hyperspace80scomp (resized).jpg
eddie (resized).jpg
jjppirates (resized).jpg
gorgar (resized).jpg
transporter (resized).jpg
pinballwizardry (resized).jpg
my prediction (resized).jpg
freefall (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider desertt1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#61 7 years ago

I listened to ep 6 last night on the way to and from hockey. Now I want to do a local team league as well, but we have a pretty sad player base compared to the total population of the area. I was thinking "factory" teams for Tucson Pinball (my place) and D&D (30 game location). 6-player teams and matches are determined by rolling dice. Each player would play and if not all 6 are there, the team with fewer players would have some playing in 2 matches. 3 games per match, 1 point for a win, 2 for doubling opponents score. Home player picks all 3 games. Events alternate home/away so it evens out in the end. Would need a rule in there so maybe players with less than 12 months of IFPA records don't get destroyed and quit. Maybe 1 point for being better than 50% of the other score, 2 points for the win, and 3 points for doubling the other score.

No IFPA points though right? Phoenix has exploded this year and so next year I think Tucson will be back to where it was, struggling to have a point count that gets them into the SCS finals. That might be a different battle though, and I don't need to be running another local event. I already do league, superleague (2017 plans undetermined), and a match play even on the second and fourth week of the month. Team league still sounds fun.

Oh, and tell Ryan I sent him a wall of text PM yesterday.

2 weeks later
#81 7 years ago

Sierra Vista. The town you are thinking of in S. AZ is Sierra Vista.

1 week later
#91 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

would love to hear some quick break downs/strategy on some of the older classics that you run on route Kevin.
Side note, would love to hear your run down of top 10 pre-DMD games to toss on route.

This would be great info. I love listening to podcasts that have multiple angles. Little Kings can cover game play strategy really nicely, but can change gears just like that to talk about hobby operating, and much more. We actually got asked if we could go from 2 machines at our newest location to 4-8, so I'm back at looking at project machines I can get into, fix up, and get out in the public. Having a small list of pre-DMD titles to look out for (that give a decent ROI... Funhouse ) would make for a good segment.

3 weeks later
#104 7 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

I'll get some older stuff out there...just give me a little time.
It just so happens that everything I have made prior to TAF is broken at the moment...Bat Cats, Radical, High Speed, Prospector, and Super Flite.
High Speed or Bat Cats will probably be the first trials.
Happy to do a segment about older games that earn. There are a few I know just from asking around!

High Speed is my current restoration project. I have 3 System 11's on route already though. Diner, Police Force, and just last week, Taxi. At .50 a game, I have found that they are pretty popular and very reliable.

I have a few lingering issues that have started to pop up on Police Force, but I'm hoping to bring that one back in for some fixing once HS is ready to go out. PF is not down, but does play differently because sometimes the car works fine (it's the ball lock) and other times it will always stay in the down position so locks can't happen. In that game though, multiball is simply single ball play with 2 balls. Jackpots are done another way. MB tends to be very quick anyway, so nobody really minds.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider desertt1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-little-kings-pinball-podcast?tu=desertt1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.