Topic Stats

• 200 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 65 days ago by Caucasian2Step
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 47 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DORYHILLX-patch (resized).jpg
flow1 (resized).jpg
realper (resized).jpg
rudycrazed (resized).jpg
mccarthy1 (resized).jpg
NBX (resized).jpg
bias (resized).png
tron lightcycle (resized).jpg
hyperspace80scomp (resized).jpg
eddie (resized).jpg
jjppirates (resized).jpg
gorgar (resized).jpg
transporter (resized).jpg
pinballwizardry (resized).jpg
my prediction (resized).jpg
freefall (resized).jpg

There are 200 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 3 years ago

Special When Lit looks forward to hosting your teams week 9 and 10

#52 3 years ago

can you guys explain the team/league thing in more detail or have a website with info?

I am looking for new formats for Madison and with 3 prominent locations I think we could make something liek that work.

#53 3 years ago

modeled after Monday Night Pinball : https://www.mondaynightpinball.com/

We have a website but not sure if Ryan wants to share it with the public as thats how we enter scores and what not and there is no log in / security

4 rounds
doubles/singles/singles/doubles
Round 1 - Doubles - Visiting Team Picks Game
4 games - 8 players play 2 sit
Visiting team is player 1 and 3. Home Team is 2 and 4
If you get:
1st and 2nd = 5 points to 0 points
1st and 3rd = 4 points to 1 point
1st and 4th / 2nd and 3rd 3 points to 2 points. Combined higher score gets 3 points

Round 2 Singles
7 games, 7 players play, 3 sit
Home team picks games and goes 1st
if you:
Win by over double = 3 points to 0 points
Win by less than double = 2 points to 1 point

Round 3 Singles
7 games, 7 players play, 3 sit
Away team picks and goes 1st
-same scoring as round 2

Round 4 Doubles
Home team picks
4 games, 8 players play, 2 sit
Home team is 1st and 3rd, away is 2nd and 4th
Same scoring as round 1

Bonus points if all players play 3 rounds and sit 1

#54 3 years ago

Great job guys. Just started listening today, very solid podcast well done, keep up the good work..

#55 3 years ago

1. how do you determine who plays who?
for both double rounds and singles rounds?

2. how often are you playing?

3. how long is a season?

4. any seaosn buy-in?

5. season prizes?

Sounds like 10 players on a team?

#56 3 years ago

1) As captain I enter before each round what games my team picks and who is in that game, or I match up against what the opposing team has entered. we have a website Ryan built that we can enter in all the info and it populates the results.

2&3) once a week on Thursdays for 10 weeks

4) $40 a person, $400 a team. all to payout

5) traveling trophy that can be seen at the 2up (1up colfax) above the bar

10 players a team
as many subs as you want can be listed on your roster, each sub can only play 3 times a season. if they play more they have to be added to the active roster and some one dropped. Once dropped from a roster that player cannot sub for you but can sub for other teams. Any sub can sub for any number of teams. ie they could sub for me 3 times and Ryan 3 times and be ok.

#57 3 years ago

how many teams and locations?

thx for the info

#58 3 years ago

this season 6 teams, 6 locations. play each team at home and away. Last season Lyons had a team but they merged with Boulder.
Pinball Jones - Fort Collins
Press Play - Boulder
Cuckoos Nest - Lakewood
Hyperspace - Lakewood
1up Lodo - Denver
1up Colfax - Denver

#59 3 years ago

The Little Kings recorded another session a few evenings ago. More is on the way!

1 week later
#60 3 years ago

new episode is up for those that listen.

https://soundcloud.com/user-859738069/ep-7-ghostbusters

#61 3 years ago

I listened to ep 6 last night on the way to and from hockey. Now I want to do a local team league as well, but we have a pretty sad player base compared to the total population of the area. I was thinking "factory" teams for Tucson Pinball (my place) and D&D (30 game location). 6-player teams and matches are determined by rolling dice. Each player would play and if not all 6 are there, the team with fewer players would have some playing in 2 matches. 3 games per match, 1 point for a win, 2 for doubling opponents score. Home player picks all 3 games. Events alternate home/away so it evens out in the end. Would need a rule in there so maybe players with less than 12 months of IFPA records don't get destroyed and quit. Maybe 1 point for being better than 50% of the other score, 2 points for the win, and 3 points for doubling the other score.

