View topic image gallery

20230507_180443 (resized).jpg
8072B419-0559-4E99-8988-487A6C574C2E (resized).jpeg
IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
watch (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
It's dangerous on pinside to go alone (resized).png
20230512_105453 (resized).jpg
There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 months ago

I have this on pre-order, coming tomorrow. Who else is ready to play?

#2 11 months ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Absolutely… wish I could take a month off of work for it though.

#3 11 months ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Legendary of Zelda?

I’m excited, seems like they added a lot of crafting though. Can’t stand that everyone adds dumb crafting mechanics to otherwise perfect games now.

#4 11 months ago

Just finished the download. I knew I couldn't play yet but tried anyway

#5 11 months ago

Family’s been counting the days - long wait finally here!

#6 11 months ago

I'll be playing it shortly, arrived at 8.30am this morning but I have been waiting until it's beer o-clock (3.36pm as of the time of this post)...there are some advantages to being a day ahead of you northern hemisphere folks

20230512_105453 (resized).jpg20230512_105453 (resized).jpg
#7 11 months ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Legendary of Zelda?
I’m excited, seems like they added a lot of crafting though. Can’t stand that everyone adds dumb crafting mechanics to otherwise perfect games now.

Oops. Fixed title.

BOTW had lots of crafting. Here, they added construction, perhaps, is the better word. Supposed to be a big part of it, and the mechanic is getting rave reviews.

#8 11 months ago

My 10 year old has been counting the days for months! I haven't played any past the SNES version but realize they're great. If it keeps him off Minecraft and Terraria for a little while I'm for it. Plus he still wants to play at District tonight as long as he doesn't want to get knocked out of the tournament early to get it..lol

#9 11 months ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Legendary of Zelda?

Wait, like minecraft? Ugh no wonder my boy wants it so bad then!

#10 11 months ago

Haven't played LoZ since Twilight Princess. Used to love all these games, responsibilities suck. Hopefully I can get back to a few that I've missed along the way.

#11 11 months ago

Im to busy playing resident evil 4 remake

#12 11 months ago

Looking forward to playing this weekend. I never finished the last one I hope it's somewhat intuitive to play.

#13 11 months ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Looking forward to playing this weekend. I never finished the last one I hope it's somewhat intuitive to play.

How could you abandon BOTW?!? That was the first game in a LONG time that I just couldn’t stop playing. I’ve beaten it twice and on the second run through got all of the shrines. It’s incredible!

#14 11 months ago

I don't have alot of time for video games but I did finish BOTW... over the course of almost 2 years. I'll pick up this one as I'll play it and my kids will play it too. Nothing like a game a grown ass man and his kids can all have fun playing. I think they really nailed the open world nature with the last one and this one is even better I hear. Gonna do so much cooking.

#15 11 months ago
Quoted from SNES:

How could you abandon BOTW?!? That was the first game in a LONG time that I just couldn’t stop playing. I’ve beaten it twice and on the second run through got all of the shrines. It’s incredible!

Only because I stupidly upgraded my storage card incorrectly & lost all my progress lol didn't feel like doing it all over again.

#16 11 months ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I don't have alot of time for video games but I did finish BOTW... over the course of almost 2 years. I'll pick up this one as I'll play it and my kids will play it too. Nothing like a game a grown ass man and his kids can all have fun playing. I think they really nailed the open world nature with the last one and this one is even better I hear. Gonna do so much cooking.

It definitely helps when the kids are interested. My 8 year old daughter is a huge fan of BOTW so that definitely helped me get into it more.

#17 11 months ago

The best & forever my personal favorite is this one...

It's dangerous on pinside to go alone (resized).pngIt's dangerous on pinside to go alone (resized).png
#18 11 months ago

Waiting for Amazon delivery. Zelda pizza party at my house tonight.

#19 11 months ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Waiting for Amazon delivery. Zelda pizza party at my house tonight.

Amazon has let me down. It was supposed to come today, but I just got an update now saying tomorrow by 10pm. Oh well. It’s a bummer, but luckily my wife and daughter are at a dance comp all Sunday so I’ll have plenty of time to dive in.

I loved BOTW. It blew me away. I’m interested to see how this compares. Plus, I’ve been playing a lot of Eldin Ring which has a very different feel but is just as expansive and draws a lot on what BOTW did for the first time in the open world genre. It will be interesting to go back to the Zelda franchise after that.

#20 11 months ago

Last one I played was Link to the Past. That game was amazing.

#21 11 months ago

What a shock Amazon let someone down I drive for them and it's a everyday occurrence especially when the the packages are empty because the trash in the hubs steal the stuff

#22 11 months ago

piggy back confirmed the other day with me that they are releasing a guide! Same/similar to the one for botw. I used it to help me get all the cities tasks done... anywho just fyi

https://www.piggyback.com/us/guide/the-legend-of-zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom/

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#23 11 months ago

Bought it but I haven't finished Breath of the Wild yet lol. I'm replaying that one now with the DLC as I don't remember what the hell I was doing with my save from 3 years ago.

#24 11 months ago
Quoted from mrclean:

The best & forever my personal favorite is this one...
[quoted image]

I just played this on my sons switch last week, havent played it since the 80's, I was shocked at how much I remembered and what to do and where to go. By far the best Zelda game

#25 11 months ago

Link to the Past was always my favorite, but I honestly enjoyed BOTW more. Guess I need to change my username haha

#26 11 months ago

If you guys love Zelda and have not played one in years I highly suggest... a Nintendo Game and Watch Zelda edition. They are $50 at BestBuy/Walmart or $45 overnight delivered from Amazon. It is a full color, rechargeable game with the NES copy of Zelda, Zelda 2, and the Gameboy copy of Link's awakening. I'd never played the NES games but the console with the 3 games is cheaper than just the Zelda cartridge. Is this as good as Breath of the Wild / Tears of the Kingdom? No! But for you guys looking to relive your childhood these things are great. I have the Zelda and the Mario one and these are my go-to for airline flights.

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/game-watch-the-legend-of-zelda/
https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Game-Watch-Super-Machine-Specific/dp/B08HB9TCVG

watch (resized).pngwatch (resized).png
#27 11 months ago

If you guys love Zelda and have not played one in years I highly suggest... a Nintendo Game and Watch Zelda edition. They are $50 at BestBuy/Walmart or $45 overnight delivered from Amazon. It is a full color, rechargeable game with the NES copy of Zelda, Zelda 2, and the Gameboy copy of Link's awakening. I'd never played the NES games but the console with the 3 games is cheaper than just the Zelda cartridge. Is this as good as Breath of the Wild / Tears of the Kingdom? No! But for you guys looking to relive your childhood these things are great. I have the Zelda and the Mario one and these are my go-to for airline flights.
amazon.com link »[quoted image]

If you can, wait for it to drop to $35.00. Follow Wario64 on Twitter, he drops crazy game deals every single day. From him I was able to purchased mine from Walmart online for $35.00.

#28 11 months ago

Hmmm… guess I know what I’ll be doing for the foreseeable future!

IMG_1642 (resized).jpegIMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
#29 11 months ago

Our local gaming store sold 3500 copies just today.

#30 11 months ago

Original nes Zelda is my favourite game. I recently watched a review of it from someone that was probably in their 20’s. he was saying how the game would be almost impossible to beat without a strategy guide. He was playing an emulated version and didn’t have the original manual for the game. He scoffed saying without a guide book you’d have to walk around randomly burning every bush to find some of the levels, and commented sarcastically something along the line of “do they expect you to use a pen and paper” as if that was an impossible feat. All of the top comments on the video were that the original manual had enough of a map to get you to level 1 and a hint to find level 2. Or yes we actually used a pen and paper and drew our own maps of to world. Or yes I wandered around burning every bush in the game. Personally I was 9 when it came out, and I got my copy for my birthday/Christmas present. (The days are close) I remember bringing the manual to school to read so that I could be ready to play when I got home, and I literally burned every bush, wandered for days, and drew my own map with pen and paper. That game is super tough for a kid to beat, but I eventually did it. I think I’ve played though with 100% completion 3 or 4 times since I got my game and watch. I’ve watched several play through videos over the years and have came up with a pretty quick route to collect everything, but I don’t screen clip to move around or anything fancy like that, just old school gaming goodness

#31 11 months ago

The one piece of advice I would give to new players of the original Zelda is do some research on counting your kills to force a bomb drop. This is the first thing I do each play through and it can really help in the beginning

#32 11 months ago

its Friday and the kids just got off the bus ready to go!

8072B419-0559-4E99-8988-487A6C574C2E (resized).jpeg8072B419-0559-4E99-8988-487A6C574C2E (resized).jpeg
#33 11 months ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Original nes Zelda is my favourite game. I recently watched a review of it from someone that was probably in their 20’s. he was saying how the game would be almost impossible to beat without a strategy guide. He was playing an emulated version and didn’t have the original manual for the game. He scoffed saying without a guide book you’d have to walk around randomly burning every bush to find some of the levels, and commented sarcastically something along the line of “do they expect you to use a pen and paper” as if that was an impossible feat. All of the top comments on the video were that the original manual had enough of a map to get you to level 1 and a hint to find level 2. Or yes we actually used a pen and paper and drew our own maps of to world. Or yes I wandered around burning every bush in the game. Personally I was 9 when it came out, and I got my copy for my birthday/Christmas present. (The days are close) I remember bringing the manual to school to read so that I could be ready to play when I got home, and I literally burned every bush, wandered for days, and drew my own map with pen and paper. That game is super tough for a kid to beat, but I eventually did it. I think I’ve played though with 100% completion 3 or 4 times since I got my game and watch. I’ve watched several play through videos over the years and have came up with a pretty quick route to collect everything, but I don’t screen clip to move around or anything fancy like that, just old school gaming goodness

you found out a lot of those secrets (which bush to burn etc) from other kids. Everyone shared info and helped each other out.

