(Topic ID: 3881)

The last additions for awhile

By smokedog

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

028_(768x1024).jpg
    019_(1024x768).jpg
    023_(768x1024).jpg
    005_(800x600).jpg
    049_(800x600).jpg
    030_(800x600).jpg
    018_(2)_(800x600).jpg
    006_(800x600).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smokedog.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 12 years ago

My buying frenzy has come to a screeching halt!

This past weekend I spent the rest of my pinball budget on two routed machines, a Scared Stiff and Monster Bash. I'm happy to pick them up, as my other two (TAF and TZ) are much more stop and go compared to the new ones. Some nice variety is always good!

The new pins need some work, but it's almost all cosmetic. SS has no errors, needs a cliffy at the spider hole and the skill shot/crate kick out, a new crate decal, and the 'Terrifying!' spot in front of the crate has a tiny wear spot. Pops need some adjusting, and that's about it. Plays real nice.

Monster Bash has some bad wear at the scoop and drac trac, but other wise is in great shape (minus typical decal tearing at legs). Two errors at start up (2 switches, one for the right out lane, another for the left phantom flip). And there seems to be a loose connection some where, as sometimes the left bride ramp won't register, at the same time the middle 'Mosh Pit' shot does not register either. A game later, they are both fine.

Speaking of Phantom Flip, what should happen here? When lit on the right in lane, we hear the sound associated with it, but some times it works, sometimes it just lets the ball drain?

First night we had it, gave it a quick spit and polish, then proceed to have some beers and play. My buddy got Monster Bash and Monsters of Rock going the 6th game he played! Was pretty cool!

And now, the pics:

Question. There seems to be an extra post in front of the crate. Any ideas?

Last pic, yah, that's where a ball ended up during Monster Bash multi-ball. Took us 5 minutes to find it! No idea how it got in there, as I had to remove the plastic to get it out!

006_(800x600).jpg006_(800x600).jpg 018_(2)_(800x600).jpg018_(2)_(800x600).jpg 030_(800x600).jpg030_(800x600).jpg 049_(800x600).jpg049_(800x600).jpg 005_(800x600).jpg005_(800x600).jpg

1 month later
    #7 12 years ago

Monster Bash is almost finished! I only have one step left to complete ... the drac trac. As you can see from the photo's above, there is significant wear. I purchased the decal from Treasure Cove to cover this spot. My question to the group is how should I fill in the low spots? They don't appear to be deep enough for JB Weld (which I used to repair the scoop).

My google-fu turned up two suggestions. Use Krazy Glue and a brush to smooth it out, and the other was to use clear coat, build up to the right height and sand smooth. After fix is done, apply decal.

Has anyone used any of these methods? Maybe some other method? Let me know!

Thanks in advance.

4 weeks later
    #9 12 years ago

All finished! Here's the results:

I built up the drac trac wear with clear. Looking back, I should have used JB Weld like I did for the scoop. It was many layers of clear ... clear, sand, clear, sand .. uggh. But I think the Treasure Cove decal looks good! I suck at colour matching, so the decal was used.

And that's the SS on location. Looking good Elvira!

023_(768x1024).jpg023_(768x1024).jpg 019_(1024x768).jpg019_(1024x768).jpg 028_(768x1024).jpg028_(768x1024).jpg

#11 12 years ago

Yup, bracket installed as well. Shots up the right orbit are as smooth as the left orbit now.

#17 12 years ago

Thanks all. They are both fun pins to play, very approachable for casual players.

The drac trac wear was my first major play field restoration project. Nerve racking at times, and we'll see what it looks like after a couple hundred plays, but over all I think it went well. Couple years down the road I may just end up purchasing a new play field for it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smokedog.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-last-additions-for-awhile?tu=smokedog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.