No IFPA points though right? Phoenix has exploded this year and so next year I think Tucson will be back to where it was, struggling to have a point count that gets them into the SCS finals. That might be a different battle though, and I don't need to be running another local event. I already do league, superleague (2017 plans undetermined), and a match play even on the second and fourth week of the month. Team league still sounds fun.

Oh, and tell Ryan I sent him a wall of text PM yesterday.

#62 3 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I listened to ep 6 last night on the way to and from hockey. Now I want to do a local team league as well, but we have a pretty sad player base compared to the total population of the area. I was thinking "factory" teams for Tucson Pinball (my place) and D&D (30 game location). 6-player teams and matches are determined by rolling dice. Each player would play and if not all 6 are there, the team with fewer players would have some playing in 2 matches. 3 games per match, 1 point for a win, 2 for doubling opponents score. Home player picks all 3 games. Events alternate home/away so it evens out in the end. Would need a rule in there so maybe players with less than 12 months of IFPA records don't get destroyed and quit. Maybe 1 point for being better than 50% of the other score, 2 points for the win, and 3 points for doubling the other score.
No IFPA points though right? Phoenix has exploded this year and so next year I think Tucson will be back to where it was, struggling to have a point count that gets them into the SCS finals. That might be a different battle though, and I don't need to be running another local event. I already do league, superleague (2017 plans undetermined), and a match play even on the second and fourth week of the month. Team league still sounds fun.
Oh, and tell Ryan I sent him a wall of text PM yesterday.

Team League is so much fun! and a great way to learn. I'm loving it! I'm on Kevin's team!

#63 3 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Team League is so much fun! and a great way to learn. I'm loving it! I'm on Kevin's team!

JJ, you coming to foco tonight? We are gonna make the Flipper Babies Cry!!! muwhahahah

#64 3 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

JJ, you coming to foco tonight? We are gonna make the Flipper Babies Cry!!! muwhahahah

I can't.. Leaving town =( Ha I'm going to be happy when we Cry all the way to the bank on beating you guys!

You guys are going to loose =)

#65 3 years ago

Enjoying the podcast, keep it up.
-mof

#66 3 years ago

ryanwanger: I see you posted ep. 9 -- wondering what the censored ep. 8 was all about !
-mof

#67 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

ryanwanger: I see you posted ep. 9 -- wondering what the censored ep. 8 was all about !
-mof

Haha - you'll be forced to wonder forever.

Chalk that up to: not paying attention. I even thought to myself, "wow, 9 episodes already?!?".

I corrected it just now. Not sure if/when/how that will update in feeds.

#68 3 years ago

ryanwanger What's the name of Kevin's favorite book on pinball engineering?
-mof

1 week later
#69 3 years ago

bump for new episode!

Really glad you guys host on soundcloud so I can listen easily!

#70 3 years ago

also, would love to have you guys out.

consider yourselves officially invited if you want to come. Mark the dates on your calendar now. Flights direct from den to MSN are pretty cheap

Just let me know as it will fill up/sell out with 80 people.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mad-rollin-pinball-2017-sept-22-23#post-3467111

#73 3 years ago

If you have not done so already, please consider following our FaceCrack page here:

https://www.facebook.com/LittleKingsPinballPodcast/?fref=ts

#74 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

ryanwanger What's the name of Kevin's favorite book on pinball engineering?
-mof

Pinball engineering? As in building games or fixing them?

C2S

#75 3 years ago

Caucasian2Step

Quoted from Caucasian2Step:

Pinball engineering?

