• Latest reply 5 years ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

220px-Peter_Noone (resized).jpg
55060335780--6231216A-6FCD-4D92-91FD-43BD810073B6 (resized).JPEG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider animator_pin_fan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#1 5 years ago

Hey gang, my apologies, I usually don't post here (longtime lurker) but a great many of the fine folks here have gotten to know me over the years of going to pinball shows, playing in league, and parties & events.

https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=kelly+mazurowski

I'm sure many of you already know most of the backstory of this tragically under-produced game, and the much talked about end of Heighway pinball. As a brief addendum to Aurch's Aliens story, I'm the animator/motion graphics artist on the game. When Aurich brought me on in 2015, I too was working on a royalty basis for all assets I created. However, when my wife was on maternity leave with our 2nd daughter, I had an opening in my schedule which allowed me to work on the game full time from home. After a great deal of negotiation, I had agreed to work for half my wages up front with the promise of royalties to make up the difference when the games finally shipped. Sadly, we all now know the outcome of how this ended.

I am truly grateful that the investors were to still able to honor this part of my agreement. And I'm also super proud of the work we did on this game- A/V and rules, this is a complete package. It was an honor to work with such an amazingly talented team! Like many of you, this game was my dream theme to work on. Unfortunately, as much as I would LOVE to hold on to this game forever, due to many circumstances, I MUST sell.

With that said, I've never sold a pinball machine before, let alone ever owned a rare one to offer. I'm really not sure what the value of this game is? I know Aurich had some luck with his: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-what-s-my-nib-alien-le-worth

As a full-time freelance animator with a family, I would hope that I might be able to get enough to make up for some of the loss in compensation. I'd love to find someone who is also passionate about this game/theme. Bonus if you're local, and would be open to letting play the game once you've got it setup (the only time I actually got to play the game was at EXPO 2016). Hopefully you guys can help me find the right home for this game?

The game is still sealed NEW IN BOX, and still on the pallet it was shipped with. Mine, along with Aurich's were among the last 3 games to leave the factory before the doors closed. Also note, I had requested the game have custom Black trim rather than slime green. I'm open to any private offers, feedback, or suggestions before I have to list it in the marketplace. Once it goes, I'll be sure to make a donation to Pinside. Thanks!

55060335780--6231216A-6FCD-4D92-91FD-43BD810073B6 (resized).JPEG55060335780--6231216A-6FCD-4D92-91FD-43BD810073B6 (resized).JPEG

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Trade it and throw in another 20 grand and you could probably get yourself a Supreme. Now that's a game that certainly works and is a real collectors item!

Hey Odin, ha ha. Supreme is actually 2 blocks away from where I live. Supposedly this year they were only doing lottery online for new product sales, but there's still always an inexplicably long line down the street days before they open. Maybe I should have camped out with the kids while I was waiting for my game to arrive

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Mograph guy here... just wanted to say you absolutely crushed it with the entire package, and the animations are by far my favorite aspect of the game. You deserve so much more than the proceeds from the sale, and it's a huge bummer more folks won't have the opportunity to appreciate your work. Your stop motion stuff rules btw

Thanks for your kind words!
Maybe someday I'll get to work on my other dream theme - using stop motion!

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from MrArt2u:

$20k by midnight!
Kidding aside, I played the Aliens at the GSPF in Lodi and I absolutely loved it. The artwork, animation and gameplay were all bad ass. I’m with you, I hope it stays local. Price wise, I keep hearing the LEs are trading for $13-15k. I’m guessing your NIB should bring at least that. The customized side rails and connection to the design team could also help.
GLWS when you do list it!

The saddest thing about all of this is that, before this game was discontinued, and the company no more, the original plan was to put this thing for free-play in a certain private (but well visited) undisclosed pinball parlor that you may know of

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

I am still waiting for a Ray Harryhausen themed machine, maybe someday... BUMP for your Aliens LE and good luck with a sale!
Brad

If a Harryhausen game ever happens, I better be working on it!!! I was actually at his 90th birthday party at the BFI before Ray passed away : http://www.bfi.org.uk/films-tv-people/4fc75e0644f9c

At the after party, I had asked one of the speakers seen above take my photo with Ray and his wife. When he handed me back my phone, I realized he smirkingly cropped the top of my head out of the picture on purpose!

#24 5 years ago

So, just to clarify, I didn't post here to feel out the price of the game so much as WHO might be interested.

I'm of course hoping to get a good price, but I would honestly prefer the game go to someone who really loves it. It would also be great if the buyer was local, but that's probably asking too much. And finally, who ever is gets the game needs to be easy to deal with, and someone who other people here can at least vouch for.

With that said, any silent offers I get will be considered within reason. If I wanted a fast sale, I already have that on offer.

I'll probably feel it out till the weekend, but maybe longer if that's what it takes to find the right home. I'm in no hurry.

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The original-original plan was to put it in MY house!
GLWTS!

It probably would have scared Josie

#33 5 years ago

Thank you everyone for reaching out. It was great to connect with so many of you that are so passionate about the theme, and LOVE this game.

I've found a great home for it! The GAME IS SOLD. Thanks again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider animator_pin_fan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-last-nib-us-aliens-le-pricecheck-feelers-?tu=animator_pin_fan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.