com/user-859738069/dialed-in-pinburgh-pregaming-bias-wh2o

If you had given up on us resolving audio quality issues...please give it one more shot. Really happy with how the audio came out this time.

This episode:
- my Dialed In arrived
- Kevin and I butted heads in the Colfax monthly
- we can't wait for Pinburgh
- Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced Strategies for Whitewater

1 month later
2 months later
#176 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

when i try and load this episode it says it is "being processed" and cannot be listened to.

I sometimes get this with longer podcasts when I'm out and about. When I'm on wifi, it'll download it fine, but not when on cellular data. Think that was the issue?

4 years later
#204 2 years ago

I've got some episodes on my computer, but I don't have #18 or #46 unfortunately.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanwanger.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-little-kings-pinball-podcast?tu=ryanwanger and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.