Not sure -- on one ep. you went upstairs and grabbed books, and came back down very excited, and you failed to mention the titles. Perhaps you could list them here to help your listeners.

-mof

#76 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Caucasian2Step

Not sure -- on one ep. you went upstairs and grabbed books, and came back down very excited, and you failed to mention the titles. Perhaps you could list them here to help your listeners.
-mof

I'll take a look when I get home. Most of those were books about pinball history and collecting games.

#78 3 years ago

Bestest used book store find...

Ever!

image (resized).jpeg

#79 3 years ago

I was just trying to remember the 80s Stern game that I referenced in my Pinburgh story where I got two Specials from the inlane in one ball. So I looked it up: Wild Fyre.

#80 3 years ago

That book cover should add additional length of the ball going over the right slingshot into the outlane

#81 3 years ago

Sierra Vista. The town you are thinking of in S. AZ is Sierra Vista.

#82 3 years ago

Only the 5th pinball podcast I've listened to. New favorite. Thanks for keeping the episodes comin'...
-mof

#85 3 years ago

The direct link is this: https://soundcloud.com/user-859738069/ep-11-bias-afm

But also available (probably) everywhere you listen to podcasts.

#86 3 years ago

ryanwanger is there a way to download episodes?

-mof

#87 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

ryanwanger is there a way to download episodes?
-mof

I just changed the permissions so they should now be downloadable from Soundcloud. Let me know if you have any issues! Thanks for asking...no real reason that I wasn't enabling it.

Also, I didn't get any notice that you @ mentioned me. Couldn't find anything in the settings. Is that not a thing?

#88 3 years ago

If you do use iTunes, you can subscribe and D/L episodes from there as well. Please consider leaving feedback for the podcast as well as episodes as it will boost our visibility within the iTunes library.

Thank you!

C2S

#89 3 years ago

We got our first mention on another Podcast here:

http://www.tucsonpinball.com/tucson-pinball-podcast-episode-12-applying-tutorials/

Wayne used the LKP Ghostbusters tutorial against me for the win. AGH! Well played Wayne!

#90 3 years ago

would love to hear some quick break downs/strategy on some of the older classics that you run on route Kevin.

Side note, would love to hear your run down of top 10 pre-DMD games to toss on route.

#91 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

would love to hear some quick break downs/strategy on some of the older classics that you run on route Kevin.
Side note, would love to hear your run down of top 10 pre-DMD games to toss on route.

This would be great info. I love listening to podcasts that have multiple angles. Little Kings can cover game play strategy really nicely, but can change gears just like that to talk about hobby operating, and much more. We actually got asked if we could go from 2 machines at our newest location to 4-8, so I'm back at looking at project machines I can get into, fix up, and get out in the public. Having a small list of pre-DMD titles to look out for (that give a decent ROI... Funhouse ) would make for a good segment.

#92 3 years ago

Guys - keep up the good work, really enjoying it!

#93 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I'll talk to Ryan about this subject. All of his games are B/W 90's and newer on location.

#94 3 years ago

I'll talk to Ryan about this subject. All of his games are B/W 90's and newer on location.

yeah, but you rock the good stuff

#95 3 years ago

Sorry to hear that... Perhaps there's still hope for him...
Keep us informed on his progress, won't you?
-mof

#96 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

yeah, but you rock the good stuff

I don't care how old a game is or who made it. If the game has game... I'm playing it!

#97 3 years ago

I'll get some older stuff out there...just give me a little time.

It just so happens that everything I have made prior to TAF is broken at the moment...Bat Cats, Radical, High Speed, Prospector, and Super Flite.

High Speed or Bat Cats will probably be the first trials.

Happy to do a segment about older games that earn. There are a few I know just from asking around!

1 week later
#99 3 years ago

another fun episode

#100 3 years ago

Good episode, Levi is crushing right now. Also, Wil won the Mile High Up Yours league tournament, fort collins reppin' 3 in state. Watch out Denver

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Ocoee, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Redmond, WA
$ 9,000.00
There are 200 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside