(Topic ID: 235627)

The Last pinball. What single player drop target EM?

By alimerick

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by alimerick
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C06BAD31-666C-4CC8-96CC-15F605C59FB7 (resized).jpeg
C1208766-56EC-4EF7-94E0-175554A8025F (resized).jpeg
#1 5 years ago

Hi,
Looking for "The Last pinball" I know. Have a space left and pretty happy with current collection. Wife picked allot and they are not going anywhere.
I started with a Gottlieb 1963 Sweet Hearts in 1976 out of the trash that led to all this. Only EM I have had. Sold it in middle 80's for $150 and Found my exact Sweet Hearts pinball recently and bought it for $200. Enjoying Sweet Hearts has made me want another Single player EM. Heck if things were different I would get a bunch more EM's and sell some of the SS. Getting older. Heading into retirement. Looking for a El Dorado because It looks like a really fun drop target game. Soon figured out this is like the AFM of EM's and may not be able to get one but looking. So what other EM games with a bunch of drop targets are fun and or available? I know my decision is mine and all. Am looking at pinside, IPMD etc. But not real familiar with EM's. Drop a Card looks fun but 2 EM card game pins?
Thanks for help and opinions on fun EM drop target pinballs or just really fun EM pinball that would compliment Sweet Hearts. Not sure I want 2 card game pins.

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from alimerick:

Hi,
Looking for "The Last pinball" I know. Have a space left and pretty happy with current collection. Wife picked allot and they are not going anywhere.
I started with a Gottlieb 1963 Sweet Hearts in 1976 out of the trash that led to all this. Only EM I have had. Sold it in middle 80's for $150 and Found my exact Sweet Hearts pinball recently and bought it for $200. Enjoying Sweet Hearts has made me want another Single player EM. Heck if things were different I would get a bunch more EM's and sell some of the SS. Getting older. Heading into retirement. Looking for a El Dorado because It looks like a really fun drop target game. Soon figured out this is like the AFM of EM's and may not be able to get one but looking. So what other EM games with a bunch of drop targets are fun and or available? I know my decision is mine and all. Am looking at pinside, IPMD etc. But not real familiar with EM's. Drop a Card looks fun but 2 EM card game pins.
Thanks for help and opinions on fun EM drop target pinballs or just really fun EM pinball that would compliment Sweet Hearts.

Captain card, or High hand

#3 5 years ago

#4 5 years ago

Sky Jump
Volley
Card Whiz (2 player)

#5 5 years ago

Atlantis

#7 5 years ago

+1 on Abra Ca Dabra

(have had High Hand twice and would also vote for that and Capt. Card. But that continues your card theme.)

#8 5 years ago

El Dorado, Atlantis, or Abra.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Captain card, or High hand

High Hand gets boring quickly (unless you like shooting at rubber)...once you've knocked the targets down they don't reset.

#10 5 years ago

Jacks Open
Volley
Abra Ca Dabra

#11 5 years ago

Abra Ca Dabra

C1208766-56EC-4EF7-94E0-175554A8025F (resized).jpegC1208766-56EC-4EF7-94E0-175554A8025F (resized).jpeg
#12 5 years ago

avidlistener says 2001, yet his avatar is the monster on Abra Ca Dabra backglass....hmmmmm?!?!???

#13 5 years ago

Ha! Funny observation, Blitzburgh.

I actually considered Abra as my recommendation, but for sheer drop target bliss (per the thread title), I felt 2001 had the edge.

I certainly would put forth Abra as the overall better game in my eyes.....

#14 5 years ago

Jacks Open
Sky Jump
King Pin
Team One (add-a-ball version of Abra Cadabra, fairly rare if you can find one, but I like mine)

#15 5 years ago

I was thinking that another Roy Parker game would look nice with Sweet Hearts, but I don’t think any of his had drop targets.

I’m partial to Sky Jump and El Dorado. If multiplayer games were on the table, I’d suggest Solar City or Target Alpha as ED substitutes. Looks like theres a couple on the marketplace right now.

#16 5 years ago

Partial to Abra ca Dabra. Building the Bonus, 10 drop targets.
El Dorado 15 Drop Targets, Sky Jump 7 Drop Targets.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from AvidListener:

I certainly would put forth Abra as the overall better game in my eyes.....

I ‘see’ what you did there! Haha!
C06BAD31-666C-4CC8-96CC-15F605C59FB7 (resized).jpegC06BAD31-666C-4CC8-96CC-15F605C59FB7 (resized).jpeg

#18 5 years ago

Thank You all. I found an El Dorado to be shipped. Not a fan of shipping but? I saw few of the multi-players with same play field but reading what people say seems like they are not as much fun. Also kinda like having 2 singles next to each other. Do not know much about EM's and seems like single player is easier.
Abra-Ca dabra look like fun. Sky Jump keeps coming to mind. Just watched Six Million Dollar Man on DVD received for Christmas. He plays a new one or at least episode was done same year. Also there is a wanted add for this one sitting on DC or Baltimore CL. Atlantis seems like fun but also seems like another hard to find. Heck I want them all.
Thank You

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Placerville, CA
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Scottsdale, AZ
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucca Valley, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-last-pinball-what-single-player-drop-target-em- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.