Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by thundergod76
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2014 (resized).JPG
20170319_162748 (resized).jpg
20170319_162801 (resized).jpg
20170318_215949 (resized).jpg
IMG_8780 (resized).jpg
IMG_1992 (resized).JPG
IMG_1904 (resized).JPG
20170225_151919 (resized).png
20170225_151941 (resized).png
20170225_152007 (resized).png
20170225_152030 (resized).png
20170225_152104 (resized).png

#1 1 year ago

Would really like to see what everyone has done with this title. I think it would be great to have it all in one place, now go!!!

#3 1 year ago

Lollipop side rails
Clear rubbers
Lower plastic protectors
Cliffys
Scoop and Demon mouth leds
K-I-S-S target separater
Relocate left spotlight in front of Paul
Lighted Paul speaker/ amp
Love Gun multiball light strip
Lighted left ramp plastic
Lighted speaker grills
Custom songs/sound effects with PB
Custom coin inserts
Stern topper

Added 21 months ago: Starchild plastic protector

#4 1 year ago

Just look at pinball magazine #3 for some of my mods

#6 1 year ago

20170225_152104 (resized).png

20170225_152030 (resized).png

20170225_152007 (resized).png

20170225_151941 (resized).png

20170225_151919 (resized).png

#7 1 year ago

Just look at pinball magazine #3 for some of my mods

Speaker Light Kits and acrylic designs sold at www.speakerlightkits.com

Attached is a picture from Pinball Magazine #3 and a better picture of a Speaker Light Kit with KISS logo acrylics mounted in the front and the KISS (Paul and Gene) icon acrylic designs mounted in the back.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

PS: That (Grand Champion) Gary Stern sure can play a good game of pinball! I haven't even got close to 75,000,000 on KISS.

IMG_1904 (resized).JPG

IMG_1992 (resized).JPG

#8 1 year ago

www.modfatherpinball.com has a section dedicated to Kiss mods. Shooters, guitars , playfield characters, PinCups, topper and other cool things.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from modfather:

http://www.modfatherpinball.com has a section dedicated to Kiss mods. Shooters, guitars , playfield characters, PinCups, topper and other cool things.

Do you have any pics of the drumset installed in a KISS? I kinda like it.

#10 1 year ago

I did a simple mod on mine last night to change the start button and coin slot inserts

IMG_8780 (resized).jpg

#11 1 year ago

I've ordered several mods and am waiting for them to show up, both pinball related and KISS-centric. The first to arrive are the lane protectors and the McFarlane Alive figures. I need to find a way to get these in the LE somehow without affecting the gameplay...

#12 1 year ago

"Change the start button and coin slot inserts"

I did the same. Does anyone have a supplier for just the left side the coin insert? I can only find the buttons themselves.

#13 1 year ago

Spike cooler system added to all my spike games keeps the back box so cool that loud ass fan NEVER comes on. The fan is not disabled by any means, PS just never gets hot enough to kick on the fan.

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from Scud:

"Change the start button and coin slot inserts"
I did the same. Does anyone have a supplier for just the left side the coin insert? I can only find the buttons themselves.

I made these myself PM me

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I did a simple mod on mine last night to change the start button and coin slot inserts

What color is the powder? Looks great.

#16 1 year ago

The sloppiness of the lighting under the K-I-S-S target insert has always bugged me. Inspired by Mezel's fix, I wanted to control the lighting even better by restricting it to the single letters themselves. I basically made an insert plug with a cutout of the letters that match the graphic and mounted the stock LED boards in their proper spot. As is, it still improves things by quite a bit, but it isn't as good as I would like. There needs to be more LEDs strategically placed to fill out the entire cutout. The single LED boards just don't cut it. My next step is to build a custom LED board to address this.

20170318_215949 (resized).jpg

The lit letters stand out a bit more than the pictures show, but you can see how there is pretty much no bleed through. But you can also see the bright spot where the single LED sits and how it doesn't illuminate the entire letter.

With the 'I' and 2nd 'S'
20170319_162748 (resized).jpg

With the 'K' and 1st 'S'
20170319_162801 (resized).jpg

#17 1 year ago

This insert is a cool idea. The same issue bothered me. I tried to address it with a transparency that I put under the Kiss insert (similar idea to my Metallica coffin skulls insert). The problem I had was that the thickness of the insert made lining it up with the letters dependent on viewing angle which isn't always the same. Thus haven't yet come up with a solution I'm happy with either.

#18 1 year ago

Anybody have a fix for the love gun plastic? This is going to be a common broken plastic with the premium and LE editions as the target pops the ball straight up into this plastic. Would love to see a protector for this area!

IMG_2014 (resized).JPG

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

Anybody have a fix for the love gun plastic? This is going to be a common broken plastic with the premium and LE editions as the target pops the ball straight up into this plastic. Would love to see a protector for this area!

Was I the only one who played the KISS prototype at expo, it never did that on the show room floor? Anyway, the ball was never intended to be launched into the plastic and this was confirmed by more than a few people/TECHS at STERN, so much to the point that techs would reference me by pinside name to do my fix (more than a few pinside members here can vouch for that as that is what they were instructed to do) until they were scolded and told not to inform people of my fix. See my thread below on how to correct that problem.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-star-child-saucer-eject-fix

#20 1 year ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Was I the only one who played the KISS prototype at expo, it never did that on the show room floor? Anyway, the ball was never intended to be launched into the plastic and this was confirmed by more than a few people/TECHS at STERN, so much to the point that techs would reference me by pinside name to do my fix (more than a few pinside members here can vouch for that as that is what they were instructed to do) until they were scolded and told not to inform people of my fix. See my thread below on how to correct that problem.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-star-child-saucer-eject-fix

I think he's asking about the drop target popping the ball into the plastic, not the saucer.

#21 1 year ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I think he's asking about the drop target popping the ball into the plastic, not the saucer.

Correct, if you look closely at the picture on the right side of the drop target you will see the broken plastic piece. I'm hoping someone has made a protector for this area. I think over time you will see this plastic will be broken on many Kiss LE and premium machines.

#22 1 year ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

Correct, if you look closely at the picture on the right side of the drop target you will see the broken plastic piece. I'm hoping someone has made a protector for this area. I think over time you will see this plastic will be broken on many Kiss LE and premium machines.

Oops my bad, I can make those, I will mess with various designs but it will most likely be metal based as plastic would just crack and we would be in the same boat as before

#23 1 year ago

That's awesome Capguntrooper, please post here when you come up with something. This is going to be a common broken plastic over time.

#24 1 year ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

That's awesome Capguntrooper, please post here when you come up with something. This is going to be a common broken plastic over time.

Well that took all night and several prototypes! It is done and works FLAWLESSLY! The first prototype was ugly as sin, but worked to protect the plastic. The second, third, and finally fourth were simple design variances that serves as a protector and beautiful design. Do not want to give to much away at this point, but everyone is going to be impressed by design, now color....well I will be cutting a few prototypes with various color schemes that will work well for both LE and Premium. I am going to cut about 100-150 of these to gauge interest. I will of course provide the additional hardware needed for bracket so it is plug and play. I will bring some up to the Ohio show for anyone who wants to save on shipping.

#25 1 year ago

You rock my friend thank you!! Do you know anything about fabricating saucer deflectors? Lol

#26 1 year ago

Can't wait! Thanks for making these. Put me down for one when hey are ready!

#27 1 year ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

You rock my friend thank you!! Do you know anything about fabricating saucer deflectors? Lol

BRUH! See the link and you won't need a saucer deflector https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-star-child-saucer-eject-fix

Quoted from Kingpin22:

Can't wait! Thanks for making these. Put me down for one when hey are ready!

Will do. My prototype is working like a charm. Gonna try a few paint colors but am most likely going with red as it will match all models and the surrounding plastics have red and red accents.

Ordering a metal sheet and brackets tonight and as soon as I get it in it is off to my cutter and then to paint. Gonna do about 100 +/- 5 or so if cutter gets misaligned or needs to recalibrate.

One more question for PRO owners. Can any of you guys send me some detailed pics of that star child area where the ball enters and ball view perspective left and right of entry area? Thanks in advance

2 weeks later
#28 1 year ago

UPDATE: I had to send my previous metal sheet back as it was the wrong size and I am getting the new sheet tomorrow and will start cutting, then to paint. I will create a new thread for anyone wanting to order one soon. I will of course post the protector/MOD link here for anyone wanting one. I will know final cost per unit shipped soon. I need to see how long each one takes to cut as it is thicker than a normal protector. I tried using thinner stuff but it bent to easily. I won't say "Stay Tuned" but I will say COMING SOON!

#29 1 year ago

Great news! Thanks for making these capguntrooper.

1 week later
#30 1 year ago

Protector mods are all done for first painted batch and will be ready to ship this week. I will be posting pics and a new thread soon

2 months later
10 months later
#33 9 months ago

Can the "Rockin" Starchild be added to the Pro version? I guess it's only on the LE? Would really like to add this feature to my game!!!

#34 9 months ago
Quoted from jv84venom:

Can the "Rockin" Starchild be added to the Pro version? I guess it's only on the LE? Would really like to add this feature to my game!!!

It's on the Premium as well. Shouldn't be too hard if you can source the parts. Not sure if Pro code will support it though. You can just buy the figure and have a static Starchild.

#35 9 months ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

It's on the Premium as well. Shouldn't be too hard if you can source the parts. Not sure if Pro code will support it though. You can just buy the figure and have a static Starchild.

The pro already has a Starchild figure, with a spring at the waste for wiggle-ness.

#36 9 months ago
Quoted from Sparky:

The pro already has a Starchild figure, with a spring at the waste for wiggle-ness.

That's right! It's the amp (mech) that's missing on the Pro.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 25.00
$ 11.95
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
14,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Machine - For Sale
Steele, ND
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 50.00
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside