hyperspace80scomp (resized).jpg
eddie (resized).jpg
jjppirates (resized).jpg
gorgar (resized).jpg
transporter (resized).jpg
pinballwizardry (resized).jpg
my prediction (resized).jpg
freefall (resized).jpg
There are 204 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 7 years ago

Our first episode is up for your listening pleasure. This show is a collaboration between myself and Ryan Wanger. We are doing this on a shoestring so please forgive the quality of our audio (we only had one microphone), but we believe that the quality of the discussion will keep y'all entertained.

It's posted up on iTunes and we will be putting up a Facebook page for the broadcast very soon.

Look here for episodic updates, and feel free to give us all the feedback you can. We have future guests lined up, products to review and look forward to playing and talking more pinball!

Thank you for checking us out!

C2S

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#2 7 years ago

You got a link....???!..........Joey

#3 7 years ago

Good content. Lots of competition for podcast listeners, better sound quality is a must. Ryan sounded great, C2S much worse comparatively.

One tip for CDC mode finish is it takes two shots on the CDC ramp to finish. When done looping CDC, hit up to four other shots, hit CDC ramp, move X multiplier to right inlane, hit CDC ramp to finish.
Walking Dead rules doc:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XNUs8fgLOB2hVBBzcsgxDvdEuBbGhRuwSJdkkeo1Xv4/mobilebasic

Great so far, looking forward to more. Thanks for making the effort to inform and entertain us.

#5 7 years ago

Little Kings?

LK (resized).jpgLK (resized).jpg

#6 7 years ago

Awsome!!!! Looking forward to it..

#7 7 years ago

Ryan and I are looking into ways to balance our voices out better with the 1mic we have so far. We will be purchasing more (and better) gear in the future, but for now we are working with what we have. After Ryan gets back from expo, we will record our next show. I'll keep y'all updated here.

#8 7 years ago

C2S I enjoyed listening to it yesterday. I look forward to your next episode.

#9 7 years ago

Is it true your podcast will be stylized from the Howard Stern show? Adult film stars playing pinball in your studio could be huge.

(Thread bump)

#10 7 years ago

Cool stuff, Ryan mentioned to me awhile back you guys were gonna do this. Look forward to more to come.

#11 7 years ago

Here's the RSS feed

http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:257557579/sounds.rss

I'll post the word to the 2 worthy video game podcasts thread.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Is it true your podcast will be stylized from the Howard Stern show? Adult film stars playing pinball in your studio could be huge.
(Thread bump)

While I really do enjoy Howard, I'm more of an Opie and Anthony fan. Most radio shows are, well... boring. After listening to a bunch of other pinball podcasts as homework I have to admit that my favorite was the first. Clay Harrell got to the game before anyone else did and he got some INCREDIBLE interviews with a list of pinball royalty. Some of these guests have passed on (Steve Kordek's interview in particular was stellar, and Python showed us what a pinball mad-scientist was really all about) or haven't been seen on a podcasts again. If we are taking cues from anyone, it is Shaggy and his team of merry pin-miscreants. For those of you who do not know what I am referring to, check out the archive from one of my pinball heroes here:

http://www.pinrepair.com/topcast/past.php

shaggy3 (resized).pngshaggy3 (resized).png

shaggy2 (resized).jpgshaggy2 (resized).jpg

shaggy4 (resized).jpgshaggy4 (resized).jpg

shaggy5 (resized).JPGshaggy5 (resized).JPG

shaggy1 (resized).jpgshaggy1 (resized).jpg

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

One tip for CDC mode finish is it takes two shots on the CDC ramp to finish

Wow, really? I thought for certain it was just one to finish. Thanks for pointing that out!

The doc you link to says 25k increase for each CDC shot while building value...that must be a typo. Even 250k doesn't make sense because I know I've had 4m+ values from CDC and I know I didn't make 13 consecutive ramp shots to set that up. My guess is 500k?

#14 7 years ago

A huge thanks to everyone who has given it a listen so far! Many more to come.

#15 7 years ago

Very solid first effort...looking forward to the next one.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Wow, really? I thought for certain it was just one to finish. Thanks for pointing that out!
The doc you link to says 25k increase for each CDC shot while building value...that must be a typo. Even 250k doesn't make sense because I know I've had 4m+ values from CDC and I know I didn't make 13 consecutive ramp shots to set that up. My guess is 500k?