#34 11 months ago

I’m in shock at the amount of people that still buy physical copies. I mean, getting off the couch to swap games seems like so much work haha.

I haven’t played a Zelda game since N64. May have to give this one a shot.

#35 11 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I’m in shock at the amount of people that still buy physical copies. I mean, getting off the couch to swap games seems like so much work haha.

True. I download everything.

#36 11 months ago

North, west, south, west.

#37 11 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Hey! Some of us still buy vinyl records too!

#38 11 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Same price as digital… but you can’t sell the digital when you’re done… or loan it to a friend.

I like physical copies.

#39 11 months ago

For whatever reason I didn't care for BoTW. I always think the idea of an open world appealing, but at the end of the day I find I just get overwhelmed and bored with end up being stacks and stacks of fetch quests(in most games). In this game it's those damn puzzle dungeons.

But mostly I really really really hated the constant breaking of weapons. I really really hate crafting in games as well. So..probably skip this one.

#40 11 months ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Same price as digital… but you can’t sell the digital when you’re done… or loan it to a friend.
I like physical copies.

Bah. Cost of time and gas at the exchange rate barely breaks even.

I’ll just sell my digital copies and switch in a few decades for a few thousand dollars. Until then, convenience wins in my book.

#41 11 months ago

You pretty much played it the way it was meant to be played. These tubers will never understand.

I remember burning a bush with the blue candle and leaving the screen and returning to burn the next one. Bombing walls and pushing rocks. Exploration is what made the game so fun.

#42 11 months ago

Or if you were really lucky...

20230507_180443 (resized).jpg20230507_180443 (resized).jpg
#43 11 months ago

I used to fill the graveyard with ghosts by pressing on the tombstone and throwing the boomerang at the same time to stun the one that controlled them all, then kill them all at once for big rupees/hearts.

#44 11 months ago

Great post. I too burned every bush, bombed random rock walls, pushed blocks in dungeons, etc. I loved that feeling when you burned a bush and a staircase was revealed. You were elated. Never mind that it was just another shop. The fact that you found something hidden was the thrill. And before Zelda and Mario with its warp levels and Metroid with its hidden tunnels, you just didn’t have games like that. That added a whole new layer to playing, and you just don’t get that feeling anymore from games.

#45 11 months ago

Or if you were really lucky...
[quoted image]

Where the hell did you get that? Oooo.. must have

#46 11 months ago
Quoted from northvibe:

piggy back confirmed the other day with me that they are releasing a guide! Same/similar to the one for botw. I used it to help me get all the cities tasks done... anywho just fyi
https://www.piggyback.com/us/guide/the-legend-of-zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom/[quoted image]

Speaking of this guide.. Amazon has a blazing deal on it right now as a pre-order. $27!! Got mine as I like these books.

https://slickdeals.net/f/16646552-the-legend-of-zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom-the-complete-official-guide-collector-s-and-standard-editions-pre-order-27-61-and-20-05

#47 11 months ago

Hell yeah.. caution: these things are so portable sometimes forget where the hell I placed it after a trip.

Gotta find mine.

#48 11 months ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

You pretty much played it the way it was meant to be played. These tubers will never understand.
I remember burning a bush with the blue candle and leaving the screen and returning to burn the next one. Bombing walls and pushing rocks. Exploration is what made the game so fun.

I spent months maybe years just trying to get enough bombs to try to bomb every wall I could find and open up caves in the rock. There were never enough bombs!

#49 11 months ago
Quoted from Sandman33:

I spent months maybe years just trying to get enough bombs to try to bomb every wall I could find and open up caves in the rock. There were never enough bombs!

Some of the blue enemies were usually good about leaving bombs when you kill them. Mummies usually had them too.

#50 11 months ago

I guess something is just lost over the years to new players, when this came out the game was like being in a different world, you felt different playing it. I had a friend who had the game and it was like this strange world, everything was different than the games before it. It was the coolest thing ever, and yeah half of it was burning bushes and things and just trying to figure it out, or your friends told you. Some of it was revealed in "Nintendo Power" too.

There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-legendary-of-zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.