I think the first shot to start the mode is 750k, then CDC loops after starting the mode but before making other shots add 25k (775k, 800k, 825k). It's a cumulative value so shot one 750k plus shot two 775k gives you 1,525,000. I watched Elwin's video of gameplay on an LE.

At about 14 minutes he starts CDC (750,000 for starting the mode), does not loop the CDC ramp, then makes a right ramp shot. The right ramp added 500k to the CDC value because he had already completed Arena and made his cumulative value 750k + 1.25m?. Later he finishes, 55 million for the mode.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

I think the first shot to start the mode is 750k, then CDC loops after starting the mode but before making other shots add 25k (775k, 800k, 825k). It's a cumulative value so shot one 750k plus shot two 775k gives you 1,525,000

Ah, this makes sense. Thank you.

1 week later
#18 7 years ago

When is the next episode going to drop?

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

When is the next episode going to drop?

We're planning to record this weekend. I'm really excited to talk about Dialed In!

Then, going forward, the episodes should be much more frequent.

#20 7 years ago

Alright LKPP listeners. Ryan and I recorded two seperate sessions last night. One with and one without special guests. Keep your eye on this string and our facecrack page (https://www.facebook.com/The-Little-Kings-Pinball-Podcast-202574163508700/) for more updates and information. Have yourself a great day and PLAY SOME PINBALL!

#22 7 years ago

I guess posting all over social media that a new episode is about to drop is a good way to force me into finalizing it quickly.

Listen to us gush about our favorite pinball pinball event!

iTunes, Stitcher, or: https://soundcloud.com/user-859738069/episode-2-dory-hill-pinball-campout

#23 7 years ago

We hope to have an Expo / Dialed In episode within a few days!

#24 7 years ago

Alright...listned to episode two...waiting for number three to drop later this week

#25 7 years ago

Alright...listned to episode two...waiting for number three to drop later this week

Thanks Captive_Ball! Next one should be up in the morning. After that, there are at least 3 more already recorded. Should be fast and furious for a bit!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#27 7 years ago

Episode 3 was great....A lot more talk about the Dirty Donny Aerosmith pin since you guys had that conversation. I thought I heard mention of an interview from some guy named Trent Must have already been recorded and in the back pocket

#28 7 years ago

Very cool! Had no idea this was happening.

Thanks guys and thanks for hosting on soundcloud also (So I can listen at work). If you ever want to have a midwestern guest (maybe on my next trip to CO), I am up for the fun.

#29 7 years ago

thought I heard mention of an interview from some guy named Trent Must have already been recorded and in the back pocket

Will be coming late next week! Dialed In is next.

#31 7 years ago

Another great episode.....EMs pay for themselves faster than NIB games....for the win!

#32 7 years ago

Tried to sneak another podcast by me ....nice try. Episode 5, Trent Augenstein Interview....dropped on iTunes yesterday. Thank you

#33 7 years ago

fun podcast you guys have started here. Maybe it helps because I consider you both friends, but fun to listen to the banter and you are a good duo. I have always liked your guys attitude surronding pinball so it is fun to listen along.

What is the gear you are using?

Sounds like you have the mix down now and better balance. Same JJ gear as before?

#34 7 years ago

Digging the podcast, guys. Keep it up!

#35 7 years ago

Episodes #3 and #4 are up. We talk a bit about the new JjP game that was debuted at Pinball Expo in Chicago.

https://soundcloud.com/user-859738069/episode-3-expo-report
https://soundcloud.com/user-859738069/episode-4-dialed-in

#36 7 years ago

And... a long form interview with The Trentaur himself and some of his partners in pinball crime Rebecca and Deborah!

https://soundcloud.com/user-859738069/episode-5-trent-augenstein-interview

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

What is the gear you are using?
Sounds like you have the mix down now and better balance. Same JJ gear as before?

This is really embarrassing, but I believe that episodes 2,3,4,5 are all accidentally recorded using the pinhole mic on the side of my macbook. We set up all the gear and didn't realize that the input on our audio program (Audacity) was set to "internal mic". Sigh.

For episodes 4 and 5, I've been playing with the Compression and Equalization filters in post-processing, which I think it has helped a ton.

The next episode, I believe, actually uses JJs mic. Just in time for us have to return the equipment back to him. I'll do some research and see what other people recommend for equipment, but open to suggestions if anyone has them.

Thanks so much for listening Hilton! Agreed, it's hard to objectively judge a podcast when you know the people doing it. We're always open to suggestions on how to make things better - still feeling this out!

Anyone should feel free to message us publicly or privately.

Edit: you can also email [email protected]

#38 7 years ago

Tried to sneak another podcast by me ....nice try. Episode 5, Trent Augenstein Interview....dropped on iTunes yesterday. Thank you

I generally upload them around midnight or 1am mountain time...and then don't bother to make a lot of noise about it on the interwebs at that hour since most people are sleeping.

I'm amazed how many plays we'll have by the time I wake up in the morning. Seems like everyone is really on top of their podcast feeds!

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

For episodes 4 and 5, I've been playing with the Compression and Equalization filters in post-processing, which I think it has helped a ton.
The next episode, I believe, actually uses JJs mic. Just in time for us have to return the equipment back to him. I'll do some research and see what other people recommend for equipment, but open to suggestions if anyone has them.

I use a Blue Yeti, and when we record groups in-person that's what we use since it can be easily switched into omnidirectional to catch sound all around it. For most sessions, I'm solo in the room and put it in cardioid to reduce background noise. Tony uses a Blue Snowball on his end (we record through Zencastr). So, if you want a USB solution, we both are satisfied with those models.

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from DennisK:

I use a Blue Yeti, and when we record groups in-person that's what we use since it can be easily switched into omnidirectional to catch sound all around it. For most sessions, I'm solo in the room and put it in cardioid to reduce background noise. Tony uses a Blue Snowball on his end (we record through Zencastr). So, if you want a USB solution, we both are satisfied with those models.

I'll second the Blue mics. I record with a Snowball and it's always been fantastic. I've used it at E3 for sit down interviews and when we've done The Pinball Podcast live. It's a great all around mic. Price to performance, they're just amazing for podcasting.

#41 7 years ago

What about for recording at events where there is lots of background noise?

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

What about for recording at events where there is lots of background noise?

I have a little portable recorder (a Tascam DR-05) for events, since it can fit in my pocket and has some decent-sized mics on it for a portable unit, but I've not used any content from it yet for the podcast (I keep forgetting to bring it!).

In terms of background noise, reducing sensitivity on the mic to try and only capture sound near it is the best thing (on the Yeti this is done via a gain control knob; at home I keep it all the way down, but if people are around I have to turn it up the further from the mic they sit).

Beyond that, you can try to clean it up in post, but that works better for pulling out consistent sounds (like a fan humming in the background) versus other people talking.

We used the Yeti to record Keri Wing (first female winner of a PAPA circuit event) for our 10th episode outside in a public area. It serves as a good example of how hard it is to deal with background noise. While the conversation itself is clear, the background noise is also always there (I got a lot of it to the point where you couldn't tell what everyone in the background was saying all the time, but I never was happy with my cleaning effort on it and wish I'd done a better job in both pre- and post-production). On retrospect I should have pulled the gain down even more, but live and learn. Honestly, my recommendation is don't record in loud public places, it is just way too much work to deal with cleaning it up (or accept it and apologize to listeners before playing the clips!).

#43 7 years ago

It's almost Murphy's Law that the laptop will default to using their terrible internal mic instead of the USB plugged-in one.

#44 7 years ago

We are live Streaming today with the Little Kings Pod Cast guys. Playing POTC, GB Pro and Kiss LE!

twitch.tv/gexchange

JJ

#46 7 years ago

Downloaded and listening.

#47 7 years ago

3 words, Inlane Clown Posse

#48 7 years ago

3 words, Inlane Clown Posse

I'm not ashamed to admit that I spent over two hours coming up with that name. Spent some quality time plugging pinball related words into http://pungenerator.org/

#49 7 years ago

another fun podcast.

are you guys on your own eqipment now? Levels sound very good on ep 6

#50 7 years ago

With the admission that we are learning as we go along, we have been very fortunate to have gear lent to us by JJ Babich and his and of merry men at GeX. Any feedbback, ideas, tips and hints are greatly appreciated.

C2S

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

There are 204 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-little-kings-pinball-podcast/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.